Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 12:05:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] How to rent your rig on LEASERIG.NET - Scrypt & SHA256  (Read 33393 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 09:16:41 PM

Just found out betarigs doesn't require you to use a CLOSED SOURCE NON COMMUNITY REVIEWED code or expose your system in order to lease.  (And supports the PI as a miner)

Get compiling zo

djeZo (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:21:56 PM

Just found out betarigs doesn't require you to use a CLOSED SOURCE NON COMMUNITY REVIEWED code or expose your system in order to lease.  (And supports the PI as a miner)

Get compiling zo

Noone forces you to use method A. Method B is always an option - as long as miner is running cgminer or some fork of it, it is possible, but most people have issues configuring that cgminer and linux firewall.

Davemanwallet

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:25:25 AM

Hey guys,

So yeah, ive been trying to get my 2 rigs to work on Leaserig, both are running SMOS, I am able to run them but only WITHOUT the API enabled. For example, when I put the API commands in the cgminer config, which I copied from the 2nd or 3rd page of this thread , nothing happens. When I remove the API settings from the config, it seems to run fine , but keeps telling me it failed to connect to port 7777 (which is the port I assigned) in the smos terminal.

This is what I'm currently using , when I try to run with API enabled.

{
"pools" : [
        {
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://127.0.0.1:3333",
                "user" : "Daveman85.2",
                "pass" : "2"
        },
        {
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.dogehouse.org:8081",
                "user" : "Daveman85.2",
                "pass" : "2"
}
],                           
"api-listen" : true,
"api-mcast-port" : "7777",
"api-network" : true,
"api-port" : "7777",
"expiry" : "120",
"failover-only" : true,
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin",
"log" : "5",
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"scrypt" : true,
"auto-fan" : true,
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"gpu-engine" : "1075",
"gpu-memclock" : "1500",
"gpu-powertune" : "10",
"intensity" : "13",
"temp-target" : "75",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-cutoff" : "90",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "256",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"shaders" : "2048",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192"
"api-allow" : "P:89.212.242.33,W:127.0.0.1",
"api-groups" : "P:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:save:*"
}

But nothing happens. I forwarded the 7777 port on my router for my local miner IPs... or is this wrong?

Any help would be apreciated, thanks!
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:43:31 AM

, nothing happens.

Declare this.

BTW: Use only proxy pool - else your pool switching will be very slow (up to 5minutes) when doing switches on LeaseRig.

Davemanwallet

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:46:54 AM

Nothing happens as in, the miners dont start mining.

About proxy pool, does that mean I am to ignore the SMOS configs and setup and run everything from the bat file in the proxypool folder?
kenshirothefist

Activity: 457
Merit: 273

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:00:27 AM

"lookup-gap" : "2",
"shaders" : "2048",
"api-allow" : "P:89.212.242.33,W:127.0.0.1",
"api-groups" : "P:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:save:*"

You have a typo here. Each line (except the last one) in the JSON format has to end with "," ... the lines after

are not parsed in your case because this line doesn't end with "," ... add comma to the end

"thread-concurrency" : "8192",

and try again.

You can also start cgminer with the --text-only option and also with the --verbose option ... this way you'll be able to see which part of config file wasn't properly loaded.

cgminer --text-only --verbose ... other parameters
Davemanwallet

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:07:02 AM

Goddangit, that worked...
Cant believe I missed that typo Undecided
Its running now with the speeds updated through the leaserigproxy.

Thanks for the heads up man,
Much apreciated.
kedalel

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:38:48 PM

Hey guys,

I'm considering leasing my rig but I have a small issue.

Code:
Testing command "restart"... PASSED
RESTART

Waiting 60 seconds...

Testing command "pools" for the second time... FAILED

Still, if I restart the test it goes well until the same test...

Any idea?
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:21:23 PM

Sometimes wemineltc pool is dead. Check manually cgminer.conf file and see if wemineltc pool is inside. If yes, then the test was passed Smiley

cjek

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:02:30 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong:

- you only need to setup a proxy on one of your mining rigs
- you only put one pool into the cgminer/vertminer config file, this one is the proxy "pool"
- you put other pools into the pools config file (the pools your rig mines at when it is not leased)

I have the BAMT OS set to do an automatic coldreboot every 3 hours. Can this be problematic? Do I need to configure to run the proxy on startup (with the "./leaserigproxy_bamt 3333 PUT-YOUR-ID-HERE 0" command) ?

Thanks  Cheesy
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:07:37 PM

Just wanted to chime in and report that my miner seems to be running much more stable/smooth on LRP with the 0.6a proxy. I used to see lots of little down"blips" and momentary disconnects, but everything looks much more smooth/stable. So something has been fixed. :-)

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:39:47 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong:

- you only put one pool into the cgminer/vertminer config file, this one is the proxy "pool"
- you put other pools into the pools config file (the pools your rig mines at when it is not leased)

I have the BAMT OS set to do an automatic coldreboot every 3 hours. Can this be problematic? Do I need to configure to run the proxy on startup (with the "./leaserigproxy_bamt 3333 PUT-YOUR-ID-HERE 0" command) ?

Thanks  Cheesy

This is correct.

kedalel

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:09:28 PM

Sometimes wemineltc pool is dead. Check manually cgminer.conf file and see if wemineltc pool is inside. If yes, then the test was passed Smiley

Yes everything works (I see the wemineltc pool, mining it for something like 5-10sec) until after the restart when the second pool list command is issued.
cjek

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:39:35 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong:

Thanks  Cheesy

This is correct.

Thanks! What about the last issue?

Davemanwallet

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:18:45 AM

Why do you have that If I may ask? Is it for temps going to high or?
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:53:51 AM

You will need to schedule LRP to be started up too.

cjek

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:20:19 AM

Why do you have that If I may ask? Is it for temps going to high or?

Sometimes my rig stopped mining if it was on for too long. These reboots give me 99% uptime (the only downtime is the time to reboot the rig).
Burgertm

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:12:37 PM

I downloaded the most recent version of LRP today and now I'm seeing the message "Speed buffer filled.  Speed reporting may be incorrect.".  Is this an issue on my end or a bug?
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:19:00 PM

I downloaded the most recent version of LRP today and now I'm seeing the message "Speed buffer filled.  Speed reporting may be incorrect.".  Is this an issue on my end or a bug?

This has no effect on mining, but only on stats. If you have many workers hooked via LRP and there is pool with very low diff being used, the internal buffer for storing shares is filled and starts getting overwritten. The result is lower reported speed on LeaseRig.

Burgertm

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:20:13 PM

I downloaded the most recent version of LRP today and now I'm seeing the message "Speed buffer filled.  Speed reporting may be incorrect.".  Is this an issue on my end or a bug?

This has no effect on mining, but only on stats. If you have many workers hooked via LRP and there is pool with very low diff being used, the internal buffer for storing shares is filled and starts getting overwritten. The result is lower reported speed on LeaseRig.

I have 3 cards that would be mining on wafflepool, which has a 512 difficulty.  Not exactly low.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: