Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:40:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 [471] 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055595 times)
piyany

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:38:39 PM

Brick & mortar refers to a physical retail store not a specific company or chain. We are in LA working on a deal to get DigiByte accepted in 1000+ physical retail stores.

Holy Moly! This is a game changer.

1000+ physical retail stores?

Many people have said this before on this thread: with what? With a $583,662 market cap? (Based on theoretical coin supply and not the real coin supply after factoring in the block discovery issue.) http://coinmarketcap.com/ Who's going to fund those purchases and with what?  And that's not to mention a totally erratic confirm that can last up to more than an hour. Does that sound like something read to go primetime?

Give me a break. Got to get the coin right first.

What do you think drives adoption? There is not a block discovery issue. You are only pulling data from one mining pool.

At this moment the coin is not safe against ASICs and even without them. Implementing new algo will take months.
Managers of those retail stores must be asking the question- is it safe and reliable? In those aspects DigiByte cannot compare to bitcoin...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:41:44 PM

Brick & mortar refers to a physical retail store not a specific company or chain. We are in LA working on a deal to get DigiByte accepted in 1000+ physical retail stores.

Many people have said this before on this thread: with what? With a $583,662 market cap? (Based on theoretical coin supply and not the real coin supply after factoring in the block discovery issue.) http://coinmarketcap.com/ Who's going to fund those purchases and with what?  And that's not to mention a totally erratic confirm that can last up to more than an hour. Does that sound like something read to go primetime?

What do you think drives adoption? There is not a block discovery issue. You are only pulling data from one mining pool.

At this moment the coin is not safe against ASICs and even without them. Implementing new algo will take months.
Managers of those retail stores must be asking the question- is it safe and reliable? In those aspects DigiByte cannot compare to bitcoin...

Why on EARTH would you WANT to be 'SAFE' from asics? They ensure network stability with HUGE hash.. are you on drugs?
cryptmebro

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:45:39 PM

Why on EARTH would you WANT to be 'SAFE' from asics? They ensure network stability with HUGE hash.. are you on drugs?

So many people don't understand this, it blows my mind. Gpus can only go so far, even with x11/qrk and the like.
piyany

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:51:04 PM

Do I really need to explain this?  Some people live in idealistic world or have no imagination I guess.

DigiByte is no bitcoin/litecoin not to fear a threat from ASICs...
boozoodoo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 09:57:53 PM

Morecoins.org perfect pool for you!

Our benefits:

Stable and fast SSD cloud hosting
Stratum with VARDIFF
Proportional payments
E-mail notification
Skilled technical support 24/7

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 10:05:28 PM

Do I really need to explain this?  Some people live in idealistic world or have no imagination I guess.

DigiByte is no bitcoin/litecoin not to fear a threat froespeciaeaca
We are working on multiple fronts right now. The Crypto mining community is tiny compared to the potential consumer base we could be looking at here. The point is we are working to gain very serious attention for DigiByte on multiple fronts. We want mining to be fair. But if we gain merchants on a larger scale than Bitcoin and especially litecoin an algo change may not be possible or necessary. But as of right now it is still the plan.

Ryven Cedrylle

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:11:57 PM

What's up with the blockchain? Blocks are coming out like an hour or more apart it seems.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:16:37 PM

It blows my mind that you continue to insist upon saying the same thing in the face of the facts, and those facts come from your own blockchain posted on your own web. http://explorer.cryptopoolmining.com/chain/DigiByte The numbers are the numbers, and the math is the math, but to insist on the same lame response is nothing short of idiotic. Block discovery is WAY OFF from what it should be, and that's based on very elementary comparative calculations using the DGB blockchain data, time, and coin specs.

I'm really starting to wonder about you.

Think about it this way: I’ve got a relatively new apartment building whose construction was faulty and now has a leaky roof and cracking walls and I’m telling you that it can easily be converted into a luxury hotel. Are you selling that? That's what it's increasingly looking like.

In the crypto biz, if you don’t have a widely distributed user base, you ain’t got diddly squat, and anything else you want to talk about is pie in the sky (i.e. a sham).

But let’s say, for argument’s sake, that there is someone who either dearly needs a huge tax write-off or has his/her head up you know what, and you get the money from those supposed investors. What do think we should really expect from people who don’t know how to make their coin work correctly, much less keep their website up-to-date?

When Daddy Warbucks runs out of pump money, look out below (IMVHO).

So far today, there has been an approximate $124,000 of USD equivalent volume on MintPal and $40,000 on Cryptsy and it's showing all the signs of a parabolic pattern with a volume spike that’s more often than not associated with a blow off top. The pattern is currently in a “second/last chance to sell phase”. The pattern targets well below 30, and quickly. However, that’s not to say that is a guaranteed outcome. There’s still a chance, however small it might be, that DGB could just as quickly run to 400 turning that volume spike into one of the most powerful breakout patterns imaginable, eventually targeting 2000 satoshi within a month. That's what Daddy Warbucks is hoping for, but he's going to need a lot of suckers (again IMVHO). That’s the technical side of things.

Everyone must make their own decision, regarding both the technicals AND the fundamentals.

BTW, the only thing I will commend you on is leaving my posts intact and allowing plurality of opinion so people can inform themselves as best they can and then make the best decision they can on their own and for themselves.

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 10:29:03 PM

It blows my mind that you continue to insist upon saying the same thing in the face of the facts, and those facts come from your own blockchain posted on your own web. http://explorer.cryptopoolmining.com/chain/DigiByte The numbers are the numbers, and the math is the math, but to insist on the same lame response is nothing short of idiotic. Block discovery is WAY OFF from what it should be, and that's based on very elementary comparative calculations using the DGB blockchain data, time, and coin specs.

I'm really starting to wonder about you.

Think about it this way: I’ve got a relatively new apartment building whose construction was faulty and now has a leaky roof and cracking walls and I’m telling you that it can easily be converted into a luxury hotel. Are you selling that? That's what it's increasingly looking like.

In the crypto biz, if you don’t have a widely distributed user base, you ain’t got diddly squat, and anything else you want to talk about is pie in the sky (i.e. a sham).

But let’s say, for argument’s sake, that there is someone who either dearly needs a huge tax write-off or has his/her head up you know what, and you get the money from those supposed investors. What do think we should really expect from people who don’t know how to make their coin work correctly, much less keep their website up-to-date?

When Daddy Warbucks runs out of pump money, look out below (IMVHO).

So far today, there has been an approximate $124,000 of USD equivalent volume on MintPal and $40,000 on Cryptsy and it's showing all the signs of a parabolic pattern with a volume spike that’s more often than not associated with a blow off top. The pattern is currently in a “second/last chance to sell phase”. The pattern targets well below 30, and quickly. However, that’s not to say that is a guaranteed outcome. There’s still a chance, however small it might be, that DGB could just as quickly run to 400 turning that volume spike into one of the most powerful breakout patterns imaginable, eventually targeting 2000 satoshi within a month. That's what Daddy Warbucks is hoping for, but he's going to need a lot of suckers (again IMVHO). That’s the technical side of things.

Everyone must make their own decision, regarding both the technicals AND the fundamentals.

BTW, the only thing I will commend you on is leaving my posts intact and allowing plurality of opinion so people can inform themselves as best they can and then make the best decision they can on their own and for themselves.

From day one we have not deleted a single post nor will we. The initial post someone made was taking data from a pool not the block chain. We are booting up a laptop to look at the blockchain.  Not sure why you are trolling so hard. We are doing are best to make something happen for DigiByte here. And we are well on are way to making that happen right now. Will reply shortly with more blockchain info.

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:30:39 PM

So many people don't understand this, it blows my mind. Gpus can only go so far, even with x11/qrk and the like.

Think of GPUs as though they are people. That's your user base. The argument behind ASIC resistant is not to fight efficiency, rather it is to support a widely distributed user base. Everyone has a computer (well, not everyone, but you get the idea) and they are multitasking (that's why "everyone" has one). ASICs are specialized, and, by definition, your average man on the street will never have one (they can't do other practical things that the average man wants), and that means that you say goodbye to universal adoption, as in KYSGB.

Efficiency is good, but not at the cost of your widely distributed user base, that is if you want to survive.

Why do you think so much emphasis is being given to CPU mining by those energy efficient algos out there? Would it be that they're looking to be even more inclusive still?

And the anonymity bit, I mean, get off it. That will never fly long term. What regulator is going to allow that? And why wouldn't you want your name stamped on your money anyway? It's mine, and I want it to say so - especially if it's robbed so I can get it back (but that's another issue, for another day - we've got to take baby steps, one at a time  Wink ).

piyany

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:33:35 PM

DigiByte is no bitcoin/litecoin not to fear a threat froespeciaeaca
We are working on multiple fronts right now. The Crypto mining community is tiny compared to the potential consumer base we could be looking at here. The point is we are working to gain very serious attention for DigiByte on multiple fronts. We want mining to be fair. But if we gain merchants on a larger scale than Bitcoin and especially litecoin an algo change may not be possible or necessary. But as of right now it is still the plan.

Staying in scrypt for the future means directly competing with litecoin and dogecoin for the hashing power from ASICs. This is not a situation DigiByte wants to be from a technical viewpoint.
I guess any merchant will ask first about safety/stability and they need to be 100% sure. Algo change in my opinion seems the right choice.

And please look at the issue with delayed blocks. Confirmations take too long, DGB inflation over the months is not at it should?

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 10:37:21 PM

It appears we had a massive momentary spike in hash rate. DigiShield works but with such a large increase it will take time to average out again. Other coins this could take weeks. We are still looking more into it.

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:39:26 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 03:11:11 PM by HR

From day one we have not deleted a single post nor will we. The initial post someone made was taking data from a pool not the block chain. We are booting up a laptop to look at the blockchain.  Not sure why you are trolling so hard. We are doing are best to make something happen for DigiByte here. And we are well on are way to making that happen right now. Will reply shortly with more blockchain info.

The first time I mentioned it was here (check out the time stamp) - with no response.

I'm curious. With DBG stuck on block 131993 for over an hour and a half now, I started looking at the block chain and I noticed that it's been taking progressively longer to find blocks, with only an average of 10.66 blocks found per hour over the last 24 hours.

Only an average of 19.25 blocks found per hour over the last 5 days?

I've quickly searched a bit, but I haven't found anything on this. Forgive me if I've missed it.

Add: 131994 was just found - just under 2 hours between blocks!

The second time was here - again, no response.

Reasonable expectations are an extremely important part of, if not perhaps even the most important aspect of, any endeavor, but equally so is the window of opportunity for its implementation.

Fear of making a mistake can paralyze projects, leading to over cautiousness and missed opportunities, while unconscious brazenness can lead to almost certain short term disaster. It's a balancing act that normally plays out over a considerable amount of time, and even then it's tough to get right. Accelerate things by a factor of 10, and we might begin to just begin to get an idea as to how much more difficult that balancing act will be within the present context.

I think I understand both sides of this highly charged issue. An algo change is not an overnight venture (unless it is stop-gap, cut and paste, and, as we know, that Digibyte is not), but the urgency felt by many is also well worth noting – the rate at which cryptocurrencies are evolving is increasing exponentially and I too share the worry that it will come too late. There's nothing like a great idea ahead of its time that gets beaten out by someone else who is quicker to bring it to market. Nothing like a good product that's too late! I mentioned earlier how an average of only 10.66 blocks were being found per hour over the last 24 hours, and 19.25 per hour over the last 5 days, and I'm not exactly sure what that is due to, but if it has anything to do with a dwindling of the widely distributed user base and an increase in ASIC mining, that would not be a good sign for time being on DGB's side (either way, there's obviously something wrong with that output for a 60 second coin, and very disconcerting considering that mining is the foundation that everything else rests on at this time . . . perhaps it's another completely unrelated issue to further complicate things . . .).

In any event, along with 'getting it right', I think we can probably also all agree that time is of the essence and there's no time to waste! We've got a supersonic balancing act on our hands and all eyes are on the Dev team. If English bookmakers were to place bets on this, I'd bet that the bet would be: “can they do it in time?” (Just to add a bit of "big game" pressure to the mix while we're at it.  Wink )

I want to wish the Dev team the best of luck with this very stressful 24/7 project you have on your hands, and to also thank you for keeping us up-to-date and in-the-loop. Rest assured that you can count on my/our help with testing and whatever else I/we might be able to do. Here's to getting a great job done in time!

The third was last night - quoted here within your response, and as you an see, there was no mention of anything other that DBG blockchain data in any of my posts.

As of 2014-06-02 21:03:42

Last 24 hours: only 410 blocks found of a supposed 1440 theoretical programed 60 second blocks.

Previous 24 hours: only 280 blocks found

Previous 24 hours: only 166 blocks found

What would be the explanation for this?

In order to be competitive with ASIS resistant coins (and the few still competitive scrypt coins), on a relative profitability basis, actually mining the coin, DGB would have to be valued at around 120 satoshi, and that, of course, is based on a 60 second block find basic assumption. With blocks being found at only around 1/4 of the rate of what should be the case . . . well, I'll let you all do the math. Blockchain Explorer: http://explorer.cryptopoolmining.com/chain/DigiByte

Something is very wrong with this picture.

This information is coming from 1 mining pool. Not the entire DigiByte network.

Add:

And what I said here still stands:

...and other obvious issues like the nagging question as to how the Dev team could possibly be unaware of the blocks solved issue . . . and if they were, well, I don't know if that's not even worse ...

And you say you're booting up a laptop? And you really want to consider my postings "trolling"?

It's late over here, and I'm headed to bed.

Again, I've got to respect you for dealing with my comments and opinions head on.

Best regards

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 10:42:33 PM

The initial post someone made was taking data from a pool not the block chain. We are booting up a laptop to look at the blockchain. 

The first time I mentioned it was here (check out the time stamp) - with no response.

I'm curious. With DBG stuck on block 131993 for over an hour and a half now, I started looking at the block chain and I noticed that it's been taking progressively longer to find blocks, with only an average of 10.66 blocks found per hour over the last 24 hours.

Only an average of 19.25 blocks found per hour over the last 5 days?

I've quickly searched a bit, but I haven't found anything on this. Forgive me if I've missed it.

Add: 131994 was just found - just under 2 hours between blocks!

The second time was here - again, no response.

Reasonable expectations are an extremely important part of, if not perhaps even the most important aspect of, any endeavor, but equally so is the window of opportunity for its implementation.

Fear of making a mistake can paralyze projects, leading to over cautiousness and missed opportunities, while unconscious brazenness can lead to almost certain short term disaster. It's a balancing act that normally plays out over a considerable amount of time, and even then it's tough to get right. Accelerate things by a factor of 10, and we might begin to just begin to get an idea as to how much more difficult that balancing act will be within the present context.

I think I understand both sides of this highly charged issue. An algo change is not an overnight venture (unless it is stop-gap, cut and paste, and, as we know, that Digibyte is not), but the urgency felt by many is also well worth noting – the rate at which cryptocurrencies are evolving is increasing exponentially and I too share the worry that it will come too late. There's nothing like a great idea ahead of its time that gets beaten out by someone else who is quicker to bring it to market. Nothing like a good product that's too late! I mentioned earlier how an average of only 10.66 blocks were being found per hour over the last 24 hours, and 19.25 per hour over the last 5 days, and I'm not exactly sure what that is due to, but if it has anything to do with a dwindling of the widely distributed user base and an increase in ASIC mining, that would not be a good sign for time being on DGB's side (either way, there's obviously something wrong with that output for a 60 second coin, and very disconcerting considering that mining is the foundation that everything else rests on at this time . . . perhaps it's another completely unrelated issue to further complicate things . . .).

In any event, along with 'getting it right', I think we can probably also all agree that time is of the essence and there's no time to waste! We've got a supersonic balancing act on our hands and all eyes are on the Dev team. If English bookmakers were to place bets on this, I'd bet that the bet would be: “can they do it in time?” (Just to add a bit of "big game" pressure to the mix while we're at it.  Wink )

I want to wish the Dev team the best of luck with this very stressful 24/7 project you have on your hands, and to also thank you for keeping us up-to-date and in-the-loop. Rest assured that you can count on my/our help with testing and whatever else I/we might be able to do. Here's to getting a great job done in time!

The third was last night - quoted here within your response, and as you an see, there was no mention of anything other that DBG blockchain data in any of my posts.

As of 2014-06-02 21:03:42

Last 24 hours: only 410 blocks found of a supposed 1440 theoretical programed 60 second blocks.

Previous 24 hours: only 280 blocks found

Previous 24 hours: only 166 blocks found

What would be the explanation for this?

In order to be competitive with ASIS resistant coins (and the few still competitive scrypt coins), on a relative profitability basis, actually mining the coin, DGB would have to be valued at around 120 satoshi, and that, of course, is based on a 60 second block find basic assumption. With blocks being found at only around 1/4 of the rate of what should be the case . . . well, I'll let you all do the math. Blockchain Explorer: http://explorer.cryptopoolmining.com/chain/DigiByte

Something is very wrong with this picture.

This information is coming from 1 mining pool. Not the entire DigiByte network.

HR. Thank you for posting this. Did not catch most of these posts. We have been really really busy with 10 different things.. Both of us are analyzing the issue right now. It appears DigiBytes own popularity is  now causing some new issues with multipools.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:44:11 PM

The market cap at this point doesn't matter. Why would it? Please explain.

Confirm times right now does not matter, if there is a problem it's nothing that can't be fixed. It's not some kind of a fundamental problem you're making it out to be.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 10:46:08 PM

The market cap at this point doesn't matter. Why would it? Please explain.

Confirm times right now does not matter, if there is a problem it's nothing that can't be fixed. It's not some kind of a fundamental problem you're making it out to be.
We absolutely agree, everything can be fixed. Block times right now are the result of a massive influx of multi-pool hash that left to almost nothing. We were hit by almost every multi-pool all at once. This would kill off most other coins before DigiShield as it could take weeks to find the next block.

piyany

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:48:53 PM

We absolutely agree, everything can be fixed. Block times right now are the result of a massive influx of multi-pool hash that left to almost nothing. We were hit by almost every multi-pool all at once. This would kill off most other coins before DigiShield as it could take weeks to find the next block.

Can you check if the amount of coins generated over the months equals roughly what is expected with the algorithm and 60 seconds confirmation time?
It looks much lesser than it should be.
haggis

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:49:38 PM

I'm glad DGB has DigiShield. Otherwise one block would take a couple of days after such hashing spike.

With growing popularity more hashing power is coming automatically. However, hashing power alone is no indicator for safety. More important is the delta of hashrate of best mining hardware and average distributed hardware. So ASIC coins are more centralized and therefore I like CPU/GPU only coins more in terms of safety and fairness.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:52:50 PM

Another post based on hard data. The issue began after Feb. 22. and has PROGRESSIVELY gotten worse.

Since you haven't had time to read all these posts, I thought I'd repost this since it is quite important.

And you might want to go back and read the last few pages.  Wink

Check the data for the whole network. Not just one mining pool.

This is whole network data.

current block: 132,795

DGB released days 142 * 1440(24*60) = 204480

I haven't checked the data myself but you have to factor in the multipools attacks from a while ago. They caused a lot of blocks to be mined very slowly and would've totally thrown the total coins minted out of balance. Also, remember that the minting of coins isn't actually balanced by the system, only the difficulty factor.

You need to check the data yourself. If you look at the blockchain, you'll see that the issue began with the implementation of DigiShield, and has nothing to do with the multipool attacks. Block discovery was perfectly in line with DGB coding until Feb. 22, 2014. Take a look at the blockchain up to that date and divide by the number of days that DGB had been in existence. http://explorer.cryptopoolmining.com/chain/DigiByte

The issue began back then and has progressively gotten worse.

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 11:06:14 PM

HR, thank you once again for pointing things out.

We have definitely been hit very, very hard by multi-pools. You can't expect that not to happen when the price doubles over night. We are checking into more things as well. The network is still there and working but blocks are a bit sluggish. Once again we are doing everything we can to make DigiByte the best it can be!

Pages: « 1 ... 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 [471] 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: