Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:35:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 [283] 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058426 times)
mintzone

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:57:06 PM

Yeah man, you're better off editing your own BIOS than taking a risk using one that won't work with your card.  Don't try flashing a different bios unless you are familiar doing all of this because it might screw up your card and then have to take many extra steps to get it working again.

Just follow the cryptobadger post to a T when editing your own BIOS, it's easy as cake.

The thing about Trixx is you have to reapply everything everytime you reboot.  Afterburner doesn't change the voltage on the new cards, at least the last version I tried.  cgminer may or may not in windows, but the values are usually off, it won't control voltage in linux.  sgminer miner though, you might have the best luck with for controlling voltage in the prog.

Ive been following the cryptobadger guide, but when i got to look at my card for the BIOS switch its not a switch so much as a logo button. According to the sapphire page, its has a legacy bios and a UEFI bios, so would i b overwriting one of those?  it looks like this

http://prntscr.com/2subd6

I've never changed a BIOS like this before, some settings on a motherboard on pc load up sure, but not this.  I've got the changed .rom files on my MSDOS usb drive ready, I just didn't want to screw it up.  I've also played around with the settings a bit and still can't get my cards to not go over 80C

http://prntscr.com/2sudkz

R -> L card 1 is usually ok temp wise cards 2 and 3 are obviously too close. and always go over 85C what ever the settings I've used so far.  

As for hash speed best I've seen was around 650 per card, lowering the VDDC via trixx to 1100 didnt' make a difference and the more  i look at cgminer settings the more suggestions i see :S so not sure where i'm going now. A guide i read said it could get annoying and frustrating... no kidding!!

I would preserve the uefi bios and flash over the non uefi one.  Make sure to save the current one before flashing though of course.  Yeah those bottom two cards are going to overheat no matter what voltage you use.  You can turn down the intensity for now.  Try -I 12 or even -I 11 if you need to.  Or you can pull one card out and run two at full intensity and wait for a riser cable for the other card.  For the hashrate, try the settings I mentioned in the other post to get 740s.  remove -v 1 from cgminer and change tc to 11200 and use 1050/1500, etc.

so lowering the intensity might help me if i leave the cards as they are?  I've been thinking about a riser, just need to work out how to actually raise that middle card out of the case. The -v 1 was long gone from cgminer settings, though it didn't make a difference.

Also while reading Shilt's thread on BIOS I saw some stuff on the memory type and that mine has AFR at the end of the memory name rather than MFR ( i don't pretend to know what this means) so I don't have the optomissed BIOS.  Or am  I looking at changing too much?  The BIOS file I found in that thread was a .bin file not a .rom file so I assume I can't stick the .bin file on my MSDOS stick and flash that in.. or can I (note i'm talking about doing more than change the VDDC like cryptobadger did here)

Anyone used sgminer?  I found a couple of threads on Reddit that suggest it can give you an extra 10-20 hash per card

I've used sgminer and got a little bit extra hashrate from cgminer 3.7.2
Why not give it a shot and see if it gives you any extra hashrate? Smiley
By the way, any guides on how to improve your hashrate using cgminer settings should work with sgminer, since it uses almost identical startup parameters as cgminer.

DGB is my and the future's coin of choice! Don't cry if you don't invest Wink
mintzone

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:00:49 AM

diff jump is ridiculous...

I don't think many users would mind if they had to wait a little while for their android clients to become functional again if that's what it means to implement gravity well. Not only that, but it's a great marketing tool! Most coin threads are advertising it in the thread title.

I would really consider throwing in the hard work to make gravity well function.

Readjusting the block time retargeting time should have very close to the same effect as the gravity well.

In my mind the thing that makes the gravity well work against multipools is the fact its retargeting every block. Sure it uses a nice algorithm that I still don't really understand to smooth the transition points but retargeting every block I suspect is having a much more important effect then the transition smoothing which is just a nice bonus.

You can easily enough limit the rate of adjustment so there wouldn't be large diffs jumps between each block. It wouldn't be smoothed out like the gravity well but I can personally live with that.  

The gravity well was implemented in android by a person I've been working with and it does work, but it destroys battery life. Its still unclear if the algorithm can be optimized any and I suspect its something that will not be easily fixed.

Well damn Sad

I still think that having Gravity Well would be good for marketing reasons, if not for diff readjustments. I personally would not mind it if it ate up that much more battery life, but it could kill a persons ability to make in store payments with the android wallet. After all, if you have it running all the time your battery is toast.

Let's hope you and that person you're working with or someone else will figure out how to make the battery usage a bit better. If not, maybe just changing the difficulty readjustment time would suffice.

WutriCoin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:12:19 AM

You want a good marketing? Get DigiByte popular? Give all of the remaining premine to community or invest it in development - ASAP
mintzone

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:17:20 AM

You want a good marketing? Get DigiByte popular? Give all of the remaining premine to community or invest it in development - ASAP

I'm pretty sure they already are investing it into development. They're the developers afterall, they gave out bounties for pools and exchanges and all kinds of developments to begin with. What's the problem with them keeping the DGB? They haven't dumped it.

I'm sure they would have given out even more coins in giveaways if the forum rules hadn't changed. But, they have, and it's hard to get people to jump to other sites to get coins. This is the main area for DGB discussion as of the moment.

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 12:43:48 AM

DGB seems to have good Devs inside.

I need to look at priject closer Smiley
creativecuriosity

Activity: 182

DGB.Get-By.com Admin

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 12:46:00 AM

Everyone, please, relax a bit.

I am kind of confused as to why so many of us seem to be so unsure and worried.

There is no impending doom or catastrophe around the next bend.  Thus, there is no need for a rushed ill-thought-out change.  New coins will come - and go.  Other coins will rise - and fall.  There has been no major change in the status quo and therefore there should be no major change rushed.  Nothing could be changed at all and life would go on much as it has...  Please just take a deep breathe.

If you are worried about the price tomorrow or a week from now - sell your coins.  There is no such thing as a standard halving coin that is a good mid-term investment.  Short-term, the price can go up or down - as we have well seen.  Here is where speculators can make profit.  Long-term, the price should go up, as that is how the static money supply system is designed.  Here is where value investors can make profit.  Mid-term, however, inflation and such are simply facts of the coin's life-cycle.  Very few will make profit during this period.  If you are emotionally uncomfortable holding onto your DGB at fractions of the current market price for years; it is time to cut bait.  Of coarse, you would be waiving your right to take part in the eventual growth phase - but that is a ways off and only after we have weathered the days of inflation and minting.  The point is, no amount of stimulus, advertising, or buzz can change the stage of the coin's life-cycle we are in... the minting and inflation during this period will occur, it is predictable.  Dumping the development funds for a week of price increase is a very short-sighted plan, indeed.  These things must simply run their course.  The only way around this would be to accelerate the process of maturing, and even that has negative consequences in the short-term.

Concerning Difficulty Adjustment:
From my conversations with the development team, I have no doubt that they will implement that which they feel will function the best.  They are certainly well versed in the issues.  That should be comforting to everyone, despite the fact that even this issue is not the end of the world.  This coin is already reasonably designed and I believe could easily weather the influence of the multi-pools with no change what-so-ever.  Kimoto's Gravity Well is essentially nothing more than a 1 block re-target.  Some have attempted to implement this strategy with various additional techniques to smooth out the changes in difficulty.  Frankly, I think a 1 block re-target without these additional smoothing techniques would perform vastly superior to the complicated algorithms that are employed.  More complicated is NOT necessarily more effective.  The less 'smoothing' or alteration of the basic principle, the more quickly the strategy would react to the influence of major hash movement.  This would certainly make it very difficult for pools, such as my own, to estimate the proceeds of mining, however, that is always a crap-shoot as it is anyways.

Just my two digi's on everything.

EDIT:

Something else that bares mentioning.  Some of the multi-pools allow their users to take payment in the currency mined, instead of auto-trading it for BTC/LTC.  For some, this would be their first introduction to DigiByte.  Not a terrible thing in and of itself; and the type of thing that brings potential buyer into the market.  Just a thought to temper the anger with...

Unpropitious

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:59:27 AM

Digibyte seems like a strong competitor in the current cryptowar, with all the new cryptocurrencies being developed, due to the fact that the loyal part of the community is not waiting for instant profit. The people who truly support the currency seem to know that there is no point in believing that the next week the currency will make you a millionaire. With a lot of coins people are talking about "wait for a week and the price will be 10 times higher", with digibyte however it seems those who believe think it will eventually take off, which is much more realistic. That is why I'm investing most of my small hashpower in digibyte. Although due to my small hashpower, I use maybe 1/10 of my time to mine other possible candidates, in case of some instant take off of a coin which has a lot of support.

Digibyte - DJqZ4Ay8WmDptbgFKo8suRnKrKjX4Ezekt
ozzymax

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:10:09 AM

This is a bit of Plagiarism. this was sent to another coin Dev team by a very experienced Programmer/Dev = This was his warning!

When a coin finally makes it to a popular exchange, it then becomes the target of the multipools and groups that have MASSIVE hashing power.  So much power that they can essentially harvest all the coins and leave the "community" with low coin income and super high difficulty.  Many coins already have had to PAY the multipools and groups to STAY AWAY from their coin while it was in the process of growing and in order to give those coin developers the time to update and modify the source code in order to survive the onslaught of these large hashing power groups. The Devs need to be ready, address the code modifications needed, push out updates, get on the phone with multipool owners, and negotiate a settlement deal to make sure the coin survives.
creativecuriosity

DGB.Get-By.com Admin

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 01:20:33 AM

This is a bit of Plagiarism. this was sent to another coin Dev team by a very experienced Programmer/Dev = This was his warning!

When a coin finally makes it to a popular exchange, it then becomes the target of the multipools and groups that have MASSIVE hashing power.  So much power that they can essentially harvest all the coins and leave the "community" with low coin income and super high difficulty.  Many coins already have had to PAY the multipools and groups to STAY AWAY from their coin while it was in the process of growing and in order to give those coin developers the time to update and modify the source code in order to survive the onslaught of these large hashing power groups. The Devs need to be ready, address the code modifications needed, push out updates, get on the phone with multipool owners, and negotiate a settlement deal to make sure the coin survives.

Un-needed sensationalism.  The coins that were "killed" by the influx of multi-pool hash power bear little resemblance to DigiBye. As far as I'm aware, though I am not without flaw, they had long block times and long re-targets.  This essentially left the community with a block chain that was un-mineable at the raised difficulty.  Don't quote me, but I do not see this happening to DigiByte.  Our block times are short and our re-target is reasonable.

ozzymax

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:25:01 AM

Un-needed sensationalism.  The coins that were "killed" by the influx of multi-pool hash power bear little resemblance to DigiBye. As far as I'm aware, though I am not without flaw, they had long block times and long re-targets.  This essentially left the community with a block chain that was un-mineable at the raised difficulty.  Don't quote me, but I do not see this happening to DigiByte.  Our block times are short and our re-target is reasonable.

It's something to bear in mind though, I'm only the messenger not a harbinger of doom, i'm fully behind Digibyte.
creativecuriosity

DGB.Get-By.com Admin

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 01:31:57 AM

It's something to bear in mind though, I'm only the messenger not a harbinger of doom, i'm fully behind Digibyte.

A faster re-target makes sense.  That is agreed.  It seems that to my knowledge this is the intention of the Devs as we speak.  My only counsel would be to not consider this an extreme emergency.  Slow, steady, measured steps win the race Smiley

YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:05:45 AM

I just want to tell you all you have a great Dev team here and a great community and as a trader I am telling you that you are doing
a great job on the way to the Moon. The price MUST drop at some point before it rises. This is natural
and over the next week I am confident you will see rises and more exchanges listing. As well as more
great work from one of the better dev teams I have seen in awhile. From what I read here they are taking
action shortly to resist multi-pools.

Weak hands must be shaken out. A base forms. And then a rise.
mintzone

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:01:29 AM

I just want to tell you all you have a great Dev team here and a great community and as a trader I am telling you that you are doing
a great job on the way to the Moon. The price MUST drop at some point before it rises. This is natural
and over the next week I am confident you will see rises and more exchanges listing. As well as more
great work from one of the better dev teams I have seen in awhile. From what I read here they are taking
action shortly to resist multi-pools.

Weak hands must be shaken out. A base forms. And then a rise.

Well said!

I have faith in all of the DGB Developers.

drexel232

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:25:52 AM

I've secretly been supporting DGB this entire month and didn't even realize it until today! Every btc earned in other pools since Jan 1 Feb 1 (not even sure which month I'm in) has been converted to DGB! Love the idea and I really feel that this coin will deliver on its promise.

On a side note: feel free to pay my electric bill this month Grin I'm holding on to every one of these precious digi's.
bonesoul

Activity: 389

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 05:21:03 AM

tvb

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:22:09 AM

Ok what is going on here, why is the price dropping below 100 satoshi's?
joulesbeef

Activity: 476

moOo

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:56:39 AM

Ok what is going on here

opportunity

mooo for rent
DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:00:43 AM

Ok what is going on here, why is the price dropping below 100 satoshi's?
What's going on? Clearly buy as mutch as you can and get rich later!
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:43:55 AM

If you wanna receive 2000 DGB, just ask @cryptorush for your coins, 1st lucky bastard wins.
Chrisoldinho

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:13:39 AM

someone just bought the entire wall on mintpal up to 198 lol

Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=207526.0

BTC: 1Lx4N52ZWBJ2ieRudrrUGjec6RybBuGhVV
Pages: « 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 [283] 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: