Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:32:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946566 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rizardus

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:14:08 PM

look on comments on crypto-trade

https://crypto-trade.com/news/47

i hate this trolls, they cant mine this on start and now hating everywhere
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 12:20:03 PM

i dont get it... why this 24/7 trollin?

for those who cant stop whining; go and mine something else, there is enough coinstuff out there. if this coin should fail you will not be afflicted. so whats the problem?
phreakk

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:35:12 PM

i dont get it... why this 24/7 trollin?

for those who cant stop whining; go and mine something else, there is enough coinstuff out there. if this coin should fail you will not be afflicted. so whats the problem?

Maybe people don't want others to get screwed?

There a ton of posts about issues with this coin, its not just a few people trolling.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     █▀█▄              █▀ ▀█▄
     █  ▀█▄          ▄█     ▀█▄
     █    ▀█▄       █▀         ▀▄
     █       █▄   ▄█             ▀█▄
     █         ▀▄█▀                ▀█▄
     █          ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
     █         ██▌ █▄                ▄█▀
     █        █▌█▌   █▄            ▄▀
     █       ▐▌ █     ▀█▄       ▄█▀
     █      ▐█  █       ▀█▄   ▄█▀
     █      █  ▐█         ▀█▄▀
     █     █   ▐▌           ▀▄
     █    █   ▄▀ ▀█▄▄         ▀▄
     █   █▀ ▄█       ▀█▄▄       ▀▄
     █  █▌ █▀            ▀█▄▄     █▄
     █ ▐▌▄█                  ▀█▄▄  ▀█▄
     █▐██▀                       ▀█▄ ▀█▄
     ██▀                            ▀▀███
     █
RATEONIUM

GLOBAL BLOCKCHAIN BASED PRODUCT
██  ██
SERVICE RATING PLATFORM
██  ██

Twitter       Telegram     Reddit
█ RATE █    █ TRADE  █   █ INVEST █
Eugen3

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:00:20 PM

hello all

i want to make some things VERY clear.....because of all the fud im getting here,the UTC team is trying to make something positive and everyday im battling another army of trolls, who seems to be blackbelts in the exercise of futility> UTC is trying to be a counterpart for scamcoins and pump and dump scemes by presenting a long term ambition,so i will take the time here to rebuke every troll, and take away their ammunition by providing logic and common sense (2 great enemys of the troll)

The removing of comments:

"THIS THREAD IS SELF MODERATED , TROLLING  AND BASELESS ACUSATIONS ARE REMOVED WITHOUT WARNING"

This statement has been on this thread from day 1,so coming here means you are aware of this fact,so if you are suprised by this fact you did not even read the mean post, which proves you are just here to spread fud in a febel attempt to destabalise what we are trying to achieve here (or devaluate UTC so you can buy cheap and make alot of profit).

-Negative comments are NOT removed if they have a form of argumentation. that means you make a claim and then provide evidence. so statements like "this coins is an ultrascammmm!!!" and then nothing else are removed,because this is not t theory backed by supporting evidenece, ,its just shouting some fud and then leaving to troll somewhere else.....

So if you are merely coming here to throw feces like a primate , your comment will be removed.

I welcome and love a challenge (be it a venture or an intellectual challenge),so if you have criticism , go ahead, it will not be removed,if you substantiate your claim with a case, where you have used adult words and logic to formulate a hypothesis around it it will not be removed.......so saying "i told you all this coin was shit! there will be a mega dump" has none of the features i have just described,and this comment adds nothing positive to this thread....This is not contributing in any way.

-I wish to publicly speak out the disgust i have for some comments here , which are blatant lies, and the people responsible should be very ashamed of themselves,forexample "PM bumface for a  secret miner that has more hash it costs 0,5btc".This comment really hurt me, and people who know me, know that i could not code to save my life,i can program a wake up alarm on my telefone , and thats it.....

The launch

-there were problems at launch with the pools and 1 day later they were resolved,because many devs of differrent pools were working together in an IRC called #ultracoin-ops,and it worked becasue they went deep into the night to fix it, and the next day most pools were up.The reason our own pool is not yet up, is because our dev made a custom front end , and its not standard mpos.....If we had standard mpos our pools would be up already...His apache was conlicting with php, dont ask me what this means becasue i am not a Dev, in a good team you need to have partners with complementairy skillsets,,and not be clones of eachother.

I hoped to have pools on launch but we just did not make it in time, our pool deve even worked all night to try to finish it, but we didint make it, and i felt horrible becasue i said registration would open days before that.Everything in this world can be taken away from a man but not his word.So i truly apologise for this.A launch with some hickups does not reflect on the future of this coin,so we are not worried about this.

The premine

-The premine: ALL coins in the premine and where they went were public from day 1,People have accused me of making up the existence of shareholders,but i assure you they are very real,and if there are stakeholders out there who want to come forth, please quote this post and say "I am a stakeholder"

As was visible from day 1,I get 100.000 UTC and i dont even have them yet, so i have not sold a single coin,i am still in the middle of distributing rewards, and stakeholders coin.I also made public is that my personal selling goal is 10 dollar,and we are not 10 dollar.

To conclude this statement i wish to assure you that many wonderfull things are in the pipeline for UTC,and will be rolled out in the future,we are discussing with various partys how we can make future partnerships.
I would also like to thank all the people who do see the potential and are trying to be an active community around UTC, we value this greatly! Grin

I am a stakeholder and I have opted to make my address publicly identifiable when the ledger is posted.  Keep an eye on it, as I am not going to 'dump' these for a while.  In fact, I intend to purchase more UTC on the open market and add it to my balance.  This is the opposite of what the trolls have been guaranteeing stakeholders will do.

Fast block scrypt jane PoS hybrid with dedicated dev and marketing team sounds too good to be true.  Since it is real, UTC is my new favorite coin.  All the trolls, who from the very start, have made it their mission to FUD the hell out of this endeavor do not even deserve responses.

It's time for UTC!
derBruchpilotPro

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:21:30 PM

There is a bit of truth in that what magnat and herbitcoins said.

I guess it's hard to get the balance in a coin with diff and premined sold coins, since I see no possibility to test that before, what I will say is: (edit: you can't test with that much miners)

I'm sure that that bumface and his devs intentions are right, but this situation is not exactly what they had planned before.

Maybe a change in the coin, to make mining a bit easier would make the things better?

NEM/XEM!!!
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 01:28:22 PM

whats so difficult to mine these coins?

pools are here and enough posts to get solo running. sorry but i dont see the problem. if someone wants to mine and is able to read logically he/she WILL mine ultracoins.

or do you mean the hashrate? i also want bitcoin to be easier to mine again but hmm, dont think they will change anything...
derBruchpilotPro

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:38:05 PM

I mean, its the balance between the premined and the coins we could mine in the next days before UTC gets on the exchange.

Grrr, my english isn't good enough to explain that exaclty... hope somebody understands what I mean.

The difference would be, that it's harder that we get dumped to the ground by the stakeholders with cheap coins, cause the price keeps generally a bit lower in the next time.
At this point, there's the danger that the price drops under the costs of the miners, thats what some people fear I think.

Please correct me when I'm wrong, but thats the situation I see here.

NEM/XEM!!!
cointradero

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:58:36 PM

I mean, its the balance between the premined and the coins we could mine in the next days before UTC gets on the exchange.

Grrr, my english isn't good enough to explain that exaclty... hope somebody understands what I mean.

The difference would be, that it's harder that we get dumped to the ground by the stakeholders with cheap coins, cause the price keeps generally a bit lower in the next time.
At this point, there's the danger that the price drops under the costs of the miners, thats what some people fear I think.

Basically, yes, that's the fear.  If the difficulty goes up to say 30, but the price doesn't budge because stakeholders can dump at anything above .005 and make a profit, then it would be completely unprofitable to mine. 
Some may say this scenario is unlikely, but if the price hangs around .01 for any length of time after the larger exchange opens, then it is a real possibility. 

Then I only see two scenarios, a race to the bottom, or slim mining support and poor adoption that keep the coin marginally profitable but can't go anywhere due to a lack of support in the community.

Of course, exactly the opposite could happen and the price could go up and stakeholders keep holding.  If the market stays between the miners and greater adoption happens with the advent of scrypt asics,  the price may go up a lot to meet the slim amount of coins each miner will earn. 

That's probably my main problem with this coin right now is that it's in the hands of 38 different people instead of just a couple.  If it's just a few and the premine  address is public, you can at least know what their intentions are.  We have 38 people holding more coins than the entire community can mine in two weeks and we have no idea what they are going to do.  It makes it more of a gamble than usual. 
Chrisvallee

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:59:16 PM

You are wrong, it is currently on an exchange , and nobody is dumping coins.
wing_hk

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:01:11 PM

Here's my advice for UTC promotion:

Should let people know clearly UTC's stake feature. It's a reason why I like UTC but I can only find 1 sentence in P1 about this.

The more stake details are explained, the more people will want to hold UTC and won't sell it at cheap price.

Here's another coins with POS feature I like. Their really make a clear instruction for mining POS coins:
http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Proof_of_Stake

I suggest adding following details in Page1/Official website:

(1) We know it's about 20% annually but what's the min. time for get 1st POS coin? (e.g. 10 days for 0.5~1.5%)

(2) Clear instruction for optimal POS coins mining. (e.g. in the link above, unlock wallet if encrypted, must without transaction)
lovebit

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:12:44 PM

I said it before and I will say it again "I Am A Stakeholder" with 20,000 coins - I have not sold and will never "dump".  I am a long term investor, I invested cheaply in many coins and am waiting several years to see where they go.  Even then, I won't "dump" as that drives the price down.  I leave my funds in crypto - don't like fiat - and I only cash out in small amounts when needed as I am already doing well financially.

As for the trolls - look at the flip side of this - a lot of trolls is actually a good sign - these are people who desperately want more coins, but they are trying to drive the price down before buying by bad-mouthing the coin.  If there was no demand for the coin, there would be no trolls.
Ruckster2010

Activity: 90

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:19:09 PM

hello all

i want to make some things VERY clear.....because of all the fud im getting here,the UTC team is trying to make something positive and everyday im battling another army of trolls, who seems to be blackbelts in the exercise of futility> UTC is trying to be a counterpart for scamcoins and pump and dump scemes by presenting a long term ambition,so i will take the time here to rebuke every troll, and take away their ammunition by providing logic and common sense (2 great enemys of the troll)

The removing of comments:

"THIS THREAD IS SELF MODERATED , TROLLING  AND BASELESS ACUSATIONS ARE REMOVED WITHOUT WARNING"

This statement has been on this thread from day 1,so coming here means you are aware of this fact,so if you are suprised by this fact you did not even read the mean post, which proves you are just here to spread fud in a febel attempt to destabalise what we are trying to achieve here (or devaluate UTC so you can buy cheap and make alot of profit).

-Negative comments are NOT removed if they have a form of argumentation. that means you make a claim and then provide evidence. so statements like "this coins is an ultrascammmm!!!" and then nothing else are removed,because this is not t theory backed by supporting evidenece, ,its just shouting some fud and then leaving to troll somewhere else.....

So if you are merely coming here to throw feces like a primate , your comment will be removed.

I welcome and love a challenge (be it a venture or an intellectual challenge),so if you have criticism , go ahead, it will not be removed,if you substantiate your claim with a case, where you have used adult words and logic to formulate a hypothesis around it it will not be removed.......so saying "i told you all this coin was shit! there will be a mega dump" has none of the features i have just described,and this comment adds nothing positive to this thread....This is not contributing in any way.

-I wish to publicly speak out the disgust i have for some comments here , which are blatant lies, and the people responsible should be very ashamed of themselves,forexample "PM bumface for a  secret miner that has more hash it costs 0,5btc".This comment really hurt me, and people who know me, know that i could not code to save my life,i can program a wake up alarm on my telefone , and thats it.....

The launch

-there were problems at launch with the pools and 1 day later they were resolved,because many devs of differrent pools were working together in an IRC called #ultracoin-ops,and it worked becasue they went deep into the night to fix it, and the next day most pools were up.The reason our own pool is not yet up, is because our dev made a custom front end , and its not standard mpos.....If we had standard mpos our pools would be up already...His apache was conlicting with php, dont ask me what this means becasue i am not a Dev, in a good team you need to have partners with complementairy skillsets,,and not be clones of eachother.

I hoped to have pools on launch but we just did not make it in time, our pool deve even worked all night to try to finish it, but we didint make it, and i felt horrible becasue i said registration would open days before that.Everything in this world can be taken away from a man but not his word.So i truly apologise for this.A launch with some hickups does not reflect on the future of this coin,so we are not worried about this.

The premine

-The premine: ALL coins in the premine and where they went were public from day 1,People have accused me of making up the existence of shareholders,but i assure you they are very real,and if there are stakeholders out there who want to come forth, please quote this post and say "I am a stakeholder"

As was visible from day 1,I get 100.000 UTC and i dont even have them yet, so i have not sold a single coin,i am still in the middle of distributing rewards, and stakeholders coin.I also made public is that my personal selling goal is 10 dollar,and we are not 10 dollar.

To conclude this statement i wish to assure you that many wonderfull things are in the pipeline for UTC,and will be rolled out in the future,we are discussing with various partys how we can make future partnerships.

I think you should post this on the 1st page

+1

It was once said that the strength of an idea is shown by the strength of those that oppose it.  Give 'em hell Bumface, quietly mining, quietly supporting.  Here is to the success of UTC.

http://UltracoinTalk.org/ - Ultracoin Forum   http://Ultracoin.net/ - Ultracoin Website http://CryptoTrain.net/ - Multipool   http://UltracoinPool.info/ - Pool
FoBoT

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:23:00 PM

on the one hand there are negative comments
on the other hand, there is like 1 Ghps mining this coin

hmmmm......

and there is something strange going on, after the diff goes up to 8, it starts to decrease almost to 5 and then it goes again up...

maybe since the diff algorithm is different, the behavior pattern will be different, i am looking forward to seeing a chart. if anyone knows of a chart site that would add utc, that would be very helpful. when the diff goes above ten, i am going to experiment with cpu mining on it, which is supposed to adaptively kick in at some high diff, not sure what point that is

if this is true, it will be interesting to see the large gpu farms leave.
Ruckster2010

Activity: 90

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:37:22 PM

Basically, yes, that's the fear.  If the difficulty goes up to say 30, but the price doesn't budge because stakeholders can dump at anything above .005 and make a profit, then it would be completely unprofitable to mine. 
Some may say this scenario is unlikely, but if the price hangs around .01 for any length of time after the larger exchange opens, then it is a real possibility. 

Then I only see two scenarios, a race to the bottom, or slim mining support and poor adoption that keep the coin marginally profitable but can't go anywhere due to a lack of support in the community.

Of course, exactly the opposite could happen and the price could go up and stakeholders keep holding.  If the market stays between the miners and greater adoption happens with the advent of scrypt asics,  the price may go up a lot to meet the slim amount of coins each miner will earn. 

That's probably my main problem with this coin right now is that it's in the hands of 38 different people instead of just a couple.  If it's just a few and the premine  address is public, you can at least know what their intentions are.  We have 38 people holding more coins than the entire community can mine in two weeks and we have no idea what they are going to do.  It makes it more of a gamble than usual. 

I understand the fear of which you guys speak.  From a market perspective though, lets look at a couple of things in concept, (I am using examples here, so lets not pick apart the details, just follow the concept).  1) This is a zero based market.  For every seller there must be a buyer.  For the purpose of this discussion, lets assume not everybody will dump at once (we have already heard from 3 stakeholders that will not, one of which is still buying).  For each person that sells, that makes another person buy at that price.  Once that other person buys, that is now their minimum price to sell and they want it to go up.  They also realise that this is a coin in its infancy,  They are not committing their life savings to it (if they are, they really want to see it flourish).  So if 19 people sold half the outstanding coins (half of 38 stakeholders), the new minimum price for the buyers is for what they bought it at. I also expect that there will be more buyers buying smaller amounts, thus spreading the wealth so to speak.  They want the price to go up as well.  2) Things are going to start slow.  Every coin that is now being mined is not going to be traded.  there are a lot of people that want to make a decent profit.  Everyone's idea of profit is different.  I do not see a huge coordinated dump here.

One last thought, trolls are great at talking,  Any troll who actually buys, wants to make a profit too.  They are not going to take a loss just to try to kill a coin, (at this point I am not sure they could buy enough anyway).  If they have bought, there is no purpose in trolling, it is counter productive to their bottom line.

http://UltracoinTalk.org/ - Ultracoin Forum   http://Ultracoin.net/ - Ultracoin Website http://CryptoTrain.net/ - Multipool   http://UltracoinPool.info/ - Pool
imginy

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:40:37 PM

Looking for some advice, Is it worth buying some utc on indie exchange for 0.008 of an ltc?
FoBoT

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:43:31 PM

the ratio of the pre-mine to the current mining production rate may be different than what the launchers predicted. i think the wildcard here was the amount of interest from miners. my WILD guess is they didn't plan for 1 Ghps within 24 hrs interest level from big gpu farms. the interest from big gpu farms must be indicative of belief this is a coin worth their hash rate, for FUTURE prices. i think the support from large miners who have tens of thousands of dollars in capital equipment costs and electricity bills is more noteworthy than comments from a competitive coin that hasn't seen this level of miner interest.
the at launch pool issue is regretful , but the fact is, mining is and should be a skill to some level. miners should get value based on their level of experience (like knowing how to solo mine) and expertise just as much as developers that code the coins or the developers that code the pools or those that have the skills to quickly setup pre-packaged pool software for a new coin launch or those that came up with the idea and have the reputation to garner this much interest out of the gate.

;tldr = have a nice day!  Smiley
derBruchpilotPro

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:44:39 PM

One last thought, trolls are great at talking,  Any troll who actually buys, wants to make a profit too.  They are not going to take a loss just to try to kill a coin, (at this point I am not sure they could buy enough anyway).  If they have bought, there is no purpose in trolling, it is counter productive to their bottom line.

Maybe we should spend them some UTC so they shut up. Wink

NEM/XEM!!!
x69an

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:45:03 PM

126.887433 UTC for sale. 0,125 BTC !
vizique
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1636

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:49:41 PM

I would have thought that anyone mining would have a minimum expectation of return that would be equal to roughly what they could get say mining Litecoin for example.
So even if they only spent a couple of days mining UTC, they're likely to wait until at least the value of UTC has got to that appropriate value level (equal to the value of LTC at the time of mining the UTC) and a proportion of those people are likely to sit it out for an even better return.
sydeu

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:55:49 PM

WTS 590 UTC for 0.295 BTC

My btc adress: 1fuAvp6fpYiii8y8Vr9G7LCPcn3wdDGPj
My reputation thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=391656.0
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: