Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:45:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nxt marketing & promotion :: Nxt forum now moved to nxtforums.org  (Read 77972 times)
QBTC

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:56:53 AM

I invited you because of this, it was published even before optical's post Cheesy

Sorry, Salsacz. I get lost on this forum Smiley
bithic

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:29:46 AM

Also, I'd like to suggest that we all move over to the nxt forum n post there to show some activity n not have it look like a ghost town.  It doesn't make any sense to "market" n "promote" nxt but put in all the work n effort on a btc forum.

Either the developers or the marketers have to take initiative to make the move... we can't keep asking the nxt developer community to move over when we ourselves are still here. Since we are a smaller group (but have a big impact on nxt) I suggest we make the move over to the nxt forum first n set the pace for the rest of the nxt community to follow.

If we keep posting here.. there will be no reason for people to switch over n start to develop the nxt forum.

People don't like change... so as long as we continue to post here... there is no reason for the nxt community to migrate to nxt forum.

I don't care which nxt forum, just pick one or vote on one n we all move.

I suggest nxtcrypto.com so there is no conflict of interest with the dgex exchange.

Tai Zen
has to be nxtcrypto, dgex guy does not like me at all, and he has clearly stated that anybody that didnt expect him to "protect his interest" was kidding themselves. That means that anything posted negatively about anything related to dgex gets censored, deleted, etc.

James

I like this idea, but the nxtcrypto forum layout is not nearly as efficient and useful as this. It looks pretty, but there's so much wasted space. Is there a chance the style can be updated to be a little more functional and compact?

I've just created a new topic on the nxtcrypto forum about this:
https://forums.nxtcrypto.org/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=735
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:20:33 AM

May I ask for proofreading?:

First truly decentralized currency

- Brand new code
- 100% Proof of Stake
- Aliases, Messages
- Asset Exchange
- Transparent mining forging
- Instant transactions
- Up to 1000 TPS
- Distributed autonomous corporations

- No capital backing
- No centralized leadership

Nxtcrypto.org/start - Mynxt.org

NXT: a decentralized company? funded by community composed by free individuals
QBTC

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:58:39 AM

Blockchain Explorer shows support in my marketing account for the continuation of website and networking. I very much appreciate it! Thank you.
Mario123

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 02:21:06 PM

Blockchain Explorer shows support in my marketing account for the continuation of website and networking. I very much appreciate it! Thank you.

Very nice. Would be a shame if we lose you.

VanBreuk

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:42:27 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 06:02:31 PM by VanBreuk

I will be updating nxtspain blog with fine tuned spanish translations of the most relevant available articles. Salsacz, feel free to point your OP/docs at the blog permalinks for your Nxt Myths series. 1 and 2 available already, more to come soon.

+
we will be re-using "one minute spots for Let's talk Bitcoin". How can we use them?
1) share only MP3 by social media sites:
- Facebooks
- Twitters
- maybe russian vk
- Reddit - this can also establish our Reddit platform

2) It would be nice to have a space for actual spots at our websites... It is very nice to have something new, non static...
- then we can easily add also Joefox's radio show

3) ? any more ideas? Maybe a video..

The most useful video we have so far is still salsacz's original. 1' contents could be the base for a short redux of that video as an easy to share appetizer.

A problem I see with video production in this moment is we don't really have yet a proper hook for people outside the crypto community. Eco forging is sweet, but I don't believe forging itself is an asset to sell nxt to an audience, for the simple reason that new users that look into it will most likely be disappointed. Forging is a paradigm shift, not a feature to attract people into profit. Following that mindset seems a wrong move. I was considering doing a little animation video teaser for sustainable/cubie forging but it simply does not feel like the right target.

Asset exchange would be a game changer, but right now we have close to nothing.

Besides introductory concepts already covered in salsacz's video, the only firm asset we have so far to address a wider audience is the community concept, and a call to come aboard. But we need to be specific, we need facts to show. This, for instance, deserves some effort. Whether it's done or not, it is possible. And that we can show.
Zahlen

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:07:28 PM

QBTC, what's your Nxt account number? I'll send you some more Smiley

EDIT: Just realized, your account number is in the 4th line of your sig. This gets cut off for me (maybe my forum theme or something?). I can only barely see the top few pixels of that line, have to copy and paste somewhere else to read it. Maybe that's why people weren't donating?

QBTC

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:26:22 PM

QBTC, what's your Nxt account number? I'll send you some more Smiley

EDIT: Just realized, your account number is in the 4th line of your sig. This gets cut off for me (maybe my forum theme or something?). I can only barely see the top few pixels of that line, have to copy and paste somewhere else to read it. Maybe that's why people weren't donating?

I fixed it running out the door and only now have a chance to thank you for your observation.
QBTC

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:33:48 PM

You keep saying "my site" without listing the link and talking about needing donations but never post an nxt address. You cant assume people know what you're talking about. People cant just guess these things or assume its the stuff in your sig. You have to put it in your posts or explicitly reference where to find the info.

Apologies, I did assume that viewers would know that it was the stuff in my signature. No offense, the "my" is used to assume responsibility for what has been done here:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nxtcrypto
Twitter: https://twitter.com/NxtCrypto
Google+: https://plus.google.com/b/116650043478856930561/116650043478856930561/posts

Contribution accounts:

Nxt: 1981468117748016602
BTC: 1PZWCeJKfQt8fanxWkX352JXUHhr8iY28e
QBTC

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:05:30 PM

2) It would be nice to have a space for actual spots at our websites... It is very nice to have something new, non static...

Yes! We could serve the podcasts on the www.nxtcrypto.org site. This would help folks like me who don't have a soundcloud account and don't really want to set one up. Remember, I do have a server for nxtcrypto that can handle the bandwidth of streaming these Smiley

I'd be happy to set it up within the next week. Joe Fox could use a provided interface to upload them to the website as he wants to distribute them. Let me know...
salsacz (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:16:52 PM

Yes! We could serve the podcasts on the www.nxtcrypto.org site. This would help folks like me who don't have a soundcloud account and don't really want to set one up. Remember, I do have a server for nxtcrypto that can handle the bandwidth of streaming these Smiley

I'd be happy to set it up within the next week. Joe Fox could use a provided interface to upload them to the website as he wants to distribute them. Let me know...

I think you can only make some box, where you put embeded code:

<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/131938218&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
QBTC

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:22:09 PM

I think you can only make some box, where you put embeded code:

<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/131938218&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Unless we also have him upload the file directly to the nxtcrypto site. We do have a lot of interested traffic and could even provide them with RSS or subscribe options.
bithic

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:38:31 PM

Who would like to speak at the Lets talk Bitcoin show? Smiley

Who would like to speak at the http://www.cryptocurrencyconvention.com/ in New York?
Smiley
PLZ Help me make contact w/ #nextcoin creator.Hosting The Crypto Currency Convention n NYC.We want them to speak and promote #NXT

I've missed the past few days. Did we get anyone lined up for these?

For the LTB show, we'll need someone who can speak passionately about Nxt, the community, and the Future! (Perhaps two people would make for a more interesting interview. Joefox and one of the devs, for example?)

My apologies if this has all been decided and I didn't notice.

you guys can imagine what my performance would be like from the interview with tai zen. idk if thats the sort of thing you are looking for. i dont think it was passionate per say.

The main thread moves too quickly for me to keep up with, but it seems every time this comes up it gets lost amidst all the other conversations. These two opportunities need to be decided on soon.

For the Let's Talk Bitcoin podcast, I suggest we ask joefox and anon136 to work together with Adam on getting this to happen. If they want someone who is more involved with the development to join one of them in the interview, then it's probably best for them to ask someone directly rather than waiting for one of the devs to volunteer.

I think it would be a good move to have joefox involved in the interview, because it'll lend weight to his "News On Nxt" updates as well as give him an opportunity to talk about his planned Nxt podcast.

For the New York speaker, I have no suggestions, but it seems like an opportunity we shouldn't pass up, since they're actually looking for someone to talk about Nxt.
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:45:00 PM

Who would like to speak at the http://www.cryptocurrencyconvention.com/ in New York?
Smiley
PLZ Help me make contact w/ #nextcoin creator.Hosting The Crypto Currency Convention n NYC.We want them to speak and promote #NXT

For the LTB show, we'll need someone who can speak passionately about Nxt, the community, and the Future! (Perhaps two people would make for a more interesting interview. Joefox and one of the devs, for example?)

you guys can imagine what my performance would be like from the interview with tai zen. idk if thats the sort of thing you are looking for. i dont think it was passionate per say.

The main thread moves too quickly for me to keep up with, but it seems every time this comes up it gets lost amidst all the other conversations. These two opportunities need to be decided on soon.

For the Let's Talk Bitcoin podcast, I suggest we ask joefox and anon136 to work together with Adam on getting this to happen. If they want someone who is more involved with the development to join one of them in the interview, then it's probably best for them to ask someone directly rather than waiting for one of the devs to volunteer.

I think it would be a good move to have joefox involved in the interview, because it'll lend weight to his "News On Nxt" updates as well as give him an opportunity to talk about his planned Nxt podcast.

For the New York speaker, I have no suggestions, but it seems like an opportunity we shouldn't pass up, since they're actually looking for someone to talk about Nxt.

Anon,

If it's possible to team up with someone you feel comfortable with and who feels more at home talking to a live audience, I would say do that.
You could go with joefox for instance if he wants. He could fill in the gaps (he's an actor, so should be able to spot when you get "stuck" and get the ball rolling again).

You have a very good talent for translating the things that look obcure on paper to examples people can grasp. I liked your explanation of TF very much.

I would very much like you to consider doing it and I think you underestimate your presentation!

Also: working in a duo with someone you feel at home with is much more fun. Smiley

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:07:46 AM

http://bitcoinvista.com/2014/02/03/nxt-proof-of-stake-and-the-new-alternative-altcoin/
bithic

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:27:05 AM

I would very much like you to consider doing it and I think you underestimate your presentation!

Also: working in a duo with someone you feel at home with is much more fun. Smiley

+1. I think anon and joefox would make a great combo, and would be very interesting to listen to.
apenzl

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 01:19:32 AM

I'm working on nxter.org, but I can't give it all the time needed. During march I will be free to work full time on getting it up and running, but right now I only got 2 hours a day at the most. I think the site needs some background information articles, or it will look like a pretty sorry as* magazine, when launched. Grin

I'm writing about online security right now, a small series on how to be safe, as this is pretty essential when dealing with cryptos. Or am I way off? I could use some help to get my focus right.

The problem is, of course, that when I write informative articles on current Nxt features, I don't have time to do the news. Even if we get developers to mail the site directly to make sure that their work get a mention and are not lost in the long threads around the web, it will become an ongoing struggle, with chances of always leaping behind.

I'm not that good at asking for help but I will it try again  Tongue - if the people who showed interest in contributing to the newsletter/magazine are still game, please let it be heard. Maybe you think I ran off, or are you just waiting for me to holla? Let me know, because this site was made for the community to use. It's up now, it needs some smaller configuration of the theme, but anybody can (theoretically) get permission to post news and articles right now.

It's still my belief, that nxter (and the newsletter) has something different to offer the community than what we already have. I've noticed that the demand of a centralized spot to get updated on all the decentralized works (and not the discussions) have not worn off. Nxter.org could be it, as well as it will become (another) entry spot for newcomers.

What do you think? Have a look, please… http://nxter.org
A designer-friend is working on a logo for the site. What you see (newsletter graphic in top) is not it.

The Nxtmyth papers - are they for internal use only, or should I publish them on the site as a series as well?

/apenzl

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:32:26 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 10:28:26 PM by EvilDave

My usual post and run technique:

The nxtcrypto.org forum can be improved massively by changing the style to prosilver in the control panel.
Default style did my head in, did not like.
Hopefully we can get the default changed,
(thanks to optical and others for the tip,btw)

I got bored waiting for someone else to come up with stickers, so I mades this:

Used Marek's logo, hope he doesn't mind. Its bumper sticker format, so it'll be 279mm x 76mm when printed.
Could I have some feedback on it soon ?
Be nice to get some to the Berlin conference guys, if it gets a positive reaction.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:37:33 AM

Smiley

Anon,

If it's possible to team up with someone you feel comfortable with and who feels more at home talking to a live audience, I would say do that.
You could go with joefox for instance if he wants. He could fill in the gaps (he's an actor, so should be able to spot when you get "stuck" and get the ball rolling again).

You have a very good talent for translating the things that look obcure on paper to examples people can grasp. I liked your explanation of TF very much.

To be perfectly honest i was surprised myself with how well I did in my interview with tai zen. Before that interview i would have said someone else should do it. now I'm starting to feel more confident. I thought I would be nervous and stutter a lot but that wasn't the case.

Still with all that being said, ultimately thats got to be someones decision and it cant be me since as a candidate i would be biased. I cant just chose myself Tongue. Salsacz is the head of marketing so ill leave that up to him, if he assigns me the task than i will do it. If he choses someone else than I will respect that also.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:08:00 AM

Smiley

Still with all that being said, ultimately thats got to be someones decision and it cant be me since as a candidate i would be biased. I cant just chose myself Tongue. Salsacz is the head of marketing so ill leave that up to him, if he assigns me the task than i will do it. If he choses someone else than I will respect that also.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/43094140.jpg
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: