Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:31:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 297 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s  (Read 346282 times)
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:10:44 PM

For those who may have missed it.
I have added Antminer solution into the hardware vs network performance comparison sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmeuPljmUNHCdEpqX2RmMDFwemJyLURVUWFtZ3J3aGc&usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmeuPljmUNHCdEpqX2RmMDFwemJyLURVUWFtZ3J3aGc&usp=drive_web#gid=13 <-- speculative return if network increases at 30% each retarget. Ignore anything past 2-3 months. Average network increase to date is just over 20%
CYPER

Activity: 812
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:16:36 PM

Got a call from UPS to confirm the value of the items as there was a mismatch between the invoice and the reported value - no idea what that means.
They send me an email to which I just replied that I am a private buyer and confirmed the value of $120.

UPS also attached a copy of the invoice that states: Computer Game Gateway, so I wonder if UPS decides to ask questions how do I best explain what I am buying, so it doesn't raise any concerns.

Just explain that they're high performance cryptographic machines, coming from China. Customs loves that. Tongue

That sounds too suspicious  Grin
Any other plusible explanation?
pedrosoft

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:16:52 PM

anyone with ups tracking that purchased on 21th ?
CYPER

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:19:47 PM

Me.
pedrosoft

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:22:41 PM

Me.

time of your purchase ?
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:26:08 PM

Simple and doesnt need to be a lie..

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application-specific_integrated_circuit

So just tell them its fpga and you have a project that requires custom programming with fpga.. I would avoid mentioning word cryptography. . Especially when you mention china..

Got a call from UPS to confirm the value of the items as there was a mismatch between the invoice and the reported value - no idea what that means.
They send me an email to which I just replied that I am a private buyer and confirmed the value of $120.

UPS also attached a copy of the invoice that states: Computer Game Gateway, so I wonder if UPS decides to ask questions how do I best explain what I am buying, so it doesn't raise any concerns.

Just explain that they're high performance cryptographic machines, coming from China. Customs loves that. Tongue

That sounds too suspicious  Grin
CYPER

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:28:46 PM

Me.

time of your purchase ?

I have 2 orders from the 21st:
21/01/2014 05:37 - Shipped
21/01/2014 23:32 - Not Shipped

I got 2 BITMAIN Order Shipped emails, thinking both my orders were shipped, but it was just the same email for my 1st order.
Bitmain confirmed 2nd order will be shipped today.
CYPER

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:30:27 PM

So just tell them its fpga and you have a project that requires custom programming with fpga.. I would avoid mentioning word cryptography. . Especially when you mention china..

The description on the invoice is already a lie: they think its hardware for gaming.
I might be just paranoid, but I want to know what to say if they start asking questions Smiley
ineedit

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:35:00 PM

The description on the invoice is already a lie: they think its hardware for gaming.
I might be just paranoid, but I want to know what to say if they start asking questions Smiley

Just say 'I know, it is an absolute bargain" and that you could not refuse at that price!

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:36:27 PM

Just say its parts for the customised Computer Games Arcade booth for Comic Con that you design

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
CYPER

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:36:52 PM

Just say 'I know, it is an absolute bargain" and that you could not refuse at that price!

What is an absolute bargin  Roll Eyes
Imagine they call you and ask: what is the item exactly?
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:39:32 PM

That is the problem with Chinese outfits that lie on customs documents. Yes it saves you the tax/duty, but if the transaction gets questioned you're in the unenviable position of either having to say that the description is wrong and it's really something else or trying to get it released without outright lying to the customs officials in order to get it released.

Personally, I'd rather just pay the tax. I do a decent number of crossborder Canada/US trips, and the unilateral power of those guys to detain and hold people is unbelievable. Once you get on their list as someone who tries to avoid paying taxes, you get your scarlet letter and special treatment every time you go through.
bitmutiny

Activity: 91
Merit: 11

No banking,Only Bitcoin!

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:45:35 PM

I have a tracking number, but its the wrong number, looks to be someone else's order. Been trying to get correct tracking number for 2 days with no success  Embarrassed

ineedit

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:46:30 PM

What is an absolute bargin  Roll Eyes
Imagine they call you and ask: what is the item exactly?

Just say 'How much is the tax', 'Can I pay it by card' and pay it. In the long run it is the cheapest option.

If you question the amount of tax they will get more interested, if you enter into a discussion then the tax will go up, if you do not pay the tax you will not get it and would have lost what you have paid for it.

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
pedrosoft

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:47:38 PM

Me.

time of your purchase ?

I have 2 orders from the 21st:
21/01/2014 05:37 - Shipped
21/01/2014 23:32 - Not Shipped

I got 2 BITMAIN Order Shipped emails, thinking both my orders were shipped, but it was just the same email for my 1st order.
Bitmain confirmed 2nd order will be shipped today.

thanks Smiley
CYPER

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:50:49 PM

Just say its parts for the customised Computer Games Arcade booth for Comic Con that you design

Gaming Arcade was the exact thing that crossed my mind as a possible reason to buy these.
Btw the lady on the phone asked if I am a private a commercial person. Is there a difference in terms of Duty/VAT if you import these as a private or business person?

That is the problem with Chinese outfits that lie on customs documents. Yes it saves you the tax/duty, but if the transaction gets questioned you're in the unenviable position of either having to say that the description is wrong and it's really something else or trying to get it released without outright lying to the customs officials in order to get it released.

Personally, I'd rather just pay the tax. I do a decent number of crossborder Canada/US trips, and the unilateral power of those guys to detain and hold people is unbelievable. Once you get on their list as someone who tries to avoid paying taxes, you get your scarlet letter and special treatment every time you go through.

Well if one has to be ecompletely honest then 1.9BTC should be the declared value, but that will create more problems that it will solve.
I doubt anyone here is mad at Bitmain for declaring it with a low value.
I will just make up a plausible story and stick to it Smiley

Computer hardware for a gaming project sounds good.
CYPER

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:52:17 PM

Just say 'How much is the tax', 'Can I pay it by card' and pay it. In the long run it is the cheapest option.

If you question the amount of tax they will get more interested, if you enter into a discussion then the tax will go up, if you do not pay the tax you will not get it and would have lost what you have paid for it.

I have absolutely no problem paying the tax being so low - that's a given.
I never implied that I want to avoid it - that would be stupid Smiley

I was told today that once I reply to their email confirming the value of the items then I would be able to pay it over the phone later in the evening, which is convenient as the drivers only accept the exact amount in cash or a cheque.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:54:32 PM

Gaming Arcade was the exact thing that crossed my mind as a possible reason to buy these.
Btw the lady on the phone asked if I am a private a commercial person. Is there a difference in terms of Duty/VAT if you import these as a private or business person?

Well if one has to be ecompletely honest then 1.9BTC should be the declared value, but that will create more problems that it will solve.
I doubt anyone here is mad at Bitmain for declaring it with a low value.
I will just make up a plausible story and stick to it Smiley

Computer hardware for a gaming project sounds good.

Did you use bitcoins you had mined to pay for it? Theoretically they have no value, or only the value of the cost of the electricy and equipment used to mine them, being a virtual currency blah blah.. Smiley

They probably want to know if you have a VAT number if you are a commercial entity, because its really about the VAT, there are no import duties for computer parts.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:55:27 PM

tomorrow the last day for ordering right?
Has BITMAIN updated anything regarding orders/availability timeframe since the 21st?

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
TasCol

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:56:55 PM

Still waiting on shipping since early 22nd Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 297 »
  Print  

Jump to: