Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:37:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nxt marketing & promotion :: Nxt forum now moved to nxtforums.org  (Read 77972 times)
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

NXT.org

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:21:58 PM

Nifty and Bitventurer got Nxt for their conference costs

Some new little promotion projects were also paid: reddit tipbot giveaway, nxt wallet giveaway, chinese promotion and first 2 newsletters. There is also 15k promised for starcraft, but unique now wants 25k + more nxt for some casters

I let you know way back in january that it cost more than 15K though!
At the time this was begun the price of NXT was half what it is today, you wont get professional players who get their livelihood from this game to play for a couple hundred. And of course casters cost money.

CoinTropolis_NiftyNikel

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:36:46 PM

Nifty and Bitventurer got Nxt for their conference costs

Some new little promotion projects were also paid: reddit tipbot giveaway, nxt wallet giveaway, chinese promotion and first 2 newsletters. There is also 15k promised for starcraft, but unique now wants 25k + more nxt for some casters

At the time this was begun the price of NXT was half what it is today, you wont get professional players who get their livelihood from this game to play for a couple hundred. And of course casters cost money.

I received the funding for the conference. Thanks Salsa!

I for one think getting into the gaming community could be a huge audience for Nxt and 25k would be well worth the investment

gvans

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:31:30 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 11:22:08 PM by gvans

Another heads up if the community would be interested in having this nxt-monolith prototype piece for promotion, conferences etc.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg5244939#msg5244939

More pics https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dgtssbde40wx4dt/x59vAKeILe

BTC 1Mye3mqB9WQdCj3uFwx6zcRArnzbUiq6Ro  ★ [NXT] NXT-RA49-RXFR-V6WE-97HT9
★ [ORA] LOGO  ★ [NEM] LOGO  ★ [NXT] MONOLITH  ★ [EXO] LOGO  ★ [FIMK] LOGO  ★ [NODE] LOGO
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:52:43 PM

Here's my productivity for the day: some sweet shiny stickers:

Aren't they pretty ? I now have no idea what to do with them......like to distribute them to the NXT posse, but not sure how.

Any one want some, let me know.....I've only got a 100 so far, so it'll probably only be 5 or 10 stickers per person.
They are 140mm x 40 mm, btw.

Ok, I've made a plan for sticker distribution.
I've only got 98 left to get rid of, so I'm going to offer them in packets of 5 stickers, first come first served. These are test pieces, so I really want lots of people to see them and give some feedback on them before I start serious production.

The stickers cost me €45 / 100 so €0.45 per sticker, 5 stickers per packet is €2.25 euro + €1.25 European postage = €3.50.
So thats €3.50 or $4.80 or 77 NXT or....I'll take almost anything.
So, if u want some, drop me a PM, and we can work out the details.

I'm only sending to Europe at the moment, but if any one else wants to get these printed and distributed in the US (or wherever) feel free, the original printable .jpgs are on:
https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,2083.15.html
If u make money on them, give me some, but if it's purely for promo use, no worries.
marek3ball also deserves some love, as I used his 3d NXT logo render.

These are quite expensive per piece right now, but they are damn pretty.
If we order larger quantities we can get the prices much lower.
So, if u want to order serious amounts, get in touch. If the feedback is positive, I'll get more designs made up.
And we also have Fatih's excellent work:
https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,1518.60.html

@Damelon: can u confirm that your proposed branding guys will be retaining much of our current typography/logos ?
Be good to get a few more guys together now, producing promo items/swag, but if logos are gonna be changed that could become wasted effort.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:00:27 AM

@Damelon: can u confirm that your proposed branding guys will be retaining much of our current typography/logos ?
Be good to get a few more guys together now, producing promo items/swag, but if logos are gonna be changed that could become wasted effort.

The current logo is a given. I've told them not to change it, as there is no need, we already use it, and it's good.

They will play with it, of course, but we should keep using it.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:12:41 AM

The current logo is a given. I've told them not to change it, as there is no need, we already use it, and it's good.

They will play with it, of course, but we should keep using it.

@Damelon: thats all i need to hear.....some variation within the community is fine, but we don't need to fork on the logos.
Psssst....wanna buy some stickers?

On a more serious note: I mailed the A'dam Bitcoin Conference people almost 3 weeks ago, but haven't heard anything back. Do you have time to give them a try ?
https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,2277.0.html

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
salsacz (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:53:10 AM

We agreed on sending 15k. If the price of nxt was half, you could wait for few weeks, there is no reason to rush such events.
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:55:10 AM

Amsterdam people probably need some time. Lots of people from Berlin are waiting for reunion in Amsterdam
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182

NXT.org

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:15:06 AM

We agreed on sending 15k. If the price of nxt was half, you could wait for few weeks, there is no reason to rush such events.

No, I told you it would be even MORE expensive than it ended up being. Today more than 4500 more people in our target audience who had never heard about NXT, now know all about NXT thanks to that showmatch. And that was after everything went against us, including one of the players being sick so the match had to be postponed by 1 day which made it clash with some other tournaments. But it's still one of the biggest "outside of cryptocommunity" NXT events. The casters did a brilliant job of decribing why NXT is better than Bitcoin, litecoin and DOGE and even sold the "Lite/DOGE is bad for gamers" angle.

If NXT hadn't been added on BTER when it did then the price would've kept falling, it was in free fall (going from $0.12 to $0.03 and the entire community was in agreement that we needed to market as much as possible. It's time people stop thinking that NXT is somehow this golden calf that will just grow up to shoot golden milk out of it's nipples. There are plenty of competitors with nearly all the features that we have, some are even ALREADY OPERATIONAL.
The general public does not give one fraction of a fuck that NXT was "first", that it was made by some reclusive guy called BCNext or even about the more esotheric properties of NXT. If someone else becomes userfriendly and marketed before us, they win, that is the laws of markets.

Now I love NXT and haven't yet sold a single of my NXT, but I manage to look at the situation from a non-biased POV.
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:02:26 PM

Eigentümlich frei is a libertarian monthly print magazine , with a circulation of about 6,000 copies. The online edition ( www.ef -magazin.de ) is clicked by 300,000 readers a month.
Readers are especially educated men younger to middle-aged , who are followers of the Austrian Economics and the current money system are critical .
I find an interesting target group for Nxt .
The media data can be found here: http://ef-magazin.de/media/assets/EF_Mediadaten_kompakt.pdf

How should the marketing look like? I would prefer the online edition and indeed a large banner 200x400 pixels. Take a look here right how it looks like : http://www.ef-magazin.de/

Cost: To start times 1 month I would propose . This will cost € 386.75 inclusive of VAT
In addition, we would have a nice set of meaningful banner in 200x400 pixel format (ie portrait) Unfortunately, I 'm not good in such things, can somebode help out her? Cax?

How to finance : I try to get the Nxt marketing budget once. We need about 9200 Nxt . I would be great to get, 10.000 Nxt , so the one who created the banner ,
also gets something .

What is your opinion about this?

salsacz: If I get green lights from the marketing fund I would start here and manage everything. Just tell we if you would be fine to donate 10k of the Nxt Marketing found for this!

Hi,

were can I find that banner?

Pin

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:14:29 PM

ill do letstalkbitcoin

do you want me to just contact adam?

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Coinonaer

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:33:44 PM

Eigentümlich frei is a libertarian monthly print magazine , with a circulation of about 6,000 copies. The online edition ( www.ef -magazin.de ) is clicked by 300,000 readers a month.
Readers are especially educated men younger to middle-aged , who are followers of the Austrian Economics and the current money system are critical .
I find an interesting target group for Nxt .
The media data can be found here: http://ef-magazin.de/media/assets/EF_Mediadaten_kompakt.pdf

How should the marketing look like? I would prefer the online edition and indeed a large banner 200x400 pixels. Take a look here right how it looks like : http://www.ef-magazin.de/

Cost: To start times 1 month I would propose . This will cost € 386.75 inclusive of VAT
In addition, we would have a nice set of meaningful banner in 200x400 pixel format (ie portrait) Unfortunately, I 'm not good in such things, can somebode help out her? Cax?

How to finance : I try to get the Nxt marketing budget once. We need about 9200 Nxt . I would be great to get, 10.000 Nxt , so the one who created the banner ,
also gets something .

What is your opinion about this?

salsacz: If I get green lights from the marketing fund I would start here and manage everything. Just tell we if you would be fine to donate 10k of the Nxt Marketing found for this!

Hi,

were can I find that banner?

Pin

Still not done, was somehwho slept in... Roll Eyes
gvans

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:33:54 PM

I could propably work out a banner, even a sleek gif (moving text / logo or similar) if needed. But I don't speak German so just wondering would you want the logo and "2nd generation of cryprocurrency" or some solid info in native language?

Some random gifs I did lately for crypto-world:

Banner could be static, too.

BTC 1Mye3mqB9WQdCj3uFwx6zcRArnzbUiq6Ro  ★ [NXT] NXT-RA49-RXFR-V6WE-97HT9
★ [ORA] LOGO  ★ [NEM] LOGO  ★ [NXT] MONOLITH  ★ [EXO] LOGO  ★ [FIMK] LOGO  ★ [NODE] LOGO
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:48:11 PM

I think for the banner to the paid advertising we need really pro jobs, there were only very newbie sketches in the nextcoin german forum. But still, you need to figure out the text first. Then you can look for a good designer
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:57:44 PM

ill do letstalkbitcoin

Nice!
w4llace

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:19:28 PM

hei there,

i'm a designer and i speak german and i'm willing to help Wink

should it be an animated banner or a static one?
what ist the main goal: increasing interest in nxt? so we need also a single landing page? or is there a good way to get an overview? the wiki isn't it, i think.
Mario123

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 05:29:00 PM

I will restructure mynxt.org to make it more newcomer friendly. Less white space to get a better oversight. But I don't know when it is finished.

CoinTropolis_JustaBitTime

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:14:27 PM

Swarm information going out... letting the media know we're out there and we're already making news:

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/Community-Closeup-Raising-money-to-inspire-kids/21051620_24582392

If you're interested in helping contact media outlets, and not already on the swarm list, please drop me a PM.  This will be a multi day promotional event! In the meantime, please help spread this everywhere.
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:17:12 PM

fantastic news, first part of NxtMyths was published! Smiley

http://cryptosource.org/what-is-nxt-community/

feel free to comment Smiley

link is also on 2nd page of reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/?count=25&after=t3_1ygvjo
bdt_michael

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:05:16 PM

Quote from: EvilDave  date=1392767938

Here's my productivity for the day: some sweet shiny stickers:

http://i60.tinypic.com/35d8gnt.jpg

Those shiny stickers are really sweet. Nice print! And because of them I finally decided to sign up on the NXT Forums.

Sadly my activation eMail doesn't arrive (outlook,  Grin). Can anyone activate my account? It's either bdt_m or bdt_michael. Thanks!

(About me: Designer / I speak also German / Currently in Berlin.)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: