Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:56:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] How to rent your rig on LEASERIG.NET - Scrypt & SHA256  (Read 33386 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
djeZo (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:56:28 PM

Also, LRP has been reporting my speed at sometimes up to double what is actually hashing. I'm using the api method, and I see speed reports from all the right IPs that look reasonable and add up to 3TH. On leaserig, however, I see ~5-6TH!

I don't remember what I was doing at the time, but I also had LRP report my hash rate as double then what it really was. A simple restart of LRP cleared that up and I have not had that happen since.

That can happen if your miner establish two connections to LRP when using cgminer API. Not sure why is cgminer doing this, it is also extremely rare.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
E

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:49:07 PM

Also, LRP has been reporting my speed at sometimes up to double what is actually hashing. I'm using the api method, and I see speed reports from all the right IPs that look reasonable and add up to 3TH. On leaserig, however, I see ~5-6TH!

I don't remember what I was doing at the time, but I also had LRP report my hash rate as double then what it really was. A simple restart of LRP cleared that up and I have not had that happen since.

That can happen if your miner establish two connections to LRP when using cgminer API. Not sure why is cgminer doing this, it is also extremely rare.

It happens to me consistently; I've restarted LRP several times.

It is no problem for me though -- we provide the advertised hashrate and that should be what matters Smiley
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:51:26 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 07:55:40 PM by djeZo

It happens to me consistently; I've restarted LRP several times.

It is no problem for me though -- we provide the advertised hashrate and that should be what matters Smiley

Maybe it is about time I upgrade LRP with an input table so you specify IP:port for each rig you wish to read speed from. That will get rid of the issue and give you the ability to use different API ports.

Monty-Python

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:27:37 PM

Hi,

I need some help with the configuration running BAMT 1.3. Everything is set up and rig is hashing fine. Unfortunately I fail at the rig test:

I already tried to change the cronjob
Login to your BAMT box using ssh and perform the following:
sudo crontab -e
Add the following to the bottom of the crontab (This will check for updates every 5 minutes and only overwrite when changes are made)
Code:

Code:
*/5 * * * * cp -u /.cgminer/cgminer.conf /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf >/dev/null 2>&1

Exit (and save)
and

Eerrrk, I pref a on the fly write , linking running config to default save path

for bamt with cgminer
Code:
Code:
sudo [ -f /root/.cgminer/cgminer.conf ] && rm -f /root/.cgminer/cgminer.conf ; ln -s /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf /root/.cgminer/cgminer.conf

for bamt with sgminer
Code:
Code:
sudo [ -f /root/.sgminer/sgminer.conf ] && rm -f /root/.sgminer/sgminer.conf ; ln -s /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf /root/.sgminer/sgminer.conf

this will be better

Any help is appreciated as I am new into linux. I am running sgminer 4.0.0 in BAMT. Thanks in advance. Smiley

Rent my rig on leaserig.net
Feedback and status: Link
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:56:36 PM

First make sure wemineltc pool is up when you perform the test. Sometimes it is down, and cgminer will not start if pool is not reachable.

Monty-Python

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:02:14 PM

I opened the sgminer windows in terminal (screen -r) and actually watched it switch pools in the first run. It seems that only the test after 60 seconds fails, everything else seems normal...

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:15:23 PM

Well, it fails to start cgminer back up - in most cases, issue is dead pool.

BTW, why you don't simply use LRP?

Monty-Python

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:19:07 PM

I would, if there was a download link for the linux version. Wink The link in the first post seems to be Windows only...

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:20:52 PM

I would, if there was a download link for the linux version. Wink The link in the first post seems to be Windows only...

Not true:

Download LeaseRig Proxy Software (Windows&Linux) (current latest version is v0.05e).

It contains linux binary too (named: leaserigproxy_linux).

miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 08:34:29 PM

It's linux 32 bit FYI

2% isn't enough for Djezo to go out and buy a $20 raspberry pi or a $50 POS 64 bit system.

2% clearly isn't enough to let someone compile the POS for 64 bit or for pi.

Effing gates.

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:38:43 PM

It's linux 32 bit FYI

2% isn't enough for Djezo to go out and buy a $20 raspberry pi or a $50 POS 64 bit system.

Effing gates.

32 bit apps work completely fine on 64bit OS.

I am still waiting for your response regarding rasp... Did the binary I sent you worked or not?

miaviator
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 08:43:43 PM

It's linux 32 bit FYI

Effing gates.

32 bit apps work completely fine on 64bit OS.

I am still waiting for your response regarding rasp... Did the binary I sent you worked or not?

I haven't had time yet.  I'll try to write it up tonight. 

Monty-Python

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:48:29 PM

Not true:

Download LeaseRig Proxy Software (Windows&Linux) (current latest version is v0.05e).

I get the following error in BAMT:
glibc_2.15' not found (required by ./leaserigproxy_linux

Ok, I admit, I am totally new to Linux and especially BAMT. So I downloaded the zip-file, extracted the content in a separate folder, opened a terminal window and followed the instructions in the readme - navigating to the leaserig folder of course...

Yeah, I do have a Windows machine I could point sgminer to which would mean an additional computer consuming power. Thanks for your patience so far, maybe I really need a step by step instruction guide. -.-

miaviator
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 10:58:14 PM

Not true:

I get the following error in BAMT:
glibc_2.15' not found (required by ./leaserigproxy_linux

Ok, I admit, I am totally new to Linux and especially BAMT. So I downloaded the zip-file, extracted the content in a separate folder, opened a terminal window and followed the instructions in the readme - navigating to the leaserig folder of course...

Yeah, I do have a Windows machine I could point sgminer to which would mean an additional computer consuming power. Thanks for your patience so far, maybe I really need a step by step instruction guide. -.-

Upgrade your glibc to DjeZo's version and it will work just fine....

It's not you it's the Zo.

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:21:28 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 11:32:34 PM by djeZo

I was trying to get LRP statically linked with idea of isolating gethostbyname call in a library. So, I created library - this part is fine. But when I try to link it with LRP, I constantly get error '/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llrp'

Yes, I know all about naming - this part is correct, and library is there. I also used -L. switch and googled for all possible solutions.

I simply give up...

EDIT: Someone with good knowledge will know how to solve this issue. An idea is following; I am sure glibc.so of version 2.15 can be obtained? Then place it somewhere and make sure LRP uses this glibc and not the systems one. How to do it - linux expert will know it!

jason20005

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:17:20 AM

Hi, is it possible to open source the proxy software?
So that people can compile on their own platform: win, linux, pi, x86, x84, mips, etc...
jason20005

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:23:57 AM

I was trying to get LRP statically linked with idea of isolating gethostbyname call in a library. So, I created library - this part is fine. But when I try to link it with LRP, I constantly get error '/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llrp'

Yes, I know all about naming - this part is correct, and library is there. I also used -L. switch and googled for all possible solutions.

I simply give up...

EDIT: Someone with good knowledge will know how to solve this issue. An idea is following; I am sure glibc.so of version 2.15 can be obtained? Then place it somewhere and make sure LRP uses this glibc and not the systems one. How to do it - linux expert will know it!

I downloaded glibc.so of version 2.15, but it does not solve the library problem.
leaserigproxy_linux runs and print some message and then got segmentation fault:
user@smos-1:~/Projects/leaserig$ ./leaserigproxy_linux 3333 XXXXX 0

LeaseRig.net mining rig proxy, v0.05b

ID: XXXXX
Segmentation fault

jason20005

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:28:25 AM

I simply give up...

I downloaded glibc.so of version 2.15, but it does not solve the library problem.
leaserigproxy_linux runs and print some message and then got segmentation fault:
user@smos-1:~/Projects/leaserig$ ./leaserigproxy_linux 3333 XXXXX 0

ID: XXXXX
Segmentation fault

gdb does not show anything useful since it does not have any debug symbol in the binary

(gdb) set args 33333 635-848fb9de-6fae-4ed2-a02c-a5b2f020d336 0
(gdb) run
The program being debugged has been started already.
Start it from the beginning? (y or n) y
Starting program: /home/user/Projects/leaserig/leaserigproxy_linux 33333 635-848fb9de-6fae-4ed2-a02c-a5b2f020d336 0

ID: 635-848fb9de-6fae-4ed2-a02c-a5b2f020d336

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0xb7e04fff in ?? ()

Monty-Python

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:21:52 AM

Being unable to run the proxy in BAMT is one thing, getting API timeouts in the proxy software using Windows is something new:

Any ideas how to resolve this? It didn't happen with the previous Version of the proxy software and it makes my statistics look bad. Sad

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:29:59 AM

Timeout will happen if there is no response from your cgminer in 2 seconds time. cgminer API is capable of serving only 1 request at a time - others are blocked. Make sure there is no other program hooking cgminer API constantly.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: