Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:37:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055611 times)
cointradero

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:19:36 AM

Here is a promotional slogan image I created for billboards and magazines. I am simply an artist and no marketing guru, so if you guys had any other suggestions for a slogan please let me know. I created the image so that it would grab peoples attention with the large white space, and would be informative to someone even if they had no previous knowledge of what a crypto-currency was. So, yeah let me know what you guys think.

This looks great!

How about

"You store data in megabytes & gigabytes, why not send money in DigiBytes?"

Anyone else have any good slogans?

There's no symmetry in that slogan, thus it doesn't stick.  It's like saying "You eat chicken wings and chicken legs, why not choke your chicken?"  Sure they all have chicken in common, but you don't necessarily make the connection otherwise.  Considering the goals you've stated for this coin, you're better off changing the first "store" to "send" so it makes sense.  You could change "send" to "store" in the 2nd half, but it doesn't really hold well with the philosophy of this coin since it isn't a hoarder like 42.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TwistedXT

Activity: 225

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:21:35 AM

CoinedUp and Cryptsy voted.

Bter Email sent  Smiley

No bounty necessary, just keep up the good work  Wink
mintzone

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:23:22 AM

There are no problems if the images were legally bought!  Grin
What would be the point of all these stock photo sites if that weren't true?

DGB is my and the future's coin of choice! Don't cry if you don't invest Wink
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 12:26:38 AM

There are no problems if the images were legally bought!  Grin
What would be the point of all these stock photo sites if that weren't true?
We completely agree. We are also looking into contacting the original artist and seeing if they would be willing to develop an updated DigiMan that is completely unique and not sold on stock photo sites. We would of course pay them in DigiBytes.

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 12:28:48 AM

Here is a promotional slogan image I created for billboards and magazines. I am simply an artist and no marketing guru, so if you guys had any other suggestions for a slogan please let me know. I created the image so that it would grab peoples attention with the large white space, and would be informative to someone even if they had no previous knowledge of what a crypto-currency was. So, yeah let me know what you guys think.

This looks great!

How about

There's no symmetry in that slogan, thus it doesn't stick.  It's like saying "You eat chicken wings and chicken legs, why not choke your chicken?"  Sure they all have chicken in common, but you don't necessarily make the connection otherwise.  Considering the goals you've stated for this coin, you're better off changing the first "store" to "send" so it makes sense.  You could change "send" to "store" in the 2nd half, but it doesn't really hold well with the philosophy of this coin since it isn't a hoarder like 42.

We are very open to any ideas.

So you are saying:

"You send data in megabytes & gigabytes, why not send money in DigiBytes?"
"You send data in megabytes over the internet, why not start sending money in DigiBytes?"

cointradero

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:32:43 AM

This looks great!

How about

So you are saying:

"You send data in megabytes over the internet, why not start sending money in DigiBytes?"

Yes, this:
"You send data in megabytes & gigabytes, why not send money in DigiBytes?"  It's better.  I think we could still do better, but I think that works better than before with symmetry in the action.  I'll think about it more tonight as I think a passive request for use of the coin isn't the best way to assert confidence in it.  It's not bad, but we could refine it a bit more.  

Once again, just a for instance,  "You send data in megabytes & gigabytes, now send money in DigiBytes!"  Is a much more affirmative approach to adoption.  You aren't questioning its use in this form. 
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 12:34:24 AM

This looks great!

How about

So you are saying:

Yes, this:
"You send data in megabytes & gigabytes, why not send money in DigiBytes?"  It's better.  I think we could still do better, but I think that works better than before with symmetry in the action.  I'll think about it more tonight as I think a passive request for use of the coin isn't the best way to assert confidence in it.  It's not bad, but we could refine it a bit more. 
We agree and are thinking ourselves. Any input from the community on this is very much appreciated!

cointradero

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:35:45 AM

This looks great!

How about

So you are saying:

Yes, this:
"You send data in megabytes & gigabytes, why not send money in DigiBytes?"  It's better.  I think we could still do better, but I think that works better than before with symmetry in the action.  I'll think about it more tonight as I think a passive request for use of the coin isn't the best way to assert confidence in it.  It's not bad, but we could refine it a bit more. 
We agree and are thinking ourselves. Any input from the community on this is very much appreciated!

I edited my above post to give a sense of what I mean by being more affirmative in the slogan.
mintzone

Activity: 285

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:36:45 AM

This looks great!

How about

So you are saying:

I personally like "You store data in megabytes & gigabytes. Why not store money in DigiBytes?" quite well.
Cause I mean, why not? You can't use money until you have it, and you gotta store it with something! Why not DigiBytes?

When I think of Megabytes and Gigabytes, the first thing I think of usually isn't the transferal of data, but it's connection with storage mediums. People usually don't say a USB stick can transfer or send 8GB, but they do say it can store it! Just sounds better.

My two digis.

DGB is my and the future's coin of choice! Don't cry if you don't invest Wink
bman3

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:45:02 AM

This looks great!

How about

So you are saying:

I personally like "You store data in megabytes & gigabytes. Why not store money in DigiBytes?" quite well.
Cause I mean, why not? You can't use money until you have it, and you gotta store it with something! Why not DigiBytes?

When I think of Megabytes and Gigabytes, the first thing I think of usually isn't the transferal of data, but it's connection with storage mediums. People usually don't say a USB stick can transfer or send 8GB, but they do say it can store it! Just sounds better.

My two digis.

I do like that sentence too but, storing it gives you the impression the value will be stable and not fluctuate. If I saw that slogan, I would think that my $100 I put into my DigiByte Account will always stay $100. This is not the case. Simply calling it a Digital Currency, in my opinion is enough. It tells you that it is a medium of which you use to pay for services or goods and that it is digital - meaning can be transferred electronically. The issue here, is over complication. But once again, this is just my opinion.
nicksly

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:46:16 AM

this.

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 12:48:24 AM

I do like that sentence too but, storing it gives you the impression the value will be stable and not fluctuate. If I saw that slogan, I would think that my $100 I put into my DigiByte Account will always stay $100. This is not the case. Simply calling it a Digital Currency, in my opinion is enough. It tells you that it is a medium of which you use to pay for services or goods and that it is digital - meaning can be transferred electronically. The issue here, is over complication. But once again, this is just my opinion.

This is a very good point!

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 12:53:18 AM

Linux wallet with QR code support has been released!

Linux Wallet Digibyte.co: http://www.digibyte.co/sites/digibyte.co/files/crypto/DigiByte-Ubuntu-1.0.0.zip
Linux Wallet Mega: https://mega.co.nz/#!pM4yhYhK!WN2QbEmrlT5-IuJqjiSVrQgu_OsZeNQoc0fI0tySuzQ

nicksly

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:06:07 AM

Linux wallet with QR code support has been released!

Linux Wallet Digibyte.co: http://www.digibyte.co/sites/digibyte.co/files/crypto/DigiByte-Ubuntu-1.0.0.zip
Linux Wallet Mega: https://mega.co.nz/#!pM4yhYhK!WN2QbEmrlT5-IuJqjiSVrQgu_OsZeNQoc0fI0tySuzQ

Added to reddit and forum
sammart57

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:15:41 AM

so im wondering what the future holds in store for digi. imo you guys (the digi team) are off to a very good start, you guys seem to have your shit together which is nice to see. personally I think digi has a good future, but im worried about the amount of coins total. 21 billion is an awful lot, and id like to see them at over $1 or $10, but I dont know how realistic that would be. I would consider $.10 a success, but what do you guys think?
if you look at all the other alts with tons of coins, their volume makes them worth less, whereas there are far fewer bitcoins and I think thats an important part of why theyre worth so much.
thoughts?
appbox

Activity: 421

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:25:38 AM

Does anyone know what the best way to contact btc38 is?

We should get on this list!

http://www.btc38.com/altcoin/

I find a weibo:http://www.weibo.com/btc38.

I will contact it. Use offical id?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
cointradero

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:29:52 AM

so im wondering what the future holds in store for digi. imo you guys (the digi team) are off to a very good start, you guys seem to have your shit together which is nice to see. personally I think digi has a good future, but im worried about the amount of coins total. 21 billion is an awful lot, and id like to see them at over $1 or $10, but I dont know how realistic that would be. I would consider $.10 a success, but what do you guys think?
if you look at all the other alts with tons of coins, their volume makes them worth less, whereas there are far fewer bitcoins and I think thats an important part of why theyre worth so much.
thoughts?

The amount of digital currency (at least the non-fractional amount) is only of psychological relevance, as you have proven with your post.  It's an arbitrary thing where one decides to place a decimal when things can be divided into the billionths of a unit.  Bitcoin has 21 million non-fractional coins with another 99,999,999 fractional units.  Or, if you prefer to count it in satoshi, their are 2,100,000,000,000,000 of them in Bitcoin.  

Picking 21 billion means 1 Digi won't ever have as much relative value as 1 Bitcoin, but it doesn't matter.  It's just a unit of record keeping.  It matters how many you have, relatively, and psychologically, most people prefer to hold 1000 of something than 1 of something when it comes to money.  I have no problem with the total amount of coins.

By the way, I think Doge is already in the trillions and it's doing fine.  
9ypsytrader

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:31:12 AM

http://i43.tinypic.com/iyhdgh.jpg
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 01:33:59 AM

thoughts?

Bitcoin went from a $200 million market cap at the beginning of 2013 to over $12 billion by the end of 2013. That's a 60 fold increase in less than 1 year. All signs point to Bitcoin & cryptos making another 10-20 fold increase in 2014 (wall street dumping in billions, large companies like overstock starting to accept crypto currency & cryptos going main stream.)

That puts the crypto market cap at $100- $200 billion by the end of 2014, beginning of 2015. This is still tiny compared to the 60 Trillion in currency traded around the world.

By the end of the first year there will only be 4 billion DigiBytes in circulation. So if cryptos are at a $200 billion market cap don't you think it is very easy for DigiByte to capture 5-10 billion of that as more merchants begin to accept it?

It will take 4 years for about 12 billion DGB to be created (half of all DGB). Then it will take another 20+ years for the rest to be created.

Back in the fall of 12' and Jan of 13' no one believed us when we said Bitcoin would be where it is now. All you have to do is look at the math behind it and do some calculations.

I (BitcoinTate) remember making this post and people said I was crazy back in April: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167611.0

Read this article as well: http://falkvinge.net/2013/03/06/the-target-value-for-bitcoin-is-not-some-50-or-100-it-is-100000-to-1000000/

21 Billion is the perfect number of coins.

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 01:57:02 AM

Does anyone know what the best way to contact btc38 is?

We should get on this list!

http://www.btc38.com/altcoin/

I find a weibo:http://www.weibo.com/btc38.

I will contact it. Use offical id?
What is the Chinese equivalent of Facebook or Twitter?

Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: