Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:32:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4650 4651 4652 4653 4654 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 4683 4684 4685 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 4691 4692 4693 4694 4695 4696 4697 4698 4699 [4700] 4701 4702 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722710 times)
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 08:00:11 PM

In depth predictive statistical analysis of troll like anti-social behavior for potential future banned users (FBUs) ...

Characterizing antisocial behavior.
We compare the activity of users who are later banned from a community, or
Future-Banned Users (FBUs), with that of users who were
never banned, or Never-Banned Users (NBUs).
By analyzing the language of their posts, we find significant differences
between these two groups. For example, FBUs tend to write
less similarly to other users, and their posts are harder to un-
derstand according to standard readability metrics. They are
also more likely to use language that may stir further conflict
(e.g., they use less positive words and use more profanity).

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1504.00680v1.pdf

Predicting future banning.
Last, we show that a user’s posting behavior can be used to make predictions about who
will be banned in the future. Inspired by our empirical analysis,
we design features that capture various aspects of antisocial behavior: post content, user activity, community response,
and the actions of community moderators. We find that we can predict with over 80% AUC (area under the ROC
curve) whether a user will be subsequently banned.
In fact, we only need to observe 5 to 10 user’s posts before a classifier is able to make a reliable prediction. Further, cross-
domain classification performance remains high, suggesting that the features indicative of antisocial behavior
that we discover are not community-specific.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
poiuty

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 08:30:21 PM

Welcome to P2POOL.PL
Anonymous | stable | fee 0%

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 09:27:06 PM

Oh how sad!  I know why nobody is here!  They're out partying on a Friday night, and I have no life and sit here hoping someone will discuss DACs "Distributed Autonomous Corporations".  Sigh, I'm such an old geek.............. Cry Undecided Lips sealed Tongue

Welp, I'm gonna try and get some sleep ;P

Ha ha!

I drink alone...... yah, with nobody else ......

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
bitalkpl

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 09:28:28 PM

Slowly But Surely time to buy Cheesy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqgFVERCb78

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 09:37:34 PM

Oh how sad!  I know why nobody is here!  They're out partying on a Friday night, and I have no life and sit here hoping someone will discuss DACs "Distributed Autonomous Corporations".  Sigh, I'm such an old geek.............. Cry Undecided Lips sealed Tongue

Considering what damage normal corporations do, I find it hard to imagine them being anything but a bad idea.

Edit: In the sense that they are already essential amoral algorithmic profit/rent seeking entities so making them more efficient aka DAC's will just worsen the problem. I mean just look at the whole nuclear sized clusterfucks that HFT(High Frequency Trading) causes. Unless perhaps they abided by some other parameters, but those DAC's they would make less money then less people would invest in them and they would have a smaller impact anyway.

What if there is an entity that is funded, maybe with a bunch of coins from the begining, and only the income those coins make, say in masternodes, is allowed to be allocated toward development.  And any project is voted on, given the OK.  That way, as the coin is adopted by more and more people, and the value goes up, so does the value of those coins that are allowed to be spent (in real value) and therefore they can pay for more projects and the whole thing can scale.

The way corporations work today has nothing to do with DAC's.  In fact they're emotionless, and autonomous.

In a way, it'd be quite amazing.  How can you sue a DAC?  You could never get it to pay out!  Not unless you get the whole voting network to agree to do so.  Which wouild be unlikely.  And it would be as impossible to shut down as any coin. So it could be programed to work for the benefit of the coin, and the coin alone.  You've got to think outside the box and words you're used to.  Like me, I considered myself a capitalist, I have an idea of what that means in my head, but you youngens taught me that the word has changed which makes me now an anarchist, which used to mean pure chaos to me, which I don't agree with.  So go back to a basic foundational meaning for corporation... which it isn't even, because it's not associated with any people!  But it does have to have voting shares.

Anyway, listen to some Andreas Antonoupolos talks, they're amazing, they'll make you think totally outside the box!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 09:46:46 PM

Deutsche ?

DASH: Interview mit Evan Duffield – Bitcoin genießt eine Monopolstellung, die ungesund ist

http://blog.btcgermany.eu/dash-interview-mit-evan-duffield-bitcoin-geniesst-eine-monopolstellung-die-ungesund-ist/

Bitte weiterposted in deutschen blogs, Tweets, Facebook und sonst wo !
Danke
 Grin

Aber, es sieht nicht gut aus, wenn das Jahr um da zu falsch ist. LOL

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 10:00:42 PM

I think I rambled on way too much, my question/points were:

DASH needs development and needs to grow, because it's the best solution out there IMO and in other's opinion, and we want to see it take over the world.

To succeed, DASH needs to grow.  It needs a super easy interface for the masses, one that makes it super easy to keep your funds safe.  It needs mature services.  loans? how does that work in a decentralized, deflationary economy?  Stock market, other infrastructure.  Unlike Banks, DASH and the masternode system lend themselves to many other solutions such as a decentralized exchange, a decentralized market place, a decentralized private internet.  The sky is the limit, and it's natural for DASH to expand in these ways.

But who will pay for all this work?  The potential is there, but funds are not.  Are there decentralized ways to fund a decentralized autonomous corporation, perhaps using this new voting system for decision making?  That could earn money to pay for future development?  Does anyone see a way that this could work.  It's not easy!  If this entity, like Andreas Antonopoulos explains, can own it's own funds, and spend them when needed, this is very intriguing.  How would projects get the green light?  How would this entity be funded?  

Do you think, as I do, that something like this must happen for DASH to survive into the distant future?

With DASH at $3.00 a worth of newly created units are valued at $241,452.00 a month. So if all of us would give up 5% of MN revenue, it would be $12,072.60 a month. (at 4% it would be $9,658.08)

Would be too much to ask to give 4% of the profit other people's work is creating for you / me / us to support the project? I know many people would be strongly against a mandatory contributions, but what if a wallet one uses for MN would have a simple option, check this box and 4% goes toward... ??

And if this fails (less than 50% of us do that) we try more.

I suspect, given Evan's approach of seeing MN as bonds and his background in finance, that Dash would see its future as an IPO, where Masternodes would be shares and have their own value, much higher than the compounded worth of Dash units in it...

Who knows how all this would develop, but I am for sure as curious as hell Smiley

Unfortunately, Masternodes take home about 34560 coins a month, take 4%, you have about 1382 coins, which is at current value, 4146 dollars.  It's just not enough.  To really hire enough developers to keep this project moving, I'd say we need more like what you say, 12-18 thousand dollars a month to start. and as the project grows, it'll need more developers, because there will be different needs in different parts of the world.  If the income in coins is a constant, and closer to 5000 coins per month, I think it would be viable for the foreseeable future.

Sub-Ether

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 10:06:14 PM

Considering what damage normal corporations do, I find it hard to imagine them being anything but a bad idea.

Edit: In the sense that they are already essential amoral algorithmic profit/rent seeking entities so making them more efficient aka DAC's will just worsen the problem. I mean just look at the whole nuclear sized clusterfucks that HFT(High Frequency Trading) causes. Unless perhaps they abided by some other parameters, but those DAC's they would make less money then less people would invest in them and they would have a smaller impact anyway.

What if there is an entity that is funded, maybe with a bunch of coins from the begining, and only the income those coins make, say in masternodes, is allowed to be allocated toward development.  And any project is voted on, given the OK.  That way, as the coin is adopted by more and more people, and the value goes up, so does the value of those coins that are allowed to be spent (in real value) and therefore they can pay for more projects and the whole thing can scale.

The way corporations work today has nothing to do with DAC's.  In fact they're emotionless, and autonomous.

In a way, it'd be quite amazing.  How can you sue a DAC?  You could never get it to pay out!  Not unless you get the whole voting network to agree to do so.  Which wouild be unlikely.  And it would be as impossible to shut down as any coin. So it could be programed to work for the benefit of the coin, and the coin alone.  You've got to think outside the box and words you're used to.  Like me, I considered myself a capitalist, I have an idea of what that means in my head, but you youngens taught me that the word has changed which makes me now an anarchist, which used to mean pure chaos to me, which I don't agree with.  So go back to a basic foundational meaning for corporation... which it isn't even, because it's not associated with any people!  But it does have to have voting shares.

Anyway, listen to some Andreas Antonoupolos talks, they're amazing, they'll make you think totally outside the box!

+1
Sounds like a decentralized positive feed back loop based on quality,productivity,democracy and proof of smartness (POSm), this could be huge.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 10:11:45 PM

In depth predictive statistical analysis of troll like anti-social behavior for potential future banned users (FBUs) ...

Characterizing antisocial behavior.
We compare the activity of users who are later banned from a community, or
Future-Banned Users (FBUs), with that of users who were
never banned, or Never-Banned Users (NBUs).
By analyzing the language of their posts, we find significant differences
between these two groups. For example, FBUs tend to write
less similarly to other users, and their posts are harder to un-
derstand according to standard readability metrics. They are
also more likely to use language that may stir further conflict
(e.g., they use less positive words and use more profanity).

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1504.00680v1.pdf

Predicting future banning.
Last, we show that a user’s posting behavior can be used to make predictions about who
will be banned in the future. Inspired by our empirical analysis,
we design features that capture various aspects of antisocial behavior: post content, user activity, community response,
and the actions of community moderators. We find that we can predict with over 80% AUC (area under the ROC
curve) whether a user will be subsequently banned.
In fact, we only need to observe 5 to 10 user’s posts before a classifier is able to make a reliable prediction. Further, cross-
domain classification performance remains high, suggesting that the features indicative of antisocial behavior
that we discover are not community-specific.

Wouldn't that discriminate against surfer dudes and rappers?  Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

Sub-Ether

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 10:54:58 PM

Wouldn't that discriminate against surfer dudes and rappers?  Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

ah pre-crime analytics

Yes guilty before being proven guilty, sound familiar?  Lips sealed  Wink  Roll Eyes

Here, picture Evan driving instead  Grin

scarface

Activity: 350

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 11:02:33 PM

anyone care to dumb down what makes this coin worth 15m? is it the hashing algorithm? right now the price seems stuck in the same limbo as dogecoin the initial pump/dump is over and now its just stable at this high market cap which im liking.

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 11:09:55 PM

anyone care to dumb down what makes this coin worth 15m? is it the hashing algorithm? right now the price seems stuck in the same limbo as dogecoin the initial pump/dump is over and now its just stable at this high market cap which im liking.

You can make private, fast and secure transactions (2FA soon for more security, masternodes blinding for more privacy), very active dev team (https://dashtalk.org/forums/official-developer-thread.15/) Dash does more than most coins so the market cap could be higher.
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 11:15:28 PM

anyone care to dumb down what makes this coin worth 15m?

You gotta get a lot of buzzy pumpy vague crapy (but trendy) promise on this one. Umbrell' yourself, stay strong, good luck.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 11:17:33 PM

You gotta get a lot of buzzy pumpy vague crapy (but trendy) promise on this one. Umbrell' yourself, stay strong, good luck.

The sig of this person ^ can explain the bias in that comment.
Sub-Ether

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 11:31:11 PM

Unique InstantX transaction locking of 4 seconds (contracts,multi sig and time future locking capable)
Darksend coin anonymity upto 18 mixes in 1 gives well over 99.9999 %  security.
Masternode 2 tier decentralized network provides a 'backhanded' type of 100% ASIC proof mining via proof of stake and proof of service.
Working and tested android wallet with instantX (soon iphone)
Masternodes provides a sybil/hostile seed resistant backbone to the main X11 proof of work network.
Fastest Tao update sync ratio of any known coin in existence.
Small wallet size of around 0.7 gigabytes storage required.
Fork of latest bitcoin version providing almost all of the its new features as well.

Plus more Dashing surprises ...

Sub-Ether

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 11:38:02 PM

The sig of this person ^ can explain the bias in that comment.

Yes, and he will ignore mine, empirically based data is simply not important to some people when they have such strong beliefs Wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 11:39:37 PM

Unique InstantX transaction locking of 4 seconds (contracts,multi sig and time future locking capable)
Darksend coin anonymity upto 18 mixes in 1 gives well over 99.9999 %  security.
Masternode 2 tier decentralized network provides a 'backhanded' type of 100% ASIC proof mining via proof of stake and proof of service.
Working and tested android wallet with instantX (soon iphone)
Masternodes provides a sybil/hostile seed resistant backbone to the main X11 proof of work network.
Fastest Tao update sync ratio of any known coin in existence.
Small wallet size of around 0.7 gigabytes storage required.
Fork of latest bitcoin version providing almost all of the its new features as well.

Plus more Dashing surprises ...

I was away from my computer for about 2 weeks, and started syncing 3 wallets at the same time when I got back: DASH, Doge, and HYPER. DASH was done miles ahead of the other coins. I was shocked. I knew it was fast, but I was still wow'd at just how fast in comparison it was to other wallets.
Sub-Ether

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 11:50:03 PM

I was away from my computer for about 2 weeks, and started syncing 3 wallets at the same time when I got back: DASH, Doge, and HYPER. DASH was done miles ahead of the other coins. I was shocked. I knew it was fast, but I was still wow'd at just how fast in comparison it was to other wallets.

Totally!  Grin
It shows the quality,cleaness and efficiency of the coding, when I update other wallets they are all getting slower (quark was tediously slow for example). Have not got round to bench marking ye olde Doge and hyper yet, but the results are somewhat predictable.

From a couple of months ago, some back of the envelope calculations if you missed them..

Dash blockchain size = 0.5715 GigaBytes
        Days since genesis block=370 days
        Average Rate of growth for blockchain per day=1.5 MegaBytes/day

quarkcoin block size = 2.4 GigaBytes
        days since genesis block = 550 days
        average rate of growth for blockchain per day = 4.3 MegaBytes/day

litecoin blockchain size = 3.99 GigaBytes
        days since genesis block = 1201 days
        average rate of growth for blockchain per day = 3.3 MegaBytes/day

dogecoin blockchain size = 8.49 GigaBytes
        days since genesis block = 412 days
        average rate of growth for blockchain per day = 20 MegaBytes/day

bitcoin blockchain size = 34.3 GigaBytes
        days since genesis block = 2205 days
        average rate of growth for blockchain = 15 MegaBytes/day

Monero blockchain size =3.5 gigabytes
        days since genesis block =303 days
        average rate of growth for blockchain =11.6 megabytes/day

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 12:19:01 AM

Dumbed down, that's my forte!

The algorithm is least important, though it has served us well.

The coins are completely fungible, that means that nobody can tell one coin from another, like with Bitcoin, you can tell if coins, have been at a gambling site, or used for drug money (that is if you've identified drug dealers, etc...) which means that places like Coinbase can say "I'm not accepting those, they've been used at a gambling site, which isn't OK with the government! 

DASH has DarkSend which mixes, in the wallet, your coins with everyone elses and that keeps them fungible.  BUT at the same time, they give you privacy.  If you send coins to a merchant, that say, the Government can peek in on, or even a nosy merchant, They know the addresses of the coins you sent to them came from you, but those coins are not going to lead back to a wallet, exposing what else you have in there.  They're a dead end.

Instant transactions.  You can send someone funds, and they'll get it on average in 4 seconds, ready to spend if they need to!

Now, all this came about because of Masternodes.  Masternodes are a secondary network that works along side the miners.  They enabled DarkSend and InstantX and they are primed to enable DASH to do so much more in the near future.  Right now, though, we're concentrating on making all these technologies better.  We have a thing called a reference node, which is a node that keeps track of which masternodes have been paid, and makes sure everyone gets paid before going through the list again.  This is centralized.  Not because it's impossible to decentralize it but because it was a shortcut to get the other things running smoother (masternode owners were getting grumpy because when taking a chance at the spin of a wheel each time the network chooses a masternode for the round, you may average a certain number of payments, but you can be on the extreme ends not getting paid much at all or getting lots of payments.  Masternode owners wanted that straightened out pretty badly, so the refernece node was created, as it was faster and simpler to implement than decentralizing it, which was always in the plans, and is currently being worked out, but like I said was a temporary solution.

Now, the development team has implemented voting.  I see a lot of uses for that!

One thing I still want to see done with DASH and it's masternodes, is a decentralized exchange.  For me, that's paramount.

Other assets, an extremely hard working lead developer and the rest of the team seem just as enthusiastic and hard working as Evan himself.  A great community.  Oh gosh, those are the things at the top of my head. 

DASH is here, DASH works, DASH is full of Development do-ers.

WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 12:32:20 AM

That is really cool!  I'm sure Evan is swampped, if you write to him, make sure your first sentence is simple, like "we have a way to put all account addresses under a user friendly name, to make cryptos easier to use for the public."  Then go on to explain it.  - Just my suggestion.  I think it's got to be hard for him to read all the emails he must get, though I'd bet he tries.  Still, he could have lost track of yours Smiley
[/quote]

Thanks for the info,   I'm not much of a marketer so I can try throwing that at the top of my next email to him.   =)

Just an FYI.   For now (before we have an official workflow to discount Dash group)  Anyone who registers by the normal means and purchases a key,  I'll send a full refund in BTC or DASH to the address they associate to their Vanikey.    This will allow us to fully vet the registration process.

Right now its $6.   I'll send back the exact amount of BTC or if you want dash,  I'll send the current exchange rate.

Thanks everyone!    (www.vanikey.com)

Pages: « 1 ... 4650 4651 4652 4653 4654 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 4683 4684 4685 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 4691 4692 4693 4694 4695 4696 4697 4698 4699 [4700] 4701 4702 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: