Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:03:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 [472] 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058427 times)
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 11:10:05 PM

If Bitcoin had just experienced the same dramatic increase in hash rate all at once it could take a month to find the next block. DigiShield is working!

CryptoLTD

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:19:47 PM

So many people don't understand this, it blows my mind. Gpus can only go so far, even with x11/qrk and the like.

Think of GPUs as though they are people. That's your user base. The argument behind ASIC resistant is not to fight efficiency, rather it is to support a widely distributed user base. Everyone has a computer (well, not everyone, but you get the idea) and they are multitasking (that's why "everyone" has one). ASICs are specialized, and, by definition, your average man on the street will never have one (they can't do other practical things that the average man wants), and that means that you say goodbye to universal adoption, as in KYSGB.

Efficiency is good, but not at the cost of your widely distributed user base, that is if you want to survive.

Why do you think so much emphasis is being given to CPU mining by those energy efficient algos out there? Would it be that they're looking to be even more inclusive still?

And the anonymity bit, I mean, get off it. That will never fly long term. What regulator is going to allow that? And why wouldn't you want your name stamped on your money anyway? It's mine, and I want it to say so - especially if it's robbed so I can get it back (but that's another issue, for another day - we've got to take baby steps, one at a time  Wink ).

AHH AHH AHH in the 1900's Oil lamp users had a HUGE user base...20 yrs later, not many ppl used em. In 1900 flying from point A to point B was impossible.. now you cant look up w/o seeing an airplane almost. 15 Years ago, talking on a phone in your car was a pipe dream.. now we have them in our pockets. Do not discount technology ever. This IS business, not some get rich quick scheeme.
haggis

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:21:56 PM

So many people don't understand this, it blows my mind. Gpus can only go so far, even with x11/qrk and the like.

Think of GPUs as though they are people. That's your user base. The argument behind ASIC resistant is not to fight efficiency, rather it is to support a widely distributed user base. Everyone has a computer (well, not everyone, but you get the idea) and they are multitasking (that's why "everyone" has one). ASICs are specialized, and, by definition, your average man on the street will never have one (they can't do other practical things that the average man wants), and that means that you say goodbye to universal adoption, as in KYSGB.

Efficiency is good, but not at the cost of your widely distributed user base, that is if you want to survive.

Why do you think so much emphasis is being given to CPU mining by those energy efficient algos out there? Would it be that they're looking to be even more inclusive still?

And the anonymity bit, I mean, get off it. That will never fly long term. What regulator is going to allow that? And why wouldn't you want your name stamped on your money anyway? It's mine, and I want it to say so - especially if it's robbed so I can get it back (but that's another issue, for another day - we've got to take baby steps, one at a time  Wink ).

AHH AHH AHH in the 1900's Oil lamp users had a HUGE user base...20 yrs later, not many ppl used em. In 1900 flying from point A to point B was impossible.. now you cant look up w/o seeing an airplane almost. 15 Years ago, talking on a phone in your car was a pipe dream.. now we have them in our pockets. Do not discount technology ever. This IS business, not some get rich quick scheeme.
How the hell are oil lamps and planes related to cryptocoin hashing? You compare apples and oranges, seriously.  Roll Eyes
appbox

Activity: 421
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:23:40 PM

everything can be fixed

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:28:43 PM

How the hell are oil lamps and planes related to cryptocoin hashing? You compare apples and oranges, seriously.  Roll Eyes

Easily.. technological improvements. DGB has practically HANDED coins in ABUNDANCE to gpu miners for 5+ months, that is what I call 'SUPPORTING THE USER BASE', times change, technology improves, and the WISE miner will have ALL technologies to mine, the get rich quick , tin foil hat people will sit and wait and wait and hope and hope..meanwhile the DEV is out there, in the real world trying to make things happen for the benifit of all interested for tomorrow. In many cases scrypt asics are cheaper to buy than GPU's if you look @ it in a MH pr/dollar  or even MH pr/kwh basis.
The_Cashier

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:33:10 PM

Better rewards
Coins deposited directly in your wallet
DDoS resistant
Up 24h/24h
No registration needed, just a DigiByte address as username
If node is down, you don't lose your DigiByte, your work is saved on network.

JOIN US TO MINE
SuperClam

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 11:40:32 PM

Easily.. technological improvements. DGB has practically HANDED coins in ABUNDANCE to gpu miners for 5+ months, that is what I call 'SUPPORTING THE USER BASE', times change, technology improves, and the WISE miner will have ALL technologies to mine, the get rich quick , tin foil hat people will sit and wait and wait and hope and hope..meanwhile the DEV is out there, in the real world trying to make things happen for the benifit of all interested for tomorrow. In many cases scrypt asics are cheaper to buy than GPU's if you look @ it in a MH pr/dollar  or even MH pr/kwh basis.

You, as many people, are making a primary mistake in your understanding of the issue.

More Hash !== More Security.

More Distributed Hash == More Security.

Doesn't matter what the total hash is; the comparison is about Proportion, not magnitude.

The concern with A.S.I.C. resistance is about keeping a network distributed.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
portdavenport

Activity: 166

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:48:19 PM

Scrypt ASICs may be available at less than the cost of many GPUs these days, but as an equipment investment, the option to sell off Scrypt ASICs is limited due to the market for them being extremely niched.

ASICs as far as price and availability goes is a hit and miss from my observation over time - resulting in considerable risk. If you get one at the right time, maybe your successful...

I'm glad I invested in GPUs honestly. I've been able to learn about cryptos. I've avoided over-capitalizing, I've made a little money, and I still have the option of selling the GPUs on to the gamers market.

As an OEM builder with previous corporate connections to AMD, I never overclocked GPUs for faster hash rates. Instead I focused on drivers, code and parameter optimization while running hardware at 80% load to make the difference in performance. Operating expense cost for the hashing has been offset by using Solar.

I lot of people have been screwed waiting for ASICs!
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 02:33:56 AM

DGB is often top coi nto mine lately. still raising!

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 02:53:58 AM

Amen. We realize the relationships we are cementing right now and connections being made in this deal are going to benifit DigiByte long term and the entire Crypto world. But more importantly help advance dectralized banking in order to put it in the hands of the masses and change the world for the better.

iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:47:32 AM

You are confusing user base with miner base I think. Not all users are interesting in mining, nor would a non technical person be able to mine with a CPU/gpu. ASICs on the other hand can be largely plug and play.

And I disagree on the efficiency point. I think it's very important for the longevity of Digibyte. There was the beginnings of a big backlash against bitcoin just before ASICs came to market due to the massive power usage & while their network still uses a huge amount of power it's certainly not as much as it would be with gpus. And CPU mining is just asking for a botnet attack if the coins value ever takes off enough for a hacker to think it worthwhile. 
Power efficiency encourages network growth, whereas the high electricity bill for gpus actually discourages it because miners need a much larger margin to make it worth their while. That margin is basically just waste (or extra money for fossil fuel burning power plants. Not very Eco friendly and not a good look IMO)

Also, pointing things out is good and very helpful. You did a good service there.  Trolling hard for pages at a time (even to the point where you said you're done and goodbye - then back a few posts later mind) is not a positive thing. If you really are part of this community please respectfully tone it down a bit. Thx.
bit_NINj4

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Money can't buy happiness but it can buy assassins

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 05:34:24 AM

Price increasing significantly. I wonder if there are people in the know already or the price jump is based purely on speculation.

It is not a speculation... DGB is showing the quality in an organic way... I think the new bottom is coming soon around 75 Satoshi. Then 100, then 150....... 1k Huh

This is completely false.

After reading Jared's announcement I decided to get back into DGB. I logged into Cryptsy at ~1am EST and decided I would take advantage of the low value of ~39.
I put in buy orders of between 35-37, forced the price down and bought 7,000,000 DBG.
While I waited, I noticed multiple sells to me for 7724 units within seconds of each other. This went on for hours.
Meanwhile on MintPal, the price was increasing dramatically from similar multiple small buy/sells. MintPal did not have the depth that Cryptsy does, mostly due to the BTC I threw at DGB.
This literally went on for hours while I purchased millions of coins.
This was obviously the work of bots and just who would throw thousands of dollars at me to buy cheap coins only to resell them hours later at a 70% profit?

This is anything but "organic".

[edit] Whomever it was, thank you!

1NiNj4aAHokvr95rYKX4Jew8vZUPV5kmEy
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:20:45 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2014, 07:55:35 AM by HR

everything can be fixed

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Especially when the starting point is cut and paste, misleading, diversionary replies like this:

HR, thank you once again for pointing things out.

We have definitely been hit very, very hard by multi-pools. You can't expect that not to happen when the price doubles over night. We are checking into more things as well. The network is still there and working but blocks are a bit sluggish. Once again we are doing everything we can to make DigiByte the best it can be!

To extremely specific and concise technical issues like this:

Another post based on hard data. The issue began after Feb. 22. and has PROGRESSIVELY gotten worse.

Since you haven't had time to read all these posts, I thought I'd repost this since it is quite important.

And you might want to go back and read the last few pages.  Wink

Check the data for the whole network. Not just one mining pool.

This is whole network data.

current block: 132,795

DGB released days 142 * 1440(24*60) = 204480

I haven't checked the data myself but you have to factor in the multipools attacks from a while ago. They caused a lot of blocks to be mined very slowly and would've totally thrown the total coins minted out of balance. Also, remember that the minting of coins isn't actually balanced by the system, only the difficulty factor.

You need to check the data yourself. If you look at the blockchain, you'll see that the issue began with the implementation of DigiShield, and has nothing to do with the multipool attacks. Block discovery was perfectly in line with DGB coding until Feb. 22, 2014. Take a look at the blockchain up to that date and divide by the number of days that DGB had been in existence. http://explorer.cryptopoolmining.com/chain/DigiByte

The issue began back then and has progressively gotten worse.

I repeat: The issue began after Feb. 22. and has PROGRESSIVELY gotten worse.

• How would the issue progressively get worse if the number of multipools in existence is same as back then but with less than 50% the hashrate they had back then?
  • Why wouldn't you look at a DigiShield-ASIC incompatibility thesis since the only thing that has also grown progressively since that date is the use of ASIC?
  • To sum things up, why wouldn't you get serious with really troubleshooting the issue?
  • And why were you not aware of the issue before now? (Why wasn't anyone aware of the issue?)
  • Isn't this your coin that you intimately know? Don't you take responsibility for it?

Do I need to open a support ticket at Craptsy?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

We've also been talking a bit about this on the "Whattomine - profitability website with basic api" thread (. . . if you're looking for troubleshooting and controlled testing ideas . . . my time is limited to being a contributor, not a Dev, and not even a full time hobbyist - anyone doing testing/troubleshooting, please post your hard data and initial assumptions).
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=567730.msg7106535#msg7106535

SSG69

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:13:45 AM

While I waited, I noticed multiple sells to me for 7724 units within seconds of each other. This went on for hours.

Sounds like an autosell option enabled and fed by a mining pool withdrawal.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 09:03:58 AM

everything can be fixed

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Especially when the starting point is cut and paste, misleading, diversionary replies like this:

HR, thank you once again for pointing things out.

We have definitely been hit very, very hard by multi-pools. You can't expect that not to happen when the price doubles over night. We are checking into more things as well. The network is still there and working but blocks are a bit sluggish. Once again we are doing everything we can to make DigiByte the best it can be!

To extremely specific and concise technical issues like this:

Another post based on hard data. The issue began after Feb. 22. and has PROGRESSIVELY gotten worse.

Since you haven't had time to read all these posts, I thought I'd repost this since it is quite important.

And you might want to go back and read the last few pages.  Wink

Check the data for the whole network. Not just one mining pool.

This is whole network data.

current block: 132,795

DGB released days 142 * 1440(24*60) = 204480

I haven't checked the data myself but you have to factor in the multipools attacks from a while ago. They caused a lot of blocks to be mined very slowly and would've totally thrown the total coins minted out of balance. Also, remember that the minting of coins isn't actually balanced by the system, only the difficulty factor.

You need to check the data yourself. If you look at the blockchain, you'll see that the issue began with the implementation of DigiShield, and has nothing to do with the multipool attacks. Block discovery was perfectly in line with DGB coding until Feb. 22, 2014. Take a look at the blockchain up to that date and divide by the number of days that DGB had been in existence. http://explorer.cryptopoolmining.com/chain/DigiByte

The issue began back then and has progressively gotten worse.

I repeat: The issue began after Feb. 22. and has PROGRESSIVELY gotten worse.

• How would the issue progressively get worse if the number of multipools in existence is same as back then but with less than 50% the hashrate they had back then?
  • Why wouldn't you look at a DigiShield-ASIC incompatibility thesis since the only thing that has also grown progressively since that date is the use of ASIC?
  • To sum things up, why wouldn't you get serious with really troubleshooting the issue?
  • And why were you not aware of the issue before now? (Why wasn't anyone aware of the issue?)
  • Isn't this your coin that you intimately know? Don't you take responsibility for it?

Do I need to open a support ticket at Craptsy?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

We've also been talking a bit about this on the "Whattomine - profitability website with basic api" thread (. . . if you're looking for troubleshooting and controlled testing ideas . . . my time is limited to being a contributor, not a Dev, and not even a full time hobbyist - anyone doing testing/troubleshooting, please post your hard data and initial assumptions).
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=567730.msg7106535#msg7106535

Would you like to help us improve DigiByte? Or are you going to continue your negative trolling campaign indefinetly?

It is quite entertaining. Do you have any solutions to offer for any of the problems facing Cryptocurrency right now? Are you ready to help improve things for everyone or are you in this for yourself?

If you are not happy with DigiByte or you have nothing to contribute in a positive manner or anything better to do with your time... Move on. Go attack another coin and spread fud there.

The question is which coin you are coming from... Or which exchange?... with your newbie account? It is flattering to be drawing this attention... Lol

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 09:14:15 AM

By the way.. Anyone who is reading this. Look up the "HR" account post history and you will quickly find which coin Dev it belongs to. It is sad they don't have better things to do with their time. Like actual development work. Now we are getting back to work.

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:17:07 AM

It is quite entertaining. Do you have any solutions to offer for any of the problems facing Cryptocurrency right now? Are you ready to help improve things for everyone or are you in this for yourself?

If you are not happy with DigiByte or you have nothing to contribute in a positive manner or anything better to do with your time... Move on. Go attack another coin and spread fud there.

The clear identification of a very serious issue is not a positive contribution?

You would prefer that the issue be ignored? Would that be positive to you?

(Along with all the questions regarding why it has been ignored and why you still want it to be ignored?)

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:19:15 AM

By the way.. Anyone who is reading this. Look up the "HR" account post history and you will quickly find which coin Dev it belongs to. It is sad they don't have better things to do with their time. Like actual development work. Now we are getting back to work.

That's sad.

iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:26:01 AM

That's sad I'm a dev and troll other coins threads

FIFY
illodin

Activity: 966

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:29:34 AM

The clear identification of a very serious issue is not a positive contribution?

You would prefer that the issue be ignored? Would that be positive to you?
(Along with all the questions regarding why it has been ignored and why you still want it to be ignored?)

If you haven't noticed, they are being very busy with other things right now, things that could help us all 1000x more than fixing a block time issue.

If there is an issue, it will be found, and it will be fixed, don't worry about it, it's just a small technical matter.

I understand that as a miner the block time is the most important thing to you, but for the rest 99.99%, it is not.

(Removed the large font bolding because shouting doesn't make the content any stronger.)
Pages: « 1 ... 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 [472] 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: