Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:08:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 [376] 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722502 times)
mayday9

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:48:54 PM

Shrem put it well when he said that a crypto coin is like brotherhood. Even if you don't know the creators, don't participate in the community, didn't know about the particular coin until recently, are clueless about coding - you still put your money in and you find yourself on the same side as everybody else who has done the same. We all want the same thing and can contribute to the coin's success one way or another.

Here are some ideas that come to mind and we might want to see them come to life:

- Darkcoin paper wallet system

- Android wallet. I find "Mycelium bitcoin wallet" great because it also supports drawing money from cold storage (paper wallets). That way you can be sure your money is safe 100% until you touch it for the first time. Then if you don't trust the app, you manually make sure the remaining DRK goes back into another paper wallet. Can someone contact the Mycelium bitcoin wallet creator and see if he would be willing to create a DRK fork for us and how much he wants to be paid for it (then we chip in with donations)

- Write a pro, interesting, short and to the point text explaining everything about how DRK works and why it is different/better from the rest. Then hire a professional speaker to read out the text (create voiceover). Then make a short "documentary". Use the voiceover and add appropriate videos/images as the voice explains it. Post that on Youtube and let's spread it

- possibly modify the darkcoin.io page to include the above mentioned video

- does the darkcoin dev need any help? maybe we can get a fund going which would be used by the dev to hire a coding/crypto expert he finds amazing to help with whatever is needed

- how about putting some donations together to run a facebook ad campaign, getting people to know darkcoin (that short documentary above would come in handy as a landing page)

- let's all do some brainstorming, keep such ideas flowing, and let's not leave it at that. implementation of good ideas is a must. Anyone can lead the way - just write up your project, present it to the community, provide a donations wallet and let the people put their money in as support votes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 08:50:00 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------
sgminer 4.1.0

Configuration Options Summary:

Use git version......: yes
  libcurl(GBT+getwork).: Enabled: -lcurl  
  curses.TUI...........: FOUND: -lncurses
  OpenCL...............: NOT FOUND. GPU mining support DISABLED
configure: error: OpenCL not found

This is beyond stupid... I'm sick of trying to fix all these screw-ups.

Since there is no software that actually works for this card, ASUS 7970 for sale.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:52:55 PM

Here are some ideas that come to mind and we might want to see them come to life:

- Darkcoin paper wallet system

- Android wallet. I find "Mycelium bitcoin wallet" great because it also supports drawing money from cold storage (paper wallets). That way you can be sure your money is safe 100% until you touch it for the first time. Then if you don't trust the app, you manually make sure the remaining DRK goes back into another paper wallet. Can someone contact the Mycelium bitcoin wallet creator and see if he would be willing to create a DRK fork for us and how much he wants to be paid for it (then we chip in with donations)

- Write a pro, interesting, short and to the point text explaining everything about how DRK works and why it is different/better from the rest. Then hire a professional speaker to read out the text (create voiceover). Then make a short "documentary". Use the voiceover and add appropriate videos/images as the voice explains it. Post that on Youtube and let's spread it

- possibly modify the darkcoin.io page to include the above mentioned video

- does the darkcoin dev need any help? maybe we can get a fund going which would be used by the dev to hire a coding/crypto expert he finds amazing to help with whatever is needed

- how about putting some donations together to run a facebook ad campaign, getting people to know darkcoin (that short documentary above would come in handy as a landing page)

- let's all do some brainstorming, keep such ideas flowing, and let's not leave it at that. implementation of good ideas is a must. Anyone can lead the way - just write up your project, present it to the community, provide a donations wallet and let the people put their money in as support votes

Great plan mayday9!

Yes, I am way too busy to do it myself. However, I put LimLims incharge of management of the project awhile back.

LimLims, can you provide a DRK address and be responsible for collecting + securing the bounty donations?  If so, we can get started!

Edit:  I have PMd LimLims about this.  Awaiting response.
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:54:06 PM

Look at this hash rate . It is insane!wtf?

botnet lol, what else???

Yah, doesn't KGW put an end to that quickly?  With such a hashrate, I'm curious that they even bother with a pool though?

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
djcrypto

Activity: 54

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:55:44 PM

sgminer 4.1.0

Since there is no software that actually works for this card, ASUS 7970 for sale.

Have you tried changing bios/firmware update?
http://www.overclock.net/t/1281425/amd-release-hd-7970-ghz-bios-upgrade-for-reference-hd-7970
matt608

Activity: 882

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:01:11 PM

I still can't get the Mac wallet to open.  It quits as soon as I try to open it. 
mayday9

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:03:09 PM

about the darksend open source dillema - how about this, the dev could put on darkcoin.io that the source will be made open once DRK reaches the price of $100 per coin. That would mean it's well established and known by then
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:06:33 PM

about the darksend open source dillema - how about this, the dev could put on darkcoin.io that the source will be made open once DRK reaches the price of $100 per coin. That would mean it's well established and known by then

There's no guarantee it will ever reach that price, especially if people don't trust it, if would make a laughing stock of darkcoin. It's possible to hire from private firms for a security audit of the code. These are professionals in their field and are probably held to NDAs.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
atavacron

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:12:59 PM

sgminer 4.1.0

Try adding "--enable-opencl" to you configure command.

mayday9

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:13:55 PM

There's no guarantee it will ever reach that price, especially if people don't trust it, if would make a laughing stock of darkcoin. It's possible to hire from private firms for a security audit of the code. These are professionals in their field and are probably held to NDAs.

still open source gives people a better "feeling" and is in line with all the crypto - from the people to the people.

A statement on the darkcoin.io site reading something along these lines: "We believe in sharing but we also believe that inovation should be rewarded. To give DRK a fair advantage over the future clones the DarkSend source will be made public once DRK reaches a market cap of X."

I think that's nothing to laugh about
mayday9

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:26:08 PM

something seems to be wrong with cryptsy - at least that's what I'm seeing. I'm trying to fill a specific buy order but it's stuck in open orders, even if there is a buyer and seller agreeing on the same price. Is anyone else seeing this?
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:30:06 PM

still open source gives people a better "feeling" and is in line with all the crypto - from the people to the people.

A statement on the darkcoin.io site reading something along these lines: "We believe in sharing but we also believe that inovation should be rewarded. To give DRK a fair advantage over the future clones the DarkSend source will be made public once DRK reaches a market cap of X."

A professional audit of the code, with NDAs, makes the most sense to me. Saying a coin will be open source when it hits a certain level is sort of meaningless, unless it's a dinky number ($2/coin), as who knows if it'd ever get there? Would saying DarkCoin will go open source when it hits $50-100/coin make anyone feel any better really?

The better idea is to do the professional audit, and if you really want an open source sort of comment... go with a disclaimer that the developer may at some point open source the project if he feels it is warranted, if it reaches wide acceptance. And to me, wide acceptance = bitcoin popularity (so years and years from now).
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:31:04 PM

Let the devs at bitcoin and litecoin test it.

Although they are pushed for capacity, it is a feature that will enhance their coins as a optional route for privacy, without having to incorporate the technology into their own coins. They are too caught up in a public acceptance war to incorporate a DarkSend feature at this point, but pointing people this way will give them a solution.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 09:31:47 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 09:42:35 PM by camosoul

sgminer 4.1.0

No, the problem this time is that OpenCL isn't installed, and there is no way for it ever to be installed. There is no package, and none of the AMD stuff functions/installs. Just excuse after excuse... My time is far more valuable than anything I could mine in the time I've already wasted on this busted junk.

Tried it anyway, failed in exactly the same manner because --enable-opencl is on by default. OpenCL isn't there and there's no way to get it. I think it doesn't actually exist.

I can't use the card. It's unsupported for me. I've tried a fresh install of the OS and every step for the drivers, too. It just doesn't work. Someone else can use the card because it just doesn't work for me. All associated software is different for me than it is for everyone else. If I could get the same software everyone else is using, maybe, but for some reason it's all different when I download it. I've wasted way too much time on this trash. Time to move on with my life and do something productive that actually fucking works. Asus 7970 for sale.

Unless someone, somewhere can name the place that OpenCL comes from, I've got no more time for these silly childish games.

Quote from: ignorant bullshit
64-bit Operating System Found..

Starting Installation of AMD APPSDK v2.9 ....
 SDK package name is :AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9-RC-lnx64.tgz
Checking Latest Version Info.....
Continuing in background, pid 28654.

**You are installing AMD APPSDK Version 2.9 ...
 **Latest Version Available : 2.8.1214.3
 Do you wish to continue installation of this version of SDK?
 Type 'Yes' to Continue installation of this version of APPSDK, Type 'No' to exit
 Enter :Yes
 Continuing Installation...
===============================================================

Directory already exists deleting
 Current directory path is  : ~/drk/AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9-lnx64
Untar command executed succesfully, The SDK package available
Untar command executed succesfully, The ICD package available
Copying files to /opt/AMDAPP/ ...
SDK files copied successfully at /opt/AMDAPP/
AMD Catalyst OpenCL Runtime is available hence skipping OpenCL CPU Runtime Installation
ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘/usr/lib/libOpenCL.so’: File exists

Updating Environment variables...
32-bit path is :/opt/AMDAPP/lib/x86
64-bit path is :/opt/AMDAPP/lib/x86_64
Environment variables updated successfully
AMD APPSDK v2.9 installation  Completed
>> Reboot required to reflect the changes
===============================================================
bash:~/drk/AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9-lnx64$ ls /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so
/usr/lib/libOpenCL.so
bash:~/drk/AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9-lnx64$ ls /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so -lah
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 47 Mar  9 16:30 /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so -> /etc/alternatives/x86_64-linux-gnu_libOpenCL.so
bash:~/drk/AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9-lnx64$

So it's there, but it's not there... sgminer's ./configure denies that it's there. But, I'm lookin' right at the fucker...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
megges

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:39:08 PM

something seems to be wrong with cryptsy - at least that's what I'm seeing. I'm trying to fill a specific buy order but it's stuck in open orders, even if there is a buyer and seller agreeing on the same price. Is anyone else seeing this?

me too ! cryptsy got stuck

tip me! Tongue XtSrWch1U3BsTBFBHj7acTTzxFo1fy5BMa
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:42:31 PM

sgminer 4.1.0

No, the problem this time is that OpenCL isn't installed, and there is no way for it ever to be installed. There is no package, and none of the AMD stuff functions/installs. Just excuse after excuse... My time is far more valuable than anything I could mine in the time I've already wasted on this busted junk.

Tried it anyway, failed in exactly the same manner because --enable-opencl is on by default. OpenCL isn't there and there's no way to get it. I think it doesn't actually exist.

I can't use the card. It's unsupported for me. I've tried a fresh install of the OS and every step for the drivers, too. It just doesn't work. Someone else can use the card because it just doesn't work for me. All associated software is different for me than it is for everyone else. If I could get the same software everyone else is using, maybe, but for some reason it's all different when I download it. I've wasted way too much time on this trash. Time to move on with my life and do something productive that actually fucking works. Asus 7970 for sale.

Unless someone, somewhere can name the place that OpenCL comes from, I've got no more time for these silly childish games.

install this
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

and this:
http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/heterogeneous-computing/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/downloads/#appsdkdownloads

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 09:43:32 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 09:54:42 PM by camosoul

sgminer 4.1.0

install this

http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/heterogeneous-computing/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/downloads/#appsdkdownloads

and this:

Has been installed. ./configure from sgminer denies it even thought I'm lookin' right at it...

P.S. I use your mining pool, but only with my CPU... ;-)

Quote from: outrageous lies
bash:~/drk/AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9-lnx64$ ls /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so
/usr/lib/libOpenCL.so
bash:~/drk/AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9-lnx64$ ls /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so -lah
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 47 Mar  9 16:30 /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so -> /etc/alternatives/x86_64-linux-gnu_libOpenCL.so
bash:~/drk/AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9-lnx64$ ls /usr/lib/libOpenCL* -lah
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  47 Mar  9 16:30 /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so -> /etc/alternatives/x86_64-linux-gnu_libOpenCL.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 31K Mar  9 16:34 /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so.1

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:54:25 PM

sgminer 4.1.0

install this

and this:

Has been installed. ./configure from sgminer denies it even thought I'm lookin' right at it...

P.S. I use your mining pool, but only with my CPU... ;-)

Quote from: outrageous lies
anon@desktop:~/drk/AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9-lnx64$ ls /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so
/usr/lib/libOpenCL.so
anon@desktop:~/drk/AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9-lnx64$ ls /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so -lah
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 47 Mar  9 16:30 /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so -> /etc/alternatives/x86_64-linux-gnu_libOpenCL.so
anon@desktop:~/drk/AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9-lnx64$ env-update
env-update: command not found
anon@desktop:~/drk/AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9-lnx64$ ls /usr/lib/libOpenCL* -lah
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  47 Mar  9 16:30 /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so -> /etc/alternatives/x86_64-linux-gnu_libOpenCL.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 31K Mar  9 16:34 /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so.1

i followed this:

-- Download ADL From http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/graphics-development/display-library-adl-sdk/
-- Unzip and copy files from include/* to sgminers/ADL_SDK/ folder

libtoolize
autoreconf -ivf
CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native" ./configure
sudo make

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
Honest Tim

Activity: 768

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:55:47 PM

I don't know who is running https://twitter.com/DarkcoinTweets but you've got a bunch of things wrong - Neither @Darkcoin or @DRK are related to Darkcoin in any way. Please correct that.

I opened the @DRKCOIN twitter account very early on but the devs got it blocked/banned quickly in favor of their @darkcoincrypto account. Mine looked a bit too official anyways, although I had the best intentions as far as marketing goes. Had no problem handing it over either of course.

sorry, I'm not up to speed with reddit / twitter 1503. Does this mean that it's basically BS?
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:58:02 PM

I don't know who is running https://twitter.com/DarkcoinTweets but you've got a bunch of things wrong - Neither @Darkcoin or @DRK are related to Darkcoin in any way. Please correct that.

I opened the @DRKCOIN twitter account very early on but the devs got it blocked/banned quickly in favor of their @darkcoincrypto account. Mine looked a bit too official anyways, although I had the best intentions as far as marketing goes. Had no problem handing it over either of course.

sorry, I'm not up to speed with reddit / twitter 1503. Does this mean that it's basically BS?

I'm sure the person behind it has no ill intentions - just that that for some reason he's linking to other twitter accounts which have nothing to do with darkcoin. He should be linking to the offical twitter if anything.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
Pages: « 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 [376] 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: