Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:17:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 [1176] 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055611 times)
baby222

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 08:24:50 PM

made a good bit on that last pump.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
plumptoiletduck

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 09:30:51 PM

nice improvements
the only reason i didnt add DGB to my crypto portfolio until yet
is the missing hybrid POW/POS and a constant POS income

maybe u consider this

and i will add DGB side by side with DMD to my portfolio

Definitely have to agree with that.  The addition of POS would be a dramatic enhancement of DGB's appeal.

AFAIK there is no altcoin in existence which is multi-algo POW / POS hybrid.  If DGB went down this route it would be a first.  Shocked

Will the dev-team consider Cryptonit's suggestion??  Huh Roll Eyes

It was already discussed, this issue is a non-starter, multi algorithm pow is more secure. There is no benefit to Digibyte changing to pos other than a short term pump.
StinkFlipper

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 10:36:52 PM

nice improvements

maybe u consider this

Definitely have to agree with that.  The addition of POS would be a dramatic enhancement of DGB's appeal.

AFAIK there is no altcoin in existence which is multi-algo POW / POS hybrid.  If DGB went down this route it would be a first.  Shocked

It was already discussed, this issue is a non-starter, multi algorithm pow is more secure. There is no benefit to Digibyte changing to pos other than a short term pump.
It was already discussed, this issue is a non-starter, multi algorithm pow is more secure. There is no technical benefit to Digibyte changing to pos other than a short term pump. (FTFY)

There is however a very big marketing benefit for a coin that consumes less of the planets coal powered electricity. Green credentials are a consideration when looking to achieve mass adoption IMHO.
hammo

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 12:19:13 AM

https://www.digibytemarket.com has a LOT more product, than a few days ago, check it out!
Many more to come!

The market is looking great!  I'd take away the decimals for the DGB though as it makes the numbers look bigger than they are.
EPLDCC

Activity: 245

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 12:25:24 AM

nice improvements

maybe u consider this

It was already discussed, this issue is a non-starter, multi algorithm pow is more secure. There is no technical benefit to Digibyte changing to pos other than a short term pump. (FTFY)

There is however a very big marketing benefit for a coin that consumes less of the planets coal powered electricity. Green credentials are a consideration when looking to achieve mass adoption IMHO.

Never say never.  Right?  

We've had several community conversations about POS.  I believe that the one we're referring to here happened back in February of 2015.  

At that time, I posted a response that outlined my objections to POS.  You can read it here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.msg10583087#msg10583087

I still have the same opinion today.   I would point out that I didn't entirely rule out the option of a POS system with DGB.  I simply suggested that we need to think about the impacts from an economic perspective rather than from a technical one.

When I founded the DigiByte Group, I made a promise that I would never attempt to use my work with the Digibyte Group to attempt to influence development decisions.  As a result, when I share my opinions here, I feel the need to qualify them by saying that I believe Jared always works toward thoughtful, considered, and professional development that benefits DigiByte.  I also know that he has in the past, and continues today, to evaluate all the options, including POS, and if he believed that implementing some form of POS were in the best interest of DGB, then I would fully support the decision.

I will address the environmental question in a separate post.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 01:15:47 AM

So we hit 50s, the downward spiral continues even with the recent updates. This is what I meant in previous posts, it seems that the market is completely unaware of news and updates. The only thing real is speculation.
rayaodi

Activity: 275

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 01:24:41 AM

★★ Introducing DigiByte 极特币 v4.0.0 DigiSpeed★★

DigiByte Core v4.0.0 Wallets & Source

Hard Fork @ Block 1430,000  

Release Notes:
* Changes occur @ block 143,000
* 15 Second Blocks
* Scalability to match Visa TPS by 2021 & continued scaling through 2035 (See scalability projections here)
* Minimum TX & Relay Fee set to 1 DGB to prevent attacks
* MultiAlgo Difficulty adjustment code changed to make 51% attack much, much harder (See commit explanation)
* Transaction propagation changes based upon Microsoft research
* Reward adjusted to accommodate faster blocks, still stays the same (21 billion DGB in 21 years)
* OP_RETURN data increased to 80 bytes to allow embedding more data (like document hashes)
* Safe mode warning error fixed
* Check point added
* Private key compatibility issue fixed ( addresses from the DGB paper wallet address generator now work properly)

After much testing we are ready to get 4.0.0 into the wild! Please help spread the word and help get all mining pools & exchanges to update. As soon as an exchange or pool has updated please notify us and we will update our main list!

nice    work
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2015, 02:05:52 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2015, 02:16:10 AM by yoyoamigo

Looks like both Poloniex and Bittrex exchanges are on the way to update their DigiByte Wallets.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Digibyte/comments/3u7hva/introducing_digibyte_%E6%9E%81%E7%89%B9%E5%B8%81_v400_digispeed_digibyte/

and that person has the same name as me! well...half of it.  Grin

◈◈◈ Trading Tip ◈◈◈
Never leave your coins on any exchange if you are not trading but HODL-ing (holding) them for a long time.
Download the coin's wallet and store them safely with password encryption.
Lastly, don't be lazy. Do it.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

EPLDCC

Activity: 245

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 02:15:46 AM

nice improvements

maybe u consider this

In my life outside of DGB, I work on environmental issues, questions, and problems.  I am deeply engaged and aware of the problems caused by anthropocentric impacts on the non-human ecosystems.  I have a really long reply to the question about if POS is more environmentally friendly than POW.  I'll finish typing it up in the next couple of days and post it somewhere (although not here because it's too long and detailed).

The short version is that yes, POS uses less electricity than POW.  However, making the argument that because it uses less electricity it is necessarily more environmentally friendly is not always true.  That claim requires making assumptions that ignore inputs, outputs, and how the use impacts the larger system it is a part of.

I advocate ASICs partly precisely because they are so much more power efficient and environmentally friendly.  I use my mining equipment to heat my house.  it's not a very big house so I haven't had to turn on my furnace since 2013.  But even if it were bigger, heating just a part of the house would offset the power and fuel for heating.  I don't mine in the summer (I only mine when I need to heat the house).  My mining equipment uses about the exact same electricity as the furnace.  So, there is no additional environmental impact - the electricity used for the mining equipment is roughly the same as the electricty used for the furnance; in fact, there is net environmental benefit because I'm not burning natural gas (my furnace burns natural gas for the heat but the compressor uses electricity to push the air).  Because of restrictions in the community where I live, I cannot install solar or wind-powered home electricity.  However, a substantial portion of my electricity comes from a commercial wind-farm. I know that Jumbley used a home wind turbine to power some of his mining equipment for a while.  I'm working on a solution that allows me to mine all year ... and I hope to have it done by the coming summer.

It's a really interesting question ... and I agree 100% that DigiByte should work toward advocating for positive environmental impacts of our network.
StinkFlipper

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2015, 02:45:58 AM

In my life outside of DGB, I work on environmental issues, questions, and problems.  I am deeply engaged and aware of the problems caused by anthropocentric impacts on the non-human ecosystems.  I have a really long reply to the question about if POS is more environmentally friendly than POW.  I'll finish typing it up in the next couple of days and post it somewhere (although not here because it's too long and detailed).

The short version is that yes, POS uses less electricity than POW.  However, making the argument that because it uses less electricity it is necessarily more environmentally friendly is not always true.  That claim requires making assumptions that ignore inputs, outputs, and how the use impacts the larger system it is a part of.

I advocate ASICs partly precisely because they are so much more power efficient and environmentally friendly.  I use my mining equipment to heat my house.  it's not a very big house so I haven't had to turn on my furnace since 2013.  But even if it were bigger, heating just a part of the house would offset the power and fuel for heating.  I don't mine in the summer (I only mine when I need to heat the house).  My mining equipment uses about the exact same electricity as the furnace.  So, there is no additional environmental impact - the electricity used for the mining equipment is roughly the same as the electricty used for the furnance; in fact, there is net environmental benefit because I'm not burning natural gas (my furnace burns natural gas for the heat but the compressor uses electricity to push the air).  Because of restrictions in the community where I live, I cannot install solar or wind-powered home electricity.  However, a substantial portion of my electricity comes from a commercial wind-farm. I know that Jumbley used a home wind turbine to power some of his mining equipment for a while.  I'm working on a solution that allows me to mine all year ... and I hope to have it done by the coming summer.

It's a really interesting question ... and I agree 100% that DigiByte should work toward advocating for positive environmental impacts of our network.

Marketing hype and the sheeples perception of something != the truth necessarily, no matter how compelling any evidence to the contrary. Why else would people buy Apple products or drive hybrid vehicles  Wink
We can spin it all we like but DigiByte will benefit from being 'seen to be green' when it comes to choosing one alt over another.

usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 03:45:59 AM

nice improvements

maybe u consider this

Yes agree - I have supported POS for DGB from a while back.

--

--
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 04:04:24 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2015, 06:12:15 AM by usukan

nice improvements

maybe u consider this

I know what you are talking about - heating your home.  It works and I have not used aircon in winter. Basically coin for free or heating for free - however you prefer to think about it. Problem is that in summer (as you say) it just does not work.  You pay the full price for electricity and suffer the heat - and barely manage to mine enough coin to pay for the electricity.

After you have spent the capital on miners though - you really have to keep it working.  Especially with ASIC's its an arm race and if you step out for summer you come back to a different world - diffuculty has risen and the reward has halved or less. I have no solution for this dilemma.

I mine and POS - and rather like POS. I am an environmental scientist - like I imagine you are.  Looking forward to your article - great to get well informed opinions.

--

--
StinkFlipper

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2015, 04:37:16 AM

Never say never.  Right?  

We've had several community conversations about POS.  I believe that the one we're referring to here happened back in February of 2015.  

At that time, I posted a response that outlined my objections to POS.  You can read it here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.msg10583087#msg10583087

I still have the same opinion today.   I would point out that I didn't entirely rule out the option of a POS system with DGB.  I simply suggested that we need to think about the impacts from an economic perspective rather than from a technical one.

When I founded the DigiByte Group, I made a promise that I would never attempt to use my work with the Digibyte Group to attempt to influence development decisions.  As a result, when I share my opinions here, I feel the need to qualify them by saying that I believe Jared always works toward thoughtful, considered, and professional development that benefits DigiByte.  I also know that he has in the past, and continues today, to evaluate all the options, including POS, and if he believed that implementing some form of POS were in the best interest of DGB, then I would fully support the decision.

I will address the environmental question in a separate post.

Your argument in the linked post is well reasoned and has caused me to modify my response a little.
I would have previously championed POS as per Diamond (DMD)'s implementation however that coin is designed to be held – not spent - and consequently is hampered by the reasons you put forward. To be fair they have been proactive with mitigation strategies but these are outside of the coin mechanics.

DigiByte with DigiSpeed is all about transactions – and transactions need blocks. They are going to need them every 15 seconds soon!
At the moment blocks can only be mined (OK securely by 5 different algos) and that is increasingly more expensive electricity-wise as difficulty increases. As mining becomes more expensive it also typically becomes more centralized Sad

Block generation – not block reward,that is a different topic - by POS based on wallet balance and coin age with wallet (node) uptime (i.e. reset coin age when wallet closed) will provide blocks with substantially less carbon footprint and reward node uptime providers that are contributing to the network stability, coin investment and spreading (de-centralizing) block generation. Reward value can be small 1 – 2 % per annum. Its all about the blocks.

Add quark as an algo, give each algo 10 % of the network and 'uptime-only' POS the remaining 40% and you have a near perfect coin. But then – I'm just a newbie LOL so I'll shutup now Smiley
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 07:13:22 AM

★★ Introducing DigiByte 极特币 v4.0.0 DigiSpeed★★

DigiByte Core v4.0.0 Wallets & Source

Hard Fork @ Block 1430,000  

Release Notes:
* Changes occur @ block 143,000
* 15 Second Blocks
* Scalability to match Visa TPS by 2021 & continued scaling through 2035 (See scalability projections here)
* Minimum TX & Relay Fee set to 1 DGB to prevent attacks
* MultiAlgo Difficulty adjustment code changed to make 51% attack much, much harder (See commit explanation)
* Reward adjusted to accommodate faster blocks, still stays the same (21 billion DGB in 21 years)
* OP_RETURN data increased to 80 bytes to allow embedding more data (like document hashes)
* Safe mode warning error fixed
* Check point added
* Private key compatibility issue fixed ( addresses from the DGB paper wallet address generator now work properly)

After much testing we are ready to get 4.0.0 into the wild! Please help spread the word and help get all mining pools & exchanges to update. As soon as an exchange or pool has updated please notify us and we will update our main list!

nice    work

Can the development team elaborate more on this point?

To confirm after the change it will be 240 blocks per hour, 5760 block a day and +- 2.1 million blocks a year. Digibyte will need to run off wallets like multibit that does not require the blockchain to be downloaded.
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 07:16:13 AM

Nice work dev and the market is looking very good.
Gunther
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 07:56:12 AM

What are you talking about buttwipe, it just dumped to 50 sats.
Sharkzz1

Activity: 880
Merit: 251

Think differently

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 08:03:22 AM

I think it was sarcastic lol
Gunther
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 08:05:21 AM

I think it was sarcastic lol

Okay, I didn't say anything in that case. But yeah, market is looking really good. Can't wait to buy at 20 satoshi's again.
24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2015, 09:26:46 AM

Turkey Day - Triple League Payout Day! Get Paid to Play LoL

Payouts (in DigiBytes)

Per Game Win: 27 DGB
Per Champion Kill: 3.3 DGB
Per Turret Kill: 4.39 DGB
Per Assist: 3.3 DGB
Per Minion Kill: 0.11 DGB
Last Payout Time: November 26, 2015 6:03am
Payouts occur every 4 hours

www.Digibytegaming.com

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2015, 09:57:08 AM

Thanks to all exchanges and pools so far for updating!

Please let us know if you are mining on a pool thats not listed below.

Exchanges running Digibyte-Digispeed 4.0.0

-www.litepaid.com
-www.litebit.eu
-www.Bitrex.com
-www.Poloniex.com
www.shapeshift.io

Pools running Digibyte-Digispeed 4.0.0

-http://www.digihash.co/
-https://dgbq.suprnova.cc - Qubit & Groestl
-http://infernopool.com/
-http://www.miners-pool.eu/  - Qubit, Groestl and Skein
-http://ispace.co.uk/

-This list will get quoted and updated.

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
Pages: « 1 ... 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 [1176] 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: