Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:03:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] How to rent your rig on LEASERIG.NET - Scrypt & SHA256  (Read 33386 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
djeZo (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:48:32 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 12:07:50 AM by djeZo
Merited by suchmoon (19)

LeaseRig.net has changed the owner.
New official thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=544732.0

LeaseRig.net gives you better profit than multipools!

Official thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=414009
WARNING: NEWBIE PROVIDERS WITH NO REPUTATION ON THIS FORUM WILL HAVE TO MAKE SECURITY DEPOSIT TO GET LISTED ON LEASERIG.NET. SECURITY DEPOSITS PREVENT SCAMMERS TO JOIN THIS SERVICE AND ARE RETURNED AFTER 1 WEEK OF OPERATING ON LEASERIG.NET.

A. Simple method
(only stratum protocol is supported! stratum+tcp://...)

1. STEP: Contact me (djeZo) - send me PM

If you are newbie with no reputation on this forum, send me a personal message with request to get listed, but tell me total speed of the rigs you would like to put on.

I will return to you with deposit amount in BTC (generally, it is around 0.05 for rig of around 3-4 MH/s). After deposit is made, send me PM and include:
- mining rig names (choose on your own - alphanumeric characters)
- your trust/reputation thread (this is mandatory so customers can post feedback there) in here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=129.0

I will reply to you with access to admin panel on LeaseRig.net.

2. STEP: Setup LeaseRig Proxy

Download LeaseRig Proxy Software (Windows, Linux, BAMT, SMOS) (current latest version is v0.06a). Detailed instructions are in README.txt file. But to sum it up with an example if you have one rig to offer.

1. Extract all files.
2. Open pools.conf and configure your starting pools.
3. Edit run.bat file - change PUT-YOUR-ID-HERE with ID you get on admin panel.
4. Double click run.bat to run it.

3. STEP: Configure your mining rig to use proxy pool

cgminer -o stratum+tcp://127.0.0.1:3333 -u whatever -p whatever

THAT IS ALL. However, there are some more advanced options which you would like to check out (such as realtime speed stats). Just read README.txt file. You can connect as many as you like rigs to this proxy and total hash power will be combined.

Note#1: If you use antminer, it is recommended to flash your firmware to achieve better stability.

Note#2: if you previously used method B and switched over to method A, make sure your method B is disabled (either remove your mining rig URL from admin panel or make your cgminer API inaccessible for LeaseRig.net).

B. Advanced method

1. STEP: Make your miner accessible via static IP or static domain name. If your mining rig already has static IP, then you can skip this step.

Solution A (Windows only)
If your mining rig has dynamic IP, then you will have to use domain name. You can sort this on your own or you can use dyn dns service like this one: https://www.noip.com/sign-up
After you register and choose domain, login and download client (http://www.noip.com/download?page=win) which you have to run to keep your domain name updated with your IP address. Launch it and after it loads click "Edit Hosts" button. Then check your domain name and click "Save" button. That is it, just leave this program running - it will update your domain name to your IP every 5 minutes.

Solution B (Windows&Linux)
Install Python 2.7. Download this simple small python script (right click and save as). When you run it, you will need to provide parameters:
name - your nick name on this forum (if it contains spaces, encapsulate it with "")
password - your admin login password (you will receive that from me when you request to become provider)
rigid - is visible in admin panel for each rig (you get access when you request to become provider)
API-port - you choose this one next step

Then you simply run this script and you do not have to worry about IP changes - the script will auto update your IP on LeaseRig.net when your IP changes. You will have to run instance of this script for every rig you offer.

2. STEP: Configure cgminer, bfgminer,...(since many miners share same API, just follow this regardless of which miner you use)

You have to enable API listening on your cgminer. Following config options have to be added in cgminer config/command line:

Code:
--api-listen --api-allow W:89.212.242.33 --api-port 7777

You can choose whatever port you want, but you have to keep exactly IP 89.212.242.33. You can modify and create access rules. Following commands are needed to provide full functionality: summary, pools, switchpool, addpool, removepool, restart, save. Read API-README.txt in cgminer directory to get more details about cgminer API and how to configure access rules.

After checking API-README.txt, following should work:
Code:
--api-groups P:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:save:* --api-listen --api-allow P:89.212.242.33 --api-port 7777

For pool saving to properly work even after reboots or crashes, you need to specify config file in command line by adding (if using cgminer):

Code:
--config cgminer.conf

or (if using sgminer):

Code:
--config sgminer.conf

And include your startup pools inside that config file (NOT IN COMMAND LINE!).

3. STEP: Make sure miner is visible outside

If your mining rig is behind router (NAT), you need to configure your NAT. Forward API port of cgminer.

Once you configure NAT, you can verify cgminer API port here: http://www.checkmyports.net/
It must say OPENED, if not, then it is still closed and you did something wrong.

4. STEP: Verification

Verify your work (if all is properly configured) by visiting following URL from rig PC (must be same PC!):
http://leaserig.net/rigtest.jsp

Enter port of your choice and click Test button. The test should look like this:
Code:
Testing address: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:YYYY

Testing command "summary"... PASSED
STATUS=S,When=1391795452,Code=11,Msg=Summary,Description=cgminer 3.7.2|SUMMARY,Elapsed=7,MHS av=0.02,MHS 1s=0.02,Found Blocks=0,Getworks=1,Accepted=0,Rejected=0,Hardware Errors=0,Utility=0.00,Discarded=2,Stale=0,Get Failures=0,Local Work=8,Remote Failures=0,Network Blocks=1,Total MH=0.1252,Work Utility=42.24,Difficulty Accepted=0.00000000,Difficulty Rejected=0.00000000,Difficulty Stale=0.00000000,Best Share=8,Device Hardware%=0.0000,Device Rejected%=0.0000,Pool Rejected%=0.0000,Pool Stale%=0.0000|

Testing command "addpool"... PASSED
STATUS=S,When=1391795452,Code=55,Msg=Added pool 'http://leaserig.net:3333',Description=cgminer 3.7.2|

Testing command "pools"... PASSED
Contains data of added pool.

Testing command "switchpool"... PASSED
STATUS=S,When=1391795452,Code=27,Msg=Switching to pool 1:'http://leaserig.net:3333',Description=cgminer 3.7.2|

Waiting 10 seconds...

Testing command "removepool"...
PASSED STATUS=S,When=1391795462,Code=68,Msg=Removed pool 0:'stratum+tcp://usde.ny1.blockchasers.com:3333',Description=cgminer 3.7.2|

Testing command "save"... PASSED
STATUS=S,When=1391795462,Code=44,Msg=Configuration saved to file 'cgminer.conf',Description=cgminer 3.7.2|

Testing command "restart"... PASSED
RESTART

Waiting 10 seconds...

Testing command "pools"... PASSED
Contains data of added pool.

Checking pool priority... PASSED

Test complete! Everything seems to be OKAY.

5. STEP: Provide data to me (djeZo) - send me a personal message

NOTE: If you are newbie with no reputation, security deposit (which is hold for 1 week) is needed. It is usually around 0.05 BTC, depending on speed of your rig.

In PM, include for each mining rig:
- mining rig name (choose on your own - alphanumeric characters)
- your trust thread (MANDATORY so customers can post feedback there)

If you have additional questions regarding HOW-TO, please post them here (PM me only data for adding your mining rig). I will update this posts if there are additional questions.

A few items to add to the How To notes:

1) While LeaseRig will try to save your settings so that if a rig reboots the client doesn't lose all their miner information, this does not work with a custom config file. You should only use the default cgminer.conf file.

2) At one point LeaseRig saved some settings for me and apparently GPU-threads was not specified or saved properly; the result was that when cgminer restarted with the updated config file, hash rates were about 10% lower (and could have been much worse on some PCs!) thanks to the incorrect threads setting, so make sure to include -g 1 (or -g 2 if that's what you want) in your cgminer options and not just in the conf file.

3) CGWatcher does work with LeaseRig, and you can configure it to use other ports. On version 3.5.2, look in the Settings->Miner tab for the API port. The default is 4028, but I've successfully used other ports.

4) I've found Windows' Firewall doesn't play well with LeaseRig and had to disable it on at least a couple of my leased rigs; this is not always necessary, but if you're unable to get LeaseRig to see your system after configuring everything else properly, try disabling your firewall for a bit and see if that fixes the issue. If it does, you can either run without the firewall, or try to fix the problem.

Happy mining/leasing everybody!

Can add to 4th point; you need to either allow cgminer in your firewall rules or allow cgminer API port for incoming connections, then there should be no problems with Windows firewall.

FYI, for those using BAMT, the save call in the api will create a new cgminer.conf under /.cgminer/cgminer.conf  .
This is of course useless since BAMT starts cgminer pointed to /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf

A workaround is to schedule a job to check for updates to /.cgminer/cgminer.conf and overwrite /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf . This will restore your customers pools in the event that you need to reboot/power outage/etc. Unfortunately the cgminer.conf created is a bit over-complicated, and duplicates values for each of your GPUs, even if the values are the same for all of them... regardless it does work, and is the best for the customer.

Login to your BAMT box using ssh and perform the following:
sudo crontab -e
Add the following to the bottom of the crontab (This will check for updates every 5 minutes and only overwrite when changes are made)
Code:
*/5 * * * * cp -u /.cgminer/cgminer.conf /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf >/dev/null 2>&1
Exit (and save)

Also, please keep in mind that SMOS linux has a script that will periodically mine for the developers, thus robbing your customers of time. Use BAMT or SMOS bee edition, or manually remove the offending code.

Basically, to use CGWatcher, i simply only use the miner .conf file to hold my pool addresses, nothing else. Every other parameter should be defined in "CGwatcher > Profiles > Miner Arguments" field. That way, these parameters will override anything given in the .conf (except pool addresses), to avoid changes being made that could affect hashrate,which i read has happened to some people here. Make sure you also point the CGwatcher profile to the correct .conf (or you will have no pools!), not sure if this can have a custom name, since the argument isn't present (since CGwatcher throws it in a seperate field).

Here's an example of my initial configuration.

Example .conf:
Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://panda.united-miners.com:3311",
"user" : "Fattox.DigRig2",
"pass" : "x"
},
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://panda.nitro.org:3338",
"user" : "Fattox.DigRig2",
"pass" : "x"
}
]
}

Example parameters in CGwatcher:
Code:
--api-groups P:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:save:* --api-listen --api-allow W:89.212.242.33 --api-port 7778 --failover-only --expiry 2 --queue 0 --scan-time 1 --gpu-threads 1 --intensity 20 --vectors 1 --worksize 256 --thread-concurrency 24550 --gpu-engine 1000 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-powertune 20

Then after rental, your rig will switch back to the pools you define in the rig profile @ the LeaseRigs admin panel. So after the initial configuration, you probably never need to touch the .conf again... though i would always keep a backup, as you may need to re-copy it if your rig somehow restarts and the lease job never ends, or something, because then your own pools would possibly not be added back (or so i imagine!).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:59:30 PM

I know that instructions are a bit long. I will work on solution to get rid of step 1. Step 3 will not be there anymore once service goes out of beta and I start charging small fees. You will be receiving payments directly to your BTC address few times a day (auto payments).

rednalexa

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:03:49 PM

What is the payment for lets say each MH/s? Smiley

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:20:54 PM

What is the payment for lets say each MH/s? Smiley

You define payments (renting plans) on your own. Check this:

Updated GUIDE, now is simpler. Will try to get rid of first step somehow...

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:01:37 PM

Mining rig providers are needed! PM me with info so I can add you in!

tw0r

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:01:46 PM

Ill try it, but have some problems.
1) have managed accessible static IP
3) have set my router
4) can write you the setting

but

2) dont understand this part...summary, addpool, switchpool - I dont know what to set where - could you paste here the whole code?

Let's color the MOON: Y9o4ck6cAb1M8hzZrgd2L2uaJnNJcVp284
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:11:53 PM

Ill try it, but have some problems.
1) have managed accessible static IP
3) have set my router
4) can write you the setting

but

2) dont understand this part...summary, addpool, switchpool - I dont know what to set where - could you paste here the whole code?

Lets try with:
Code:
--api-groups P:switchpool,summary,pools,addpool,removepool,restart --api-listen --api-allow P:89.212.242.33 --api-port 7777

oroqen

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:14:15 PM

you might want to drop the all caps on LEASERIG.NET
LeaseRig.net is easyer to read and far more obvious.
nhytfdsa

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:31:27 PM

I got a phishing warning from Firefox on this site.
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:43:49 PM

Yeh, some idiot reported it as phishing, just click ignore and report back it is not phishing.

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 10:49:23 PM

Yeh, some idiot reported it as phishing, just click ignore and report back it is not phishing.

Link says phising attempt from Chrome. Post moderated. You deleted my post warning about scam. If you delete this one you get a nice negative trust. my first one. Leave this here for people to see and decide!
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:56:08 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 11:10:17 PM by djeZo

Link says phising attempt from Chrome. Post moderated. You deleted my post warning about scam. If you delete this one you get a nice negative trust. my first one. Leave this here for people to see and decide!

Decide what? Please, open new thread and state there that this is scam site if you think so. And bring some proofs on and not just gibberish non-sense talk.

What is phishing?
A phishing website or message tries to trick you into revealing personal information by appearing to be from a legitimate source, such as a bank, social network, or even Google.

Do you have to provide any kind of personal information on leaserig.net? NO

claygraffix

Activity: 119

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:08:47 AM

I think this is a great idea.  I'm going to look at getting it setup, thanks.
twistedtrick

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:09:12 AM

Waiting for support on renting out my rig that I run Xubuntu on - unsure how to setup something like No-IP on Linux.
Yeos

Activity: 78

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:47:23 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2014, 05:50:53 PM by Yeos

I'm having issues with adding,switching and removing pools on admin page.

I added the api groups setting to cgminer.config file but its not working

NM I got it

tw0r

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:13:40 PM

Thx for helping djeZo - works great for me.

Let's color the MOON: Y9o4ck6cAb1M8hzZrgd2L2uaJnNJcVp284
s4ndm4ns

Activity: 131

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:23:23 PM

Question:
I run CGwatcher in case any cgminer failure, will that be a problem? Also, do I set own pool details when starting cgminer?
Afterwards renting person can change it to own via API? If cgminer crashes for some reason, it will restart again with my details...

Pustul

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:13:40 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 10:00:02 AM by Pustul

Interesting!
How do you set the admin password for the rig? Is it in cgminer or just for you to set up on the website?

If there is no pass on cgminer doesn't that means anyone with your ip could connect to the rig and change pool details, etc?
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:20:54 PM

Interesting!
How do you set the admin password for the rig? Is it in cgminer or just for you to set up on the website?

If there is no pass on cgminer doesn't that means anyone with your ip could connect to the rig and change pool details, etc?

Admin pass is just for website. Noone else besides website can access your cgminer, because you specify such rule (allow only certain IP). And website limits who has access to change pools on your cgminer. Only customer and admin.

Question:
I run CGwatcher in case any cgminer failure, will that be a problem? Also, do I set own pool details when starting cgminer?
Afterwards renting person can change it to own via API? If cgminer crashes for some reason, it will restart again with my details...

No conflicts or problems with CGwatcher. Yes, you set own pool details when starting cgminer. Customer can manage pools via website. If cgminer crashes, your default pool is set and customer has to reenter pools of his choice.

s4ndm4ns

Activity: 131

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:53:36 PM

Interesting!

Admin pass is just for website. Noone else besides website can access your cgminer, because you specify such rule (allow only certain IP). And website limits who has access to change pools on your cgminer. Only customer and admin.

Question:

No conflicts or problems with CGwatcher. Yes, you set own pool details when starting cgminer. Customer can manage pools via website. If cgminer crashes, your default pool is set and customer has to reenter pools of his choice.

Would be nice to remember customer pools, otherwise any crash causes customer to mine for rig owner.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: