Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:05:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4841 4842 4843 4844 4845 4846 4847 4848 4849 4850 4851 4852 4853 4854 4855 4856 4857 4858 4859 4860 4861 4862 4863 4864 4865 4866 4867 4868 4869 4870 4871 4872 4873 4874 4875 4876 4877 4878 4879 4880 4881 4882 4883 4884 4885 4886 4887 4888 4889 4890 [4891] 4892 4893 4894 4895 4896 4897 4898 4899 4900 4901 4902 4903 4904 4905 4906 4907 4908 4909 4910 4911 4912 4913 4914 4915 4916 4917 4918 4919 4920 4921 4922 4923 4924 4925 4926 4927 4928 4929 4930 4931 4932 4933 4934 4935 4936 4937 4938 4939 4940 4941 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 09:04:49 PM

The IRC chatter is better, as is the r/bitcoin chatter

Thanks, you know your way round better  Cool

Cancel the weekend material:

http://sourceforge.net/p/bitcoin/mailman/message/34201862/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sapereaude

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 09:05:59 PM

I bet a DASH that your questions will soon turn to FUD and/or trolling. Any takers?

can i bet with you ?  (not against you) .. coz i think yr onto something here.

I would be willing to bet much more than 1 DASH that they are a troll, many Dash in fact.
bobby1776

Activity: 315
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 09:29:10 PM

Hey guys, I haven't been around for awhile..  but I was curious.  I thought I read somewhere that changes and improvements were coming for MN operators.. is it possible to store the 1000 dash collateral vin offline on a paper wallet?

thanks

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 09:37:28 PM

I like to check the facts, which some of you might have noticed that I am quite keen on doing.

No, I hadn't noticed.

No genuine investor gets their "facts" by soliciting opinions in an ANN thread - at least I don't, so forgive me if I only judge you by my own standards.

P.S. Which "Marley" are you the ghost of ? The dead roofing company or the dead reggae star ?
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 09:48:50 PM

I like to check the facts, which some of you might have noticed that I am quite keen on doing.

No, I hadn't noticed.

No genuine investor gets their "facts" by soliciting opinions in an ANN thread - at least I don't, so forgive me if I only judge you by my own standards.

P.S. Which "Marley" are you the ghost of ? The dead roofing company or the dead reggae star ?

Oh noes - now he'll feel entitled to tell us all about Dickens. Maybe this will head it off.

Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 10:08:17 PM

why should i buy dashcoin? I want to know, thiks you
Because is cheap. You can buy about million of them for a dollar. Go ahead, make yourself a millionaire.

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:12:48 AM

bump
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:55:58 AM

Guys... One small question.

I'll go in holydays on sunday, without the possibility to made a cold restart.
Did you think that it's good to make a quick stop/start of my hot daemon just before leaving for 2 weeks?

Well the daemon don't crash so much, but from time to time I must admit that some daemon stop (in the past month I have re-started ~25% of my MN once because of dashd not running anymore and have to make a cold start because of not detecting this crash quickly).

Edit: Those crash are probably du to cheap VPS Wink but not sure, I have to made more stastistics, and I use 4 diferents provider for my VSP.
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 01:45:50 AM

Did you think that it's good to make a quick stop/start of my hot daemon just before leaving for 2 weeks?

Well the daemon don't crash so much, but from time to time I must admit that some daemon stop (in the past month I have re-started ~25% of my MN once because of dashd not running anymore and have to make a cold start because of not detecting this crash quickly).

Edit: Those crash are probably du to cheap VPS Wink but not sure, I have to made more stastistics, and I use 4 diferents provider for my VSP.

Set maxconnections to 20. That has helped me achieve good stability with cheap VPSs. I still have a few MNs without this option, and some get 80-120 connections. That can't be good for a single daemon on 256 MB RAM.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 02:14:55 AM

Did you set up crontab?  It's this easy:

Code:
@reboot /path/dashd -shrinkdebugfile
*/20 * * * * /path/dashd -shrinkdebugfile

substitute in your own path.
shogdite

Activity: 798

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 02:25:52 AM

No, I hadn't noticed.

I always ask around a bit before making a decision on investing, not really to get the "facts" but to get a feel for the community involvement.
If you get a good grasp on how the community interacts with each other and more importantly with new potential investors then you can make a good judgement on if you want to invest or not.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 02:33:37 AM

No, I hadn't noticed.

I always ask around a bit before making a decision on investing, not really to get the "facts" but to get a feel for the community involvement.
If you get a good grasp on how the community interacts with each other and more importantly with new potential investors then you can make a good judgement on if you want to invest or not.

That is true but there is also a clear distinction between someone that is genuinely interested and someone that comes to push an agenda. Specially with an account created just for that purpose, it is really evident.

This is a really welcoming community, always happy to help and answer honest questions.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 03:51:42 AM

So itching to test version 12...

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 03:58:55 AM

The person that asked the question above regarding ownership of an open source project is under an incorrect assumption.  The github account owner owns that account, and the product name - copyright.  Even if he makes his code open sourced, as Bitcoin did, and Dashcoin did.  He had every right to sell his account to someone else.  Just because he sold the account, doesn't mean that anyone who wants to continue the project can't.  Any developer who wants to, can copy the code and deposit it in a new Github account and continue on as if nothing ever happened.  Depending on internet speed, this should take less than 5 minutes.

It was considered dead due to the original developer abandoning the project and the lack of activity nor interest in the project.  As soon as the word got out that Evan bought the project, scammers went in to buy up as much of the coins as they could hoping they could BS their way to making it worth something again.  It doesn't matter.  They have not been in any way hindered from continuing the project, hence Evan and the original owner have caused no harm to that dead coin.  The Github repository was only needed to stake a trademark claim on the name, which is a perfectly legal and often used tactic in the business world.  I don't even think anyone cares if Dashcoin continues to use the name.  We dropped the "coin" part and are only going by DASH.  

There is no legal issue lurking ready to leap at this project, although anyone willing to pay the price can always file a suit.  I highly doubt they have any possible imaginable leg to stand on, but if they want to spend the money, and pay for our fees, god bless them.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 05:05:54 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2015, 05:35:09 AM by arielbit

The person that asked the question above regarding ownership of an open source project is under an incorrect assumption.  The github account owner owns that account, and the product name - copyright.  Even if he makes his code open sourced, as Bitcoin did, and Dashcoin did.  He had every right to sell his account to someone else.  Just because he sold the account, doesn't mean that anyone who wants to continue the project can't.  Any developer who wants to, can copy the code and deposit it in a new Github account and continue on as if nothing ever happened.  Depending on internet speed, this should take less than 5 minutes.

It was considered dead due to the original developer abandoning the project(paid to abandon the project) and the lack of activity nor interest in the project(bullshit).  As soon as the word got out that Evan bought the project, scammers went in to buy up as much of the coins as they could hoping they could BS their way to making it worth something again(bigger bullshit).  It doesn't matter.  They have not been in any way hindered from continuing the project, hence Evan and the original owner have caused no harm to that dead coin(only evan caused harm).  The Github repository was only needed to stake a trademark claim on the name, which is a perfectly legal and often used tactic in the business world.  I don't even think anyone cares if Dashcoin continues to use the name.  We dropped the "coin" part and are only going by DASH.  (so if you only need "dash" without the "coin" why not just make dash? why sabotage dashcoin?) ANSWER: darkcoin wanted to prove they are already using dash for commerce since last year because they are competing with a company for the trademark of "DASH" ...and darkcoin wanted no other coin with "dash" in its name..like dashcoin  Wink

There is no legal issue lurking ready to leap at this project, although anyone willing to pay the price can always file a suit.  I highly doubt they have any possible imaginable leg to stand on, but if they want to spend the money, and pay for our fees, god bless them.

LOL

scammers my ASS

want to chop the head of the hydra again?  Cool

https://soundcloud.com/supernetradio/coin-of-the-week-episode-7-hyperstake-hyp

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 05:12:14 AM

It was considered dead due to the original developer abandoning the project and the lack of activity nor interest in the project.  As soon as the word got out that Evan bought the project, scammers went in to buy up as much of the coins as they could hoping they could BS their way to making it worth something again.  It doesn't matter.  They have not been in any way hindered from continuing the project, hence Evan and the original owner have caused no harm to that dead coin.  The Github repository was only needed to stake a trademark claim on the name, which is a perfectly legal and often used tactic in the business world.  I don't even think anyone cares if Dashcoin continues to use the name.  We dropped the "coin" part and are only going by DASH.  

do not worry tante
oldest story in the book !
 Wink
MarleysGhost

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 06:48:01 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2015, 08:00:55 AM by MarleysGhost

No, I hadn't noticed.

That is true but there is also a clear distinction between someone that is genuinely interested and someone that comes to push an agenda. Specially with an account created just for that purpose, it is really evident.

This is a really welcoming community, always happy to help and answer honest questions.

I would like to clear up some misconceptions:

1)  I am not an investor, but someone acting on the behalf of a third party who is;

2)  I am not pushing an agenda, but someone who is merely following one. Consider it to be an informal protocol;

3)  my prime goal at this juncture is to ascertain the facts;

4)  I have been led to believe that it was a community decision to use the word "Dash", so I thought it logical to consult the community as to why, considering the circumstances. I have also sent a private message to Evan Duffield with regards to this, but have so far not received a response. I am not overly concerned about this at the moment since the type of response that I am looking for is a considered one.

In case that answers to my questions might prove difficult for some to provide openly in this forum, I would invite anyone who can throw light on this matter, including the legal justification for the continued use of the name 'Dash', to message me privately. That is where I intend to keep this from now on.

I have become aware that this is quite an emotive topic. I would appeal for calmness to prevail.
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 11:20:51 AM

In this case you should go to https://dashtalk.org

Search and ask around. I'm sure you'll find all the answers you need.

Jestah

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:54:43 PM

This guy Marley is trying way too hard to sound smart with his fancy babble and certainly IS pushing an agenda.  He's hoping others join in his quest for the FACTS about the project's name.  You see, anyone who is truly as high and mighty as he is trying to sound and is representing someone other than a family member, wouldn't engage in this troll-like bantering.....they would just hit the back button or have already discovered the answer he so desperately seeks at dashtalk.org.  My bet is it's just one of our past trolls with a new account and angle.  

;TLDR He's a troll and should be on ignore.    
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 01:31:16 PM

This guy Marley is trying way too hard to sound smart with his fancy babble and certainly IS pushing an agenda.  He's hoping others join in his quest for the FACTS about the project's name.  You see, anyone who is truly as high and mighty as he is trying to sound and is representing someone other than a family member, wouldn't engage in this troll-like bantering.....they would just hit the back button or have already discovered the answer he so desperately seeks at dashtalk.org.  My bet is it's just one of our past trolls with a new account and angle.  

;TLDR He's a troll and should be on ignore.    

Yes, he might be a troll or not.
You see taking the oportunity to keep bumping the thread with links to relevant information regarding Dash is, IMNSHO positive!

Pages: « 1 ... 4841 4842 4843 4844 4845 4846 4847 4848 4849 4850 4851 4852 4853 4854 4855 4856 4857 4858 4859 4860 4861 4862 4863 4864 4865 4866 4867 4868 4869 4870 4871 4872 4873 4874 4875 4876 4877 4878 4879 4880 4881 4882 4883 4884 4885 4886 4887 4888 4889 4890 [4891] 4892 4893 4894 4895 4896 4897 4898 4899 4900 4901 4902 4903 4904 4905 4906 4907 4908 4909 4910 4911 4912 4913 4914 4915 4916 4917 4918 4919 4920 4921 4922 4923 4924 4925 4926 4927 4928 4929 4930 4931 4932 4933 4934 4935 4936 4937 4938 4939 4940 4941 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: