Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:17:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Introduction to DualMiner USB (could mine both BTC and LTC)  (Read 114581 times)
dualminer (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:31:27 AM

Pieces of crap.  They lasted less than 15 hours before they simply stopped working, stopped being recognized by the computer.  I had active airflow on them at all times, but they never got hot.  The USB sockets that they were plugged into still work perfectly fine for tons of other USB devices.  They are nothing more then paperweights and they don't even do that very well.

Don't waste your money on these, they will die in a day and support is non-existent on the site.

Hi wpstudio, we are sorry to hear your bad experience with our DualMiner USB product. As you should know that your purchased DualMiner USB is covered by our warranty program. You can either get a full refund or exchange to a new device if you did receive a faulty one. But we would appreciate more if you could share the details of your failure, so we can make our product better. Thanks.

I only came back here because someone mentioned you had responded. I submitted a support request on your site, but haven't heard back.  I submitted a request for help through Paypal, but haven't heard back. Not sure what I should do to pursue the warranty issues... since I thought I had contacted you through all the means possible on the website.

Hi wpstudio, I got your PM and replied. We had some issues of email and message not working correctly in past couple days, that could be the reason we missed your request. Now we could work together to get the issue resolved.

Based on wpstudio description, he used our DualMiner USB to mine Dogecoins, which has not be fully tested (both hardware and software). Although theoretically speaking scrypt miners have similarity, but each one could have its own uniqueness.
DualMiner USB is a product developed to mine Bitcoin and Litecoin(Dual mode) or Litecoin only (mode). Using DualMiner USB to mine altcoin doesn't guarantee to work at this point.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dmpotter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:41:49 AM

However, I use it against multipool (which mines varies alt coins) with no problem.
orcephrye

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:31:30 AM

I've been trying to run some numbers to justify these, but am coming up woefully empty. My 6 GPU rigs cost ~0.75 a KH, while these are almost double that at ~1.30 a KH(100 bulk pricing). My power is cheap at 0.08. Even though I am about to have to do a power service upgrade to handle more miners, I still can't find a way to justify these dualminers......hard as I try. Dollar for dollar I get ~50% daily earnings with these.

At the current price point, it is undoable for me, but at $57 I'm a bulk buyer. With other units like the Alpha tech looming, you will seriously have to adjust prices sooner than later to get widespread adoption. I realize at this point you are able to sell all you can get and that is reflected in the price. But that thinking might bite you in the ass when products like Alpha ships. You will not have gotten miners to commit their funds to your product and a much better product hits=long term fail. Short term success and long term fail is not a good business model. When a buyer is faced with the option of getting an inferior expensive product quickly, or saving for a better unit, most will simply save up. Alpha is roughly the same price as 100 of your sticks, but hashes WAY faster.

My advice, drop prices ASAP and get miners committed to your product. If you fail at doing that, you will not survive long.

How the ever living did you get 6GPUs at 0.75 KH!? Mine is 1.9 KH give or take a 0.1. What cards you have in there and are you down volting? I assume you are. How many AMPs are you pulling and how do you determine that its 0.75KW and hour? Maybe I have been mining all wrong!

On another more serious note has anyone tried to pay bulk yet? I have and the email response is that I have to pay with BTC. Sadly I dont have enough in BTC and I am having to transfer over. Not really a big deal but the asking price is a tad over the 83.30 noted on the site in USD. Does this seam to bother anyone else or is this just me?
Planethill

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:06:16 PM

Well I bit for two.   I figure I will use them for extra hash on non-mining capable machines (the laptop, work PC, etc). 

I figure I can always sell them on eBay for near retail if they don't live up to the hype.

dmpotter

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:10:14 PM

Well I bit for two.   I figure I will use them for extra hash on non-mining capable machines (the laptop, work PC, etc). 

I figure I can always sell them on eBay for near retail if they don't live up to the hype.

That's where I was running them, nice for laptops.
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:35:05 PM

I would be interested in a groupbuy to pick up a few of these.
goin2mars

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:50:06 PM

I've been trying to run some numbers to justify these, but am coming up woefully empty. My 6 GPU rigs cost ~0.75 a KH, while these are almost double that at ~1.30 a KH(100 bulk pricing). My power is cheap at 0.08. Even though I am about to have to do a power service upgrade to handle more miners, I still can't find a way to justify these dualminers......hard as I try. Dollar for dollar I get ~50% daily earnings with these.

At the current price point, it is undoable for me, but at $57 I'm a bulk buyer. With other units like the Alpha tech looming, you will seriously have to adjust prices sooner than later to get widespread adoption. I realize at this point you are able to sell all you can get and that is reflected in the price. But that thinking might bite you in the ass when products like Alpha ships. You will not have gotten miners to commit their funds to your product and a much better product hits=long term fail. Short term success and long term fail is not a good business model. When a buyer is faced with the option of getting an inferior expensive product quickly, or saving for a better unit, most will simply save up. Alpha is roughly the same price as 100 of your sticks, but hashes WAY faster.

My advice, drop prices ASAP and get miners committed to your product. If you fail at doing that, you will not survive long.

How the ever living did you get 6GPUs at 0.75 KH!? Mine is 1.9 KH give or take a 0.1. What cards you have in there and are you down volting? I assume you are. How many AMPs are you pulling and how do you determine that its 0.75KW and hour? Maybe I have been mining all wrong!

On another more serious note has anyone tried to pay bulk yet? I have and the email response is that I have to pay with BTC. Sadly I dont have enough in BTC and I am having to transfer over. Not really a big deal but the asking price is a tad over the 83.30 noted on the site in USD. Does this seam to bother anyone else or is this just me?

That was almost painful to read lol.

The guy was saying it costs him 75 cents for every kilohash he has for mining.

In other words. . on a 1.8megahash GPU rig, he paid .75 x 1800khash. This is an investment of 1350 dollars/euros/whatever. It was a ROI calculation.
buddynuno

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:41:02 AM

I do not have much to comment but to make a realistic offer that is good for the seller and for the buyer to see any income of purchasing this device! If you lower your price to 50$ for each dualminer I will buy 20 of them! If any update on the price please inform us or just PM if you are interested now on this offer!

Thank you

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
buiweezy

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:07:44 AM

Can someone please tell me how to get this working. I use cgminer and cgwatcher. thanks
dmpotter

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:25:58 AM

Can someone please tell me how to get this working. I use cgminer and cgwatcher. thanks

I think you'll still need to use the special fork they have with the download. If you look in the installation directory you should see the special version of cgminer.

Though I sent a PM as well:

when I installed the application from dualminer.com

First the drivers: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
Then the application: http://support.dualminer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/DualMinerSetup-1.0.0.6.zip

Then I looked at where it installed it on my machine:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Broadeng\DualMiner

In there should be a directory called:
cgminer-win-32bit-2014-01-24_154358

That's the version, that I used to get it to work from command line.

To make it easy, I just modified one of the existing batch files which was already there

cgminer.exe --scrypt --lo -o stratum+tcp://us-east.multipool.us:7777 -u dmpotter.dual -p x -S //./COM22 -S //./COM23 -S //./COM24 -S //./COM25 -S //./COM26 -S //./COM27

Now, keep in mind those COM numbers came from:
Device Manger and under Ports (COM & LPT)
They were listed as USB Serial Port (COMXX)

It's not the standard version of cgminer. I wish I knew how to bring up the normal GUI mode and not just API.
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:33:28 AM

I think you'll still need to use the special fork they have with the download. If you look in the installation directory you should see the special version of cgminer.

MOAR info from thread posts:

""Current software only supports Bitcoin and Litecoin mining. -- possibly others -- unconfirmed

If you are using Windows 8 or Windows 7, you don’t need download the driver manually. It will be installed automatically.

http://support.dualminer.com/

http://support.dualminer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/DualMinerSetup-1.0.0.6.zip

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

http://support.dualminer.com/?page_id=38

http://support.dualminer.com/?page_id=40

Now, on to the actual mining.

I downloaded the drivers for my ancient Windows OS.
I downloaded the dualminer custom software.
Plugged in the DualMiner.
Detected. Installed drivers.
Installed DualMiner GUI.
Created worker on mining pool.

Now, I must note, that this thing came with the dip switch already set to LTC mode (or scrypt mode) only. So I figure, I'd test it first that way. I'll do the dual coin mining later. Also, the coin I'm mining is not LTC, but it is scrypt, so it should work.

The GUI shows 70 kh/s.
The cgminer console window shows 70 kh/s.
The pool stats show anything from 50 kh/s to 98 kh/s.

That's it so far. I'll keep it running for a few hours and see if anything else happens, aside from it mining.""

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:28:41 AM

Though I sent a PM as well:

when I installed the application from dualminer.com

First the drivers: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
Then the application: http://support.dualminer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/DualMinerSetup-1.0.0.6.zip

Then I looked at where it installed it on my machine:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Broadeng\DualMiner

In there should be a directory called:
cgminer-win-32bit-2014-01-24_154358

That's the version, that I used to get it to work from command line.

To make it easy, I just modified one of the existing batch files which was already there

cgminer.exe --scrypt --lo -o stratum+tcp://us-east.multipool.us:7777 -u dmpotter.dual -p x -S //./COM22 -S //./COM23 -S //./COM24 -S //./COM25 -S //./COM26 -S //./COM27

Now, keep in mind those COM numbers came from:
Device Manger and under Ports (COM & LPT)
They were listed as USB Serial Port (COMXX)

It's not the standard version of cgminer. I wish I knew how to bring up the normal GUI mode and not just API.

Strange...I thought CGminer used Zadig only Huh  FTDI is used by BFGminer,did they switch over or use both now Huh

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:12:17 AM

check out demonmaestro's group buy...
demonmaestro

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:38:47 AM

check out demonmaestro's group buy...
Yes, I am doing a group buy.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=438177

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:46:41 PM

Hi DualMiner
Have you worked on getting some sample in the hands of nwools and Luke so they can get support up and running for these in BFGMiner and MultiMiner??
It would really help your adoption rate as they are used by a huge block of the community.

bilbo333

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:08:19 PM

Noobie question here on multipool and running these dual miners.   The pool is mining dogo and so I targeted the port for LTC with 3 of these miners.   My mining rig is showing coins collected but I am not seeing any % of LTC showing up.  These dualminers are running smooth with no issues. This is what I see for the multipool results but no LTC collected:

Active Workers
Hashrate
Coin   Worker Name   1 minute   10 minute
ltc   3x dualminers   944   161

The hashrate should be 210 correct for 3 of these mining? 
dmpotter

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:37:38 PM

Noobie question here on multipool and running these dual miners.   The pool is mining dogo and so I targeted the port for LTC with 3 of these miners.   My mining rig is showing coins collected but I am not seeing any % of LTC showing up.  These dualminers are running smooth with no issues. This is what I see for the multipool results but no LTC collected:

Active Workers
Hashrate
Coin   Worker Name   1 minute   10 minute
ltc   3x dualminers   944   161

The hashrate should be 210 correct for 3 of these mining?  

multipool is always under constant attack. Have you tried eu2.multipool.us ?
poopypants

Activity: 134

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:25:19 PM

Is there anyway to set failover pools for the dualminers.  Seems as tho I am always getting disconnected from attacks on the main pool i use and would like to add multiple failover pools.  Also could someone explain what happens if say my main pool disconnects, failover activated, then say my main pool comes back online.  Will the miner go back to my main pool?  or will I have to manually change it back?  Hopefully someone can help because I am loosing hours from disconnected pools having to manually restart / change ports / or pools.

Thanks in advance

Einsteinium: http://einsteinium.org/    Helping advance Science

SilkCoin: BCZFuLUX2XfGF4W5cRK3efcg6U5Pv1tuaj
dmpotter

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:47:38 PM

Is there anyway to set failover pools for the dualminers.  Seems as tho I am always getting disconnected from attacks on the main pool i use and would like to add multiple failover pools.  Also could someone explain what happens if say my main pool disconnects, failover activated, then say my main pool comes back online.  Will the miner go back to my main pool?  or will I have to manually change it back?  Hopefully someone can help because I am loosing hours from disconnected pools having to manually restart / change ports / or pools.

Thanks in advance

Like in PM, I can't be certain, but I don't see why this wouldn't work.

cgminer.exe --scrypt --lo -o stratum+tcp://us-east.multipool.us:7777 -u dmpotter.dual -p x  -o stratum+tcp://eu2.multipool.us:7777 -u dmpotter.dual -p x  -S //./COM22 -S //./COM23 -S //./COM24 -S //./COM25 -S //./COM26 -S //./COM27
velvethammer2

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:23:41 PM

Thanks in advance

Like in PM, I can't be certain, but I don't see why this wouldn't work.

cgminer.exe --scrypt --lo -o stratum+tcp://us-east.multipool.us:7777 -u dmpotter.dual -p x  -o stratum+tcp://eu2.multipool.us:7777 -u dmpotter.dual -p x  -S //./COM22 -S //./COM23 -S //./COM24 -S //./COM25 -S //./COM26 -S //./COM27

Yah, I am having a tough time getting failover to work too... Any thoughts?

Did I Help?
BTC:   1CNjvKYdqXNmkNvt87fQSRbEftxsDanV1H
LTC:   LWUkLNiGTwBZkgKRH3VKuLvZHGVvjmxVXZ
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: