Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:46:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Introduction to DualMiner USB (could mine both BTC and LTC)  (Read 114581 times)
bilbo333

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:51:27 PM

Just a general question.  What is everyone mining these days?  I have been going back and forth between DOGE and litecoin.
Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:07:39 PM

Just a general question.  What is everyone mining these days?  I have been going back and forth between DOGE and litecoin.
Thanks.
Thanks for reminding. Need to change my settings to mine something other than doge now.
bilbo333

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:24:02 PM

What is the draw back on mining DOGE?  I see its dropped in value to .66 each.  Did something happen to question the long term value of this coin?

So is everyone here mining litecoin?
Thanks
Anddos

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:32:27 AM

What is the draw back on mining DOGE?  I see its dropped in value to .66 each.  Did something happen to question the long term value of this coin?

Thanks

do you expect exchanges to exchange a worthless coin?, there is no value whats so ever in other scrypt coins apart from LTC,theres a new alt coin every day is starting to get anoying,and the creators decide it has a value and expect exchanges to convert to BTC,what planet are people living on seriously?

freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:51:58 AM

What is the draw back on mining DOGE?  I see its dropped in value to .66 each.  Did something happen to question the long term value of this coin?

Thanks

do you expect exchanges to exchange a worthless coin?, there is no value whats so ever in other scrypt coins apart from LTC,theres a new alt coin every day is starting to get anoying,and the creators decide it has a value and expect exchanges to convert to BTC,what planet are people living on seriously?

Dualminer will allow new people to learn about mining, Alt coins create interest and new hardware ideas, many people benefit, new companies formed, scammers get popped, people learn,,, it is all good for the Idea of Decentrialized currency, where interest and ideas drives the price.

Oh ! the penetration testing hacks and patches just adds to the learning curve.

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
dyland

We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:22:00 AM

When I add "--dualminer-pll 850" to the param box it just times out. Using DM GUI.
Same with me. No luck when I try to overclock. I have some "usb 1" and some "usb 2" on the same hub. Can that be an issue?

Changed it back, with nothing in 'params', and it starts again at 70 khs each.

Ahh so it's not just an issue with my pool--wait, what pool are you using? I'm on clever mining.

We'll need dual miner to confirm whether you can over clock their LTC only USBS. Maybe that's the issue?

Manebjorn. Any expertise you can lend?
I am using multipool

So is it safe to say these dm 2.0s can't be overclocked?

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
dyland

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:31:57 PM

Anyone else having this problem:

After about 12 hours my DMs get a comms error and turn orange. This has happened quite alot.

Using the recommended orico hub and windows with DM GUI.

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
bilbo333

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:22:42 PM

I had issues with mine dropping out until I put a small fan on them.  Now they run for days until I stop them.
dyland

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:59:15 PM

Yeah it must be that the fan stopped; monitoring them from work from CM dashboard, and they are all dead at the moment.

Thanks

Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:59:21 PM

Thanks
The problem is the large number of coins

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
edonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:12:34 PM

So is it safe to say these dm 2.0s can't be overclocked?

I'm not sure that that is true. I looked at the cgminer sources for the DM and it definitely looks like that version of miner software handles frequencies up to 850. Looks like if you specify above that, it just gets capped to 850.

Maybe this is just the Linux version? I have no idea what the Windows version supports.

Earlier in this thread others have mentioned using 850 and gotten modest returns. For example, Poopypants said he was getting 72-75kh/s at 850. I tried using it too at one point, but backed off while trying to get my rig stable.

Now that my rig is stable, it would be nice to squeeze a little extra out of it. I might try it again...

Was I helpful?   BTC: 3G1Ubof5u8K9iJkM8We2f3amYZgGVdvpHr
dyland

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:21:01 AM

so frustrated...

I had ten DMs on an orico running fine for 24 hours then they started crashing.

Now I can't even seem to get the GUI to recognize any COMs at all. Have restarted several times, uninstalled and re-installed all drivers, and the hub from device manager, etc., etc., and nothing.

any help much appreciated.

stex2009
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:35:10 AM

so frustrated...

Now I can't even seem to get the GUI to recognize any COMs at all. Have restarted several times, uninstalled and re-installed all drivers, and the hub from device manager, etc., etc., and nothing.

Tried another hub or a port on the computer?
stex2009
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:35:46 AM

Got my 'glod miners' today! pics tomorrow.
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:19:48 AM

so frustrated...

At a command prompt, type the following commands:
Code:
set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
start devmgmt.msc
Now click show hidden devices under device manager view.
You can clean up / uninstall all greyed-out com ports and USB root hubs/composite devices.
Unplug Dualminers from the hubs. Plug them one by one and install drivers again. Sometime Win needs to be restarted (powered on/off) if it does not sense that something new was plugged in USB.
Tip: use nwools prerelease version of BFGminer for much better uptime. To be honest I had to lower the frequency at 800 to stop having daily drop-outs that required unplug/plug solution...

dyland

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:35:12 PM

so frustrated...

Code:
start devmgmt.msc
You can clean up / uninstall all greyed-out com ports and USB root hubs/composite devices.
Unplug Dualminers from the hubs. Plug them one by one and install drivers again. Sometime Win needs to be restarted (powered on/off) if it does not sense that something new was plugged in USB.
Tip: use nwools prerelease version of BFGminer for much better uptime. To be honest I had to lower the frequency at 800 to stop having daily drop-outs that required unplug/plug solution...

OK, so I seemed to have solved the problem of getting DM GUI of recognizing the COMs--changed ports on laptop, which I had already done several times--but now I keep getting COMs errors every time I try to start hashing and then it kicks all the DMs off and they turn orange.

I have a device pop-up on the windows tray that says something along the lines of "you can get better performance from this usb etc as it is usb 2.0 by plugging into a different port"--totally paraphrasing here.

Then it starts trying to install the drivers again sometimes.

I close and restart DM GUI and all 10(20) COMs are recognized, and it hashes for like 3 minutes, sometimes picking up one or two USBs, and then crashes with a COMs error.

Thanks guys for the help.

edonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:47:50 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 08:23:21 PM by edonkey

Just a general question.  What is everyone mining these days?  I have been going back and forth between DOGE and litecoin.
Thanks.

I'm on CleverMining.com, which is a multi-pool. I'm pretty happy with them.

I was on ghash.io during their 2x - 1.25x LTC reward promotion. After that was over, I moved back to CleverMining. I've been there ever since.

I looked into mining DOGE, but the numbers I ran showed that I'd be better off with CleverMining. But that was before the DOGE fork. So I'm keeping an eye out on DOGE. The author of this thread just added a DOGE pool to his comparison:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514242.new#new

Might be interesting to see how that pans out.

Was I helpful?   BTC: 3G1Ubof5u8K9iJkM8We2f3amYZgGVdvpHr
stex2009
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:27:54 PM

so frustrated...

Code:
start devmgmt.msc

OK, so I seemed to have solved the problem of getting DM GUI of recognizing the COMs--changed ports on laptop, which I had already done several times--but now I keep getting COMs errors every time I try to start hashing and then it kicks all the DMs off and they turn orange.

I have a device pop-up on the windows tray that says something along the lines of "you can get better performance from this usb etc as it is usb 2.0 by plugging into a different port"--totally paraphrasing here.

I close and restart DM GUI and all 10(20) COMs are recognized, and it hashes for like 3 minutes, sometimes picking up one or two USBs, and then crashes with a COMs error.

I am not sure, but could it be not eno8gh power to run them on your laptop?  If you think this may be an issue, you can try running just 1 for sometime to see if that works correctly.
dyland

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:33:42 PM

so frustrated...

Code:
start devmgmt.msc

I am not sure, but could it be not eno8gh power to run them on your laptop?  If you think this may be an issue, you can try running just 1 for sometime to see if that works correctly.

thanks stex,
I'll try and give that a shot tonight...but the orico hub is powered, no? or am I not getting the point?

at any rate, I don't know what to do, these guys work with a raspberry pi setup right?

balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:35:00 PM

Is there any price update regarding the release of Gridseed miners? Price should be adjusted by /5 IMHO.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: