Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:12:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2950 2951 2952 2953 2954 2955 2956 2957 2958 2959 2960 2961 2962 2963 2964 2965 2966 2967 2968 2969 2970 2971 2972 2973 2974 2975 2976 2977 2978 2979 2980 2981 2982 2983 2984 2985 2986 2987 2988 2989 2990 2991 2992 2993 2994 2995 2996 2997 2998 2999 [3000] 3001 3002 3003 3004 3005 3006 3007 3008 3009 3010 3011 3012 3013 3014 3015 3016 3017 3018 3019 3020 3021 3022 3023 3024 3025 3026 3027 3028 3029 3030 3031 3032 3033 3034 3035 3036 3037 3038 3039 3040 3041 3042 3043 3044 3045 3046 3047 3048 3049 3050 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
naxin

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:34:50 AM

That's probably one of the most entertaining threads I've read in a long time.

I am reading it since 2 hours should do a lot other things but it's really glueing.

What's very clear is that the XMR 'devs' haven't got a clue, obviously don't understand the code, and are basically helpless.

From what I have read and understand - YOU are exactly - CORRECT!!!

edit: such a shame

From what I can tell, this issue is a cryptonote issue. I wouldn't label anyone clueless until after the results are known - there are still some doubts over the attacks.

What would be interesting to see is if there is a successful attack and one of the CN projects has protection that they are not prepared to share.
Yep, after reading the comments I don't think there is an exploit - so much so I'm honestly considering buying a very short-term position in monero because it's going to rebound hard when it's shown there is no exploit.

I'm not a fan of monero by _any_ means - I have very strong doubts about many aspects of it, but I'm also impartial on these matters, and it's pretty obvious BCX is trolling.
Honest Tim

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:50:31 AM

For 1 DRK I will send you the basic Linux commands for MN updates

Dude, seriously, why don't you re-think that one.
twinflame

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:09:42 AM

That's probably one of the most entertaining threads I've read in a long time.

I am reading it since 2 hours should do a lot other things but it's really glueing.

What's very clear is that the XMR 'devs' haven't got a clue, obviously don't understand the code, and are basically helpless.

From what I have read and understand - YOU are exactly - CORRECT!!!

edit: such a shame

From what I can tell, this issue is a cryptonote issue. I wouldn't label anyone clueless until after the results are known - there are still some doubts over the attacks.

What would be interesting to see is if there is a successful attack and one of the CN projects has protection that they are not prepared to share.
Yep, after reading the comments I don't think there is an exploit - so much so I'm honestly considering buying a very short-term position in monero because it's going to rebound hard when it's shown there is no exploit.

I'm not a fan of monero by _any_ means - I have very strong doubts about many aspects of it, but I'm also impartial on these matters, and it's pretty obvious BCX is trolling.

Not a fan either,but saying there's an exploit and not sharing with the developers is a very low blow. No currency deserves that kind of treatment. Also I haven't seen anywhere what the exploit is.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:18:29 PM

60 masternodes dropped off the count??

Looks like Vertoe upgrading.

I wouldnt wonder if somebody saw the mn drop and sold therefor Grin

Someone wants to buy 10k DRK, just pay 1 BTC to vertoe for him to take his mn's offline for 15 minutes and place your bids. Smiley
semajjames

Activity: 528
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:49:14 PM

Maybe we'll go looking for Big-Foot and UFO's one night
Camp-fire while fishing and catch a glimpse of loch-ness

ugh - lol
I am sure the floating mist's will reveal all ,,, Enjoy
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:51:55 PM

Survey closed.
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:18:28 PM

Somebody on twitter was spreading misinformation about RC5 implementing instant transactions. I tweeted the truth about that and indicated RC6 was the one for instant transactions.
Please note - it won't be called RC6. Darkcoin is about to be released, no more release candidates, no more Beta, ready for general use, ready to take on the world.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/paper-transaction-locking-and-masternode-consensus.2418/page-3#post-21499

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:25:56 PM

Hopefully there wont be any release codenames, a la Intel / AMD / OSX / Ubuntu / Android etc.

But if there are I vote we go with Aztec deities, which are unfeasibly complicated to spell, just to annoy people:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Aztec_deities  Tongue

predator12

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:30:19 PM

wow, nice, 4k pages of discusion
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:30:41 PM

Hopefully there wont be any release codenames, a la Intel / AMD / OSX / Ubuntu / Android etc.

But if there are I vote we go with Aztec deities, which are unfeasibly complicated to spell, just to annoy people:

Aztec's didn't do so well
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:35:40 PM

"The 'RCx' will be dropped after RC5/open source.

"Historically Evan introduced the RCx scheme as part of the Darksend implementation. As this is finished no more RCx anymore."

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/paper-transaction-locking-and-masternode-consensus.2418/page-3#post-21499
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:44:59 PM

Now I know you are awesome... AND crazy!

Crazy - YES
Awesome - hardly - ugh

I concede -

Let's start over....

Hola - I'm Mangled Blue
Seni Cok Seviyorum DarkCoin
Guzel Darkcoin

teehee

Hilarious virtual late night drinking binge on display here Mangled. Can just imagine you and Georgem sitting in a bar somewhere and you, in a blurry slur pulling your beloved MN logo out to show to George and, in a drunken hush of reverence and momentary sombreness as you present him your masterpiece, he studies the image with a slightly devious sparkle in his eyes. Five minutes later after returning from a trip to the men's room, George is no longer sitting on the stool where you left him, there's some sort of bizarre blue cartoon character covered in stylised D's sitting in his place. He's staring straight at you as you approach and then with his arms wide open greets you "Heeyyy there Mangled Man....say HELLLOOOO to Darkcoin Monster!!!" You stop dead in your tracks, stand with your mouth agape for a moment as you notice that Darkcoin Monster is a parodied collage of the symbols from your Masternode image. A sudden rampant surge of anger wells up from inside you "Arrghh you spotty nosed, ungrateful bastard...." WHACK...BOOF....KAPOW....the bar descends into chaos as Mangled Blue (in one corner) takes on Darkcoin Monster in the other. Pretty soon word is out and people start arriving to see a good bit of biff going down. Questions abound throughout the crowded room "Who is this Darkcoin Monster?"...."What is Darkcoin?".....BANG....WOLLOP.....CACHOWY.....the fight goes on but due to the level of inebriation it's more slapstick than brawl....people are soon laughing and chuckling as Mangled tries to rip the D's off Darkcoin Monster. Darkcoin Monster counteracts by grabbing his opponent and yelling in his ear...."For fucks sake Mangled, I love your Masternode icon....I love it you hear....Darkcoin Monster is me loving it......MANGLED!!!!" Finally Mangled, exhausted from all the punches that didn't connect but just made him lose control of himself stops and draws himself up to Darkcoin Monster/Georgem's face and slurs out "Yooo ruelly luuv itt?"...."Yes ya daft bastard...I love it"....the crowd disperses as the "fight" has drawn to a close and Mangled and Georgem pick each other up and go back to their stools for another drink...but Darkcoin Monster has been seen now by many and the questions are still being asked as many approach asking for autographs....it's fight-club marketing for DRK...could be quite effective.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
roede94105

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:53:18 PM

Crazy - YES
Awesome - hardly - ugh

I concede -

Let's start over....

Hola - I'm Mangled Blue
Guzel Darkcoin

teehee

Hilarious virtual late night drinking binge on display here Mangled. Can just imagine you and Georgem sitting in a bar somewhere and you, in a blurry slur pulling your beloved MN logo out to show to George and, in a drunken hush of reverence and momentary sombreness as you present him your masterpiece, he studies the image with a slightly devious sparkle in his eyes. Five minutes later after returning from a trip to the men's room, George is no longer sitting on the stool where you left him, there's some sort of bizarre blue cartoon character covered in stylised D's sitting in his place. He's staring straight at you as you approach and then with his arms wide open greets you "Heeyyy there Mangled Man....say HELLLOOOO to Darkcoin Monster!!!" You stop dead in your tracks, stand with your mouth agape for a moment as you notice that Darkcoin Monster is a parodied collage of the symbols from your Masternode image. A sudden rampant surge of anger wells up from inside you "Arrghh you spotty nosed, ungrateful bastard...." WHACK...BOOF....KAPOW....the bar descends into chaos as Mangled Blue (in one corner) takes on Darkcoin Monster in the other. Pretty soon word is out and people start arriving to see a good bit of biff going down. Questions abound throughout the crowded room "Who is this Darkcoin Monster?"...."What is Darkcoin?".....BANG....WOLLOP.....CACHOWY.....the fight goes on but due to the level of inebriation it's more slapstick than brawl....people are soon laughing and chuckling as Mangled tries to rip the D's off Darkcoin Monster. Darkcoin Monster counteracts by grabbing his opponent and yelling in his ear...."For fucks sake Mangled, I love your Masternode icon....I love it you hear....Darkcoin Monster is me loving it......MANGLED!!!!" Finally Mangled, exhausted from all the punches that didn't connect but just made him lose control of himself stops and draws himself up to Darkcoin Monster/Georgem's face and slurs out "Yooo ruelly luuv itt?"...."Yes ya daft bastard...I love it"....the crowd disperses as the "fight" has drawn to a close and Mangled and Georgem pick each other up and go back to their stools for another drink...but Darkcoin Monster has been seen now by many and the questions are still being asked as many approach asking for autographs....it's fight-club marketing for DRK...could be quite effective.

And on this day, the God of formatting decided he did not want to live in this universe anymore.

RIP in peace.
RenegadeMan

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:03:32 PM

Crazy - YES
Awesome - hardly - ugh

I concede -

Let's start over....

Hola - I'm Mangled Blue
Guzel Darkcoin

teehee

And on this day, the God of formatting decided he did not want to live in this universe anymore.

RIP in peace.

It's fiction. Not a whitepaper.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:10:03 PM

Crazy - YES
Awesome - hardly - ugh

I concede -

Let's start over....

Hola - I'm Mangled Blue
Guzel Darkcoin

teehee

RIP in peace.

And then the God of Redundancy joined to God of Formatting.  Tongue

I thought Mangled Bleu was an American Indian, living on a reservation and lacking the enzyme for alcohol metabolism, what's he doing speaking Türkçe all of a sudden?
RenegadeMan

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:15:43 PM

Crazy - YES
Awesome - hardly - ugh

I concede -

Let's start over....

Hola - I'm Mangled Blue
Guzel Darkcoin

teehee

RIP in peace.

And then the God of Redundancy joined to God of Formatting.  Tongue

I thought Mangled Bleu was an American Indian, living on a reservation and lacking the enzyme for alcohol metabolism, what's he doing speaking Türkçe all of a sudden?

When in Rome (or Instanbul) do as the locals do (plus on this day he'd swallowed a babel fish so was talkin' funny).

r-ando

Activity: 246

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:51:00 PM

Egyptian? Osiris, Horus, Ra and the inevitable one who must not be named right now? hahaha

Every moment is like a falling leaf. Seize the moments within the moment.
g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:51:56 PM

Darkcoin version Xoxouhquicenteotl. I like it
r-ando

Activity: 246

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 03:01:05 PM

In 200 years, they will use a cryptocurrency simply called CREDITS or UNITS. Ok?

People will look into the sourcecode of CREDITS and find remnants of the words Darkcoin and Masternode.

Grin

No…  Smiley  It will be Darkcoin and two others that will be major. Darkcoin will be almost impossible to buy but it will be very easy to use anywhere.

Oh… imo

Every moment is like a falling leaf. Seize the moments within the moment.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 03:04:27 PM

In 200 years, they will use a cryptocurrency simply called CREDITS or UNITS. Ok?

People will look into the sourcecode of CREDITS and find remnants of the words Darkcoin and Masternode.

Grin

No…  Smiley  It will be Darkcoin and two others that will be major. Darkcoin will be almost impossible to buy but it will be very easy to use anywhere.

Oh… imo

Don't tease, O prophet - what are your other two bets?
Pages: « 1 ... 2950 2951 2952 2953 2954 2955 2956 2957 2958 2959 2960 2961 2962 2963 2964 2965 2966 2967 2968 2969 2970 2971 2972 2973 2974 2975 2976 2977 2978 2979 2980 2981 2982 2983 2984 2985 2986 2987 2988 2989 2990 2991 2992 2993 2994 2995 2996 2997 2998 2999 [3000] 3001 3002 3003 3004 3005 3006 3007 3008 3009 3010 3011 3012 3013 3014 3015 3016 3017 3018 3019 3020 3021 3022 3023 3024 3025 3026 3027 3028 3029 3030 3031 3032 3033 3034 3035 3036 3037 3038 3039 3040 3041 3042 3043 3044 3045 3046 3047 3048 3049 3050 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: