Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:03:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 4753 4754 4755 4756 4757 4758 4759 4760 4761 4762 4763 4764 4765 4766 4767 4768 4769 4770 4771 4772 4773 4774 4775 4776 4777 4778 4779 4780 4781 4782 [4783] 4784 4785 4786 4787 4788 4789 4790 4791 4792 4793 4794 4795 4796 4797 4798 4799 4800 4801 4802 4803 4804 4805 4806 4807 4808 4809 4810 4811 4812 4813 4814 4815 4816 4817 4818 4819 4820 4821 4822 4823 4824 4825 4826 4827 4828 4829 4830 4831 4832 4833 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722697 times)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:28:27 PM

Decentralized exchange coming  Grin

?
tell us more  Wink

http://www.coinffeine.com/download.html

Coinffeine has released a Technical Preview using testnet Bitcoins !!!

WWWOOOO-HHOOO !!! Finally !!

Downloading as I type

EDIT: Waiting for testnet BTC to arrive is like watching a 100 meter "dash" race between a disoriented snail and a 1 legged turtle.

I still see 2 problems with this, and one good thing.  They look like a great way to turn your fiat into coins, that's the good thing Smiley

The bad things is that it looks like it will still be centralized.  If it's not centralized, then how will they encourage people to run the nodes for it?  And if they pay people to run nodes, how will they ensure against Sybil attacks?  Another masternode system?   I can't find any technical information on it, do they have a thread here?  (haven't looked yet)  Anyway, it could be great, but I see deep problems that I don't know how they'll fix.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:37:59 PM

There are ways and means being worked on  Wink

Care to elaborate regarding dash or would you just like to be seen at as a shill for that copycat coin?

I quite like the idea of being a shill. Feel free to add me to your ignore list  Tongue
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:52:32 PM

Care to elaborate regarding dash or would you just like to be seen at as a shill for that copycat coin?

I quite like the idea of being a shill. Feel free to add me to your ignore list  Tongue

Oh no, here we go again.......... LOL

I think we're just hoping they'll add direct support for DASH

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:59:14 PM

I still see 2 problems with this, and one good thing.  They look like a great way to turn your fiat into coins, that's the good thing Smiley

The bad things is that it looks like it will still be centralized.  If it's not centralized, then how will they encourage people to run the nodes for it?  And if they pay people to run nodes, how will they ensure against Sybil attacks?  Another masternode system?   I can't find any technical information on it, do they have a thread here?  (haven't looked yet)  Anyway, it could be great, but I see deep problems that I don't know how they'll fix.
Its like torrent, if you want use it, you need your torrent (coinffeine) open.
And they dont need masternode, they use: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner's_dilemma

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:02:16 PM

So, with Bitcoin now firmly in the hands of the Banks and private interests (Banks have announced that they will be using Bitcoin to transfer funds internationally and to settle accounts, buying and selling to fiat immediately, like merchants, so not really adding anything to the infrastructure, just using it).  Will people continue to support the network?  I'm sure, as long as there is value in Bitcoin, the miners will continue to mine (as centralized as it already is)  But the ~5000 nodes +_ are run by people investing their time and money into running them for the good of the network.  Will they continue to support this?  Are they even individuals anymore?  Have the Banks been supporting Bitcoin all this time under the radar?  How centralized is Bitcoin now?

This could be the death blow to an alternate, fiat free, non-manipulable world currency.
Or just the first real battle we have to win.

Bitcoin is centralized.
Bitcoin is now controlled by private parties (MIT, and probably Banks through MIT)
Bitcoin is not at all fungible.  Hence, coins are colored depending on where they've been used in the past, therefore not interchangeable when places like coinbase won't accept them because they've been through a gambling site, etc...
Bitcoin is submitting itself to be regulated, mostly by the US government.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have work to do!

aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:06:04 PM

Well, yeah... FIAT need to comply with AML/KYC, so I don't see the issue here. Its is a strict BTC/EUR exchange for now.

That is precisely the issue, imho. When did it happen? How did it happen? Why did it happen? Cui bono? (Rhetorical questions).

Money was just money, not so long ago. Its history was neutral. "The authorities" had not yet given themselves the ability/right to know all the minute details of what everybody (EVERYBODY!) does with their money.

As a techie, I loved data mining technology. As a human being I am outraged at how it is being used by corporate and government interests. I should have seen the dystopia coming, but I didn't.

Still, I am always astonished that such a huge paradigm shift took place so quickly and that most people now accept the new reality as normal.

Oops - ranting. Um, I hope Team Dash can find ways to deal with fiat conversion issues, in case fiat does not fade away as quickly as it should.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:16:08 PM

And they dont need masternode, they use: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner's_dilemma

I'm not quite getting how they use prisoner's delemma.  I understand the concept but not how it is used to prevent cheating or sybil attacks?  Must .... learn .... LOL

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:22:16 PM

Well, yeah... FIAT need to comply with AML/KYC, so I don't see the issue here. Its is a strict BTC/EUR exchange for now.

That is precisely the issue, imho. When did it happen? How did it happen? Why did it happen? Cui bono? (Rhetorical questions).

Money was just money, not so long ago. Its history was neutral. "The authorities" had not yet given themselves the ability/right to know all the minute details of what everybody (EVERYBODY!) does with their money.

As a techie, I loved data mining technology. As a human being I am outraged at how it is being used by corporate and government interests. I should have seen the dystopia coming, but I didn't.

Still, I am always astonished that such a huge paradigm shift took place so quickly and that most people now accept the new reality as normal.

Oops - ranting. Um, I hope Team Dash can find ways to deal with fiat conversion issues, in case fiat does not fade away as quickly as it should.

Nope, you can bet fiat will be here way longer than it should (should already be decomposing in a deep grave, IMO, LOL)

People want things to be easy.  They're so wrapped up in their lives.  Frankly, I am now a house wife who shuttles her kids around, my brain needs something to do, so I discovered this, and it's been very stimulating.  But how many people are free to goof off like this?  How many people are even interested in such things?  Most people's eyes glaze over. 

It's funny, people want their lives simplified, so they give so much power to the government, who complicate things on an immense scale!  And they wonder why it's all messed up, LOL.

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:35:25 PM

Lol.  Not this old shit again. 
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:37:18 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2015, 04:47:31 PM by splawik21

FYI guys....
4 pages to go 5K  Shocked Shocked Shocked

i don`t think we will hit that today... not in 5 hours.....

edit: my day time zone Wink special edit 4 TS Cheesy

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:40:12 PM

FYI guys....

My day just started Wink

Dash Escrow

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:41:40 PM

kinda jones'n for an update
oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:24:15 PM

Bad news for California:

California Assembly Moves Forward With Idiotic Plan To Make All Bitcoin Startups Apply For A License

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=50683

It has moved out of the California’s assembly committee on banking and finance and has been advanced to the appropriations committee.

Here are some excerpts:

Code:
(b) “Virtual currency” means any type of digital unit that is used as a medium of exchange or a form of digitally 
stored value or that is incorporated into payment system technology. Virtual currency shall be broadly construed
to include digital units of exchange that (1) have a centralized repository or administrator, (2) are decentralized
and have no centralized repository or administrator

of course there is this section:

Code:
26004. The following are exempt from the licensing
(d) A commercial bank or industrial bank, the deposits of which are insured by the
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation

and of course there are fees:

Code:
26006. (a) An applicant for licensure under this division shall pay to the commissioner a 
nonrefundable application fee of five thousand dollars ($5,000)
(e) A licensee, including a licensee described in subdivision (b), shall pay annually on or before July 1,
a license renewal fee of two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500)
(g) Whenever the commissioner examines a licensee, the licensee shall pay, within 10 days after
 receipt of a statement from the commissioner, a fee of seventy-five dollars ($75) per hour for
each examiner engaged in the examination plus, if it is necessary for any examiner engaged in
the examination to travel outside this state, the travel expenses of the examiner.

and this requirement (amongst a long list of others)

Code:
(9) A description of the source of money and credit to be used by the applicant to provide 
virtual currency services.

There is an online petition available to try and stop this thing:

https://www.change.org/p/matthew-dababneh-california-state-house-california-state-senate-save-buttonwood-sf-withdraw-ab-1326
aristokrat

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:34:23 PM

FYI guys....

5K  Grin
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:38:02 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2015, 05:59:17 PM by coins101

Bad news for California:

California Assembly Moves Forward With Idiotic Plan To Make All Bitcoin Startups Apply For A License

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=50683
Here are some excerpts:

Code:
(b) “Virtual currency” means any type of digital unit that is used as a medium of exchange or a form of digitally 
stored value or that is incorporated into payment system technology. Virtual currency shall be broadly construed
to include digital units of exchange that (1) have a centralized repository or administrator, (2) are decentralized
and have no centralized repository or administrator

There is an online petition available to try and stop this thing:

https://www.change.org/p/matthew-dababneh-california-state-house-california-state-senate-save-buttonwood-sf-withdraw-ab-1326

"....decentralized and have no centralized repository or administrator...."

This is both nonsense and can be applied so widely it would catch someone using a calculator.

This gives them so much room for legal attacks that are made up to suit any situation they like that its not funny.
Limx Dev
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:00:53 PM

FYI guys....

5K  Grin

100 K  Shocked

Bitcore BTX - a UTXO fork of Bitcoin - since 2017
___██ WebSite
██ Telegram
___██ Github
██ Github - Releases/ Wallets
___██ SBTX Pancakeswap
██ ChainzID Explorer
___██ UTXO fork
██ Coinmarketcap.com
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:21:15 PM

Since two days I`m wondering who is selling so hard....

100 K  Shocked

Yep.... 5k pages * 20 posts = 100.000 posts Smiley almost there....

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:21:49 PM

So, with Bitcoin now firmly in the hands of the Banks and private interests (Banks have announced that they will be using Bitcoin to transfer funds internationally and to settle accounts, buying and selling to fiat immediately, like merchants, so not really adding anything to the infrastructure, just using it).  Will people continue to support the network?  I'm sure, as long as there is value in Bitcoin, the miners will continue to mine (as centralized as it already is)  But the ~5000 nodes +_ are run by people investing their time and money into running them for the good of the network.  Will they continue to support this?  Are they even individuals anymore?  Have the Banks been supporting Bitcoin all this time under the radar?  How centralized is Bitcoin now?

This could be the death blow to an alternate, fiat free, non-manipulable world currency.
Or just the first real battle we have to win.

Bitcoin is centralized.
Bitcoin is now controlled by private parties (MIT, and probably Banks through MIT)
Bitcoin is not at all fungible.  Hence, coins are colored depending on where they've been used in the past, therefore not interchangeable when places like coinbase won't accept them because they've been through a gambling site, etc...
Bitcoin is submitting itself to be regulated, mostly by the US government.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have work to do!

More of the same - The vampire squid has announced that it is ready to help eat people's lunch. Reaction so far seems accepting.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1043269.0

Tante, I rely on your posts for the "glass half full" view of events. Gulp! It must be in here somewhere - reads it again - aha!

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we have work to do!"

Normally at this stage I would propose a solution - Tante has defined the problem starkly - but I'm out of ideas.

Edit: fixed typo.
TheTommyD

Activity: 319
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:47:51 PM

I Love Game Theorists Smiley Studying Mathematical vs Psychological Games is Fascinating. Good Post!

BTC: 1DEj5mbjoYXqvRKfoS4yqtdvSKHpQ4hFLu
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 08:07:06 PM

The dystopic/panoptic aspects of databases have been covered exhaustively since the time of Vonnegeut, Orwell, and Foucault.  I don't understand how you could have possibly missed them (perhaps the same way you missed the scam aspects of Dash?).

Speaking of "corporate interests" please note Dash is 100% autocratically controlled by the centralized DARKCOIN FOUNDATION INC.

Please consider realigning your activities with those of us Monero Mustangs, who still run Wild & FreeTM.

We cypherpunks and extropians have for decades been preparing for this long war against digitial dystopia.

That's why we consider the supposedly easily-removed shortcuts (Reference Node, hardcoded collateral address, spork control, Dear Leader rebranding) Dash takes to be absolutely unacceptable.  Such crapware is a false hope and technological dead end.

By supporting an insta/pre-mined HYIP scam coin like Dash, you do a disservice to those fighting in the trenches for resilient bottom-up decentralized solutions not reliant on trusted third parties and top-down cargo cults.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 4753 4754 4755 4756 4757 4758 4759 4760 4761 4762 4763 4764 4765 4766 4767 4768 4769 4770 4771 4772 4773 4774 4775 4776 4777 4778 4779 4780 4781 4782 [4783] 4784 4785 4786 4787 4788 4789 4790 4791 4792 4793 4794 4795 4796 4797 4798 4799 4800 4801 4802 4803 4804 4805 4806 4807 4808 4809 4810 4811 4812 4813 4814 4815 4816 4817 4818 4819 4820 4821 4822 4823 4824 4825 4826 4827 4828 4829 4830 4831 4832 4833 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: