Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:43:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 10:28:58 AM

I believe the logo must be totally simple and remarkable, that is easy to remember and reproduce somewhere else. I think the logo should be just a letter D with some high tech font and maybe 1 or 2 vertical line(s). The logo must be visible in a very small size, must be seen nice on any background. What you guys have shown is pretty good and will be useful, but not as a logo of a new currency.

I tend to agree. I'll put my money where my mouth is and offer 200DRK for something that is professional and powerful... if it's awe-inspiring 300DRK. Let's look at this from a very fresh new prospective.  Anything kitchey or gimmicky is may be appropriate for doge(eek) of cat or whatever awful plethora of crap coins that exist.  is there a reason why we are having to stick with this tacky coin shaped logo...?   Q2C has a great design and fresh(don't know that crypto just speaking about the design). IMHO this coin should embody the professional and sophistication of something that is worthy of doing my most trusted and sensitive not only personal but corporate transactions. Transactions such as buying real-estate, equipment to transferring wealth of your families estate type the next generation.

I think the logo is just fine...
If you want something more "professional and sophistication of something that is worthy of doing my most trusted and sensitive not only personal but corporate transactions. Transactions such as buying real-estate, equipment to transferring wealth of your families estate type the next generation. " You should change the name as well...(But please...Don't!)

Darkcoin has something mysterious about it...we should play that out...

I'm only providing ideas for thought from my own viewpoint. It will be the natural evolution of cryptocurrencies as the ecosystem matures.  Time may well prove me wrong... I don't claim to know all the the answers and I'm certainly not wanting to step on the dev toes.  All I can say is that  what we currently have does not reflect the image of a currency that potentially will have a market cap of 500 million to a billion dollar value in the next couple of years. again IMHO.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
s0mething

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:34:38 AM

I don't think "Dark" is about mysterious here. It is about confidence and security. Something reliable, math-confirmed. When you say "mysterious", I hear "hard to use, too complex, one more weird toy for tech-geeks".
hamiltino

Activity: 644

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:38:27 AM

i wonder if darkcoin will have a less bloated blockchain than zerocoin. I aslo wonder if it will be as anonymous as zerocoin. Thoughts?

stacking coin
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 10:56:51 AM

I don't think "Dark" is about mysterious here. It is about confidence and security. Something reliable, math-confirmed. When you say "mysterious", I hear "hard to use, too complex, one more weird toy for tech-geeks".

Vertcoin (VTC)  Is an example of a clean design,  the website is smartphone friendly,  information is clear and concise, the logo is iconic in nature.  not a plug for the currency.  But it's simple yet quite professional in appearance.  I think this discussion should be held in conjunction with the dev team outside of a general forum panel.  Can someone start a forum for us to take this discussion into and actually really start addressing the core brand image development? thanks

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 11:17:10 AM

Vertcoin (VTC)  Is an example of a clean design,  the website is smartphone friendly,  information is clear and concise, the logo is iconic in nature.  not a plug for the currency.  But it's simple yet quite professional in appearance.  I think this discussion should be held in conjunction with the dev team outside of a general forum panel.  Can someone start a forum for us to take this discussion into and actually really start addressing the core brand image development? thanks

I wonder if we can pay a graphic designer in DRK.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
danonthehill

Activity: 710

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:31:32 AM

Hey guys... And Dev team.

I want to help out in terms of popularity an SEO - Social Network Links, Backlinking and all that I have experience in this field.

I also have a huge email list in the IM niche and starting new campaigns on Bitcoins and most importantly DARKCoins.

That being said, www.drkcoin.com is part of this project. It is not complete nor is it a competition.

It is a portal to the main website. I also touched up the logo a bit.

I am not here for copyright or any trademark abuse. I am a fan of this coin, I hold many and I want it to succeed.

I am open to ideas and suggestions but before I put real work into this I want to know if its okay with the dev team.

Cheers,

Ty.

Do you guys like the Darker Darkcoin?

or

This is all very bad. The website looks like it was made in 1999 and the logos are not 'enhanced' in any way. I really get that your intentions are good but if googling darkcoin brings people to that page, it will make this coin look like trash. I saw you in the c-cex chat box talking about being good at webdesign etc...

+1

We don't need to adopt a teenage aesthetic.  The Dev's branding is already spot on.
radi324

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 11:50:33 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 12:03:47 PM by radi324

Sgminer isn't working properly. RPM/temps/hashrates are bouncing all over the place, WU is 0 and accepted 0 as well... 5 MH/s on the miner and on the pool as well. Any idea what might be causing this? Using the example-280x .bat as is, with worker/user/pass configured of course.

Update: I got 3 280x Powercolor cards, seeing 5.1 MH/s on the miner but the HR on the pool is fluctuating a lot.

[MUN] Muniti - Malta's National Cryptocurrency - http://www.muniticoin.com/

Bitcointalk thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=545886.0
s0mething

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:12:35 PM

Sgminer isn't working properly. RPM/temps/hashrates are bouncing all over the place, WU is 0 and accepted 0 as well... 5 MH/s on the miner and on the pool as well. Any idea what might be causing this?

I have the same behaviour on AWS g2.2xlarge instances. I have no idea why is that ...
radi324

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 12:14:39 PM

Sgminer isn't working properly. RPM/temps/hashrates are bouncing all over the place, WU is 0 and accepted 0 as well... 5 MH/s on the miner and on the pool as well. Any idea what might be causing this?

I have the same behaviour on AWS g2.2xlarge instances. I have no idea why is that ...

DRKs are still being credited on the pool though, waiting for them to be confirmed. If they're confirmed I'll let you know... as long as they're rolling in, and temps are at a freezing 50c on all 3 cards, I've got nothing to complain about lol

onetime

Activity: 602
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:16:08 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 12:55:31 PM by onetime

I adjusted the colors and altered the design in the center of the logo.

(The subtle blurred separation in the dark diagonal bar across the center is intentional to represent anonymized un-linked transactions.)

-onetime

EDIT:        

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:24:20 PM

Lol, I can really imagine old ladies using that coin to shop at a grocery store.  Hello sir, I will be paying with the demonic, fireball currency today.

Maybe a sweet wallet picture to go along with it:

Now that you mention the wallet, the QT wallet could perhaps be tweaked to become darker Grin I think when the time is right to add the "Darksend" button to the application, it can also be enhanced to include the option for a dark theme  Cool
LimLims

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 12:50:43 PM

Here's a quick n dirty concept for a minimalist logo I did for a bit of fun. Boring colours, I know.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
KoningKaas

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:51:46 PM

Next thing the kids in here want the actor from Twilight as the coins logo, because he's "mysterious"  Roll Eyes

Wanna get this coin famous? keep it CLEAN and Professional looking, as has been previously said...
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:53:44 PM

Sgminer isn't working properly. RPM/temps/hashrates are bouncing all over the place, WU is 0 and accepted 0 as well... 5 MH/s on the miner and on the pool as well. Any idea what might be causing this? Using the example-280x .bat as is, with worker/user/pass configured of course.

Update: I got 3 280x Powercolor cards, seeing 5.1 MH/s on the miner but the HR on the pool is fluctuating a lot.

It's a crude conversion of normal sgminer just so that it can play with the darkcoin hashing algorithms. The conversion apparently produced quite a few bugs especially in the reporting aspect of the program ("null", "0" difficulty, no A: diff etc). So you are not doing something wrong, it's just the way the program works.

LimLims

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 12:56:13 PM

I contacted the mods of /r/cryptocurrency about getting us linked in their sidebar. We need at least 200 subscribers before they'll put us there. So go subscribe if you haven't already!

http://www.reddit.com/r/DRKCoin/

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Honest Tim

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:56:55 PM

Could we get JC Denton to endorse this? or maybe even Gunther Hermann?
Honest Tim

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:02:30 PM

I adjusted the colors and altered the design in the center of the logo.

(The subtle blurred separation in the dark diagonal bar across the center is intentional to represent anonymized un-linked transactions.)

-onetime

EDIT:      

Do like it alot. Not to be too much of a perfectionist tinkerer, but...........

I would like to see a sort of broken "splintered plank" effect on the diagonal bar. Kinda like....

Just sayin.
s0mething

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:05:03 PM

Here's a quick n dirty concept for a minimalist logo I did for a bit of fun. Boring colours, I know.

https://i.imgur.com/vvWYuGa.png

Much much better!
radi324

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 PM

It's a crude conversion of normal sgminer just so that it can play with the darkcoin hashing algorithms. The conversion apparently produced quite a few bugs especially in the reporting aspect of the program ("null", "0" difficulty, no A: diff etc). So you are not doing something wrong, it's just the way the program works.

Thanks Alex! That's a relief. Just one other question - my DRKs have been unconfirmed on the main pool for about an hour. I know it needs 120 confirmations, but how long does that normally take?

Honest Tim

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:09:32 PM

Thanks Alex! That's a relief. Just one other question - my DRKs have been unconfirmed on the main pool for about an hour. I know it needs 120 confirmations, but how long does that normally take?

I stopped mining yesterday, there were still some unconfirmed before I went to bed! All done now though.
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: