Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:08:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nxt marketing & promotion :: Nxt forum now moved to nxtforums.org  (Read 77972 times)
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

NXT.org

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:12:56 PM

Agreed, but if they don't repay I say we spam all over that they stole from us and is utterly incompetent for not even being able to put NXT on their exchange like so many other exchanges.

Nah, the reddit hatred for NXT is ridiculous
The guy claime we artifically kept NXT off exchanges on purpose to increase the price. As someone who is wokringhard and already succeeded in getting NXT on several exchanges, I will not tolerate that.
If he got hit by a bus I would feel worse for the bus

How old are you?

So you are suggesting that there is something immature about

a) Letting people know that mintpal is scamming people by stealing thousands of dollars ?
and
b) Letting off steam on someone who made up countless lies and then went on a spamming spree all over the cryptocurrency subreddits regarding NXT being a scam?

You must be new to this game, the NXT hatred in the crypto community is overwhelming and as someone who has had to put up with it for 2.5 months I am sick and tired of it, because it never ever ends.

I'm going to be terribly blunt here, but a marketeer or sales rep who loses his cool is the one that sells jack.
Shouting at anyone in any professional atmosphere is a sure fire way to get fired or lose your commission.

It's a sign of not having a clear view of what your objectives are, which should be to present your product/cause/whatever in as positive a light as possible.

YOU are the face to the outside world. YOU are the one people are going to be thinking of when they hear Nxt.

Enthousiasm means nothing when it turns into a shouting match because you can't handle that people might not be as "in" to the product you love.

I know this is probably not going to go down well with you, but I am not going to sugarcoat it. Being in marketing means swallowing your feelings of wanting to strangle someone and putting them aside for the long term view.

Of course, I have worked in sales and marketing. This wasn't any "official NXT" marketing. This was a goddamn subreddit comment, nothing else, nothing more.
I was not in any shape, way or form representing myself as any "official NXTer", I was a random FUTURISM enthusiast discussing cryptos in a futurology subreddit. HUGE difference.
Just because people work on NXT does not mean they should in all areas of their life adopt this centralized personality.

If this had been a marketing gig then it would be completely different. Too much drama in this community.
salsacz (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:08:44 PM

repost
people assigned to this little project are having a lack of time problems, so we are looking for someone who could help with writing the letter to the univerisites/tech people.

I agree, we need articles/theses/dissertations first. It would be fantastic, if you wrote a letter - an invitation to Nxt for those people -  academics, philosophers, developers, entrepreneurs... Sending the letter to 1.000 universities would be easy for me, I just need a letter Cheesy

This is a difficult task, because these people will be very intelligent as well as have limited time. So we need to present NXT in a few paragraphs that will convince even those who have no idea what cryptocurrencies are to take a look. It will need to highlight what problems NXT intends to solve, how NXT will solve them, and how the person who is reading the paper can make a meaningful contribution.

Additionally, it would have to look very "refined" (something we could print out on a pamphlet, for example) yet clearly indicate that this letter is from the NXT community as a whole.

Maybe Anon could help me with this Wink

it should be quite short with links to wiki, short introduction, maybe with some open questions so the reader could think - oh, this is what I could help with, but most important would be language - to persuade a reader this is worth of sime attention.

we should not rely on the wiki (as much as possible) to convince the reader, and write same very convincing arguments to use NXT, which was my original goal.

some points written by panda are here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G9D0s8TQO8DpQkAZudRkyM1TPUldakw16IUbo2iSkOc/edit
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:13:53 PM

Of course, I have worked in sales and marketing. This wasn't any "official NXT" marketing. This was a goddamn subreddit comment, nothing else, nothing more.
I was not in any shape, way or form representing myself as any "official NXTer", I was a random FUTURISM enthusiast discussing cryptos in a futurology subreddit. HUGE difference.
Just because people work on NXT does not mean they should in all areas of their life adopt this centralized personality.

If this had been a marketing gig then it would be completely different. Too much drama in this community.

You are visible as a moderator of the /r/Nxt subreddit. For people this means you are at least more representative than a normal member.

The point I'm making is not that you are "official" or not. It's that it doesn't help, and then you try to blame it on the others. Sorry, that doesn't wash.

This is the internet. People are bound to disagree. You seem to take it almost personally.

The drama is not caused by people trying to point this out, by the way. Don't try to turn this around and make it about the people disagreeing with your way of posting.

Yes, I totally disagree with the way you blow up at people. Especially because you are in the promotion group. If you are in there, and basically show one face when in marketing, but then a totally other when private, that worries me rather a lot.

This is the thread to talk about these things. It's about the ways we do things. If you want to do that somewhere else, great, but they are important to speak out loud instead of just avoiding them because we're afraid of a bit of a fight.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:17:08 PM

Dam: it is impossible to deal with him in last days, all you get is a wall of personal attacks

I think here is one example of independent opinion:
http://np.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/1z3axx/do_you_want_to_know_why_nxt_is_a_scam_not_just/
"You're not really giving off a good image of NXT either."
- Written by Krivvan, who probably doesn't own Nxt but cares only about Bitcoin and Vertcoin.
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:19:39 PM

You are visible as a moderator of the /r/Nxt subreddit. For people this means you are at least more representative than a normal member.

The point I'm making is not that you are "official" or not. It's that it doesn't help, and then you try to blame it on the others. Sorry, that doesn't wash.

This is the internet. People are bound to disagree. You seem to take it almost personally.

The drama is not caused by people trying to point this out, by the way. Don't try to turn this around and make it about the people disagreeing with your way of posting.

Yes, I totally disagree with the way you blow up at people. Especially because you are in the promotion group. If you are in there, and basically show one face when in marketing, but then a totally other when private, that worries me rather a lot.

This is the thread to talk about these things. It's about the ways we do things. If you want to do that somewhere else, great, but they are important to speak out loud instead of just avoiding them because we're afraid of a bit of a fight.

I am so fucking done with this that the heat death of the universe will occur before I give a single fuck about this vacuous drama one more time.
My last words on this topic: there are quite a few toxic people in this community.

And to be sure: I am not 2 different people when in a official marketing setting and not. But the ONLY thing was worthy of criticism was my use of SWEAR WORDS. The rest was 100% on point 100% justified. The guy was bashing NXT all over reddit with blatant lies. Claiming we hold NXT off exchanges to inflate the price. That we're all in a premine scam etc.

The ONLY thing you can critize is the usage of swear words and *that* is something I have the full right to do in my personal life, but wouldn't do in a official setting. Just like you don't walk around with a suit on in your home, but you do so in the proper setting. That is a completely differente matter.
The fact that I have to sit here and defend myself over this is just fucking stupid and I wont do it anymore.

Conclusion: people in this community needs to get their shit together and stop worrying about what language a person use in his PERSONAL comments when not representing NXT in any shape way or form. Jesus
Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:29:58 PM

I am so fucking done with this that the heat death of the universe will occur before I give a single fuck about this vacuous drama one more time.
My last words on this topic: there are quite a few toxic people in this community.

And to be sure: I am not 2 different people when in a official marketing setting and not. But the ONLY thing was worthy of criticism was my use of SWEAR WORDS. The rest was 100% on point 100% justified. The guy was bashing NXT all over reddit with blatant lies. Claiming we hold NXT off exchanges to inflate the price. That we're all in a premine scam etc.

The ONLY thing you can critize is the usage of swear words and *that* is something I have the full right to do in my personal life, but wouldn't do in a official setting. Just like you don't walk around with a suit on in your home, but you do so in the proper setting. That is a completely differente matter.
The fact that I have to sit here and defend myself over this is just fucking stupid and I wont do it anymore.

Conclusion: people in this community needs to get their shit together and stop worrying about what language a person use in his PERSONAL comments when not representing NXT in any shape way or form. Jesus

If you want to comment as a person, go ahead.
Then don't do it from your subreddit moderator account. Take off the digital suit.

Also, if you want to behave in a way that reflects badly on the Nxt community, go ahead, but then don't act surprised if people call you on it.

Because Í and others have to talk in those threads too! And Í and others get called on that behaviour!

Remember all the people who got into trouble with their jobs because of "personal" comments on their Facebook pages? Go tell thém the story about how you can totally separate personal and non-personal. Google is your friend there.

You are misrepresenting my points by trying to make it something petty as "swear words". My my.
I have tried to deal fairly, and I said this would not go down well. Well, that's certainly true.

I'm done with talking to you about this, as it's clear you are unwilling to even listen.

And that's a pity. You've done good things and still do. I agree with some points and some not. That shouldn't matter. But clearly you don't like to be contradicted.

/done

CoinTropolis_JustaBitTime

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:22:53 PM

http://m.spiegel.de/netzwelt/web/a-955763.html#spRedirectedFrom=www&referrrer=

Please spread.
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:11:09 PM

A short introduction on Why Proof of Stake is Here to Stay.
I think I already asked somewhere, but.. Will it be finished? Smiley
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:59:58 AM

Hello everybody again !

A great article was posted  on tomshw.it , Share , comment and teewt this article on the social media!!

http://www.tomshw.it/cont/news/nextcoin-promettente-criptovaluta-amica-dell-ambiente/53411/1.html

This is an italian magazine , and this is a tweet : https://twitter.com/Nxtgids/status/434691190156300290

the address number is in my signature , any donation will be appreciated .

Thanks
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:04:44 AM

redsn0w: this is 4th time you post this text in this topic. Are you author of the text? I already prepared a little bounty for you in the gdoc yesterday
mthcl

Activity: 376
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:02:22 PM

I'm almost sure that someone already mentioned this, but, just in case...

Should be good for marketing: there is a very fundamental difference between 51% attacks in PoS and PoW. In PoW, if somebody controls 51% of hashing power, he call kill not only, say, BTC, but also all of its clones that rely on the same kind of algorithm, with no additional cost.  In PoS, however, after spending a lot of money to get a sufficient stake and killing a coin, the bad guy would have to spend more and more money to kill the clones that the community may start after.
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:19:01 PM

thanks, Zahlen will be publishing an article about this:

- The 51% Attack - technical details, history of 51% attacks, how it ended, Nxt solution (is Nxt safer than other PoS currencies?) (Ghash's pool is risking Bitcoin's security again with 40% of the network's hashpower and no one is talking about it. Pools of PoW machines with enormous hashpower is Bitcoin's most pressing concern and biggest flaw right now. Nextcoin is the best answer to this. Why is it not being talked about more?) (= only my suggestions what could be there)
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:18:39 PM

web admins can now add a new Nxt giveaway: http://ccgiveaways.com/
Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 07:13:19 PM

web admins can now add a new Nxt giveaway: http://ccgiveaways.com/

I was wondering about this.
So this is legit and not just a way to get hold of email adresses?

Also, they need to update where to get the wallet Smiley

powerfull

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 07:24:32 PM

it begins the new world of virtual coin
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 07:25:31 PM

Ok so I tested it, they even have a referral, so you can test ref too: http://goo.gl/Hm3m4z
(but it is little strange, they send you 1 coin and have to pay 1 fee)
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:25:19 AM

Moving on quickly....back to marketing.

Just had an idea, so I'm gonna quickly post it, then run away for an hour or 2.....

NXT promotional vehicle.
Beg/borrow/steal/hire a nice vehicle (I'm thinking Tesla roadster here, tbh)
http://www.teslamotors.com/nl_NL/roadster

Get some NXT stickers/magnetic signs made up for it, then park it outside a conference.
Perfect for Toronto, considering how much money they want to let people inside.

Might work for Amsterdam, but I have a feeling parking spots could be a problem.
But, Hell, I like go-fast, I'm gonna see if I can find one.....the Tesla is such a perfect fit for NXT, I'm loving this idea.

Good idea. Maybe we even should get in contact with them and tell them about our system with Raspi and solar energy where you can forge with for free.

Tesla is building a huge solar park at the moment for themselfs to create new batteries for cars.

I think we match with Tesla also. Let's try to make it official. Or is that too expensive?

I have a friend working there as an engineer.

If we cannot be a sponsor maybe we can talk about a NXT payment system to buy a Tesla car from their website.

Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:11:13 AM

Moving on quickly....back to marketing.

Just had an idea, so I'm gonna quickly post it, then run away for an hour or 2.....

NXT promotional vehicle.
Beg/borrow/steal/hire a nice vehicle (I'm thinking Tesla roadster here, tbh)
http://www.teslamotors.com/nl_NL/roadster

Get some NXT stickers/magnetic signs made up for it, then park it outside a conference.
Perfect for Toronto, considering how much money they want to let people inside.

Might work for Amsterdam, but I have a feeling parking spots could be a problem.
But, Hell, I like go-fast, I'm gonna see if I can find one.....the Tesla is such a perfect fit for NXT, I'm loving this idea.

Good idea. Maybe we even should get in contact with them and tell them about our system with Raspi and solar energy where you can forge with for free.

Tesla is building a huge solar park at the moment for themselfs to create new batteries for cars.

I think we match with Tesla also. Let's try to make it official. Or is that too expensive?

I have a friend working there as an engineer.

If we cannot be a sponsor maybe we can talk about a NXT payment system to buy a Tesla car from their website.

The idea is great, but I think NXT is still too much in it's infancy too get "NXT accepted here" at Tesla.
If you look at the trading volume for a 24h period, it's basically 1 single Tesla.
If Tesla suddenly started accepting NXT then the big hoarders would all suddenly put in a order for a Tesla or 5 (for resale in fiat money), which would leave NXT's price dead.
How do I know this would happen? 99% of all merchants that accept Bitcoin INSTANTLY turn the money into fiat, Bitpay does this for them automatically. It works for Bitcoin because it has hundreds of thousands of users, but for NXT it would crash and burn instantly...

We have to work on getting NXT into more hands first before big merchants can accept us.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:15:07 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 09:42:08 AM by redsn0w

redsn0w: this is 4th time you post this text in this topic. Are you author of the text? I already prepared a little bounty for you in the gdoc yesterday

Hi , I helped the author ( Valerio ) to write  the article , Did you see the screenshot, and all other things ?

http://www.tomshw.it/files/2014/02/immagini_contenuti/53411/nxt-client_t.png

Thanks for the *bounty* , and excuse me for the repeated post  Undecided
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:44:51 AM

http://crypt.la/2014/03/01/top-100-digital-currencies-by-social-media-presence/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: