Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:22:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] How to rent your rig on LEASERIG.NET - Scrypt & SHA256  (Read 33386 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Sy
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Bounty Detective

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:25:07 PM

This should work without static ip and dyndns too...

BOUNTY DETECTIVE

Powered by,
Lowkek

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:27:52 PM

This should work without static ip and dyndns too...
This, please add dynamic ip functionality
sowanted

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:42:39 PM

when i want to try to test :
 --api-groups P:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:save:* --api-listen --api-allow P:89.212.242.33 --api-port 2014
it says: need to specify at least one pool server.
Input server details.
URL

forestmining

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 11:55:46 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 12:23:07 AM by forestmining

Edit: problem solved.

For peoples who can access on rig only by local network (even if ports are open), and not by internet, you can try changeip.com instead no-ip. With no-ip and their program, i could not access to anything. with changeip, everything was solved. I don't know how this is possible but it works for me (probably my fault and my noob linux skills  Cheesy).

Thanks again to alex28 for his help.
trogdorjw73

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 06:29:32 AM

A few items to add to the How To notes:

1) While LeaseRig will try to save your settings so that if a rig reboots the client doesn't lose all their miner information, this does not work with a custom config file. You should only use the default cgminer.conf file.

2) At one point LeaseRig saved some settings for me and apparently GPU-threads was not specified or saved properly; the result was that when cgminer restarted with the updated config file, hash rates were about 10% lower (and could have been much worse on some PCs!) thanks to the incorrect threads setting, so make sure to include -g 1 (or -g 2 if that's what you want) in your cgminer options and not just in the conf file.

3) CGWatcher does work with LeaseRig, and you can configure it to use other ports. On version 3.5.2, look in the Settings->Miner tab for the API port. The default is 4028, but I've successfully used other ports.

4) I've found Windows' Firewall doesn't play well with LeaseRig and had to disable it on at least a couple of my leased rigs; this is not always necessary, but if you're unable to get LeaseRig to see your system after configuring everything else properly, try disabling your firewall for a bit and see if that fixes the issue. If it does, you can either run without the firewall, or try to fix the problem.

Happy mining/leasing everybody!

djeZo (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:47:35 AM

Updated first post.

Patsak

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:08:26 PM

Official thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=414009

What you will need:
- mining rig
- cgminer 3.7.2 or sgminer 4.0.0

1. STEP: Make your miner accessible via static IP or static domain name. If your mining rig already has static IP, then you can skip this step.

If your mining rig has dynamic IP, then you will have to use domain name. You can sort this on your own or you can use dyn dns service like this one: https://www.noip.com/sign-up
After you register and choose domain, login and download client (http://www.noip.com/download?page=win) which you have to run to keep your domain name updated with your IP address. Launch it and after it loads click "Edit Hosts" button. Then check your domain name and click "Save" button. That is it, just leave this program running - it will update your domain name to your IP every 5 minutes.

If you have linux miner, there is a way to achieve this, but unfortunately since I have no linux, I cannot test any possible solution. If someone here knows what exactly to do, it would be very nice to share and I will update my post with linux instructions.

2. STEP: Configure cgminer

You have to enable API listening on your cgminer. Following config options have to be added in cgminer config/command line:

Code:
--api-listen --api-allow W:89.212.242.33 --api-port 7777

You can choose whatever port you want, but you have to keep exactly IP 89.212.242.33. You can modify and create access rules. Following commands are needed to provide full functionality: summary, pools, switchpool, addpool, removepool, restart, save. Read API-README.txt in cgminer directory to get more details about cgminer API and how to configure access rules.

After checking API-README.txt, following should work:
Code:
--api-groups P:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:save:* --api-listen --api-allow P:89.212.242.33 --api-port 7777

3. STEP: Make sure cgminer is visible outside

If your mining rig is behind router (NAT), you need to configure your NAT. Forward API port of cgminer.

Once you configure NAT, you can verify cgminer API port here: http://www.checkmyports.net/
It must say OPENED, if not, then it is still closed and you did something wrong.

4. STEP: Provide data to me (djeZo) - send me PM

In PM, include for each mining rig:
- mining rig name (choose on your own - alphanumeric characters)
- your trust thread (MANDATORY NOW so customers can post feedback there)

If you have additional questions regarding HOW-TO, please post them here (PM me only data for adding your mining rig). I will update this posts if there are additional questions.

A few items to add to the How To notes:

1) While LeaseRig will try to save your settings so that if a rig reboots the client doesn't lose all their miner information, this does not work with a custom config file. You should only use the default cgminer.conf file.

2) At one point LeaseRig saved some settings for me and apparently GPU-threads was not specified or saved properly; the result was that when cgminer restarted with the updated config file, hash rates were about 10% lower (and could have been much worse on some PCs!) thanks to the incorrect threads setting, so make sure to include -g 1 (or -g 2 if that's what you want) in your cgminer options and not just in the conf file.

3) CGWatcher does work with LeaseRig, and you can configure it to use other ports. On version 3.5.2, look in the Settings->Miner tab for the API port. The default is 4028, but I've successfully used other ports.

4) I've found Windows' Firewall doesn't play well with LeaseRig and had to disable it on at least a couple of my leased rigs; this is not always necessary, but if you're unable to get LeaseRig to see your system after configuring everything else properly, try disabling your firewall for a bit and see if that fixes the issue. If it does, you can either run without the firewall, or try to fix the problem.

Happy mining/leasing everybody!

Can add to 4th point; you need to either allow cgminer in your firewall rules or allow cgminer API port for incoming connections, then there should be no problems with Windows firewall.
Hi i am so nube that i dont  know how i can get Trust thread? help pls. Thanks
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:59:02 PM

SHA256 support added!

Quacko

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:51:21 PM

Hi,

is there anyway to check that the rig is actually mining for the person that  paid for it? It does say lease.myrigname. But it's mining on pool 2 apparently wich looks like it is middlecoin. But that is my default? Or is it the failover from the customer that is also middlecoin? Any way to check?
I want to make sure that it is the customer mining and not me...

Thx
BotwinBG

Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:15:08 PM

That happened to me, took me a while to understand why the rigs were running slower. Where do I include the -g 2 , you mean as the runtime argument ?

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:51:17 PM

Hi,

is there anyway to check that the rig is actually mining for the person that  paid for it? It does say lease.myrigname. But it's mining on pool 2 apparently wich looks like it is middlecoin. But that is my default? Or is it the failover from the customer that is also middlecoin? Any way to check?
I want to make sure that it is the customer mining and not me...

Thx

The green marked pool on admin panel (and customers panel) is currently active pool. Sadly, cgminer does not report which pool it is mining on atm, but I calculate that by taking priorities and alive status into consideration.

Quacko

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:01:02 PM

That happened to me, took me a while to understand why the rigs were running slower. Where do I include the -g 2 , you mean as the runtime argument ?
same question. Should it be in the shell  file which I use to start or in the config? All my settings are in the config. Or is it actually best to not give restart privileges to the customer? Because in all honestly my rig never goes down (been stable 4 weeks without any issues), only a manual reboot once a week is what I do.
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:43:09 PM

Restart has so far haven't been put into use, due to obvious issues with R9 cards. You don't have to permit it for now, but even if you do, nothing will be different, because the site never uses it.

Dogebear

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:52:38 PM

hmm im trying to figure out how to do it with linux i see that some one can point bamt stats

http://simplyaccomplished.com/cgi-bin/status.pl anyone know how?
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:09:12 PM

It doesn't matter what port I configure on the command line, cgminer will always listen on port 4028  Huh

Am I missing something?
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:20:03 AM

It doesn't matter what port I configure on the command line, cgminer will always listen on port 4028  Huh

Am I missing something?

Answering myself: wrong setting in cgminer.conf which overrides command line  Tongue
iarsenaux

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:10:25 PM

i'm having trouble opening a port Sad i already tried to port forward on my router and add port on firewall still no luck. Sad
Test User

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

Miner and technician

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:43:04 PM

When does leaserig actually issue a save command?

I was initially running with a custom .conf, but have switched to the default .conf file? I've also added the save command to the permitted command list, however, when I admin the pools from the admin console, no save command is issued, and a cgminer restart will re-load the original conf.

Is the command only issued when hiring starts and ends? Is it only customer that can issue save commands?

Donations welcome - BTC: 1f52PwRLHkN4w5uBY6EccKiDYqpLkh13y     DOGE: DCg65AKPG76X5LEtWCqfyRj4a6apYRHR8j
Trust: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=432215.0
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:44:19 PM

Check from which folder you run cgminer. Config is saved in default cgminer.conf

kenshirothefist

Activity: 457
Merit: 273

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:45:00 PM

Short notice for advanced API configuration with various restrictive permissions. In my case I want localhost (the rig itself) to have full permissions, remote monitoring system only read permissions and LEASERIG.NET only the permissions that are needed for LEASERIG.NET to work properly. One can achieve this with:

(LEASERIG.NET group permission)
"api-groups" : "L:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:save:*",

(W is special privileged access to commands that modify cgminer, thus all API commands)
(192.168.2.70 is my monitoring server with only default read access)
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1,192.168.2.70,L:89.212.242.33",
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: