Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:38:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722526 times)
HammerHedd

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 11:27:47 PM

Dude, what rig are you running?! I can't come close to that.

I'll probably tell it in a few weeks and we'll all have a huge laugh. That's all I can say.
Didn't posted to brag, but need more people to reduce round times.

"I'm giving it all she's got captain, but we're lit up like a Christmas tree down here!"

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:28:43 PM

Guys/Gals,
This what I get when I run the debug command for sgminer. Can anyone tell me what I can try to get sgminer working. I hate to keep asking rookie questions but I really like where this coin is going and besides, I guess this is how you learn. Smiley Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

Hey. Error 11 is very broad but I see you are running a 5000 series Radeon card and most people had the same issue. I managed to fix it on a machine running a 5970 and another running two 5770s

The issue is mainly in your settings, primarily thread concurrency causing the display drivers to fail launching.

1. Use something like this for your .bat
sgminer --kernel darkcoin -o stratum+tcp://pool.darkcoin.io:3333 -u accountname.worker -p password -I 17 -g 2 -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 3200

I've found on both types of 5xxx cards if I try bumping thread concurrency any higher you will get Error 11, same with turning down worksize. I'm working on a fix for this now but in the mean time that should do it.

2. If the above fails, get the latest Beta display driver (14.1) from AMD from their website (and use the same settings)

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows%207%20-%2064

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

That should get you up and running for now, it worked for 2 of my machines and a few others on this board. Let me know if you have any more problems.
I've tried changing the thread-concurrency to 3200 and tried adding the --no-adl and it still didn't work. I have the latest driver as well. Honestly though, I've tried so many different combinations of things now, I'm not sure if I tried those both in the same .bat file. I'll give it another go. Thanks for the response. I haven't created a .conf file yet but seems as if creating the right .bat file first should at least get me started. Once I settle on some settings, then I can create a .conf
Been fiddling with settings all day and still getting:
Code:
 Error -11: Building Program (clBuildProgram)
 Error compiling program for search.
Frontend phase failed compilation.
Error: Creating kernel search failed!
 Failed to init GPU thread 2, disabling device 2

I am using a config file. My GPUs are the following: ASUS 6990, HIS 5770 and driver version is 13.251.0.0
I just tried the latest beta display driver with no changes in my situation.

I've been following Syth's posts and their replies with interest because I've had a similar problem with the windows GPU miner (the CPU miner has been fine for me). I've tried the various suggestions as they've been offered, but no luck yet.

My error 11 gives a detailed message "cannot open source file blake.cl" that I have not seen mentioned elsewhere. I don't recognize the filename.

Oh, the graphics card I'm using is an R9 290X. I always get the same error message, regardless of drivers and changes to arguments - thread-concurrency and so forth.

Thanks for any suggestions - and perhaps something here will help Syth also.

onetime

Activity: 602
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:34:26 PM

I'll be speaking at the Cryptocurrency Convention on Apr 9th in NewYork, detailing how DarkSend works and promoting DarkCoin. If anyone will be in NewYork at that time I'd love to meet you!
http://cryptocurrencyconvention.com/
*My details should be up on the site soon
Is that wise? Considering you are making something that can have some serious implications in the real world.
I'm just making the technology. Me nor InternetApe support any illegal use of this technology (drug sites, darknet, etc). It's more about the privacy of the blockchain, it was made to be way too open and I can solve that.
It's kind of the same thing as us building and selling guns. Someone could buy one to defend their house or someone could buy it to do terrible things.

+1

DarkSend is not a crime.  Cool

-onetime

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:41:22 PM

I'll be speaking at the Cryptocurrency Convention on Apr 9th in NewYork, detailing how DarkSend works and promoting DarkCoin. If anyone will be in NewYork at that time I'd love to meet you!
Is that wise? Considering you are making something that can have some serious implications in the real world.
I'm just making the technology. Me nor InternetApe support any illegal use of this technology (drug sites, darknet, etc). It's more about the privacy of the blockchain, it was made to be way too open and I can solve that.
It's kind of the same thing as us building and selling guns. Someone could buy one to defend their house or someone could buy it to do terrible things.

+1

DarkSend is not a crime.  Cool

-onetime

+1 and he should be proud of what he created.  It is apparent that he created it in good faith, and backs it up with his name.  Just another reason I have faith in this coin.

After hearing about that Maxcoin, I looked up about the guy, and he has total diarrhea of the mouth.  He says the stupidest things, most uncouth things.  He also let some university students slap his name on something that's worthless.  I think he is just an egotist, nothing more.

This is nothing like our Eduffield

Ok, I know I'm a fangirl.... er, fanhag, but hopefully my age and experience gives me some intuition, LOL  Grin

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
slyA

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:45:49 PM

+1

-onetime

I can see the propaganda posters now.

Do you know what your children are browsing online? No?

Do you know what your children are buying online and with what? No?

Do you know who your children are buying things from? No?

All answers lead to Darkness. All questions start with DARK SEND

Has science gone too far? Is nothing sacred anymore? Is your privacy worth funding evil?

SAY NO TO DARK SEND. STEP INTO THE LITECOIN NETWORK.
xarcos

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:48:03 PM

elmad's new cpu miner yielded significant improvements.

Here are some stats for those interested:

CPU: i7-4770 (stock)
Hash rate: 570 KH/s
Power draw: 80 watts (~87% efficient PSU)

GPU: R9 290 (Elpida, 1000/1500/20%, no undervolt)
Hash rate: 2250 KH/s
Power draw: 188 watts (~87% efficient PSU)

The GPU miner does seem to be far more cpu intensive, though.  Giving it one thread while CPU mining doesn't seem to be enough, which is not something that's ever happened with other algorithms (which usually only use between 5-15% of one thread).
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:49:45 PM

+1

-onetime

I can see the propaganda posters now.

Do you know what your children are browsing online? No?

Do you know what your children are buying online and with what? No?

Do you know who your children are buying things from? No?

All answers lead to Darkness. All questions start with DARK SEND

Has science gone too far? Is nothing sacred anymore? Is your privacy worth funding evil?

SAY NO TO DARK SEND. STEP INTO THE LITECOIN NETWORK.

ER... that's very good!  Are you into advertisement?  You should be!!!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
mega

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:50:27 PM

“People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both”

Got my account back! It was hacked. Sorry about it :|
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:52:11 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 12:09:17 AM by TanteStefana

The GPU miner does seem to be far more cpu intensive, though.  Giving it one thread while CPU mining doesn't seem to be enough, which is not something that's ever happened with other algorithms (which usually only use between 5-15% of one thread).

Everything goes by so fast, I can't remember what elmad did?  In what way did he change darkcoin-cpuminer-1.3?

Oh yah, he optimized it for Nvidia and some newer? AMD's Smiley  No workie on my gpu's, LOL

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:55:00 PM

derp... max reward is 25 now?

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 11:58:05 PM

Funny that you would say that...it was my first thoughts as well!  Using that ideology...group and myself are putting together the capital to start a small alt currency exchange with that exact thought process!  Being in Canada...I think it would be great that you could go to a brick and mortar office and meet the people that handle your exchanges & money...I think that is super important.  You can keep your financial affairs private...but those that handle your funds should always be accessable.... I have the beginings of a great team already that have done several banking institutional sites with ISO 9362 standards.  Missing is someone/peeps to create a great front end and logistics for the actual exchange.  Any thoughts on how this could be looked at would be great.

Your best bet for getting an exchange up & running quickly/cheaply would be to fork buttercoin:

https://github.com/buttercoin/buttercoin

It's an open-source crypto exchange.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 12:02:13 AM

pool.darkcoin.io going down briefly... less than 3 minutes hopefully

And.... back up

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
xarcos

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:03:50 AM

The GPU miner does seem to be far more cpu intensive, though.  Giving it one thread while CPU mining doesn't seem to be enough, which is not something that's ever happened with other algorithms (which usually only use between 5-15% of one thread).

Everything goes by so fast, I can't remember what elmad did?  In what way did he change darkcoin-cpuminer-1.3?

This was using 1.3, which only recently had a windows binary compiled for it.  So 'new' to the non-Linux folk.  :3
blaaaaacksuit

Merit: 250

Who cares?

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:04:21 AM

eduf, your pool is down.
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:05:30 AM

http://pool.darkcoin.io/ down ....  Roll Eyes

EDIT : seem ok now Wink
shackleford

Activity: 281

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:14:13 AM

I'm finally building the windows binaries of the new CPU-miner. After that I'll try to improve the performances Smiley .

Ok, here the link for the Windows binaries -> https://mega.co.nz/#!pBZzQAII!yuvzhcnx3ezLre9fek_G67D0_IyiNqIbEHKY4cKdovA
Read the README for choose the right version for your processor.
Remember, only Windows 64 bit, and only for processors that supports at least AES-NI instructions.

P.S. I hate and I still hate compiling binaries on MinGW, I spent 2 days to set a working crosscompiling environment for this.
The problem was that new versions of build of MinGW64 have a gcc that is hard linked with a new pthread library, called libwinpthread, that it's not good for compiling this... thanks to ig0tik3d for pointing to me the working version of MinGW64...

Very Nice!
I tried to compile it yesterday for windows and I usually can figure things out...but I spent like 4-5 hrs with no luck
Cherry picking some data without waiting to long. Win7/64  i74930 @ 4.5

Old 1.2c = all threads  ~700kh / half threads ~560kh

i7 avx-i = all threads  ~880kh +25%+ (somehow bounced to 915kh for a while once) / Half threads ~700h +25%  (lower power and significantly cooler)
i7-avx = ~880kh +25%
avx-aes-sse2-sss3  =  ~880kh +25%
aes-sse2-sss3  =  ~820kh +17%

Personally I like the half thread option, it performs faster than the previous version 1.2c all threads.  The machine is then still usable and cooler. I don't really care about power draw.
CPU mining is still fine with dark I think, that being said.... CPU mining only people are the biggest bunch of crybabies ever.. I wish there was an ignore button for them.  

You deserve a tip.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:23:02 AM

Apparently the GPU miner can't handle pools going down? It didn't switch to backup pool, and when the first pool was up again it didn't connect to that either. Had to quit and restart it. Is it working ok for others?
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 12:30:45 AM

Apparently the GPU miner can't handle pools going down? It didn't switch to backup pool, and when the first pool was up again it didn't connect to that either. Had to quit and restart it. Is it working ok for others?

Mine came back up by itself. I'm using the linux gpu miner with no backup pool specified.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
HammerHedd

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 12:33:06 AM

I'm finally building the windows binaries of the new CPU-miner. After that I'll try to improve the performances Smiley .

For who said that GPU version is always better. Maybe this is the case, maybe it's not. It depends if and how much the code can be parallelized.
I'll try to see what CPU can achieve. And if it's not enough, I'll study the convenience to mix CPU and GPU, if I'll see that some algo cant be well parallelized on the  GPU Smiley

+5 DRK my friend - I wish I had more, but with the help of your miner, hopefully more to come. Smiley

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net
SenatorChen

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:33:30 AM

http://pool.darkcoin.io/

Please

P.P.S. Someone that have a rent of Xeon instances can do the math Khs per $?

I get about 4250 kh/s for $24/day

Also, sent you a little tip for the 25% increase in hashrate your cpu miner gave me, keep up the good work.
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: