Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:44:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3155 3156 3157 3158 3159 3160 3161 3162 3163 3164 3165 3166 3167 3168 3169 3170 3171 3172 3173 3174 3175 3176 3177 3178 3179 3180 3181 3182 3183 3184 3185 3186 3187 3188 3189 3190 3191 3192 3193 3194 3195 3196 3197 3198 3199 3200 3201 3202 3203 3204 [3205] 3206 3207 3208 3209 3210 3211 3212 3213 3214 3215 3216 3217 3218 3219 3220 3221 3222 3223 3224 3225 3226 3227 3228 3229 3230 3231 3232 3233 3234 3235 3236 3237 3238 3239 3240 3241 3242 3243 3244 3245 3246 3247 3248 3249 3250 3251 3252 3253 3254 3255 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722528 times)
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:28:06 AM

no more cheap drk @ mintpal. All mine :-)

I think its bull, because i was trying to buy it for an hour and the shitty mint site would not let me. First they delayed my deposit by about 30 minutes. then i hit buy order about 50 times with no response. then i see you got it.

That exchange sucks and I will never use them again.

still...trying to make a buy order....wont let me.  Angry

Worst exchange I ever used!

Edit: Gave up and cashed out. Screw that site. I wont deposit if someone sold DRK for 10 satoshi each. Not worth the headache. I'll stick with Bittrex  
Still "not enough data to display chart at the moment"... What bs, MintPal relaunched like what two days ago and still can't display even a minute by minute chart?
Pathetic. DRK traders 'should' take their business to Bitfinex. They are not letting anything and everything with a crypto pulse inside their gates like Bittrex.
JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:28:19 AM

I think its bull, because i was trying to buy it for an hour and the shitty mint site would not let me. First they delayed my deposit by about 30 minutes. then i hit buy order about 50 times with no response. then i see you got it.

Edit: Gave up and cashed out. Screw that site. I wont deposit if someone sold DRK for 10 satoshi each. Not worth the headache. I'll stick with Bittrex  

well yes, it is pretty hard to use. And slow. And buggy. must go slowly to make trade, i am learning it half a day like good old days with gox and btce :-)
cashed out and in few times :-)
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:57:45 AM

I just rented this from Google Play - Awesome documentary...

http://www.coindesk.com/rise-rise-bitcoin-documentary-gets-long-awaited-worldwide-release/

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:58:21 AM

well yes, it is pretty hard to use. And slow. And buggy. must go slowly to make trade, i am learning it half a day like good old days with gox and btce :-)
cashed out and in few times :-)

As per a previous post I wrote, I managed to get the coins I had on Mintpal transferred out of there a few hours ago. The process was relatively painless (for me, I know others are having trouble access their accounts and whatnot) with most of the transfers happening in around 30 minutes. However, the last one I did (of around 6 in total) was for a small amount of leftover BTC and it is very slow with the confirmation email one has to click on taking at least 2 hours to come and the BTC still not transferred an hour later. I think these are ominous signs their wobbly disaster of an "upgrade" (and one could only use that term ever so loosely; I can't see anything at all that appears to be improved, even if they will be able to handle fiat, the whole thing's so untrustworthy now) could completely implode.

If you have coins on there I'd be attempting to transfer them out urgently. Mintpal have demonstrated they're no longer the relatively sound and useful facility they once were. Pretty much all done bar the screaming....

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 04:11:49 AM

1/2 --CALL FOR HELP-- If you are into the Dark, please email lamar@pheeva.com and request that Pheeva create a #Darkcoin wallet for all OSs.

2/2 They are currently soliciting feedback... Mention privacy and Instant transactions. Let's do this Darkcoiners! #buildthedarkness

#getintothedark
#buildthedarkness
#DarkcoinChameleon

Join the email attack,

@TaoOfSatoshi

Bumped for visibility...

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:22:44 AM

Watch this folks - it's an absolutely textbook home run, stunning performance by Andreas Antonopolis.

The guy is Mr "honed response" and fires each point home with the deadly precision. Exceeds the Pope's capacity for infallibility under cross examination IMO. Utterly amazing plus really informative - he gets an applause from the Senators at the end of it.

Those guy's jaws were on the floor.

I'd imagine that any VC watching this who's remotely concerned with financial services capital is going to be quaking with desperation to get into the space after watching this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUNGFZDO8mM

Thank you for posting this, it was really awesome.  Andreas is indeed THE Bitcoin Guru and I learned a few things, even so I've watched many of his speaches.  He's so amazingly articulate, calm and insightful.  Wonder where he'll be 10, 20 years in the future.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
_evolution_

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:26:20 AM

Watch this folks - it's an absolutely textbook home run, stunning performance by Andreas Antonopolis.

The guy is Mr "honed response" and fires each point home with the deadly precision. Exceeds the Pope's capacity for infallibility under cross examination IMO. Utterly amazing plus really informative - he gets an applause from the Senators at the end of it.

Those guy's jaws were on the floor.

I'd imagine that any VC watching this who's remotely concerned with financial services capital is going to be quaking with desperation to get into the space after watching this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUNGFZDO8mM

Andreas is great!

+1024

Thank you for the link!
davidc57

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 05:46:25 AM

I withdraw all my altcoins from MP.

V1 was so nice ! No matter there are no fees until end of year. We just need stability and liquidity. I think Mintpal is dead with V2.

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:49:08 AM

Everybody.

Eduffield needs help. We can't continue having him as the one central guy who has to fix and update the code all the time.

We need to attract more programmers, possibly even better more experienced programmers than eduffield himself.

Therefor I was thinking about what a job announcement would look like if we wanted to attract more programmers who could work on the darkcoin-core (C++, Qt).

What skills are we talking about here.

1) Well versed in C/C++
2) Ability to understand and program in concurrency ways.
3) Understanding old and new principles of cryptography
4) Experience in multiclient network programming (this includes multiplayer games, etc...)

what else is needed, or better yet, what would I (as an average programmer) need to learn to be able to help the darkcoin network get better?

What would you add, evan?

blah blah blah, I have no life and have no idea what I'm talking about

I'll bet you 1000 Darkcoin that you can't find an exploit that pays you like the one yesterday.

On the following conditions:

1.) You must make money from exploiting the system to an address that you control.
2.) You must make more than 1000 Darkcoin from said exploit.
3.) We both put up 1000 DRK into escrow.
4.) You have two week to prove you made 1000 DRK from exploiting the system. Otherwise I win.

Also, don't feed the trolls evan! Feed the hackers!

Bump that

+ Python Developer !!!!
bregge

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:30:12 AM

NEW: Darkcoin (DRK) Lotto @ DRKLotto.com

All lotteries have a 1 in 50 chance of winning for each ticket purchased.
I am a huge Darkcoin supporter and I will keep all the payouts honest and fair.
I will use http://random.org to pick the winners.

Please join the lotto's and help to get drklotto.com started!

I might hold a special lotto for the first people to buy tickets (in the near future)

Datum: 10.10.2014 10:22
An: drklotto XkpXNRiDd5WQNSh3Hgizm5jDYYWY7j3k8d
Belastung: -1.00 DRK
Transaktionsgebühr: -0.001 DRK
Nettobetrag: -1.001 DRK
Transaktions-ID: 2b46c367196c2e4c3e4acbcf57edfc58139075b619ecf4aab13a2620191fc7d5
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:44:40 AM

Darkcoin now Trading on Europe’s most secure Exchange !

ccedk.com, a Danish exchange renowned for its security, have announced that they are now accepting Darkcoin. Trading with Darkcoin will include, amongst others, trading pairs such as the Euro and the Russian ruble
opening up further possibilities for Darkcoin's increasing popularity.

ccedk.com is presented as the first crime-free cryptocurrency trading platform. Boasting a dual-language English/Russian interface it is aimed at a wide audience, but has often been overlooked. Notably there are plans for further interfaces in Spanish, Portuguese, German, French, Danish and Chinese suggesting expansion is on the horizon.

Their security-conscious approach is likely to be welcomed as cryptocurrency users become more cautious in the face of well-known exchange collapses such as Mt. Gox. To counter such a possibility ccedk.com keeps a reserve fund, amounting to thirty-percent of the crypto currencies revenue, to protect their customers in the case of losses. This is a major innovation akin to how major banks refund the victims of fraud that grants customers a degree of security in the event of being targeted by criminal elements. As more and more users of cryptocurrencies begin to enter the marketplace it is important that more institutions take financial security into consideration.

In terms of trading the site has promised Skrill integration in the coming months which will make depositing fiat a breeze. Also impressive is the range of fiat currencies which can be used including Danish/Norwegian kroner, British pounds, US dollars and Euros, accounts can be funded SWIFT wire transfers, SEPA, and Deposit and withdraw in RUB/UAH/EUR/USD, using more than 150 payment options in terms of funding with the Payment Service Provider Payee!
One notable feature of ccedk.com is the remarkable degree of transparency on offer. They are confident enough to post the details of their lawyer and they are clear that they will follow the Single Euro Payment Area (SEPA) regulations to help integrate cryptocurrency trading into the mainstream, including its regulations. With this layer of legal adherence a core feature of the site it is clear that ccedk.com will emerge as one of the safest exchanges and is surely a strong recommendation when tempting newcomers into the world of cryptocurrency.

It is worth noting that the security of ccedk.com can be usefully combined with the privacy offered by specific cryptocurrencies and, in particular, that of Darkcoin. This coin already has a large following in Europe and is
gaining further traction in Russia, Ukraine, Poland and many others. In this manner ccedk.com is the perfect home for Darkcoin trading given its dual-language interface. Darkcoin, which anonymizes transactions if one chooses, has slowly emerged as the major alternative to Bitcoin and with new innovations appearing daily it is grow even further. As Darkcoin enters the mainstream alongside secure and transparent exchanges such as ccedk.com we will find ourselves in the mature position of combining financial security with financial privacy opening up cryptocurrency to ever wider adoption.

https://www.ccedk.com/drk-btc

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darkcoin-news-drk-now-trading-on-europes-most-secure-exchange.2634/

yeXIABC

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:17:47 AM

Darkcoin now Trading on Europe’s most secure Exchange !

ccedk.com, a Danish exchange renowned for its security, have announced that they are now accepting Darkcoin. Trading with Darkcoin will include, amongst others, trading pairs such as the Euro and the Russian ruble
opening up further possibilities for Darkcoin's increasing popularity.

ccedk.com is presented as the first crime-free cryptocurrency trading platform. Boasting a dual-language English/Russian interface it is aimed at a wide audience, but has often been overlooked. Notably there are plans for further interfaces in Spanish, Portuguese, German, French, Danish and Chinese suggesting expansion is on the horizon.

Their security-conscious approach is likely to be welcomed as cryptocurrency users become more cautious in the face of well-known exchange collapses such as Mt. Gox. To counter such a possibility ccedk.com keeps a reserve fund, amounting to thirty-percent of the crypto currencies revenue, to protect their customers in the case of losses. This is a major innovation akin to how major banks refund the victims of fraud that grants customers a degree of security in the event of being targeted by criminal elements. As more and more users of cryptocurrencies begin to enter the marketplace it is important that more institutions take financial security into consideration.

In terms of trading the site has promised Skrill integration in the coming months which will make depositing fiat a breeze. Also impressive is the range of fiat currencies which can be used including Danish/Norwegian kroner, British pounds, US dollars and Euros, accounts can be funded SWIFT wire transfers, SEPA, and Deposit and withdraw in RUB/UAH/EUR/USD, using more than 150 payment options in terms of funding with the Payment Service Provider Payee!
One notable feature of ccedk.com is the remarkable degree of transparency on offer. They are confident enough to post the details of their lawyer and they are clear that they will follow the Single Euro Payment Area (SEPA) regulations to help integrate cryptocurrency trading into the mainstream, including its regulations. With this layer of legal adherence a core feature of the site it is clear that ccedk.com will emerge as one of the safest exchanges and is surely a strong recommendation when tempting newcomers into the world of cryptocurrency.

It is worth noting that the security of ccedk.com can be usefully combined with the privacy offered by specific cryptocurrencies and, in particular, that of Darkcoin. This coin already has a large following in Europe and is
gaining further traction in Russia, Ukraine, Poland and many others. In this manner ccedk.com is the perfect home for Darkcoin trading given its dual-language interface. Darkcoin, which anonymizes transactions if one chooses, has slowly emerged as the major alternative to Bitcoin and with new innovations appearing daily it is grow even further. As Darkcoin enters the mainstream alongside secure and transparent exchanges such as ccedk.com we will find ourselves in the mature position of combining financial security with financial privacy opening up cryptocurrency to ever wider adoption.

https://www.ccedk.com/drk-btc

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darkcoin-news-drk-now-trading-on-europes-most-secure-exchange.2634/

GOOD  DRK
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:33:07 AM

A simple question: why Zerocoin is worse than Darkcoin?

It doesn't exist?  Tongue

It does. Look at ANC.

Anoncoin proposes to use zerocoin/zerocash if it ever gets released. It hasn't been yet AFAIK. Plus it's a non-starter in many respects anyway, quite apart from the newfangled, untried and untested cryptography, for example check these gems out from the zerocoin website:

"there are promising techniques for preventing money laundering without violating the privacy of legitimate users (e.g., CHL06). Roughly, the idea is to build the cryptographic protocol so that, once the total amount paid between any two users (over any number of payments) exceeds some public threshold, the payments are not private."

"More generally, the underlying zk-SNARK cryptographic proof machinery is flexible enough to enforce a wide range of policies. It can, for example, let users prove that they paid the taxes due on all transactions, without revealing those transactions, their amounts, or even the amount of taxes paid. As long as the policy can be specified by efficient “nondeterministic” computation, it can (in principle) be enforced using zk-SNARKs and added to Zerocash. This can help to verify and enforce a wide range of compliance and regulatory policies in manner that is non-invasive to privacy. Morever, once codified, policies will be enforced even in the presence of corrupt employees among the authorities."

source: http://zerocoin.org/q_and_a

Only anonymous if they let you be anonymous, centralised control and enforcement. I couldn't decide which parts of the above paragraphs to bold, it was all equally repugnant.

No fucking thanks.  Roll Eyes

Also,

Zerocoin won't scale.

Quantum computers will deanonymize its whole blockchain. Darkcoin uses off-chain mixing, so it's not an issue for DRK, DarkSend anonymization is future-proof. How long it takes until that happens? It could be next year, it could take 20 years, or they could already exist but we don't know it.

More about limitations of Zerocoin:

The first reason is performance. Redeeming zerocoins requires double-discrete-logarithm proofs of knowledge, which have size that exceeds 45 kB and require 450 ms to verify (at the 128-bit security level). These proofs must be broadcas through the network, verified by every node, and permanently stored in the ledger. The entailed costs are higher, by orders of magnitude, than those in Bitcoin and can seriously tax a Bitcoin network operating at normal scale.

The second reason is functionality. While Zerocoin constitutes a basic e-cash scheme, it lacks critical features required of full-fledged anonymous payments. First, Zerocoin uses coins of fixed denomination: it does not support payments of exact values, nor does it provide a means to make change following a transaction (i.e., divide coins). Second, Zerocoin has no mechanism for one user to pay another one directly in “zerocoins.”

And third, while Zerocoin provides anonymity by unlinking a payment transaction from its origin address, it does not hide the amount or other metadata about transactions occurring on the network.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:45:30 AM

Everybody.

Eduffield needs help. We can't continue having him as the one central guy who has to fix and update the code all the time.

We need to attract more programmers, possibly even better more experienced programmers than eduffield himself.

Therefor I was thinking about what a job announcement would look like if we wanted to attract more programmers who could work on the darkcoin-core (C++, Qt).

What skills are we talking about here.

1) Well versed in C/C++
2) Ability to understand and program in concurrency ways.
3) Understanding old and new principles of cryptography
4) Experience in multiclient network programming (this includes multiplayer games, etc...)

what else is needed, or better yet, what would I (as an average programmer) need to learn to be able to help the darkcoin network get better?

What would you add, evan?

blah blah blah, I have no life and have no idea what I'm talking about

I'll bet you 1000 Darkcoin that you can't find an exploit that pays you like the one yesterday.

On the following conditions:

1.) You must make money from exploiting the system to an address that you control.
2.) You must make more than 1000 Darkcoin from said exploit.
3.) We both put up 1000 DRK into escrow.
4.) You have two week to prove you made 1000 DRK from exploiting the system. Otherwise I win.

Also, don't feed the trolls evan! Feed the hackers!

Bump that

+ Python Developer !!!!

Has Evan actually stated he wants more people involved in core development at this point? There should be a confirmation before we start asking around. Smiley A short job description would be nice as well.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 09:54:42 AM

Small article (thanks for sending me the details) :

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/darkcoin-now-trading-on-ccedk-europes-most-secure-exchange-
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:04:56 AM

Stockmarket tanking again today.

ptshamrock

Activity: 484

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:17:28 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 10:36:16 AM by ptshamrock

whats the most liquid exchange right now?

anyone want to buy fully running masternodes ?

"Money needs to be depoliticized, and the time has come for the separation of money and state to be accomplished."
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:30:32 AM

anyone want to buy fully running maternodes ?

There's always a market for "maternal nodes" - specially if they come as a pair  Wink
ptshamrock

Activity: 484

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:36:31 AM

anyone want to buy fully running maternodes ?

There's always a market for "maternal nodes" - specially if they come as a pair  Wink

corrected   Grin

"Money needs to be depoliticized, and the time has come for the separation of money and state to be accomplished."
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:41:38 AM

Wow they have DOGE, RDD markets but not DRK market ? They must be delusional, right ?
Pages: « 1 ... 3155 3156 3157 3158 3159 3160 3161 3162 3163 3164 3165 3166 3167 3168 3169 3170 3171 3172 3173 3174 3175 3176 3177 3178 3179 3180 3181 3182 3183 3184 3185 3186 3187 3188 3189 3190 3191 3192 3193 3194 3195 3196 3197 3198 3199 3200 3201 3202 3203 3204 [3205] 3206 3207 3208 3209 3210 3211 3212 3213 3214 3215 3216 3217 3218 3219 3220 3221 3222 3223 3224 3225 3226 3227 3228 3229 3230 3231 3232 3233 3234 3235 3236 3237 3238 3239 3240 3241 3242 3243 3244 3245 3246 3247 3248 3249 3250 3251 3252 3253 3254 3255 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: