Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:32:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4652 4653 4654 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 4683 4684 4685 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 4691 4692 4693 4694 4695 4696 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 [4702] 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722506 times)
Cryptozillah

Activity: 687
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 11:26:23 AM

Please, keep it

Chill out Smiley
3rd ATH is comming...
3rd ATH ?
It did not even brake the first ATH this time, thats why it went back down.

quoting myself:
The rise in the price we saw was a combination of bitcoin going down and DRK rebranding at the same time creating a pump out of nothing really.
I think we will see a floor somewhere in the middle between 0.01 and 0.013

Some people here need to get their feet back on the ground.
People are on the moon and DRK/Dash is still at earth.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 12:05:47 PM

*******RED F*ING ALERT********

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 12:41:07 PM

Bitterness is strong here today hmmmm.

Anyhoo...anyone know if it's one or more of our community members behind Node40?

I'm interested to know how the service is progressing.

Node 40 is run by Perry Woodin, who is orangecycle on DCT. Otoh has used his services and raves about his professionalism. If you need something like this, it's highly recommended.

Yep, I like them a lot, they also kindly imported the masternodes that I have with Holger/Flare for me so that I can see them on their monitoring page as well.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Kienbui

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 01:07:53 PM

2,425 active masternodes!
orangecycle

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 01:30:11 PM

Anyhoo...anyone know if it's one or more of our community members behind Node40?

Node 40 is run by Perry Woodin, who is orangecycle on DCT. Otoh has used his services and raves about his professionalism. If you need something like this, it's highly recommended.

Yep, I like them a lot, they also kindly imported the masternodes that I have with Holger/Flare for me so that I can see them on their monitoring page as well.

Thanks for all of the positive plugs on the last couple of pages. As Tao mentioned, I do post occasionally on DCT and you should certainly feel free to direct message me there. I do read every post here on BCT, although I don't comment much (obviously).

One thing I want to point out is that Node40 is not just me (an individual). Node40 is an incorporated business and I just happen to be the public face.

If you haven't used our masternode monitor yet, check it out at https://node40.com. We have a slightly different model from elberethzone's fantastic ninja site. Instead of displaying all masternodes, we only show the masternodes you are tracking. It's a page I keep open 24/7 to watch my own masternodes. This week, we'll be adding a few more columns and will push out some UI updates. If you've got suggestions, feel free to shout them out here or on DCT https://dashtalk.org/threads/node40-masternode-management-services.4447/#post-51428
alex-ru
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 01:51:07 PM

Interested in Dash? New article for you:

Dash ("Digital Cash") - Decentralized Startup
https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-digital-cash-decentralized-startup.4689/

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 02:04:18 PM

2,425 active masternodes!

All controlled by one MasterMasterNode.   Undecided

We're told 'don't worry, it's not impossible to decentralize' but offered no timeline, much less specifics.

I submit that one does not simply decentralize the Reference Node.

Show me the whitepaper/math/pseudocode, or admit the MasterMasterNode is here to stay.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
chompyZ

Activity: 291

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 02:25:12 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2015, 02:12:15 PM by chompyZ

I am a darkcoiner from almost the beginning. I hardly post today and like contributing what i can from the background.  
A year ago [minus 6 days exactly], i posted this on Darkcoin forum:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6390821#msg6390821

tl:dr - masternodes are ingenious, BUT large investors will make profits that small investors can't, hence the inequality of darkcoin distribution will widen.

That is why i also voted against reducing coin supply.
A month later, i posted this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6511073#msg6511073

tl:dr - Address- XosXcEm3Y6Mv6tmBKd1rUWhqB9Pf1hABj7  started accumulating darkcoins a week ago and now it already has 192,000 DRK !!! 4.6% of coins in circulation.

Fast forward -
Several days ago it was confirmed that someone (presumably Otoh), holds 675 masternodes:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/tx.dws?1702385.htm

I have nothing against otoh. I heard only great things about him, and I'm sure he is a wonderfull guy. But the fact remains that this is a staggering amount of masternodes, and its growth beyond that of small bag-holders is imho a serious issue.

I do not have a solution up my sleeve, although I've heard of ideas for community masternodes and P2P run masternodes. Still, this requires development, and a decision (voting? by whom?).

However, i do have a small request:
If you decided to run your masternodes via Masternode Service Providers rather than by yourself, PLEASE PLEASE distribute your masternodes among them, or choose the least largest provider. Having otoh's 675 masternodes run by node40 along with all their other clients makes it a centralized point of concern.
 and frankly, gives me a chill.

FWIW, I know of several users who have started using masternode.me services recently and are very happy from this service.
The payment is the same with any service provider you choose, and unless you have dozens of masternodes, then interface, graphs and other pyrotechnics are meaningless. You go in to view these data/charts/tables/whatever them only once in ages at most.

Keep Dash decentralized. Please.
crowning

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

Activity: -42

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 02:34:12 PM

tl:dr - masternodes are ingenious, BUT large investors will make profits that small investors can't, hence the inequality of darkcoin distribution will widen.

I 100% agree on the decentralization, spread your Masternodes out to more VPS/Masternode providers.

I disagree on the inequality  part, even if you just own 100 DASH you can put them into one of those excellent Masternode pooling services and gain percentage wise exactly the same (..as long as the service costs don't eat your earnings).
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 02:37:26 PM

I am a darkcoiner from almost the beginning. I hardly post today and like contributing what i can from the background.  
A year ago [minus 6 days exactly], i posted this on Darkcoin forum:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0

That is why i also voted against reducing coin supply.
A month later, i posted this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0

tl:dr - Address- XosXcEm3Y6Mv6tmBKd1rUWhqB9Pf1hABj7  started accumulating darkcoins a week ago and now it already has 192,000 DRK !!! 4.6% of coins in circulation.

Fast forward -
Several days ago it was confirmed that someone (presumably Otoh), holds 675 masternodes:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/tx.dws?1702385.htm

I have nothing against otoh. I heard only great things about him, and I'm sure he is a wonderfull guy. But the fact remains that this is a staggering amount of masternodes, and its growth beyond that of small bag-holders is imho a serious issue.

I do not have a solution up my sleeve, although I've heard of ideas for community masternodes and P2P run masternodes. Still, this requires development, and a decision (voting? by whom?).

However, i do have a small request:
If you decided to run your masternodes via Masternode Service Providers rather than by yourself, PLEASE PLEASE distribute your masternodes among them, or choose the least largest provider. Having otoh's 675 masternodes run by node40 along with all their other clients makes it a centralized point of concern.
 and frankly, gives me a chill.

FWIW, I started using masternode.me recently and are very happy from this service.
The payment is the same with any service provider you choose, and unless you have dozens of masternodes, then interface, graphs and other pyrotechnics are meaningless. You go in to view these data/charts/tables/whatever them only once in ages at most.

Chance of 700 rogue Masternodes out of 2400+ causing any service impact: almost zero.

Chance of just 2 compromised pool servers wreaking severe havoc on the blockchain: 100%

Priorities...  Tongue
Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 02:48:00 PM

To those claiming Dash is "centralized on Evan" (which is actually a desperate attempt to use the word "centralized" despite not being applicable in this context): In this video Mike Hearn makes an excellent comparison between Bitcoin and Linux development, watch till 11:27:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RIafZXRDH7w#t=632

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 02:58:48 PM

When a former core dev starts writing anti DashHole domination posts, it's time to stock up on popcorn.

For vertoe to say these things is like Hal Finney quitting Bitcoin, calling it a Ponzi and Satoshi a scammer.

darkcoin or however it will be called next year is not a decentralized entity.

darkcoin is like an old conservative company with strong hierarchical comamnd structures and a single person on the top of the pyramid. evan duffield.

the rebranding using a detergent name was just a step forward in creating something like apple or paypal.

fuck this i tell you. what we need is a trustless, decentralized and anonymous currency. darkcoin is not decentralized as it still relies on a single person. and this reaches deep into the code base.

the core devs were just a bunch of volunteers exploited for the big thing. i was spending 25 hours a day monitory everything that happened in the darkcoin community for more than a year. the things going on here are fishy, intransparent and rely on a single entity.

i will get out and and will contribute to something decentralized and anonymous. i always hoped darkcoin could fill that void. i cant blame anyone to stay with this project. you are probably investors trying to win a gold donkey. or you are simply trying to exploit every possible vector of profit in the coins space. whatever. you are not here because darkcoin is something it claims to be.

I will not return or contribute to darkcoin as long as it is nothing more than a company selling a product. And I dont want to offend anyone when I say I simply have to smile when I see that darkcoin wants to take on bitcoin. Bitcoin is a consensus protocol specification, a team of developers maintaining a reference implementation, miners sustaining the consensus throughout the network and a democratic foundation which does nothing than public relations.

Darkcoin has none of this and should take the time to learn why it's important to support decentralization over corporate-like behaviour, why it's important to achieve a network consensus by miners not developers and why it's important to have democratic fallback infrastructure in place in case there are disputes without consensus.
darkcoin is competion for paypal, not bitcoin.
corporations can fail. cryptocurrencies cant. mistrust authority, promote decentralization.

Dear vertoe,

Thank you for blowing the whistle on these scamming DashHoles.

None of the people attacking you with ad hom nonsense (they even used the old shopworn 'disgruntled' cliche!) have the authority to second-guess your unique perspective, experience, and expertise as a former DARKCOIN core dev and insider:

Welcome our new core developer, Vertoe!

Vertoe (AKA “vertoe”) is an acadamic grade software engineer fallen in
love with C/C++. She is working as a freelance programmer for a well
known NGO in the area of netactivism and recently started backporting
upstream features to enable a modern Darkcoin Core reference implementation.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Macrochip

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 03:08:25 PM

Oh look, another ignored post!

How's the ASIC scamming going, Eduardo? Shipped another zero units out this week?
I know Dash is ruining your fraud scheme, don't feel bad, though: The grease in your hair should make a good cushion when you sleep in prison next to a big black guy making love to you.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 03:08:41 PM

I 100% agree on the decentralization, spread your Masternodes out to more VPS/Masternode providers.

I disagree on the inequality  part, even if you just own 100 DASH you can put them into one of those excellent Masternode pooling services and gain percentage wise exactly the same (..as long as the service costs don't eat your earnings).

The only solution I can see is:

> Create socket puppet account

> Become a super troll

> Force the price down

> Buy up as much as you can

> Talk the price up

Or, possibly,

Sell body parts (your own ( Tongue), e.g. kidney, etc)?
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 03:18:31 PM

To those claiming Dash is "centralized on Evan" (which is actually a desperate attempt to use the word "centralized" despite not being applicable in this context): In this video Mike Hearn makes an excellent comparison between Bitcoin and Linux development, watch till 11:27:

linux is an operating system

bitcoin is a currency

Mike Hearn is saying if a group of people is in control things get done. that may be good for an operating system but for a currency i highly doubt that.

lets say you fucked up or got head bashed by ignition75, the operating system development goes to shit---> i moved to a better/another OS

lets say you fucked up or got head bashed by ignition75, the coin development goes to shit ---> investment/money/transactions.....it's gone!

if you disagree with my statement above, i dont care, but answer that simple question: what if evan duffield suddenly announces he quits the project tomorrow morning?

I'd go off and do something else.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 03:21:57 PM

Oh look, another ignored post!

How's the ASIC scamming going, Eduardo? Shipped another zero units out this week?
I know Dash is ruining your fraud scheme, don't feel bad, though: The grease in your hair should make a good cushion when you sleep in prison next to a big black guy making love to you.

Your post doesn't even once mention Dash.

The topic is Dash.

Random posters' biographies and personalities are off-topic.

Please discuss Dash or GTFO.

Let's start by asking exactly how and when the Reference Masternode will be decentralized.

So far, we have one claim that the task is "not impossible."

That doesn't inspire confidence.  How about some specifics, or at least a general outline, for this supposed decentralized MasterMasterNode?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 03:28:11 PM

QED

You see nothing for days or weeks, and then two in the space of a few minutes.

* Socket

* Puppet
Macrochip

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 03:32:15 PM

I know Dash is ruining your fraud scheme

Your post doesn't even once mention Dash.

Not only do you fail at scamming people with your ASIC fraud scheme, Eduardo de Castro, you even fail to read short postings. Read again, maybe you will see it this time.

bitalkpl

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 03:36:30 PM

(...)

I think that the coming years will belong to the ARM platform. AMD is working on a server-ARM processors. As soon as the rental period ends VPS, I am going to run Masternode on  
  • Raspberry Pi 2 or
  • Banana Pi or
  • Orange Pi or
  • Odroid C1
That's how I see decentralization.
I hope that there will soon be downloadable official builds on the ARM platform.

Macrochip

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 03:40:24 PM

linux is an operating system

bitcoin is a currency

Mike Hearn is saying if a group of people is in control things get done. that may be good for an operating system but for a currency i highly doubt that.

lets say you fucked up or got head bashed by ignition75, the operating system development goes to shit---> i moved to a better/another OS

lets say you fucked up or got head bashed by ignition75, the coin development goes to shit ---> investment/money/transactions.....it's gone!

if you disagree with my statement above, i dont care, but answer that simple question: what if evan duffield suddenly announces he quits the project tomorrow morning?

I'd go off and do something else.

This entire post is instantly exposed as utterly retarded when I present the only possible alternative it obviously implies:
"No one should be in charge of development. Cryptocurrencies gonna develop themselves hurr durr!"

You're a "special" troll, aren't you?

Pages: « 1 ... 4652 4653 4654 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 4683 4684 4685 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 4691 4692 4693 4694 4695 4696 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 [4702] 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: