Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:36:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] How to rent your rig on LEASERIG.NET - Scrypt & SHA256  (Read 33393 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
djeZo (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:38:05 PM

Currently, pool details are not remembered by the website, website only acts as a proxy for managing pools on mining rigs. When I do larger update, I will consider all such features.

Pustul

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:58:57 PM

Interesting!
How do you set the admin password for the rig? Is it in cgminer or just for you to set up on the website?

If there is no pass on cgminer doesn't that means anyone with your ip could connect to the rig and change pool details, etc?

Admin pass is just for website. Noone else besides website can access your cgminer, because you specify such rule (allow only certain IP). And website limits who has access to change pools on your cgminer. Only customer and admin.

Ok, thanks I get it now  Wink
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:05:15 PM

This sounds very interesting and I may throw one of my rigs up to try.

Is there any specific reason 3.7.2 is required, all mine run 3.3.1 which is IMHO the best version for scrypt mining as it's the last version to immediately switch pools without delay, rather not update unless it's needed for some function that missing.

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:24:23 PM

Test has shown that older versions aren't showing current speed correctly.  I was looking into it and couldn't come to any exact conclusion, because it was randomly flickering once displaying proper speed, then next time displaying faulty one. Someone would need to sniff traffic to find out whether older versions of cgminer send various data for command 'summary'.

Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 09:17:56 PM

That's strange, I use CGRemote to monitor mine which uses the api and not noticed anything odd in the figures it displays.

If I put one up tomorrow you can have a look before it goes live, and i'll update if need be.

s4ndm4ns

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 11:12:52 PM

djeZo
would you consider adding my 2nd rig as well?

s4ndm4ns

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:28:10 AM

For those who want to use CGwatcher and share their rig:
1) you need to use cgwatcher port 4028
2) you need to allow localhost use API

Modified settings:

--api-groups P:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:* --api-listen --api-allow P:89.212.242.33,127.0.0.1 --api-port 4028

hutnik

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:48:18 PM

Is the restart really needed in api-group?
My rig can be little moody, and restart can cause it to hash at weird speeds.
I know what's best for my rig, and restart is not one of those things :p

R9Generation

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:16:09 PM

Hey Guys,

I am running 2 rigs with Smos Linux distribution and 4 Mh/s.

My question is:

How would the config look like if I would add this into cgminer.conf:

--api-groups P:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:* --api-listen --api-allow P:89.212.242.33,127.0.0.1 --api-port 4028

Maybe like this?:

"api-listen" : "true",
"api-allow" : "89.212.242.33",
"api-port" : "4028",
"api-groups" : "switchpool,addpool,removepool,restart"  Here maybe with : instead of comma , ??

I'd like to ad my rigs as provider, but this need to be fixed first. Dyndns is available through the router by the way, which is a way to do it on linux instead of no-ip on windows Wink
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:19:26 PM

Is the restart really needed in api-group?
My rig can be little moody, and restart can cause it to hash at weird speeds.
I know what's best for my rig, and restart is not one of those things :p

Restart is not needed at this time - I didn't implement it due to R9 bug. If using sgminer 4.0.0, this bug is fixed.
Hey Guys,

I am running 2 rigs with Smos Linux distribution and 4 Mh/s.

My question is:

How would the config look like if I would add this into cgminer.conf:

Maybe like this?:

"api-listen" : "true",
"api-allow" : "89.212.242.33",
"api-port" : "4028",
"api-groups" : "switchpool,addpool,removepool,restart"  Here maybe with : instead of comma , ??

I'd like to ad my rigs as provider, but this need to be fixed first. Dyndns is available through the router by the way, which is a way to do it on linux instead of no-ip on windows Wink

I am not sure for the api-groups, but you can always combine; use config, but append this command line to your existing command line. Will work for sure.

hutnik

Activity: 95

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:49:00 PM

this works for me, 2 groups, one with acces to everything, one for leaserig

Code:
"api-listen" : true,
"api-port" : "12345",
"api-allow" : "W:192.168.0.0/16,W:127.0.0.1,F:89.212.242.33",
"api-groups" : "F:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:*"

W group is reserved for all-inclusive acces, so no need to specify rights for that. Only for F, which is leaserig
All that info is in readme and api-readme of cgminer.

netoguy

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:43:51 AM

One step to your signup process is "Trust"; I'm a new member to this forum so I don't have any "trust" here I suppose.
Do you have any alternate methods of verifying trust so that I can lease my rig(s)?   I have up to 20 Mh/s available!
Neon001

Activity: 67

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 03:08:43 AM

One step to your signup process is "Trust"; I'm a new member to this forum so I don't have any "trust" here I suppose.
Do you have any alternate methods of verifying trust so that I can lease my rig(s)?   I have up to 20 Mh/s available!

Was wondering the same.  How about ebay or heatware?
ozoner

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:00:05 AM

Hi all,

Ok I am almost sold on setting up my rig to be leased out. I have one burning question though.

I just leased someone else's rig for an hour to see how it works from the "other side". It works great, I'm mining away no problem. The issue is, it appeared to me that I was able, should I choose, to have deleted ALL the host's mining pools set up on the rig!! Is this correct?  (I didn't do it, for what it's worth!)

If I had deleted all his/her pools, when my lease runs out, would their rig sit there idle until the next lease came along, or the owner intervened?Huh  

If so, this seems like a "bad thing".  Or does cgminer get restarted at the end of a lease (which would reset the pools to whatever you define on cgminer startup) ??

Thanks for the info. Look forward to coming onboard soon, assuming we can work this one through Smiley

Sign up to hire altcoin Mining Rigs! http://leaserig.net/index.jsp?rfid=166 Lease my Scrypt mining rigs : http://leaserig.net/index.jsp?fprovider=ozoner
My Reputation thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=431294.0
Send me BTC : 1Q7CodAkY4VqgNGkM2YbCEsBeUhA5qJDFf
Pustul

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:07:55 AM

Hi all,

Ok I am almost sold on setting up my rig to be leased out. I have one burning question though.

I just leased someone else's rig for an hour to see how it works from the "other side". It works great, I'm mining away no problem. The issue is, it appeared to me that I was able, should I choose, to have deleted ALL the host's mining pools set up on the rig!! Is this correct?  (I didn't do it, for what it's worth!)

If I had deleted all his/her pools, when my lease runs out, would their rig sit there idle until the next lease came along, or the owner intervened?Huh  

If so, this seems like a "bad thing".  Or does cgminer get restarted at the end of a lease (which would reset the pools to whatever you define on cgminer startup) ??

Thanks for the info. Look forward to coming onboard soon, assuming we can work this one through Smiley

You can set up a default pool on the admin panel and when the lease ends this pool is used Smiley
ozoner

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:57:23 AM

You can set up a default pool on the admin panel and when the lease ends this pool is used Smiley

Awesome! Thanks for the quick help. Obviously I can't see this until I set up my rig for lease :-)

Sign up to hire altcoin Mining Rigs! http://leaserig.net/index.jsp?rfid=166 Lease my Scrypt mining rigs : http://leaserig.net/index.jsp?fprovider=ozoner
Quacko

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:41:41 AM

I asked this in the other thread but just realised that I probably should ask it here...

Can you setup multiple pools as default pool (failover)?
My current batfile sets up all the pools and clockspeeds and cgminer settings, do I keep this or do I have to add all those settings (with or without pools?) to the config instead of the batfile?

If u restart cgminer from api, it probably wont take the settings in the batfile right? Or can I tell the website to use the batfile?

-edit- once someone is set up and pm'd you the details and gets allowed to rent his rig, does the website do an api test to make sure everything works as is expected? I wouldn't want ppl leasing my rig having problems because I did something wrong (probably wont happen, but you never know) the first time. Don't want ppl to pay me and end up feeling cheated, it's a good service for ppl renting rigs if I see those prices.
ozoner

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 11:53:03 AM

I asked this in the other thread but just realised that I probably should ask it here...

Can you setup multiple pools as default pool (failover)?
My current batfile sets up all the pools and clockspeeds and cgminer settings, do I keep this or do I have to add all those settings (with or without pools?) to the config instead of the batfile?

If u restart cgminer from api, it probably wont take the settings in the batfile right? Or can I tell the website to use the batfile?

-edit- once someone is set up and pm'd you the details and gets allowed to rent his rig, does the website do an api test to make sure everything works as is expected? I wouldn't want ppl leasing my rig having problems because I did something wrong (probably wont happen, but you never know) the first time. Don't want ppl to pay me and end up feeling cheated, it's a good service for ppl renting rigs if I see those prices.

I don't know the answer about multiple pools... (good question though)

I do know that if you restart cgminer via the program interface (type S-C-Y) or via the API, it will reset all your pools etc to what you defined in your script.

Doing a restart via API, while a great solution, will cause some issues with some people, as some of the newer cards (290/290x) will crash the rig completely (both linux and windows) when cgminer is restarted. (This can be got around by making people upgrade to sgminer 4.0.0).

ButterBread

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:10:28 PM

Only one? What if that one goes down? For example, for middlecoin pool I have 3 or 4 middlecoin servers set, ready for fail-over.

Are you saying that I'd have to choose just one of those?
Pustul

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 03:34:19 PM

Only one? What if that one goes down? For example, for middlecoin pool I have 3 or 4 middlecoin servers set, ready for fail-over.

Are you saying that I'd have to choose just one of those?

Yes you can choose only one pool to switch back when the lease end. Multiple defaults is in the to-do list though.

But you can add pools from the admin panel, it means it will use the default only from the time the lease ends till the time you can connect and add some pools. Not the easiest way but it works until multiple defaults is implemented.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: