Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:37:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 4753 4754 4755 4756 4757 4758 4759 4760 4761 4762 4763 4764 [4765] 4766 4767 4768 4769 4770 4771 4772 4773 4774 4775 4776 4777 4778 4779 4780 4781 4782 4783 4784 4785 4786 4787 4788 4789 4790 4791 4792 4793 4794 4795 4796 4797 4798 4799 4800 4801 4802 4803 4804 4805 4806 4807 4808 4809 4810 4811 4812 4813 4814 4815 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 03:56:37 PM

The powers that shouldn't be ..
https://www.corbettreport.com/interview-1032-sgt-report-chinese-brics-in-the-new-world-order/
James has carefully documented the history of “8 Immortal Families” in his report ‘China and the New World Order‘ which shows how the 8 Immortals are totally connected to Henry Kissinger and the Rockefeller-Rothschild banking elite. “This is the way they will lead us into a New WORLD Order,”

Interesting, more like a little alert blurb, no depth, but it looks like we're seriously the only hope Wink  Bring 'em down baby!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 04:07:31 PM

There must be some reason they are continually dashing themselves upon the rocks of this forum and I swear upon Buddhas bountiful man breasts that at this point it must be some kind of perverted enjoyment.

The Trolling
It's just a question of statistics that an unmoderated thread is going to draw posts from a small number of demented nutcases who want to gorge on the available attention at other people's expense.

However there is also another reason. Dash is a controversial project in more ways than one.

The Differences from 'Last Year'
In particular, around this time last year, Dash's unique approach to anonymity (functional diversification of the network) started to emerge as just one of many new innovations going on across the altcoin market of the time. It wasn't particularly notable other than the fact that it supported the 'anonymity' features and it kind of passed under the radar on most other counts.

Over the last year, however, some major evolutions have occurred in the market which people probably did not predict:

[1] - the functional diversification approach that Dash took back then has worked. It's proven to be a generalised solution which immediately delivered 2 further breakthroughs over bitcoin: confirmation time and scaleability

[2] - Dash has emerged from the background in terms of marketcap to establish itself in the top 3 'pure currency' rankings

[3] - Bitcoin itself has prevailed over the flotilla of alts that came it's way. There is now very little, if any, prospect of any alt overturning bitcoin's transparent blockchain classic approach, starting again and gaining mainstream traction. In that respect Dash's remaining competitors in the market (at least in the anonymity sector) have walked straight into a huge cowpat by attempting to do exactly that

The 'Real controversy'
Note that Dash’s functional diversification approach is the one common denominator behind all these breakthroughs:

- anonymity
 - confirmation time
 - transaction scaleability
 - legacy compliance with the bitcoin architecture

This is the “real” controversy - not the instamine.

'The Decoy'
However, it *is* why the ‘instamine’ has taken on such a huge importance from the perspective of adversaries. They cannot afford for attention to be directed at Dash’s unique technical approach and its benefits because ALL other networks (bar Dash clones and Bitcoin 2.0’s) are still mono-functional. It would suddenly widen the official playing field to a point where they are so far away from the goalposts that many would probably have to throw in the towel.

The only way to keep the spotlight off the “real” controversy is therefore to keep the ‘instamine’ alive and keep throwing it in everybody’s faces to the exclusion of everything else. In fact its impact is of course academic. A market depth chart is a V-shape and will always be a V-shape. What that means is that for every trader that values as asset using a given set of criteria, there is always another trader who prioritises those same criteria differently. It was an unconventional birth but the value could have gone to zero.

It didn’t, and the reason it didn’t is what adversaries would prefer not to discuss.

Bump.  If you haven't read this yet, please do

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 04:53:06 PM

This thread

This is just a thread and it is composed of the aggregated posts of everyone. To be honest we, the Dash community, have been contributing to the off-topic conversation. All we need to do is stay on topic, stop replying to trolls and try to act the way we perceive ourselves like a mature and professional community. The troll's role is to be provocative and irrational our job is to understand that and try to make this discussion useful to the Dash community and to the industry at large.

Bitcointalk.org plays an important role in the crypto ecosystem, specially for altcoins, this is where it all starts. It also keeps the altcoin community together so we can interact with other communities, exchange ideas, provide feedback and keep the space moving.  You want the discussion to improve, just be mindful of what you post and ask yourself if it adds value.

I agree with this. Frankly, it's our community that's responsible for this thread becoming so cluttered. If everybody just put the trolls on ignore and didn't respond to them or mention them in any way, it wouldn't have been a problem. I have a very well-refined ignore list, as do most people who have been on this thread for awhile. Unfortunately, it's all of our own community members, who naturally are not on my ignore list, that's causing clutter and spam.

Post something relevant about Dash, or don't post. Put the trolls on ignore and you won't feel compelled to answer them or to refer to them. I, for instance, just laugh when I see half a page of smooth and AdamWhite with "This user is currently ignored" next to their names.

Words of wisdom.

what i think this thread need is more news about Dash next project / improvement etc, i think we still need this thread in this forum because this forum is the standart for any cryptoworld and if we want mass adoption, this thread is the first step.

maybe OP should delete all the troll post and noises and instead put more information about Dash.

newsflash : https://twitter.com/ShapeShift_io
You heard right! #ShapeShift has partnered with @PurseIO to allow @Amazon purchases to be made with #BTC, #XMR, #DASH & more purse.io

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 05:05:43 PM

This thread

This is just a thread and it is composed of the aggregated posts of everyone. To be honest we, the Dash community, have been contributing to the off-topic conversation. All we need to do is stay on topic, stop replying to trolls and try to act the way we perceive ourselves like a mature and professional community. The troll's role is to be provocative and irrational our job is to understand that and try to make this discussion useful to the Dash community and to the industry at large.

Bitcointalk.org plays an important role in the crypto ecosystem, specially for altcoins, this is where it all starts. It also keeps the altcoin community together so we can interact with other communities, exchange ideas, provide feedback and keep the space moving.  You want the discussion to improve, just be mindful of what you post and ask yourself if it adds value.

I agree with this. Frankly, it's our community that's responsible for this thread becoming so cluttered. If everybody just put the trolls on ignore and didn't respond to them or mention them in any way, it wouldn't have been a problem. I have a very well-refined ignore list, as do most people who have been on this thread for awhile. Unfortunately, it's all of our own community members, who naturally are not on my ignore list, that's causing clutter and spam.

Post something relevant about Dash, or don't post. Put the trolls on ignore and you won't feel compelled to answer them or to refer to them. I, for instance, just laugh when I see half a page of smooth and AdamWhite with "This user is currently ignored" next to their names.

Words of wisdom.

what i think this thread need is more news about Dash next project / improvement etc, i think we still need this thread in this forum because this forum is the standart for any cryptoworld and if we want mass adoption, this thread is the first step.

maybe OP should delete all the troll post and noises and instead put more information about Dash.

You heard right! #ShapeShift has partnered with @PurseIO to allow @Amazon purchases to be made with #BTC, #XMR, #DASH & more purse.io

if OP were to put all his time in deleting troll posts OP would not have any time left to further develop Dash as OP is also the lead developer...

edit : also this unmoderated thread is an important aspect of the culture of Dash, shows a certain freedom towards expressing opinions on this forum.  

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
dihydrogenmonoxide

Activity: 197
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 05:07:42 PM

This thread

This could come in handy some day Smiley

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-04/14/google-algorithm-predicts-trolls-antisocial-behaviour

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way." - Josh Billings
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 05:14:08 PM

Another reason to support Dash and what it represents:

http://www.internationalman.com/articles/the-war-on-cash-transparently-totalitarian

#DashDC #TheNewCash

Tao

noobtrader
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 05:23:06 PM

This thread

Words of wisdom.

if OP were to put all his time in deleting troll posts OP would not have any time left to further develop Dash as OP is also the lead developer...

edit : also this unmoderated thread is an important aspect of the culture of Dash, shows a certain freedom towards expressing opinions on this forum.  

im sure OP can delegate the post deletion, but i agree we need to put down FUD with explanation anyway.
maybe we as investor can put more news and info about Dash to counter troll post.

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 05:29:41 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2015, 05:42:20 PM by Minotaur26

-snip-

I am truly on the fence with services like shapeshift or purse.  They only provide a way to extract value from an altcoin ecosystem, without directly improving adoption.

A currency needs to build an economy and that includes people being able to spend their coins, but that should be the result of organic growth, where new services adopt the currency, and also users that are not speculators find value in the added value benefits the currency brings so they are willing to exchange FIAT for coins, take advantage of those services and get what he needs at the merchants that are accepting the coins.

What do you guys think could this type of indirect ways to spend your coins be counterproductive for younger altcoin projects?
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 05:46:53 PM

This cryptocurrency course specializing in bitcoin is being taught at the prestigious Princeton University,
https://piazza.com/princeton/spring2015/btctech/resources
in the small alt lecture, no Darkcoin Dash gets a mention but even auroracoin and some dying coins do! (old data?)
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/159-i63Fk6O7SOYfpA6mlzqTSlrRc7nBlOSS11q0robQ/edit?pli=1#slide=id.g534775f1b8a8b67c83

I finally found a tiny mention of X11 in lecture 8,
https://youtu.be/TipGy2bOVL4?t=17m22s

Here are the 5 levels of anonymity (slide 102, lecture 6)
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1sGcTGPP09-Md6bsAtBrDLCy9MyULuJLo7nEpZoevzxU/edit?pli=1#slide=id.p102

My question is where is the dash mixing model using the masternodes, how does it fit in with the so called 5 levels of anonymity ?
Have they totally overlooked it or choose to ignore it as X11 is almost unmentioned (even the ECB report said X11 is the up and coming new cryptocurrency hashing technique that could supercede Sha256 and scrypt eventually after all)

Is Dash the 6th level of anonymity then ??

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
salmion

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 05:53:01 PM

-snip-

I am truly on the fence with services like shapeshift or purse.  They only provide a way to extract value from an altcoin ecosystem, without directly improving adoption.

A currency needs to build an economy and that includes people being able to spend their coins, but that should be the result of organic growth, where new services adopt the currency, and also users that are not speculators find value in the added value benefits the currency brings so they are willing to exchange FIAT for coins, take advantage of those services and get what he needs at the merchants that are accepting the coins.

What do you guys think could this type of indirect ways to spend your coins be counterproductive for younger altcoin projects?

I agree. It's a great service in essence but it is also effectively selling out of the cryptocurrency system.
By this I mean the coins are sold for fiat. What cryptocurrency in general needs is for the loop to either be closed (earn/buy crypto - buy something that store buys something etc. all in cryptocurrency)
Or at least go a few hops before conversion.

The ideal way would be for salaries to be payed in crypto. But that's probably a ways off. In the interim what would really help I believe is if manufacturers/suppliers started using crypto. And there are clear benefits to them particularly if they are in a different country to the where the product is sold.

So Dell accepts Bitcoin - Great! Oh wait Dell is justing selling Bitcoin for dollars. Hmm. Dell's component manufacturers wanting their payments in Bitcoin would be monumental. Dell would have to BUY bitcoin.
Dell paying staff in Bitcoin would also be great but like I say I think that's a ways off.
noobtrader
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 06:02:44 PM

-snip-

yes, but it was a chicken and egg problem isnt ? which one should be the first thing for currency ? mass adoption first or usage first ?

salmion

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 06:06:53 PM

-snip-

yes, but it was a chicken and egg problem isnt ? which one should be the first thing for currency ? mass adoption first or usage first ?

I think usage should imply buying for crypto.. not selling crypto for cash to buy something you could have just bought with cash Smiley

I see your point though. You need usage to push mass adoption but mass adoption for the currency not to be converted.
Trollero

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 06:11:44 PM

Hello, please consider voting in this poll:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1042097.0

It's an attempt to measure whether the altcoin community feels that marketcap is an indicator of success, and possibly discuss it.

I'm targeting ~500+ page ANN threads, and not trying to spam everything with bumps, so please kindly don't delete this unless I've accidentally posted it more than once in your thread.

All opinions are welcomed.
noobtrader
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 06:15:44 PM

-snip-

I think usage should imply buying for crypto.. not selling crypto for cash to buy something you could have just bought with cash Smiley

I see your point though. You need usage to push mass adoption but mass adoption for the currency not to be converted.

yes exactly,
maybe the only true usage of crypto in general these days are website(news/gambling/trading/exchange) that accept crypto and hosted on server which accept crypto too

maybe thats is the closest thing that we can call usage ?

edit : but crypto is still very young, even bitcoin is just 6 years.

Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 06:23:21 PM

-snip-

More or less, but not really. If you look at my post I was referring to indirect services like Shapeshift that allow you to spend altcoins in sites that accept BTC.  The altcoin wins nothing in terms of adoption, as the merchant only takes BTC and is completely transparent to them that there was an altcoin involved in the process and that it is bringing value.

What an altcoin needs is organic growth, even if it is slower.  Meaning the merchant directly accept the coins and users perceive a benefit from using the coin, Dash in our case.  So there should be a driver for people to exchange fiat for crypto in order to obtain the benefit that they are looking for.  Not just create mechanisms that drain the speculative rewards of early adopters, until the altcoins crumble and can't take it anymore.

We need to be careful, and find ways to create value for users that is compelling enough for them to exchange fiat for crypto before spending.  Do not think about investors, think about an end user that has 500 USD that he wants to spend online. Why should that person exchange for Dash first?  It should be easier for him to exchange his fiat for Dash and then go spend it than just spending his fiat directly.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 06:31:15 PM

I cant get this picture out of my head : https://dashtalk.org/threads/self-sustainable-decentralized-governance-by-blockchain.4708/

Decentralised Exchange pretty please..

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
noobtrader
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 06:39:32 PM

-snip-

More or less, but not really. If you look at my post I was referring to indirect services like Shapeshift that allow you to spend altcoins in sites that accept BTC.  The altcoin wins nothing in terms of adoption, as the merchant only takes BTC and is completely transparent to them that there was an altcoin involved in the process and that it is bringing value.

What an altcoin needs is organic growth, even if it is slower.  Meaning the merchant directly accept the coins and users perceive a benefit from using the coin, Dash in our case.  So there should be a driver for people to exchange fiat for crypto in order to obtain the benefit that they are looking for.  Not just create mechanisms that drain the speculative rewards of early adopters, until the altcoins crumble and can't take it anymore.

We need to be careful, and find ways to create value for users that is compelling enough for them to exchange fiat for crypto before spending.  Do not think about investors, think about an end user that has 500 USD that he wants to spend online. Why should that person exchange for Dash first?  It should be easier for him to exchange his fiat for Dash and then go spend it than just spending his fiat directly.

if i remember correctly, btc got their value after ppl start accepting btc for their stuff.
maybe we too should start selling stuff for Dash, and the Dash collected become new MN  Cheesy

EDIT :  maybe internet yardsale using Dash  ?

I cant get this picture out of my head : https://dashtalk.org/threads/self-sustainable-decentralized-governance-by-blockchain.4708/

Decentralised Exchange pretty please..

now this is a game changer...
Dash can reach btc parity with this

ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:47:07 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2015, 08:13:09 PM by ddink7

More or less, but not really. If you look at my post I was referring to indirect services like Shapeshift that allow you to spend altcoins in sites that accept BTC.  The altcoin wins nothing in terms of adoption, as the merchant only takes BTC and is completely transparent to them that there was an altcoin involved in the process and that it is bringing value.

What an altcoin needs is organic growth, even if it is slower.  Meaning the merchant directly accept the coins and users perceive a benefit from using the coin, Dash in our case.  So there should be a driver for people to exchange fiat for crypto in order to obtain the benefit that they are looking for.  Not just create mechanisms that drain the speculative rewards of early adopters, until the altcoins crumble and can't take it anymore.

We need to be careful, and find ways to create value for users that is compelling enough for them to exchange fiat for crypto before spending.  Do not think about investors, think about an end user that has 500 USD that he wants to spend online. Why should that person exchange for Dash first?  It should be easier for him to exchange his fiat for Dash and then go spend it than just spending his fiat directly.

This is a really good point. We need educate ordinary people on why they should use Dash:

1) Inexpensive
2) Private
3) Still just as fast as credit/debit cards and much faster than bank or PayPal transfers

I'm working with tungfa on an article about Dash, and in the entire article I don't even use the term "cryptocurrency." The concept is too complicated for people to try to grasp. Forget the whys and wherefores and focus on the direct advantages to using our product. It's cheap and your purchase history and identity information isn't out there for anybody to take. Nor is your credit card information. There is zero chance of identity theft. Things like that...

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 07:51:38 PM

The community voted smoothie

Do you have a link to that vote. I'm interested to learn more about it.

I'm also interested to learn more about the alleged pro-instamine vote of yore.

Was it done via a poll here on BTCT or on DarkTalk?

Did only MasterNodes get a vote?

How close or overwhelming were the results?

When did it happen?

Were the full specifics of the insta/pre/dev/scam/ninja-mine known at that time?

Why isn't this important information disclosed in the OP?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 08:16:58 PM

yep, that ignore button still works. thank god.
1 Dash for whoever invented the ignore button.

Pages: « 1 ... 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 4753 4754 4755 4756 4757 4758 4759 4760 4761 4762 4763 4764 [4765] 4766 4767 4768 4769 4770 4771 4772 4773 4774 4775 4776 4777 4778 4779 4780 4781 4782 4783 4784 4785 4786 4787 4788 4789 4790 4791 4792 4793 4794 4795 4796 4797 4798 4799 4800 4801 4802 4803 4804 4805 4806 4807 4808 4809 4810 4811 4812 4813 4814 4815 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: