Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:05:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 4683 4684 4685 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 4691 4692 4693 4694 4695 4696 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 4703 4704 [4705] 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 4753 4754 4755 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 05:02:25 AM

We are nearly ready to release the newer version of the android wallet for Dash that has:
1) Updated graphics for Dash
2) Paper Wallet Sweep
3) PIN

https://github.com/HashEngineering/darkcoin-wallet/releases/tag/v4.18r1

Let me know your feedback.  If it's positive, then I will update Google Play.

Please fix the plural form though. "No Dashs received so far" shouldn't it simply be "No Dash received so far" it's like saying No Cashs received so far...

How to get Dashs? should also be fixed.

otherwise looks great.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 05:43:42 AM

Edit,
- i think we started the page 4-5 months ago
- Russian Video "Evan DRK intro" is top Viewed (1339 views) !!!
pretty interesting
months ago I post video in this topic
https://forum.bits.media/index.php?/topic/5740-dash-darkcoin/ (2444 messages and 123 pages)

WHOW, well done
(i love listening to evan in russian  Wink)
China + Russia are the biggest hitters after english speaking countries on the main webpage !

Edit:
i just started an extended idea here (time to be more proactive there i guess)
https://dashtalk.org/threads/russian-translated-videos.4692/

This is really interesting -- https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkcoinTV/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=grid -- by far the most views are for the Russian version. I am curious about analytics, how much of the video they really watch i.e. how many of us went there out of curiosity. (clicked on the video and left without really watching it)

Chinese Mandarin, Brazilian Portuguese and Russian seem like a good focus.
HashEngineering

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Independent Cryptoveloper

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 06:49:28 AM

We are nearly ready to release the newer version of the android wallet for Dash that has:

Please fix the plural form though. "No Dashs received so far" shouldn't it simply be "No Dash received so far" it's like saying No Cashs received so far...

How to get Dashs? should also be fixed.

otherwise looks great.

Thanks for this.  I was going off an older version of the Dash Core which did have "Dashs" as the plural of Dash.  Dash Core was updated to be "Dash" as the plural.

GRS:  FrFpTbfEAni5Ruf8mNdwVQazJVJaQyEM2Y
BTC:  128Ptecsv4j6NoxdBxdvGzBtipfaAarZMJ
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=336215 - Android Wallet Creation Service
Kienbui

Activity: 478

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 07:14:47 AM

2) Paper Wallet Sweep
3) PIN

https://github.com/HashEngineering/darkcoin-wallet/releases/tag/v4.18r2 (updated to fix help display bugs)

Geat!

I want to try it soon.
deliveryman

Activity: 277

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 07:31:21 AM

2) Paper Wallet Sweep
3) PIN

https://github.com/HashEngineering/darkcoin-wallet/releases/tag/v4.18r2 (updated to fix help display bugs)

Geat!

I want to try it soon.

Time to polish my android tablet :z
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 08:03:39 AM

Just in case anyone actually pays attention to that abrasive person who keeps yelling "centralized reference node!"

If that person had bothered to actually READ tantestefana2's post (or at least performed one iota of research) he would understand that Dash still works even without the reference node.  All it does is make masternode payments less random and more regular. Take away the reference node and they become more random and possibly more prone to exploit, but it still works nonetheless.

Gee, look what I found by simply googling "darkcoin reference node" and clicking the very first search result:

To only pay active masternodes, pay masternodes evenly and ensure that all pools pay the correct node and amount we’ve introduced a new type of node, the reference node. This node has a special key that allows it to tell the network which nodes get paid, on which blocks in the future. Anyone on the network can verify these nodes are doing their job (i.e. not tampering with the results) by running the code and comparing the payee’s due to the deterministic algorithm used. In case of DDOS or a service failure, the network defaults to paying random masternodes as it does now.

First we hear MasterMasterNode decentralization is "not impossible."

But when I ask for specifics, the answer is 'we don't need it anyway.'  Nice pivot.   Roll Eyes

I conclude that you people have no earthly idea how, much less plans, to decentralize the MasterMasterNode single-point-of-trusted-3rd-party-failure.

The hand-waving about how the MMN "not necessary" is a deflection to avoid admitting absolute centralization (BUS FACTOR=1) is a permanent feature of Dash.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 08:41:37 AM

Feeling good this morning

iCEBREAKER

Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)
Unignore

Re: [ANN][DASH] Dash | First Anonymous Coin | Inventor of X11, DGW, Darksend and InstantX
Today at 08:03:39 AM
Show/Hide
This user is currently ignored.

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 08:51:45 AM

Took a loss on my long on DASH. Will see if the 0.001 Area holds like last time and maybe buy it there. So far every support level is broken.

Short term bearish. Similar situation going on with XMR

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
wozzek23

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 09:09:32 AM

Took a loss on my long on DASH. Will see if the 0.001 Area holds like last time and maybe buy it there. So far every support level is broken.

I am so sad. Was it Darkcoin that took such a hit I'd be buying left and right. With this (yet) undefined thingy called dash (arrgghhh) I look at my paper loss and wonder does it make any sense to stay invested with something that does not excite me anymore.

And I used to be a cold-hearted investor who never gets emotionally attached to an investment. Look at me now ==> I lost my only real crypto love, Darkcoin, and am pining for it, still trying to warm up to its successor, but its is not happening, it is not happening... Smiley Smiley
Kienbui

Activity: 478

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 09:37:50 AM

Even the price drop to $1, I still strongly believe that Dash will be the winner of Cryptocurrencies.
m4z3

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 09:38:18 AM

WOW the price i really low, i guess i time to buy some more DASH
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 09:48:36 AM

I am so sad. Was it Darkcoin that took such a hit I'd be buying left and right. With this (yet) undefined thingy called dash (arrgghhh) I look at my paper loss and wonder does it make any sense to stay invested with something that does not excite me anymore.

And I used to be a cold-hearted investor who never gets emotionally attached to an investment. Look at me now ==> I lost my only real crypto love, Darkcoin, and am pining for it, still trying to warm up to its successor, but its is not happening, it is not happening... Smiley Smiley

I think Evan has huge plans for DASH.  If you wanted it to stay a niche dark market coin, I'm pretty sure you're going to be disappointed.  If you want it to take over the world, then you'll want to stay here.  It can't take over the world with a name like Darkcoin. 

Um, yah, take over the world, or a good chunk of it.  I'ts ok, you can call me crazy Wink  I don't mind Cheesy

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
wozzek23

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 10:09:17 AM

I think Evan has huge plans for DASH.  If you wanted it to stay a niche dark market coin, I'm pretty sure you're going to be disappointed.  If you want it to take over the world, then you'll want to stay here.  It can't take over the world with a name like Darkcoin.  

Um, yah, take over the world, or a good chunk of it.  I'ts ok, you can call me crazy Wink  I don't mind Cheesy

What the world needs is a total paradigm shift, "a global revolution in the sphere of human consciousness," as Václav Havel, the Czech President, said
addressing a Joint Session of the U.S. Congress in Washington, D.C. on February 21, 1990 and not some meek tweak on existing monstrosity. (electronic cash - digital dash)

I never understood "a niche dark market coin" argument. Dash could be used for same nefarious purposes as cash or Darkcoin or any other means of exchange. Trepidation, fueled by the Foundation vague fears of undefined dangers and vague non-committal non-promises from unnamed retailer and no-named exchanges, that created "re-branding" revealed the biggest weakness of this project: not its tech genius, its lack of character.

Do not get me wrong - Evan seems as a fantastic human being (charcter) and many guys and girls involved, you included, are the main reason why I am still here, and why I nibbled back to the point of owning (almost) the same number of "dash" as I had Darkcoins -- but the project itself that wants to be everything for everyone, while that "everyone" does not even know about existence of it, seems and feels as totally wrong approach.

Well, perhaps I would've told that to Bill Gates when he spoke about a personal computer on every desk, like in, who'd need that, I have no clue, but I was always very good in gauging the potential of a project and its possible outcome. Here and now I really have no clue does Dash have any real chance of succeeding. I really don't.

I wish it to succeed, after all I own a chunk of it and it would be nice to profit from it, but something does not smell right.

I am not forgetting enormous potential that is still here - just think of a remittance market (not an easy target to overcome, but huge to say the least) - and I can't foresee what sort of applications all of this could have in the real world and because of this weakness of mine, inability to predict, I am still on the fence.

We'll see, I guess...
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 10:11:40 AM

2) Paper Wallet Sweep
3) PIN

Tiny quibbles:
When making a send transaction, the current balance is not displayed at the same time.
Number of confirmations of last transaction is not numerically shown (the green chompy pacman symbol is a nifty idea though)
Changing from 2 to more accurate 4,6 and 8 digits in denominations settings results in a truncated 4th digit when phone is upright.
Can NOT change back to default setting of 2 decimal places in denomination settings (stuck with truncated,or microdash or milli dash)
(milli and micro dash settings appear ok)

Reasons to be cheerful:
Normal send/receive : Success
InstantX send/receive : Success
upgrade from previous version with wallet intact and menu update : Success
transaction defaults to darkcoin exployer with correct address :  success
blockchain reset with details and balance kept intact : success

Not checked:
Pin and wallet backup with complete restore : untested

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 10:20:44 AM

I think Evan has huge plans for DASH.  If you wanted it to stay a niche dark market coin, I'm pretty sure you're going to be disappointed.  If you want it to take over the world, then you'll want to stay here.  It can't take over the world with a name like Darkcoin. 

Um, yah, take over the world, or a good chunk of it.  I'ts ok, you can call me crazy Wink  I don't mind Cheesy

Dash is not "undefined" and Evan does have huge plans.

As vertoe says, Dash is competition for Paypal, not Bitcoin.

The market doesn't like this plan, so the price of Dash will tend toward zero.

It's a bad idea to invest in a coin with a permanent centralized point of 3rd party failure, AKA Reference Node.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 10:58:20 AM

I know Dash is ruining your fraud scheme

Your post doesn't even once mention Dash.

Not only do you fail at scamming people with your ASIC fraud scheme, Eduardo de Castro, you even fail to read short postings. Read again, maybe you will see it this time.

Grin

I love it when the truth comes out...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 10:58:30 AM

It's a bad idea to invest in a coin with a permanent centralized point of 3rd party failure, AKA Reference Node.

God, scraping for any last microscopically plausible arguments heh  Huh ? How sad... Now, the reference node is the source of all evil... wow ...
 Remember when you were bitching about how Darsend was closed source and how evil Evan was because of it, you ding-dong? Then what happened? Ah...

It's called "necessary development roadmap" - the spork - which is exactly what permits this currency to innovate so damn fast and with such monumental leaps in technology. And it has zero power to subvert the protocol. It is not permanent at all, as it was Dasrksend being closed-source was never a permanent deal.

What vertoe says has zero value, given the unethical manner in which he left. Angry, in tantrum with retaliatory actions. Talented as he may be, his has lost absolutely any credit and credibility in his say about Dash. Only trolls find legitimacy because it serves your purpose.

I wished him luck in his new coin, in his thread. I have nothing against him, just defending our honour over here.

If he is half a man (no pun intended), he would restrain from ever posting here.

If you only knew what is coming...
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 11:02:56 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2015, 11:39:40 AM by Ignition75

God, scraping for any last microscopically plausible arguments heh  Huh ? How sad... Now, the reference node is the source of all evil... wow ...
 Remember when you were bitching about how Darsend was closed source and how evil Evan was because of it, you ding-dong? Then what happened? Ah...

It's called "necessary development roadmap" - the spork - which is exactly what permits this currency to innovate so damn fast and with such monumental leaps in technology. And it has zero power to subvert the protocol. It is not permanent at all, as it was Dasrksend being closed-source was never a permanent deal.

What vertoe says has zero value, given the unethical manner in which he left. Angry, in tantrum with retaliatory actions. Talented as he may be, his has lost absolutely any credit and credibility in his say about Dash. Only trolls find legitimacy because it serves your purpose.

I wished him luck in his new coin, in his thread. I have nothing against him, just defending our honour over here.

If he is half a man (no pun intended), he would restrain from ever posting here.

If you only knew what is coming...

He's embarrassing himself in way's he can't even comprehend...

Our new clown... Kind of filled the void Shojayxt left behind...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 11:13:46 AM

vertoe only came back and dished dirt because toknormal was talking shit.  You say "unethical tantrums."  I say whistle-blowing.

otherwise she left with a (disappointing) minimum of drama.  'So long and thanks for all the fish' is an amicable way to part, especially in altcoin land.

I get that the 100% completely centralized MasterMasterNode is in theory "not permanent."  My beef is that it decentralizing it was characterized as a "not impossible" task, despite no demonstrated propensity for such an event to ever occur.

We all know the Reference Node is here to stay.  It's not going away, so you must spin that fact as A Good Thing.

That's fine, but please don't insult us by spinning tales of unicorns and decentralized MasterMasterNodes.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 11:22:45 AM

wozzek23, I just think DASH is going to become more than just a currency, it is going to get complex and grow in directions we never thought of before.  At least that's what I'm hoping for Smiley  If it works, we might change the world, and hopefully for the better, not just a new version of what was ;P

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Pages: « 1 ... 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 4683 4684 4685 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 4691 4692 4693 4694 4695 4696 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 4703 4704 [4705] 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 4753 4754 4755 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: