Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:50:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICN] iCoin - On Swisscex, C-Cex, Bittrex exchange  (Read 162045 times)
speedminer

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 04:32:51 PM

Will be setting up some new promotions for our mining pool pretty soon. 
This time we'll also target some of the promos towards hash-rate!
More info soon on http://speedminer.org

Please join and get in for the ride!

iCoin mining pool @ : http://speedminer.org
FLT mining pool @ : http://flutter.speedminer.org
NLG mining pool @ : http://gulden.speedminer.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Viperbass

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:07:11 PM

I hope to see as many people as possible on IRC. Smiley

RC Channel:#icoin on Rizon - IRC link: https://qchat.rizon.net/?channels=icoin&uio=d4

infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:24:58 PM

Everyone knows 1% premined stated clearly when the coin released, both in ANN thread and Github readme. Nothing to hide from this, anyone can check source code for that.

500k iCoin was given away for Bounties, Graphic design, PR, Dice, Faucet and still going on. Without the premined, we think we were not able to build these great services and have amazing people like Viberpass and Cointopic.

The premined coins are being used for lot of things now and future.

We are not in hurry to push the coin, we are slowly building services around the coin day by day.

And all services are paid in iCoin only, everyone takes part in will have shares in this 1% premined.

As planned, we are still working to add iCoin to Chinese Exchange.

It's Chinese new year here and i am still in hostpital, will back to you later.

Happy new year and cheers!
C.H.

Maybe you should be in a hurry to push the coin. Currently, investors, miners, and other supporters of the coin are flocking elsewhere.

The value of the coin has dropped 50% since it hit exchanges. The mining hashrate is plummeting, and difficulty will be below 2 at next retarget. The few people who still post here and support the coin are no longer feeling too optimistic, as can be seen in recent posts.

The developer of the new leafcoin dumped almost all the premine the first week on giveaways, promotions, bounties, etc. and now the community is so big and enthusiastic that they're supporting further efforts just through donations. This is a much different approach, but one that may be more successful in both the short and long terms.
fablkak

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:40:08 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 02:30:08 AM by fablkak

Everyone knows 1% premined stated clearly when the coin released, both in ANN thread and Github readme. Nothing to hide from this, anyone can check source code for that.
Yes people can find out about it by reading the source code or checking every page of the forum but that isn't being transparent about something important and potentially very negative for the community.

500k iCoin was given away for Bounties, Graphic design, PR, Dice, Faucet and still going on. Without the premined, we think we were not able to build these great services and have amazing people like Viberpass and Cointopic.
Then perhaps the premine should have been 0.1%. How do you justify the need for the other 4,500,000 coins? HOW and WHEN do you plan on spending the remaining 0.9%?

The premined coins are being used for lot of things now and future.
Like what specifically? and when? No offence but the community see the existence of the premine and your apparent reluctance to spend it a real risk.

We are not in hurry to push the coin, we are slowly building services around the coin day by day.
You should be in a hurry! Coins rise and in the blink of an eye. This again just looks like you want to hold on to the premine before it hits the exchanges so you can dump it.

And all services are paid in iCoin only, everyone takes part in will have shares in this 1% premined.

I get that a developer would want to save a little chunk of coins for himself but how much of that 4,500,000 are we talking? Do you intend to keep for yourself whatever you didn't spend on promotions? Do you have a fixed amount in mind or do you just want to hold onto as much as possible? Without being forthcoming with any of this stuff when we asked for transparency is not doing you any good!

As planned, we are still working to add iCoin to Chinese Exchange.
So.... you want to hit the exchanges while you're still sitting on a mountain of coins. Ok, that's not cool in the eyes of the miners.

It's Chinese new year here and i am still in hostpital, will back to you later.
Happy new year and cheers!
I'm sorry to hear that you broke your leg. Once you get out of hospital you really need to start building trust or this coin will die within the week. You want my advice? probably not but I'm going to tell you anyway. Keep your 50,000-100,000 coins that you plan on keeping for yourself and give the rest to the other devs to be spent ASAP on promotions.

In short, you can have a successful coin or you can keep a large premine to yourself but you can't have your cake and eat it too.

iCoin
BcFp3aHNtepyZtrZhwqkfivmrHffUkyrhL
Reverb

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:41:49 PM

fablkak? I think you've misread this post.

I hope to see as many people as possible on IRC. Smiley

RC Channel:#icoin on Rizon - IRC link: https://qchat.rizon.net/?channels=icoin&uio=d4

fablkak

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:46:20 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 10:30:29 PM by fablkak

fablkak? I think you've misread this post.

:+) thanks.
I would love to but I have no time. I'm in my underwear getting ready for work. It looks a bit like this:
http://flavorwire.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/19110424.jpg?w=400&h=600

On second thoughts hey look at that date. I might be free then, I'll see if I can make it. Eh.... it's 6AM Sunday in my time zone... maybe someone can just wear an awesome beard and sound smart to pretend to be me.
nrhs05

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:50:30 PM

The mining hashrate is plummeting, and difficulty will be below 2 at next retarget.

This is getting to be quite serious, i seen the network has dropped to under 40mh/s... its been slowly dropping since the doubts of people have been listed verbally here. hopefully you have some good information planned for your Q&A or it might be bad.....

btc: bc1q3ll9xul5mpyq5vqgzdwj079xl2gxafhrgr3kq0
wing_hk

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:30:33 AM

Will you be able to get someone from the QQ group to come ask questions and feedback?

Most of them mainly care about when ICOIN will join some large exchange.

The group actually talk about many coins and ICoin seems no more a hot topic now. The group creator said he talked to "Jason" before I am not sure if he's the dev here. Seems they seldom come to this thread.

Regarding the Q&A, if it's 7pm GMT+0 then it will be 3am for GMT+8 over Asia. I will translate some good point to the group next day then.
Viperbass

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:47:28 AM

I spoke to CaptainHook and we have a plan to release 50 000 iCoin a month for promotions, excluding other services that the community decide to add for a reward.

CaptainHook is a quite a paranoid character and says if we give massive promotion straight away it will only benefit a few that know about iCoin, so as the coin
grows more promotions will come.

I understand your fears, I had the same reservations about the premine, Perhaps we need to learn how the Ripple, NXT and second generation coins convince
the community that a 100% premine isn't a bad thing and that it's being done for the right reasons.

Just something to add, if Captainhook ever decides to dump out I will personally be buying up iCoin, this way the power switches into my hands or whoever buys up coins
at these low prices. cointopic and I are here to stay whether or not CaptainHook ends up being a dirty player. We don't need him to continue with the coin BUT
I honestly don't believe this is what he wants, he has delivered on every single bounty,service,rewards and told me he doesn't care if the coin takes 7 months to
take off. Does this sound like a desperate person to you for money?

I will make sure everything gets dealt with as fairly as possible, I have a good reputation here and I plan to keep it that way.

For more transparency I have bought up over 16 000 iCoin between both exchanges at 10% of what I think they worth currently.

fablkak

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:12:09 AM

I spoke to CaptainHook and we have a plan to release 50 000 iCoin a month for promotions, excluding other services that the community decide to add for a reward.

CaptainHook is a quite a paranoid character and says if we give massive promotion straight away it will only benefit a few that know about iCoin, so as the coin

I understand your fears, I had the same reservations about the premine, Perhaps we need to learn how the Ripple, NXT and second generation coins convince
the community that a 100% premine isn't a bad thing and that it's being done for the right reasons.

Just something to add, if Captainhook ever decides to dump out I will personally be buying up iCoin, this way the power switches into my hands or whoever buys up coins
at these low prices. cointopic and I are here to stay whether or not CaptainHook ends up being a dirty player. We don't need him to continue with the coin BUT
I honestly don't believe this is what he wants, he has delivered on every single bounty,service,rewards and told me he doesn't care if the coin takes 7 months to

I will make sure everything gets dealt with as fairly as possible, I have a good reputation here and I plan to keep it that way.

For more transparency I have bought up over 16 000 iCoin between both exchanges at 10% of what I think they worth currently.

I appreciate your comment and you sound like you genuinely have the future of the coin in mind.
(Note from now on when I say 'you' / 'your', I mean the whole dev team and or the founder)

I hate to be the negative one again, but seven months is a hell of a long time in the crypto currency world. Giving away 50k coins per month is a good start but let me show you why it's still a worry to me and other miners.

The following table assumes that the 50k a month is essentially given to the miners/community. It also takes into account rough block reward halving dates.

http://i62.tinypic.com/sfjc6g.jpg

Now in theory, for a coin that is supposed to last decades this isn't a problem, but it just so happens that this large premine and slow release is also the perfect set up for something dodgy. Remember, it only has to last long enough to get onto an exchange for a scam to be pulled off and how long is that? one month? two? still 50% territory. I think we would all feel a lot better if the Dev distributed the coins to the whole team so that no one person can ruin everything OR the give-aways are sped up big time. Whatever it takes to distribute those coins sooner rather than later. The fact that there were no plans to even spend a satoshi of the premine on promotions until the community kicked up a stink isn't a good sign. I feel like a jerk saying this but really, get your act together guys. Make a plan, make it public and then stick to it. The world won't wait for iCoin, you guys have to catch up or be left behind with the other ten thousand coins that didn't make it.  

fablkak's donation box:
bitcoin
1HYk5tHcx1RBnXYsNkTpqaZ7VHsm1Ng31L
anoncoin
AXz3YzHDFzYp61L23WoNWaLqSPCiboZXaA
grandcoin
gNhtTAAjFE8224JAqhDhH5dJnPsyUhUL1Q
frankocoin
F8VdhMzqjYhY6jELeZtAANN1YN1PnsHsEU
feathercoin
6fXr3GNWQPpdMfgLXUN99PcPaBkqXGzovS
cryptogenicBullion
5Sb6Qezs8P4ZPABe9UCmYqjC5ti3pMbELe
dogecoin
DPTX7nyXomfdWqmTFY1jnbEUQLijdEAdKq
catcoin
9ftqotdWngTEiMsPaUM3WCCa4YHij2DYBG
kittehcoin meow
KJcs8V8k5YehPkWwXCa751aqCXvkp349dA
iCoin
stevenb

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:19:36 AM

I appreciate your comment and you sound like you genuinely have the future of the coin in mind.
(Note from now on when I say 'you' / 'your', I mean the whole dev team and or the founder)

I hate to be the negative one again, but seven months is a hell of a long time in the crypto currency world. Giving away 50k coins per month is a good start but let me show you why it's still a worry to me and other miners.

The following table assumes that the 50k a month is essentially given to the miners/community. It also takes into account rough block reward halving dates.

Now in theory, for a coin that is supposed to last decades this isn't a problem, but it just so happens that this large premine and slow release is also the perfect set up for something dodgy. Remember, it only has to last long enough to get onto an exchange for a scam to be pulled off and how long is that? one month? two? still 50% territory. I think we would all feel a lot better if the Dev distributed the coins to the whole team so that no one person can ruin everything OR the give-aways are sped up big time. Whatever it takes to distribute those coins sooner rather than later. The fact that there were no plans to even spend a satoshi of the premine on promotions until the community kicked up a stink isn't a good sign. I feel like a jerk saying this but really, get your act together guys. Make a plan, make it public and then stick to it. The world won't wait for iCoin, you guys have to catch up or be left behind with the other ten thousand coins that didn't make it.  

fablkak's donation box:
bitcoin
anoncoin
grandcoin
frankocoin
feathercoin
cryptogenicBullion
dogecoin
catcoin
kittehcoin meow
iCoin

Viberpass said 50k icoin giveaway per month, not counted for other services. Can you create something without money? There're so many coins with 1-5% premined. So don't bother much about that.

I like the way iCoin Devs using premined to build the services around iCoin, it will definitely support the coin in long term.

People are selfish, keep asking Devs but they do nothing, i think no one has donated yet lol. Someboby just want to earn lot of money in day 1 without doing anything, it's just dreaming guys!

ps: I bought a lot iCoins and i think i am the biggest iCoin holder, i'm very pleased with iCoin so far. Just wait for the day iCoin be a big star in virtual currency.
ps: They created the coin, they decide what to do with the premined. if you don't like it, just mine other coins. It's fair game.

TeamICoiN (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:22:43 AM

https://www.cryptorush.in is now live!

There is some exciting additions that will be coming to this exchange in the near future which will increase it's trade volumes and make it a big player in the market.
We are proud to have our first btc/iCoin exchange go live.

It wont be long before the community realise how serious we are about this coins future.

We have a massive mining promotion that will take place once the new iCoin branding is released, we want as many people as possible to share in the premine.

@fablkak please pm us with any ideas or anyways you would like to take part in iCoins growth, we would like to have someone like you represent the coin
and to confirm that we have it's best interests @heart.

For anyone else, after the new branding is released we will be giving rewards for any valuable services and contributions you can make to get
the iCoin name out there. please PM us.

More updates coming soon!

Gravity

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:50:33 AM

fablkak's donation box:
bitcoin
anoncoin
grandcoin
frankocoin
feathercoin
cryptogenicBullion
dogecoin
catcoin
kittehcoin meow
iCoin

Viberpass said 50k icoin giveaway per month, not counted for other services. Can you create something without money? There're so many coins with 1-5% premined. So don't bother much about that.

I like the way iCoin Devs using premined to build the services around iCoin, it will definitely support the coin in long term.

People are selfish, keep asking Devs but they do nothing, i think no one has donated yet lol. Someboby just want to earn lot of money in day 1 without doing anything, it's just dreaming guys!

ps: I bought a lot iCoins and i think i am the biggest iCoin holder, i'm very pleased with iCoin so far. Just wait for the day iCoin be a big star in virtual currency.
ps: They created the coin, they decide what to do with the premined. if you don't like it, just mine other coins. It's fair game.

I think what fablkak is saying is that it would be better for the team to split control of the funds. We don't know who CaptainHook or CoinTopic is but Viperbass has a good name here.

cointopic

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:06:14 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2014, 08:14:37 PM by cointopic

fablkak

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:34:44 AM

@fablkak please pm us with any ideas or anyways you would like to take part in iCoins growth, we would like to have someone like you represent the coin and to confirm that we have it's best interests @heart.

I'll try to make it to the IRC channel this weekend. All I can really do is voice my concerns which may or may not be representative of sceptical bastards everywhere. The only real solution I have to the problem of trust at the moment is to take trust out of the equation by distributing and spending that premine sooner rather than later.
Just remember, this is the internet and as a rule no one trusts anyone. You can't fight that, you just have to work around it.

fablkak out.

iCoin
WOPR

Activity: 223

Birb.co Bounty and Airdrop Manager

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:42:04 PM

P2Pool updated and available source code at https://github.com/woprgit/p2pool-wopr

Block explorer has been improved with a new cron job to avoid freezes every x minutes. Now, we are improving the look and will be released next week.

P2pool pool:
http://icoin.altpool.pw:19360
Fee 0.5%

Block explorer:
http://ichain.altpool.pw:5000/chain/iCoin

TeamICoiN (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:37:10 PM

P2Pool updated and available source code at https://github.com/woprgit/p2pool-wopr

Block explorer has been improved with a new cron job to avoid freezes every x minutes. Now, we are improving the look and will be released next week.

P2pool pool:
http://icoin.altpool.pw:19360
Fee 0.5%

Block explorer:
http://ichain.altpool.pw:5000/chain/iCoin

Thanks WOPR Smiley
Viperbass

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:09:47 PM

We are looking for a German and French translator, we are offering 3k reward each for translation of new website and ANN.

This will be part of iCoin's Global launch intuitive taking place really soon. Come be part of history.
jogoma12

Activity: 249

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:28:17 PM

We are looking for a German and French translator, we are offering 3k reward each for translation of new website and ANN.

This will be part of iCoin's Global launch intuitive taking place really soon. Come be part of history.

I can do french

Edit: Spanish too, just let me know
Viperbass

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:53:03 PM

I can do french

Edit: Spanish too, just let me know

Thanks jogo,

Just a German translator and we done Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: