Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:18:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4602 4603 4604 4605 4606 4607 4608 4609 4610 4611 4612 4613 4614 4615 4616 4617 4618 4619 4620 4621 4622 4623 4624 4625 4626 4627 4628 4629 4630 4631 4632 4633 4634 4635 4636 4637 4638 4639 4640 4641 4642 4643 4644 4645 4646 4647 4648 4649 4650 4651 [4652] 4653 4654 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 4683 4684 4685 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 4691 4692 4693 4694 4695 4696 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 03:47:17 PM

Slightly off-topic, but in case anyone is wondering why crypto is foundering, consider that it is almost impossible to convert fiat to/from crypto.

Coinbase no longer will do business with me, apparently because I live in Louisiana. It was okay to do business with me a year ago, but somebody decided they would just cut off my entire state (actually, half the country). Damn inconvenient, especially since I had already gone through an FBI-level verification process with them.

I signed up with Circle. Their verification process was much easier. Cool--selling BTC and depositing to my bank is easy. Buying BTC (to convert to DASH, of course!) is impossible. The limit for an instant transaction is a measly $100 (Coinbase, when they let you buy BTC back in the day, had a $1,000 limit). I can of course buy more than $100 worth, but it will take a week to clear.

Oh wait, I can't buy anything with Circle. Because I changed my online banking password, and Circle requested that I update the username/password on their website. No problem--except that I get an obscure and meaningless error message saying that the .fiatACCOUNT failed. Whatever the hell that means.

The crypto industry better start getting its shit together, or it WILL die, regardless of how innovative it is. Your average person is not going to go through all this hassle just to buy BTC.

Just food for thought.

P.S. Just today I went to convert my mom's MSAFE to DASH. That required me logging into blockchain.info, accessing the private key, logging into omni wallet and importing that private key, sending bitcoin to the MSAFE address to cover the transaction fee, then transferring the MSAFE to Poloniex. Sell the MSAFE on Poloniex, transfer the resulting BTC to Cryptsy, convert the BTC on Cryptsy to DASH, withdraw the DASH to my wallet.

The entire process took about three hours. Until somebody finds a way to make crypto EASY, it's not going anywhere.

Coinbase was $1k/wk for instant buys. Have you tried localbitcoins? Depositing cash into a bank account and getting coins within minutes generally.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 03:54:25 PM

Slightly off-topic, but in case anyone is wondering why crypto is foundering, consider that it is almost impossible to convert fiat to/from crypto.

Coinbase no longer will do business with me, apparently because I live in Louisiana. It was okay to do business with me a year ago, but somebody decided they would just cut off my entire state (actually, half the country). Damn inconvenient, especially since I had already gone through an FBI-level verification process with them.

I signed up with Circle. Their verification process was much easier. Cool--selling BTC and depositing to my bank is easy. Buying BTC (to convert to DASH, of course!) is impossible. The limit for an instant transaction is a measly $100 (Coinbase, when they let you buy BTC back in the day, had a $1,000 limit). I can of course buy more than $100 worth, but it will take a week to clear.

Oh wait, I can't buy anything with Circle. Because I changed my online banking password, and Circle requested that I update the username/password on their website. No problem--except that I get an obscure and meaningless error message saying that the .fiatACCOUNT failed. Whatever the hell that means.

The crypto industry better start getting its shit together, or it WILL die, regardless of how innovative it is. Your average person is not going to go through all this hassle just to buy BTC.

Just food for thought.

P.S. Just today I went to convert my mom's MSAFE to DASH. That required me logging into blockchain.info, accessing the private key, logging into omni wallet and importing that private key, sending bitcoin to the MSAFE address to cover the transaction fee, then transferring the MSAFE to Poloniex. Sell the MSAFE on Poloniex, transfer the resulting BTC to Cryptsy, convert the BTC on Cryptsy to DASH, withdraw the DASH to my wallet.

The entire process took about three hours. Until somebody finds a way to make crypto EASY, it's not going anywhere.

AMEN!!!   We are all infighting and throwing shit at each other instead of find some real world solutions to make this easier!!!  Your last comment about trying to convert your moms msafe to dash is a shining example!  All the trolls and fudsters should be beating on that drum instead of each other.  I'm not sure who this will happen...but it must!  We need easy and simple gateways/portals in and out of crypto for adoption or this goes no where!  Thanks ddlink7....my thoughts exactly.

PS  We each have a roll to play, Evan and team are tied up with making DASH robust and utilitarian.  It will be others that must forward the path to ease of use.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 03:58:06 PM

Just food for thought.

Coinbase was $1k/wk for instant buys. Have you tried localbitcoins? Depositing cash into a bank account and getting coins within minutes generally.

Although useful...these are not viable solutions for everyday joe.   It needs to be as simple as funding with your credit card/debit card/paypal to buy the crypto of your choice and when you want too, exit back to paypal/bank account through a simple portal or ATM.   Many may say that the whole point is to get away from conventional banking...and sure after several years yes.  Till then they need to work in tandem.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
.vdb

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 03:59:47 PM

Just food for thought.

In the Netherlands/Begium there is a company called bitonic (https://bitonic.nl/en/order) where you can instantly buy and sell bitcoin with mistercash/bankcontact and ideal. I don't know what the policy towards foreign countries is...
And yes, local bitcoins if you can find a deal that suits you!
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 04:02:52 PM

I usually get MN payments like clockwork. But I'm at 5d7h without payments on my MNs. PoSe score of "0" so everything is working okay. I know the reference node was restarted a week ago, but with approx 4 days between payments I should have seen something by now, yes?
i'm in the same boat at 5d8h without payment. flare just updated my nodes to v22 so we'll see what happens.
one of my nodes just got paid!

Me too. Evan tweaking the reference node?
all nodes now paid Grin
what version were you on when paid?
evan can't control which nodes get paid.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 04:04:35 PM

Just food for thought.

Although useful...these are not viable solutions for everyday joe.   It needs to be as simple as funding with your credit card/debit card/paypal to buy and exit back to paypal/bank account through a simple portal or ATM.   Many may say that the whole point is to get away from conventional banking...and sure after several years yes.  Till then they need to work in tandem.

I agree but the main problem that is slowing things up are regulations and uncertainties in that area. Services like this continue to improve the cash aspect of getting into crypto: http://www.coindesk.com/bitquick-us-cash-bitcoin-market/
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 04:05:47 PM

I usually get MN payments like clockwork. But I'm at 5d7h without payments on my MNs. PoSe score of "0" so everything is working okay. I know the reference node was restarted a week ago, but with approx 4 days between payments I should have seen something by now, yes?
i'm in the same boat at 5d8h without payment. flare just updated my nodes to v22 so we'll see what happens.

all nodes now paid Grin

thats good news.  I'm waiting for Evan to get back to me on my MN's and see if something is wrong there.

UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 04:09:00 PM

now with Masternode POS, my nodes with version 17 should be updated to 22?

Considering it's a protocol bump, you're going to need to anyway or not get paid when enforcement kicks back on.

Enforcement is ON.

i thought evan said we had a week before v17 stopped getting paid. also we are only at 35% and i thought we needed 80-90% before enforcement kicked out old versions.
http://178.254.18.153/~pub/Darkcoin/masternode_payments_stats.html
shows enforcement has been 'On' since 2015-04-04-02:35:02.
it's all very confusing and needs to be clarified.

Enforcement is off when there is a high fork probability because of 2 versions live and incompatible. .22 update is backward compatible with .17 in terms of networking/block mining and only affects mixing and fixes some other bugs/issues so no fork is expected  Wink

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 04:11:30 PM

One of the main reasons The Foundation's members were pushing for re-branding were "certain exchanges" and "some retailers" that were adamant "We will never accept this coin as long as it is called Darkcoin."

Well, R.I.P. Darkcoin, so I wonder, what is the progress with these "exchanges" and "retailers," are they going to accept Dash now or was that just a ruse? Does anyone know about any REAL progress with some of the REAL businesses that were not going to accept Darkcoin but might Dash? Are they going to do it or not?

I am curious...

I am a specialty coffee shop owner. I'll accept dash after dash have an official mobile wallet.
No way for darkcoin, I can not explain it to my customers.

That's great ! Im a big fan of coffee Smiley
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 04:13:13 PM

all nodes now paid Grin

Was still on .17 ... I realize Evan doesn't directly control MN payments per se, but the reference node does. And he controls the reference node. Unless I misunderstand.

Anyway, mine are all good. Thanks Evan!!

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 04:17:33 PM

Any Dashcoin masternode calculators handy out there? Looking for the expected DASH right per month per 1 masternode.
TIA
JL
comparing the masternode profitability of another coins payout at it's ath to DASH is not very smart. the price will crash and it will end in tears and pissed off bagholders. i saw someone try to claim spread masternodes were more profitable than DASH before their anon dev went mia. i suspect he is the dev or a dev for another masternode based coin that had a short 3 day pow phase he could control with a few others, what could go wrong.

I agree 100% with that, he's back.......why wouldn't he be?   Greed is quite the motivator.

yeah he seemed like a pretty smart dev compared to most of the other privacy coin devs. he'll probably make a lot of money in his new venture and hopefully not disappear again.   Wink

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 04:22:27 PM

all nodes now paid Grin

thats good news.  I'm waiting for Evan to get back to me on my MN's and see if something is wrong there.

how many days since your last payments?

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 04:24:04 PM

I don't think that's a bad thing actually. In fact I'd be worried if it wasn't damn near impossible by now to convert fiat to crypto.

It indicates how absolutely scared sh*tless the central powers that be are of private currencies - and always have been for that matter.

The difference with crypto is that there's dick-all they can do about them except try to plug as many holes in the leaking fiat seive as they can while appearing to be "constructive and enthusiastic". Are they hell - they know it's hot lava to candle wax to let anything like cryptocurrency near the over-levered fiat banking system.

I don't think people realise how flaky and top-heavy the world financial system is now. Once Bretton Woods was kicked out the door and the 1990's derivatives mountain allowed to balloon to kingdom come there was no going back. The only thing keeping it pumped is the fact that it is so increidibly centralised with about 5 central banks keeping a beachball balanced on a pinhead in a co-ordinated manner.

The thing is, nothing can afford to go wrong. Confidence is everything when you've got a debt mountain backing everything. One major sovereign default and your primary capital layer turns from concrete to sponge cake and the last thing they need is new forms of base money turning up on the scene that they haven't got control of at a time like that.

According to Jim Willie, the main reason for the dollar's ballooning in value is the liquification of dollar denominated derivatives - i.e. people actually getting out of the dollar and into something else (like the new Russia-China gold backed world reserve). In the meantime they've got to transit through cash which is creating the demand pressure on the dollar which in turn devalues the commodity market (oil etc).

Meanwhile the Chinese and Japanese are getting ready (according to him) to revalue the gold market and call the western blank's bluff on the integrity of their physical reserves.

I don't know whats going to happen or when, but I feel in my bones that the emergence of cryptocurrency and the demise of the state-backed financial system are somehow exquisitely synchronised by universal forces beyond our comprehension to propel us into paradise  Cheesy (Just a thought Smiley )

bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 04:35:15 PM

Just food for thought.

Although useful...these are not viable solutions for everyday joe.   It needs to be as simple as funding with your credit card/debit card/paypal to buy and exit back to paypal/bank account through a simple portal or ATM.   Many may say that the whole point is to get away from conventional banking...and sure after several years yes.  Till then they need to work in tandem.

I agree but the main problem that is slowing things up are regulations and uncertainties in that area. Services like this continue to improve the cash aspect of getting into crypto: http://www.coindesk.com/bitquick-us-cash-bitcoin-market/

My thoughts are if they can do offshore casinos and gambling sites....why current there be a off shore entity to act as a portal in and out of crypto.   I understand there will be concerns with terror and money laundering.   But the next big thing in this ecosystem is a gateway to deal with very complicated system of putting money in...waiting for it to clear, go to an exchange, deposit your BTC...then trade BTC for Darkcoin....withdraw Darkcoin to your wallet, login to my winery site, but goods.   Way to many steps and complicated for first time users.  KISS principle is very much in order Wink

bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 04:38:37 PM

I don't think that's a bad thing actually. In fact I'd be worried if it wasn't damn near impossible by now to convert fiat to crypto.

It indicates how absolutely scared sh*tless the central powers that be are of private currencies - and always have been for that matter.

The difference with crypto is that there's dick-all they can do about them except try to plug as many holes in the leaking fiat seive as they can while appearing to be "constructive and enthusiastic". Are they hell - they know it's hot lava to candle wax to let anything like cryptocurrency near the over-levered fiat banking system.

I don't think people realise how flaky and top-heavy the world financial system is now. Once Bretton Woods was kicked out the door and the 1990's derivatives mountain allowed to balloon to kingdom come there was no going back. The only thing keeping it pumped is the fact that it is so increidibly centralised with about 5 central banks keeping a beachball balanced on a pinhead in a co-ordinated manner.

The thing is, nothing can afford to go wrong. Confidence is everything when you've got a debt mountain backing everything. One major sovereign default and your primary capital layer turns from concrete to sponge cake and the last thing they need is new forms of base money turning up on the scene that they haven't got control of at a time like that.

According to Jim Willie, the main reason for the dollar's ballooning in value is the liquification of dollar denominated derivatives - i.e. people actually getting out of the dollar and into something else (like the new Russia-China gold backed world reserve). In the meantime they've got to transit through cash which is creating the demand pressure on the dollar which in turn devalues the commodity market (oil etc).

Meanwhile the Chinese and Japanese are getting ready (according to him) to revalue the gold market and call the western blank's bluff on the integrity of their physical reserves.

I don't know whats going to happen or when, but I feel in my bones that the emergence of cryptocurrency and the demise of the state-backed financial system are somehow exquisitely synchronised by universal forces beyond our comprehension to propel us into paradise  Cheesy (Just a thought Smiley )

True...and I agree with  most of your post.  The issue lies is that the economy is powered by everyday consumers...consuming things.  Consuming things requires money...and creates felocity.  We need everyday consumers in to use crypto to create felocity....and create a value to the utility of cryptos.

AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 04:43:11 PM

What's going on?  I thought DASH was to hit 0.027 today?

The DASH bagholders are too busy talking about Monero. it must be exhausting being a DASHtard and constantly having to defend your scammy, centralized shitcoin built from the ground up on lies, fraud and instamines. Not to mention changed parameters after launch. How embarrassing it must be for them to try and justify.

In other news, my March 31 call is working out nicely:

Here you go

It'll probably have a little bump around 0.012 before continuing the downtrend.

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 04:43:46 PM

all nodes now paid Grin

Was still on .17 ... I realize Evan doesn't directly control MN payments per se, but the reference node does. And he controls the reference node. Unless I misunderstand.

Anyway, mine are all good. Thanks Evan!!
v17, interesting. i think all is good but the waiting line (days) is getting longer as we approach the ath mn count again. the roi has been amazingly smooth since the beginning.
i don't understand exactly how the whole ref node and different enforcement mechanisms work but it looks like it's all working and keeping everyone's place in line now, it did when i updated.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 04:59:50 PM

My thoughts are if they can do offshore casinos and gambling sites....why current there be a off shore entity to act as a portal in and out of crypto.   I understand there will be concerns with terror and money laundering.   But the next big thing in this ecosystem is a gateway to deal with very complicated system of putting money in...

I think that's kind of what BTCe is.

When I first got into this I felt like I was doing some kind of clandestine underworld black-market activity. Sending passport fotos to Hungary and all sorts.

The problem with fiat is that it isn't really money - it's just a number in a book held by an arbitrary counterparty. You can't actually spend it yourself, you've got to get them to spend it on your behalf. That's true for just about every single financial movement anybody makes outside of buying bubblegum with pennies in their local sweetshop.

I think that crypto might take off in other ways - for example, people just start accepting it for goods and services. Bypass the whole fiat system and the economy grows on its own without having to be "capitalised" externally.
Siexpert

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:04:19 PM

Hi toknormal,

thanks for the analysis.
I got used to the unfortunate habit of crypto guys saying "short" when they mean they simply "sold".
Are talking about real shorts when you talk about being short? On Bitfinex?

No, there is currently no way to short DRK on Bitfinex, only to sell just like on any other exchange.
TheDasher

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:06:21 PM

What's going on?  I thought DASH was to hit 0.027 today?

The DASH bagholders are too busy talking about Monero. it must be exhausting being a DASHtard and constantly having to defend your scammy, centralized shitcoin built from the ground up on lies, fraud and instamines. Not to mention changed parameters after launch. How embarrassing it must be for them to try and justify.

In other news, my March 31 call is working out nicely:

Here you go

It'll probably have a little bump around 0.012 before continuing the downtrend.

It sure it is embarrassing for the brainwashed DASH bag holders.  Too bad there is no way to short DASH, that would be a great way to make a killing.
Pages: « 1 ... 4602 4603 4604 4605 4606 4607 4608 4609 4610 4611 4612 4613 4614 4615 4616 4617 4618 4619 4620 4621 4622 4623 4624 4625 4626 4627 4628 4629 4630 4631 4632 4633 4634 4635 4636 4637 4638 4639 4640 4641 4642 4643 4644 4645 4646 4647 4648 4649 4650 4651 [4652] 4653 4654 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 4683 4684 4685 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 4691 4692 4693 4694 4695 4696 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: