Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:57:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055610 times)
EFFV

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:32:40 PM

Does X11 allow cpu mining as well as gpu?  I just saw that Darkcoin has both. I'm personally a bit against cpu mining as that would allow room for botnet attacks.

The fact that gpus can mine relegates cpu net mining unprofitable at worst.

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EFFV

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:34:49 PM

Excuse me for my noob question,

But if Digibyte uses things like ASIC Resistant, X11 and stuff isnt that gonna affect transaction speed?
And isnt it more insteresting for merchants to say Digibyte has the fastest transaction speed and is the most secure?

I mean if you can only choose one direction (i dont know if u can combine all), then i would choose improving on speed and security.
For a coin to be accepted as new currency to pay for stuff, isnt speed and security the way to go?
because i dont really see merchants gonna say "YES! this coin uses x11 and/or is ASIC Resistant that is so important for our shop and customers"

Just thinking out loud and hoping someone could inform this noob  Smiley

PS i know its good for miners, but i dont see why that would make make the world gonna accept cryptocurrency as new payment.

-x11 is actually quite fast.

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
,./,./

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:35:47 PM

First of all, great effort and i love your dedication. But i don't think this is a "professional" video. I thought digibyte wanted something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo&list=PLOBMT9KFLoap5AHR-wdSM6S7Ub1_lQbTx

It's completely animated and u need somebody that is specialized on that. I've spoken to a couple of animators and they say it's about one week's work to make this. Too bad that those animators i know don't care much for cryptocurrency, so they are not willing to make it cause it's a lot of work ( i begged them Smiley. Maybe someone knows an animator who loves cryptocurrency and is willing to help? But in this video there are some parts that can be used for the more professional one, so it's very usefull. And in the video there's no digiman, i think he must be in it too. Also, when u export the movie check your audio settings, cause i heard the original mp3 and it's much clearer then the one in your video.

I'll be made that. but what you said, It's cost a lot of time. I'm now looking for kinemac the things you can do with that is a lot of more and works easier but the video is always worster than from the bitcoin.. and for anybody who will know it. I works 12 hours of this video.
,./,./

Thank you for taking the time & energy to work on this video! We are preparing some images to send to you that we think may help improve it at certain points in the video. The flow of the video is logical and is a good start. Since you have have stepped up to the plate and produced a video for DigiByte we definitely want to give you some more feedback and hopefully we can get to where we need to be with the video.

Thanks again and we will be PMing you by tomorrow with more details. We need some time to prepare and figure out exactly which images we can use and where to use them. We just sent some DGB your way for your efforts and there will definitely be more if we can work together and pull this off!

Thanks again! Your energy & enthusiasm is much appreciated!

I do like to something back for this great devs! and I'm waiting for the PM with the details
,./,./

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:37:55 PM

I work in the movie- and tv-industry as an editor/director so i know it's a lot of work. I made some things for digibyte in the past just for fun and to try things out and the hours add up quickly. Too bad my expertise is not in animation and when i saw the example of the bitcoin animation i knew it's over my head to make something like that. I asked some animators i knew if they could help out, but they were only interested when i pay them cash Smiley I'm seeing someone next week who might be interested to make something, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for that. Some parts of your video are very usefull so if we can add some cool animation with it, we're on the right track. Do you find it ok if i use some parts of your video if needed?

p.s. I've never used it but someone pointed out http://goanimate.com/ to me. Maybe that could be of great help.

p.s. 2 @digibyte: Can u send me the good quality images also? Would be great.    

I don't say yes at this moment It cost for me a lot time to made this. and you chance something and get some parts of my video and you can say It's my video.... I don't like that idea.

how much will you copy?
10 S
30 S
60 S
120 S

how more you used, how more you use my video....

if you some parts added sent me a pm, and I think about it. say about what you will added time to time from the video

Hahaha, No worries. I'm in here to help digibyte and no further reasons. I was talking about maybe a few seconds just to make u a compliment, but i don't think i will use anything of your video.

that's not a problem, you can use a few seconds.

,./,./

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:45:09 PM

update:1.0.2

here is the promo video:
(version 1.0.0):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz3sO1BfDRY
(version 1.0.1)(phone looks better): http://youtu.be/PMCAO0G1vsc
(version 1.0.2)(audio has been updated):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC1Ru1fg85I

if you don't like some parts, I can chance it. feedback is always welcome

the movie is not publicly on youtube, if you have no comments I give him publicly

or donation me:
-digibytes: D5SU47NvEHjuRsgrKyPWiCnV8M27vSUFr9
-bitcoins: 1FPMcK3LkgUtCZaVj3ZU4ugZJajVairtfA
-dogecoins: DStKzdoiUgCRhikUnPCKQ1dYrTGAwGCsHY

do you like the movie people? and will you give some back?
-let see it to everyone who you know.
-like my movie on youtube
-follow me on youtube
-like other movies from me on youtube.

I've chance the movie, so like my movie again!

-my movie is 96 looked in 12 hours, thank you very much for looking
-my movie is 3 times liked, thank you for like my movies
-I've get one subscriber the last 12 hours.
-my movie is looked in 20 difference countries!

thank you very much everyone!

I'd like the video with translate as subtitling. can you write very good? and will give some back for me or digibyte? write down what is said in the video and I'll test  it. I'm looking for anyone who made this in english if it's a succeed. I'll be made it other languages (sorry for my bad english)
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 05:48:28 PM

I am wholly in support of x11, I have held digibyte since day one, digibyte has the chance to be ahead of the curve.
We should implement it asap, before we are lopped in the pile of scrypt junkyard coins.
We need to make sure we are not opening the door to a massive FGPA mining invasion by switching to X11 right away. For those who are new FGPAs were specialized hardware developed before ASICs but after GPUs. There are a lot of them around out there just sitting. They would potentially give FGPA holders a significant advantage if they are able to mine X11.

EFFV

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:53:21 PM

I think I've made up my mind.  I would vote to change to algo and use X11.  I've recently been fooling around with it and it is amazing.   The speeds are significantly faster than scrypt and the cards run much cooler and use less power and lower fan speed.  It's actually incredible.  That's my personal vote, X11 all the way.

Check it out guys
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475795.0;all

different kernals have different speeds.

DRK ~2.5 MH/s on R9 290
    Q2C ~5 MH/s on R9 290
    QRK ~2.1 MH/s on R9 290
    MYR ~10 MH/s on R9 290
    FC ~145 MH/s on R9 290
    INK ~45 MH/s on R9 290
    ANI ~1.8 MH/s on R9 290
    GRS ~5.5 MH/s on R9 290
The X11 algo does look promising, but we need to find the answer to the FGPA question. If FGPA's are able to mine X11 we are going to end up with a whole new problem on our hands. As far as we know no one is selling FGPA's anymore. So those people or groups that have them could gain a significant advantage.

FPGA's do not pose a significant threat to x11, the way the previous generations were designed actually limits use on x11.
A FPGA that is purposefully designed for x11 would still not create a new paradigm, in the sense that scrypt asics are.
FPGA's would only be slightly more productive than the current generations of gpu's.
Power consumption would be about equal between the two, because x11 consumes less power..... less heat etc.... faster transaction times....
x11 would be a very smart move for this coin!

EFFV

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:56:00 PM

I am wholly in support of x11, I have held digibyte since day one, digibyte has the chance to be ahead of the curve.
We should implement it asap, before we are lopped in the pile of scrypt junkyard coins.
We need to make sure we are not opening the door to a massive FGPA mining invasion by switching to X11 right away. For those who are new FGPAs were specialized hardware developed before ASICs but after GPUs. There are a lot of them around out there just sitting. They would potentially give FGPA holders a significant advantage if they are able to mine X11.

I can go into the technical details if need be.

Your choice;

Asic invasion on a highly profitable coin.

or

FPGA's that do not have a significant advantage over gpu's.

ltcjunky43

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:14:08 PM

What would I need to do differently in order to mine the X11 algo if digibyte switches to that?
ycagel

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:42:46 PM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/r-says-bitcoin-considered-property-185947019.html
mintzone

Activity: 285

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:45:34 PM

I personally don't see why we should switch from Scrypt to X11.
Asics joining the game should not be something you are afraid of. It brings the coin out.
One of the major reasons bitcoin started booming was because of asics.
Sure, I might not be able to get as much Digibyte after asics enter, but the value of Digibyte scales with the difficulty of mining it. In theory, anyways.

DGB is my and the future's coin of choice! Don't cry if you don't invest Wink
ycagel

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:46:30 PM

Is anyone in the community in PR or have media contacts at decent news outlets?

Thanks,
YC
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 01:00:10 AM

We need to change our algorithm ASAP !!!!

Most definitely X11 algorithm or a POS if possible...maybe an X11/POS hybrid...is that easy to code? I doubt it but it would lead the way since X11 and POS are the future of crypto, there's a reason why X11 and POS coins are going up in price right now. The bottom line is that we need to adapt a new algorithm otherwise we will be left in the dust, which of course won't happen. Digibyte has the best developer of any coin, that's why I jumped onboard from day 1.

do not change to N scrypt or Jane Scrypt. (see paragraphs below as to why to not chose N scrypt, i obtained them from Hirocoin website). Once ASICs come out in full force, only 1 or 2 scrypt coins will thrive and many other scrypt coins will die off. N Scrypt is good the only problem is that GPUs can't mine them profitably (because of high RAM requirements) and ASICS won't focus on them because they are very resistant to ASICS obviously so then if GPU and ASIC cannot secure the network for N Scrypt coins then what will keep the network going?....X11 has 4x the hash rates, uses very little electricity and is extremely secure using a series of several algorithms....

There other hash solutions out there the best known of these being Scrypt-Jane and Adaptive-N which for the most part are the same. They both use a variable N factor which is locked to 210 in Scrypt. This is the memory requirement, 210 works out to 1024 bytes. Vertcoin a very popular Adaptive-N coin currently uses an N factor of 211 which works out to 2048 bytes, every time the N factor goes up the performance of miners drops by half. Vertcoin currently has half the performance of Scrypt and has a maximum N of 232 which works out to 4GB, most graphic cards cannot even do work at that level and with the current hash rate the difficulty of Vertcoin could not go low enough to support that level of N. Scrypt-Jane and Adaptive-N may be ASIC hostile but they are also GPU hostile.

There is an alternative that has been largly over looked which was created by Even Duffield. This is the chap who created DarkCoin which looks to include the DarkSend feature that will allow anonymous transactions. X11 uses 11 well known and high performing hashing solutions chained together to generate the hashes required to generate new blocks. Since it uses 11 different hashes it is complex and unlikely to see a ASIC for it any time soon. The good news for miners is that they can use X11 right now to avoid multipools and start gathering coins that are going to become very important when the Scrypt ASICs hit. Mining X11 gives 3-4 times the hash power of Scrypt, uses less energy and generates more heat. This is the solution that people have been looking for.

There is also Hirocoin that has launched recently and adopted X11 as its hashing solution. Hirocoin does not have the DarkSend feature but has been meticulously coded and fully featured on launch including DNS seed and binaries for different platforms. DarkCoin uses an inverse difficulty reward which means that the higher the difficulty the lower the reward. More miners means less coins, Hirocoin is more conventional in that it has 400 coins a block and is likely to be the first choice for miners.

While we understand your urgency there are several things that need to be analyzed first. This is not a move we want to make without doing our homework. It could have disastrous consequences.

For those who are new to the crypto community there was a type of mining hardware developed for mining Bitcoin before ASICs known as FGPAs. They were essentially an improved, specialized graphics card the only worked for mining Bitcoin mainly used in 2012 beginning of 2013. They were rendered obsolete by Bitcoin ASICs but there are still a lot of them out there with nothing to do at the moment.

We have heard some reports of people using FGPA's to mine X11. We need to verify whether this is possible or not as this would give a very tiny part of the crypto community a huge mining advantage.

cryptoinvestor_x

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:06:14 AM

I've been impressed with the way the Digibyte team is going about things. This is definitely a coin to hold onto going into the year. I look forward to any news regarding the X11 algorithm. It seems like it is the right choice, but the FPGA issue must be looked into first.

Give the Digibyte team time to figure out what they need.
ycagel

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:08:27 AM

I believe in the development team and the founder of DGB. What we as a community need to do is get the word out on other channels. Spread the word that Jared is speaking at the CryptoCurrency Convention in New York! This should be everywhere!

YC
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:49:27 AM

We need to change our algorithm ASAP !!!!

Most definitely X11 algorithm or a POS if possible...maybe an X11/POS hybrid...is that easy to code? I doubt it but it would lead the way since X11 and POS are the future of crypto, there's a reason why X11 and POS coins are going up in price right now. The bottom line is that we need to adapt a new algorithm otherwise we will be left in the dust, which of course won't happen. Digibyte has the best developer of any coin, that's why I jumped onboard from day 1.

do not change to N scrypt or Jane Scrypt. (see paragraphs below as to why to not chose N scrypt, i obtained them from Hirocoin website). Once ASICs come out in full force, only 1 or 2 scrypt coins will thrive and many other scrypt coins will die off. N Scrypt is good the only problem is that GPUs can't mine them profitably (because of high RAM requirements) and ASICS won't focus on them because they are very resistant to ASICS obviously so then if GPU and ASIC cannot secure the network for N Scrypt coins then what will keep the network going?....X11 has 4x the hash rates, uses very little electricity and is extremely secure using a series of several algorithms....

There other hash solutions out there the best known of these being Scrypt-Jane and Adaptive-N which for the most part are the same. They both use a variable N factor which is locked to 210 in Scrypt. This is the memory requirement, 210 works out to 1024 bytes. Vertcoin a very popular Adaptive-N coin currently uses an N factor of 211 which works out to 2048 bytes, every time the N factor goes up the performance of miners drops by half. Vertcoin currently has half the performance of Scrypt and has a maximum N of 232 which works out to 4GB, most graphic cards cannot even do work at that level and with the current hash rate the difficulty of Vertcoin could not go low enough to support that level of N. Scrypt-Jane and Adaptive-N may be ASIC hostile but they are also GPU hostile.

There is an alternative that has been largly over looked which was created by Even Duffield. This is the chap who created DarkCoin which looks to include the DarkSend feature that will allow anonymous transactions. X11 uses 11 well known and high performing hashing solutions chained together to generate the hashes required to generate new blocks. Since it uses 11 different hashes it is complex and unlikely to see a ASIC for it any time soon. The good news for miners is that they can use X11 right now to avoid multipools and start gathering coins that are going to become very important when the Scrypt ASICs hit. Mining X11 gives 3-4 times the hash power of Scrypt, uses less energy and generates more heat. This is the solution that people have been looking for.

There is also Hirocoin that has launched recently and adopted X11 as its hashing solution. Hirocoin does not have the DarkSend feature but has been meticulously coded and fully featured on launch including DNS seed and binaries for different platforms. DarkCoin uses an inverse difficulty reward which means that the higher the difficulty the lower the reward. More miners means less coins, Hirocoin is more conventional in that it has 400 coins a block and is likely to be the first choice for miners.

While we understand your urgency there are several things that need to be analyzed first. This is not a move we want to make without doing our homework. It could have disastrous consequences.

For those who are new to the crypto community there was a type of mining hardware developed for mining Bitcoin before ASICs known as FGPAs. They were essentially an improved, specialized graphics card the only worked for mining Bitcoin mainly used in 2012 beginning of 2013. They were rendered obsolete by Bitcoin ASICs but there are still a lot of them out there with nothing to do at the moment.

We have heard some reports of people using FGPA's to mine X11. We need to verify whether this is possible or not as this would give a very tiny part of the crypto community a huge mining advantage.

Yes, I think homework definitely needs to be done on this FPGA issue, but unfortunately I haven't heard of anyone mining X11 with them.

If Digibyte were to make a move to X11 I think it would be another selling point as the power usage of scrypt networks is massive. Having changed one of my miners over to Hirocoin (X11) I am now in a position to run it through the summer here, whereas I would've had to remove a card or two so that I can turn my A/c on w/out blowing my apartments circuit breaker. If you can get Digibyte on X11 or variant that would be a big plus in my opinions. (also because Hirocoin profitability sucks & I want to get back to Digi lol)
OmarGPools

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:45:24 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 03:57:21 AM by OmarGPools

I forgot to mention that other POS coins are copying blackcoins idea of a multipool causing more and more scrypt coins to go down the shitter...these POS coin multipools are like the Mt. Goxes of altcoins.....these pools mine the most profitable scam scrypt coin then dump it on an exchange, convert it into bitcoin then use the bitcoin to buy blackcoin....once those funds convert into blackcoin they can no longer be extracted from blackcoin via mining. I see the biggest risk to scrypt right now are these POS multipools, the ASIC and FPGA risk is major as well but not as urgent to deal with as with these multipools....Does anyone else know how we can address these risks with something other than an X11/POS hybrid for digibyte? I'm sure there are other possibilities....I mean digishield was phenomenal, maybe we can customize something with a similar punch?

As much as I'd like to wait things out, Digibyte is getting dumped daily. Maybe we can take the risk and switch over to X11 to stop multipools for now. The FPGA threat has yet to be an issue for the X11 coins as there isn't a big enough profit incentive for them yet. If we switch to X11 its not likes it forever. We can always switch algorithms to whatever the other X11 coins decide to switch to IF FPGAs are an issue.

The decline in price isn't exactly due to multipools dumping. Digibyte needs to gain some real world traction and gain some investors. They can do this by creating real life applications for Digibyte which is what they are focusing on currently. Switching it to X11 will gain some interest from miners though as running X11 during the summer makes dealing with rig heat much easier.

PS: As I'm nearing the end of my research paper on what determines bitcoin's value, the key explanatory variable has been trade volume. To increase trade volume you need to create some interest in the coin. Digibyte has been flying under the radar a little more than usual
bigc1984

Activity: 658
Merit: 534

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:44:57 AM

I forgot to mention that other POS coins are copying blackcoins idea of a multipool causing more and more scrypt coins to go down the shitter...these POS coin multipools are like the Mt. Goxes of altcoins.....these pools mine the most profitable scam scrypt coin then dump it on an exchange, convert it into bitcoin then use the bitcoin to buy blackcoin....once those funds convert into blackcoin they can no longer be extracted from blackcoin via mining. I see the biggest risk to scrypt right now are these POS multipools, the ASIC and FPGA risk is major as well but not as urgent to deal with as with these multipools....Does anyone else know how we can address these risks with something other than an X11/POS hybrid for digibyte? I'm sure there are other possibilities....I mean digishield was phenomenal, maybe we can customize something with a similar punch?

As much as I'd like to wait things out, Digibyte is getting dumped daily. Maybe we can take the risk and switch over to X11 to stop multipools for now. The FPGA threat has yet to be an issue for the X11 coins as there isn't a big enough profit incentive for them yet. If we switch to X11 its not likes it forever. We can always switch algorithms to whatever the other X11 coins decide to switch to IF FPGAs are an issue.

The decline in price isn't exactly due to multipools dumping. Digibyte needs to gain some real world traction and gain some investors. They can do this by creating real life applications for Digibyte which is what they are focusing on currently. Switching it to X11 will gain some interest from miners though as running X11 during the summer makes dealing with rig heat much easier.

PS: As I'm nearing the end of my research paper on what determines bitcoin's value, the key explanatory variable has been trade volume. To increase trade volume you need to create some interest in the coin. Digibyte has been flying under the radar a little more than usual

Yea there's really no time to think about it unfortunately. This is one of those things that needs to be done immediately.
bigc1984

Activity: 658
Merit: 534

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:21:32 AM

Can we get cryptorush deleted from the list of exchanges please? They are officially insolvent: http://pastebin.com/eLkPxLWi    please do it before anyone else is a victim. thx
Coindgr

Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:08:52 AM

One solution could be using a system similar to myriadcoin, we let all the algos in the coin and each of them has it's own difficulty. This way we could keep scrypt, and implement X11, and others also.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: