Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:11:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Introduction to DualMiner USB (could mine both BTC and LTC)  (Read 114581 times)
kultus

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 07:24:44 PM

why is the price of these good, I can buy a r9270 x for 250 bux (give or take depending on where you buy) and get near 500 KH from it, 1x 250bux .... to equial power I would need 10x these @ near 100 bux each or $1000 bux worth...

how is 1000 buc vs 250 for the Same power anywhere near better value for my money .....

▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄       ▄▄       ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▄   ██ ██▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀▀▀█▀      ███      ███     ███ ██▀▀▀▀▀
██▀      ▀██ ████▄  ██ ██        ██▀           ██▀██     ████   ████ ██
██        ██ ██ ▀██ ██ ██▄▄▄     ██    ████   ██▀ ▀██    ██▀██ ██▀██ ██▄▄▄
██▄      ▄██ ██  ▀████ ██▀▀▀     ██▄     ██  ██▀   ▀██   ██ ▀███▀ ██ ██▀▀▀
 ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀  ██    ▀██ ██▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██▄▄▄██▀ ████▄▄▄████  ██  ▀█▀  ██ ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀       ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.A-Self Evolving Virtual World.
.Built on Top of Blockchain.....
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
      TWITTER     TELEGRAM      MEDIUM     
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
CruzCoins

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:15:20 PM

Here are the results my pool is reporting after running 99 DMs on Raspberry Pi for a few days: https://i.imgur.com/CEPbINT.jpg
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:40:46 PM

That is solid.
What are you pulling power wise with that setup?

Here are the results my pool is reporting after running 99 DMs on Raspberry Pi for a few days: https://i.imgur.com/CEPbINT.jpg

nearly-evil

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:58:40 PM

I can only get 2 devices to show up in linux, anyone else having this problem?
akeetlebeetle

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:25:11 AM

I'm having a ton of problems in win 7. I think the usb hubs aren't up to snuff.

Anyone have a link to the recommended USB hub brand?
Tathata

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:45:28 AM

Have you tried the tutorial on the USB setup at the DM site?

http://support.dualminer.com/?page_id=38

I got my two DM running fine from the get go on Rosewill 10 port usb hub, however I use win 8.1.
fastcore

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:53:33 AM

I only have two running on a hub but Orico 10 port USB 3.0 hub has been a trooper. $26 on Amazon and it is what the manufacturer suggests. Comes with an external power plug. I'm running Win 7 pro 64bit.
akeetlebeetle

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:00:57 AM

I only have two running on a hub but Orico 10 port USB 3.0 hub has been a trooper. $26 on Amazon and it is what the manufacturer suggests. Comes with an external power plug. I'm running Win 7 pro 64bit.

I thought the usb 3 was not good for them.
nearly-evil

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:47:26 AM

I finally got 5 up at the same time in linux but they would not stay running for more then 15-20 mins before causing disconnects. So back to windows they go. These either have more strict requirements the the outer usb miners I have used or are just not as stable. I think I am goin to wait until something else comes out before investing more money into scrypt chips.
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:46:35 PM

They are trying to get rid of them Smiley

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
akeetlebeetle

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:30:36 PM

I found an Etekcity 10 port hub (that I had) that looks to be exactly the same as the Orico, just under a different label. I hooked my miners up to them and they have been rock-solid steady for almost 24 hours. Therefore, I think that using the right hubs is essential to these fellas.
fastcore

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:54:43 PM

First I heard of it. Been mining away no problem. I actually have less issues with these than my bitcoin miners.
edonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:53:12 PM

I'm interested in building a mining rig with a Raspberry Pi and 10 (to start with) DualMiners to mine Litecoin. The guides on this thread are great. It looks like such a rig will be compact, scalable, greener (compared to GPUs) and easier to pull together and manage than other approaches.

Sure it will have a longer ROI than a more traditional GPU design, but I'm betting on the currency increasing in value (as we all are), and I want to have more fun than just currency speculation.

My best deployment options are to put the rig in a server closet or colo rack. So power and cooling are not a problem. Stability is my main concern.

Since I'd be running the rig headless in a different physical location, it's important that I not need to fiddle with the miners once they're up and running. Note that I'll have VPN access to the Raspberry Pi. And if need be, I can plug the USB hubs into a managed UPS that would allow me to power cycle them remotely.

Can anyone with a similar rig comment on stability? How often do you need physical access to your rig, and why?

Thanks in advance.

Was I helpful?   BTC: 3G1Ubof5u8K9iJkM8We2f3amYZgGVdvpHr
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:52:05 PM

Can anyone with a similar rig comment on stability? How often do you need physical access to your rig, and why?

I'm hobby miner. GPUs, Block Erupters, BlueFurys, Bitmine U1s and DualMiners. Thanks to LightningAsics sloooowwwwnes and nonresponsiviness I'm still waiting for 5-chip Gridseeds. I can only say that DualMiners are the reason installing CGWatcher for the first time. CGWatcher successfully replaces Dualminer GUI mining program that is not being capable to successfull restart miners. Because they need restarts too often to be manually restarted. I'm mining with Win7 x64 in scrypt-only mode, power supply is not the problem and from time to time some of them knows to disappear from list of COM ports under device manager. The only way to bring them back from nirvana is to disconnect/reconnect at USB hub. To summarize, they are worst units from my collection for unattended mining. Maybe next version of BFGminer is going to make them more reliable.

Blackbird0

Activity: 207

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:16:57 PM

I'm hobby miner. GPUs, Block Erupters, BlueFurys, Bitmine U1s and DualMiners. Thanks to LightningAsics sloooowwwwnes and nonresponsiviness I'm still waiting for 5-chip Gridseeds. I can only say that DualMiners are the reason installing CGWatcher for the first time. CGWatcher successfully replaces Dualminer GUI mining program that is not being capable to successfull restart miners. Because they need restarts too often to be manually restarted. I'm mining with Win7 x64 in scrypt-only mode, power supply is not the problem and from time to time some of them knows to disappear from list of COM ports under device manager. The only way to bring them back from nirvana is to disconnect/reconnect at USB hub. To summarize, they are worst units from my collection for unattended mining. Maybe next version of BFGminer is going to make them more reliable.

Also hobby miner here.

I'm currently running a PI with a couple little USB SHA-256 ASICs, and one DualMiner running LTC-mode only. I'm running the BFGMiner fork that just added DualMiner support. I find that the DualMiner dies maybe every 12-36 hours, and it requires me to re-start the scrypt window. This doesn't affect my SHA-256 mining at all. I believe everything is being powered appropriately and cooled. When it runs, it runs flawlessly. Looking right now, after 19 hours, I'm at 71.9 KH/s, no HW errors, and only 22 rejects to 4838 Accepteds.
Hektek

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:26:59 PM

Any experience if i use dualminer with the D-Link Hub H7 ?

best regards

Hektek

yeahright

Activity: 297

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:33:56 PM

Hobby miner as well.  I've been running 3 dualminers on Raspberry Pi and an Orico 10 port USB hub for a good 4 days now and getting the 70kh/s on all three miners these are my stats so far A:1224336  R:34896  HW:58.  So haven't had any major issues.  I did have to restart when I was using the miner on Windows 7.
CruzCoins

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:50:11 PM

Software updates will bring more stability. Stay away from windows. I currently have 99 DMs running on a Pi for over 72 hours without any failures. I was having issues for a while where a DM or two would go down and I would have to have physical access to the hubs to fix the issue. After running only 9 DMs per orico p10-u2 and some new software (still testing, should be committed to git soon) I haven't had any fail. My only downtimes have been me moving pools. Once everything is configured properly you shouldn't need physical access often.
demonmaestro

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:26:40 PM

Software updates will bring more stability. Stay away from windows. I currently have 99 DMs running on a Pi for over 72 hours without any failures. I was having issues for a while where a DM or two would go down and I would have to have physical access to the hubs to fix the issue. After running only 9 DMs per orico p10-u2 and some new software (still testing, should be committed to git soon) I haven't had any fail. My only downtimes have been me moving pools. Once everything is configured properly you shouldn't need physical access often.

I got 18 right now on a 49 port hub. on a windows machine with NO downtime.

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:31:21 PM

I got 18 right now on a 49 port hub. on a windows machine with NO downtime.
I have had upto 38 on an Asicminer Hub, but it seems like one of my win7 rigs did have trouble with ghost COM ports. Must have been from all the ASICMINER Block Eruptors and Usb Antminers. But once I got that squared away, no probs. since. These seem to be pretty solid so far.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: