Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:59:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gavin will visit the Council on Foreign Relations  (Read 54974 times)
BBmodBB

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 08:52:45 PM

I'm usually pretty careful not to call people names.  Did I screw up?

I DO think there are lots of crazy conspiracy theories. I might even believe some of them myself, but that doesn't make me crazy (just "almost certainly wrong.").

RE: child exploitation:  Good example.  We all agree that child exploitation is BAD, right?

We might disagree about what (if anything) we should DO about it, but isn't it worth discussing whether or not there is something we MIGHT do about it?  For example, maybe offering mostly-anonymous bounties to reward anybody who gives information that leads to the arrest and conviction of people abusing children for profit or pleasure is a good idea.  Maybe those bounties could be paid in Bitcoin.

Maybe that is a terrible idea that will have awful consequences, but instead of rational discussion there's a knee-jerk GOVERNMENT BAD! that, in my humble opinion, is counter-productive to making the world a better place.

I don't like people assuming that they know what I'm thinking, or assume that because I'm willing to talk to people that I agree with those people, or assume that because I'm pragmatic about regulation I "want regulation."  For the record:  I'm mostly libertarian, I think we'd be just fine if we replaced 99.911% of regulations with voluntary, private, market-based solutions. But that ain't gonna happen any time soon.

you see this thread? why is this ponzi type scheme even here!!!!>>  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=549485.0

*are you behind this? Why would the Bitcoin Foundation let this stay here? ideas? thanks, your friend BB

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:30:09 PM

you see this thread? why is this ponzi type scheme even here!!!!>>  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=549485.0

*are you behind this? Why would the Bitcoin Foundation let this stay here? ideas? thanks, your friend BB

What does the bitcoin foundation have to do with that? And under what authority would the foundation tell people what they should and shouldn't do with their money? The foundation advocates for bitcoin, they do not make rules.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
mikeh2

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:53:48 PM

http://www.corbettreport.com/interview-901-james-perloff-exposes-the-cfr-agenda/
waldox

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 03:15:02 PM

i think the cfr/cia want gavin there to size him up

cia and cfr are controlled by the bankers who get their power from being able to print fiat
they are obviously anti-bitcoin, no need to persuade them.

just like what the govt did to charlie shrem,
they befriended him and invited him to talks/senate hearings/etc and got him to speak about his associations with silk road
eventually they put him in jail on trumped up charges

becareful when you dance with the devil

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   * Dental Hygiene Cleaning in Toronto & Mississauga accepts Bitcoin  * Downtown Toronto Real Estate Realtor Blog & News * Toronto House Evaluation * Toronto Dental Cleaning Hygiene Centre
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:20:03 PM

I havent read this entire thread, I have my own mixed feelings about this all considering the magnitude of what you are about to experience. However I will give you this forewarning now because I am obliged to remind you now.

You do not speak for all crypto currencies.

What you are about to engage in is an establishment who favors control. Cryptos allows freedom towards the end user and not towards the establishment, and I can not think of a worse establishment than the CFR. Essentially you are walking into the lions den of aristocrats attempting to understand a concept that is foreign to them (pun intended), with their intentions of how to utilize this new technology to their advantage.

FYI: The event is over, not coming up. Other than that your advice and warnings are solid. Smiley

Gianluca95
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1196

Reputation first.

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:22:25 PM

Council on Foreign Relations? Rockefeller family and much other? Is Gavin Andresen a possible freemason? I hope no.

That isn't a good thing for Bitcoin.  Angry

█████████████████████████████
███▀█████████████████████▀███
███  ▀▀███████████████▀▀  ███
███     ████▀▀ ▀▀████     ███
███     ██▀       ▀██     ███
███     ██         ██     ███
███     ██▄       ▄██     ███
███     ████▄▄ ▄▄████     ███
███  ▄▄███████████████▄▄  ███
███▄█████████████████████▄███
.Mixin Safe.

▄███████▄     
██▀   ▀██
             ▄███████▄
██▄   ▄██             ██▀   ▀██
▀███████▀             ██▄   ▄██
   ███     ▄███████▄  ▀███████▀
   ███▀▀   ██▀   ▀██     ███
   █████   ██▄   ▄██     ███▀▀
   ▀▀▀     ▀███████▀     █████
              ███        ▀▀▀
              ███▀▀
              █████
              ▀▀▀
2/3 Multisig Decentralized
Bitcoin Custody Solutions
💎
💪
🔓
CONFIDENT
RELIABLE
RECOVERABLE
..GET STARTED..
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 04:02:31 PM

Council on Foreign Relations? Rockefeller family and much other? Is Gavin Andresen a possible freemason? I hope no.

No, Gavin is a space alien and CIA asset. It would be silly to think that he's a Freemason.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:32:26 PM

i think the cfr/cia want gavin there to size him up

cia and cfr are controlled by the bankers who get their power from being able to print fiat
they are obviously anti-bitcoin, no need to persuade them.

just like what the govt did to charlie shrem,
they befriended him and invited him to talks/senate hearings/etc and got him to speak about his associations with silk road
eventually they put him in jail on trumped up charges

becareful when you dance with the devil

Here is the public side of the event, he defiantly comes across as honest and instills a lot of trust in Bitcoin.:
http://www.cfr.org/economics/can-bitcoin-go-mainstream/p32339

Who knows what happened behind the scenes, anyway, to add to conspiracy theory soon after, Gavin resigned as the Bitcoin Lead developerr.  On that front I’m waiting with bated breath to hear him say something condemning  the idea of modifying the protocol to assist in coin taint or “green listing”.

and then this prediction came to pass.
He did a great job of ELI5ing to our globalist masters. I think he convinced them to corner the market. They will probably start by closing down a major exchange and crashing the price. Then they will indict major Bitcoin personalities on trumped up charges. Then they will start rumors of bans on Bitcoin in major countries. They will continue shock and awe tactics until they shake out every weak hand and buy enough bitcoins to continue their family legacies into the next centuries.

Sickly accurate, cbeast = nom de plume - Michel de Nostredame  Huh

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
Gianluca95
Legendary

Reputation first.

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:50:07 PM

No, Gavin is a space alien and CIA asset. It would be silly to think that he's a Freemason.

No, Gavin is a rettilian man. I hope that he isn't a freemason. I know that would be silly, but is better that he won't visit that place.

.Mixin Safe.

▄███████▄     
██▀   ▀██
             ▄███████▄
              ███        ▀▀▀
              ███▀▀
              █████
              ▀▀▀
💎
💪
🔓
CONFIDENT
RELIABLE
RECOVERABLE
..GET STARTED..
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:32:08 PM

Who knows what happened behind the scenes, anyway, to add to conspiracy theory soon after, Gavin resigned as the Bitcoin Lead developerr.  On that front I’m waiting with bated breath to hear him say something condemning  the idea of modifying the protocol to assist in coin taint or “green listing”.
I think we're being played for fools.

Gavin does a good job of playing the "good cop" by telling the community what we want to hear, knowing that very few people will wait around and see if the speeches turn into effective action.

While he was giving a State of Bitcoin speech extolling the need for alternate implementations, Jeff Garzik and Mike Hearn (the bad cops) were busy on GitHub to blocking every effort developers of those alternate implementations were making to try to make what he was talking about a reality.

See:

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/2900
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/3982

Wait a minute, I thought he retired from that position? https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/2900#issuecomment-45892726

Let's review:

If you want something, DO IT.
waldox

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 06:43:54 PM

the cfr knows exactly what bitcoin is, they are not stupid

this is more about trying to influence gavin and see what weaknesses they can exploit with bitcoin (trying to centralize certain parts of it)
so they can coop the bitcoin movement and ultimately control it

the CFR is all about control, world domination by any means possible, that includes war and death

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   * Dental Hygiene Cleaning in Toronto & Mississauga accepts Bitcoin  * Downtown Toronto Real Estate Realtor Blog & News * Toronto House Evaluation * Toronto Dental Cleaning Hygiene Centre
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:23:30 PM

I think Gavin underestimates how cunning and evil the forces of darkness are. 

Gianluca95
Legendary

Reputation first.

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:26:12 PM

Exactly. I hope that Gavin won't go to the Council on Foreign Relations.. Angry

.Mixin Safe.

▄███████▄     
██▀   ▀██
             ▄███████▄
              ███        ▀▀▀
              ███▀▀
              █████
              ▀▀▀
💎
💪
🔓
CONFIDENT
RELIABLE
RECOVERABLE
..GET STARTED..
Bagatell

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:29:39 PM

It already happened  Wink

http://youtu.be/BgFUAhz7h2U
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:19:33 AM

It already happened  Wink

http://youtu.be/BgFUAhz7h2U

Just realized I never watched Gavin talking to the Council of Foreign Relations
Thanks for the treat something to do between World Cup Matches Smiley

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 11:40:18 PM

The public interview was not the important part of the conversation.  I for one would welcome Gavin's field report.

You'll be waiting on that one for a while. He starts these news threads then hardly ever returns to them. The only ones that warrant a second look are the ones where he's being attacked. I doubt he really looked at those twice. Most likely someone told him, "hey dude, LukeJr is talking shit about you in your thread" so he responded.
Uh, what?

ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 02:34:33 AM

The public interview was not the important part of the conversation.  I for one would welcome Gavin's field report.

You'll be waiting on that one for a while. He starts these news threads then hardly ever returns to them. The only ones that warrant a second look are the ones where he's being attacked. I doubt he really looked at those twice. Most likely someone told him, "hey dude, LukeJr is talking shit about you in your thread" so he responded.
Uh, what?

No, dude.  This is Gavin-bait.

I try to be respectful and informed.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 05:07:07 AM

The stanky stank smell of cryptofiat has been following me everywhere, since that meeting.

Does anyone else notice it ? Or is it just me ? Roll Eyes

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 06:31:45 AM

Uh, what?

No, dude.  This is Gavin-bait.

You're right. That was Gavin-bait. Well David Rabahy it's been six months and still no field report. Maybe next year. lol

Gavin Andresen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 08:41:39 PM

You're right. That was Gavin-bait. Well David Rabahy it's been six months and still no field report. Maybe next year. lol

Huh what? Field report from my talk at the CFR?

I barely remember it, there were probably 50 people in suits in the audience, nobody I recognized. The whole thing is on video, there were no secret meetings, I got there 10 minutes before my talk and left 10 minutes after (I had a bunch of interviews with DC-based journalists scheduled... and I think that was the trip I had lunch with Jim Harper and got a tour of Cato, although I might be mis-remembering).

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: