Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:07:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3586 3587 3588 3589 3590 3591 3592 3593 3594 3595 3596 3597 3598 3599 3600 3601 3602 3603 3604 3605 3606 3607 3608 3609 3610 3611 3612 3613 3614 3615 3616 3617 3618 3619 3620 3621 3622 3623 3624 3625 3626 3627 3628 3629 3630 3631 3632 3633 3634 3635 [3636] 3637 3638 3639 3640 3641 3642 3643 3644 3645 3646 3647 3648 3649 3650 3651 3652 3653 3654 3655 3656 3657 3658 3659 3660 3661 3662 3663 3664 3665 3666 3667 3668 3669 3670 3671 3672 3673 3674 3675 3676 3677 3678 3679 3680 3681 3682 3683 3684 3685 3686 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 04:49:35 AM

Ok, I've been asked to help someone tomorrow, to update their masternode, so I made a video tutorial.  My first, so it's a bit rambling.  I hope it's not too bad.  I just wanted to explain how and why I do things the way I do.  Mostly, I can't remember too many command line arguments, so I end up having to look them up over and over again.  I now just use windows, 7zip (to un-tar un-gz) winSCP so I can insert just the darkcoind file, then the rest I do in the command line.  If it's your first time, and you're new, I think this video is helpful.  If you're well versed with Linux and command lines, etc... you'll be bored shitless, LOL.

So anyway, here is my first youtube upload!  Dun da da daaaaah!
http://youtu.be/OmVdYB6a31U

PS my husband just had to sit down at his computer across from me and start commenting... I got so nervous, I had to have a drink before I could be semi articulate, ROFL

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 05:11:35 AM

I want to buy a lifetime membership, but I don't have the coins, LOL.  So I wonder.... will things get better soon enough for our finances to buy the lifetime membership?  Or do I have to do the year thing?  back and forth.... hummm what to do...  I wonder if the lifetime option will always be open to us?

Tante, I would like to sponsor a lifetime membership for you if you accept it. Please post an address I can send the coins to, I would love to show my respect and appreciation for your guidance and continuous support of the community.

That's so sweet of you, but I feel weird accepting.... Undecided

I thought you would probably say that, and that is why I would like to insist. It is well deserved, nothing wrong about getting a little recognition for everything you do. You can PM me an address if you prefer or post it here.

I honestly complain way too much about being broke, LOL.  I'd feel like I was begging.  I'm just a complainer.  If I took donations, I'd have to stop complaining, and I don't think I could manage, ROFLMAO

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 05:50:41 AM

Ok, I've been asked to help someone tomorrow, to update their masternode, so I made a video tutorial.  My first, so it's a bit rambling.  I hope it's not too bad.  I just wanted to explain how and why I do things the way I do.  Mostly, I can't remember too many command line arguments, so I end up having to look them up over and over again.  I now just use windows, 7zip (to un-tar un-gz) winSCP so I can insert just the darkcoind file, then the rest I do in the command line.  If it's your first time, and you're new, I think this video is helpful.  If you're well versed with Linux and command lines, etc... you'll be bored shitless, LOL.

PS my husband just had to sit down at his computer across from me and start commenting... I got so nervous, I had to have a drink before I could be semi articulate, ROFL

Great work Tante! I'm just a little disappointed the gnome didn't get involved too.

Just one minor point: At 2:20 you talk about removing the tar.gs file extension of the zipped linux file. I would be surprised if you have to do this. I use Express Zip and it just unzips them fine as they are. Maybe try that to see if removing the extensions is a redundant step.

And perhaps you should put the name of your hubby's book into the YouTube comment field on the video so people can find it.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:00:31 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2014, 06:40:41 AM by TanteStefana2

Great work Tante! I'm just a little disappointed the gnome didn't get involved too.

Just one minor point: At 2:20 you talk about removing the tar.gs file extension of the zipped linux file. I would be surprised if you have to do this. I use Express Zip and it just unzips them fine as they are. Maybe try that to see if removing the extensions is a redundant step.

And perhaps you should put the name of your hubby's book into the YouTube comment field on the video so people can find it.

I knew one of you would tell me how to do that in one step, LOL. I'll add that in the comments Cheesy.  Thanks for looking!

BTW, you mean hubbie = gnome?  That's funny because there is a gnome in his book, LOL.

Edit: Oh duh!  I have a gnome on my desktop, LOL, I'm so impossible!

onetime

Activity: 602
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:02:12 AM

Ok, I've been asked to help someone tomorrow, to update their masternode, so I made a video tutorial.  Here is my first youtube upload!  Dun da da daaaaah! http://youtu.be/OmVdYB6a31U
Evan Duffield Presentation at Virtual Crypto Money Expo ....>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1J5iYBpwNY

I think it might be time for me to start making some videos for Darkcoin.

TanteStefana2, I appreciate your effort making an instructional/tutorial video, but there is a much easier way to quickly update mns.

I could make both a mn setup tutorial video and a mn update video, making it easy for any novice with 1,000 DRK to set up his own masternode the right way.

but since I have my own mns and I'm greedy, I don't know if it's in my interests to make a tutorial showing how to make more mns to compete with mine for payments.

on one hand, if more DRK are removed from circulation to make mns, less DRK would be available in the market so the price might go up. and it would also be good for Darkcoin that there would be more mns running.

but on the other hand, when more mns compete with mine, I get fewer mn payments. (I know mn % of block reward will increase each month. but in the meantime, the frequency of payments I get depends on the number of mns running.)

so, should I make an instructional tutorial video? would that be in my interests to do?  Huh

Evan's presentation video is great, very informative about Darkcoin, Darksend, InstantX, and the mn network. I think I can present all this information in a Darkcoin video that would interest regular people who don't know much about crypto-currency.

I'm not sure if I should get started now on making this video, or if I should wait until more improvements happen and the interface is more user-friendly. it would take a lot of my time to put this video together, I wouldn't want to have to completely re-do the video when new things happen. but I think now would be a good time for an informative promotional video to make people aware of Darkcoin, spread knowledge, and create excitement.

should I get started on it now?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:11:35 AM

Ok, I've been asked to help someone tomorrow, to update their masternode, so I made a video tutorial.  Here is my first youtube upload!  Dun da da daaaaah! http://youtu.be/OmVdYB6a31U
Evan Duffield Presentation at Virtual Crypto Money Expo ....>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1J5iYBpwNY

TanteStefana2, I appreciate your effort making an instructional/tutorial video, but there is a much easier way to quickly update mns.

I could make both a mn setup tutorial video and a mn update video, making it easy for any novice with 1,000 DRK to set up his own masternode the right way.

but since I have my own mns and I'm greedy, I don't know if it's in my interests to make a tutorial showing how to make more mns to compete with mine for payments.

on one hand, if more DRK are removed from circulation to make mns, less DRK would be available in the market so the price might go up. and it would also be good for Darkcoin that there would be more mns running.

but on the other hand, when more mns compete with mine, I get fewer mn payments. (I know mn % of block reward will increase each month. but in the meantime, the frequency of payments I get depends on the number of mns running.)

so, should I make an instructional tutorial video? would that be in my interests to do?  Huh

Evan's presentation video is great, very informative about Darkcoin, Darksend, InstantX, and the mn network. I think I can present all this information in a Darkcoin video that would interest regular people who don't know much about crypto-currency.

I'm not sure if I should get started now on making this video, or if I should wait until more improvements happen and the interface is more user-friendly. it would take a lot of my time to put this video together, I wouldn't want to have to completely re-do the video when new things happen. but I think now would be a good time for an informative promotional video to make people aware of Darkcoin, spread knowledge, and create excitement.

YES!

Anything you can do to help get the word out would be awesome.  As far as masternodes, they're going to grow in numbers no matter what, up to a point.  This will be driven more by the cost of masternodes and the potential income, IMO.  People who can't do it themselves find a way, even if it's to have someone else handle it for them.  But I know I appreciate it when I can learn a better way to do things.  In fact, I need to learn how to do multiple wallet starts even so I only have 2 wallets, but time is kinda short.  But, I think everything we do to help the network, help the coin, help each other, makes the coin more valuable, and thereby rewards us for our efforts.  Kind of like enlightened self interest Wink

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:26:54 AM

LOL
nice tante, very very nice !
there is nothing better than a female voice for a technical guide !
love it !
 Grin

PS: can i use this ?? (DarkTV and such ??)
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:36:37 AM

YES and PLEASE

tante is totally right (as always) the MN numbers will grow, and we want that as well (security)
so please get on it with some video's !
I wrote a paper for simple MN instructions just to encourage newcomers to set up MN's !
Video's would be 10 times better (and we would have more new things to put on DRK YouTube !!!)

For the guides:
the simpler (Mac/PC) the better.
as we want/need something like that really for new comers and tech nobs (like me)

PS: try to get a female voiceover  Wink .... even though you can not beat Tante ....>
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:23:31 AM

The Darkcoin Foundation is now Open For Business! ....>

Please join .... per Year or Lifetime !

https://www.darkcoinfoundation.org/

stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:35:57 AM

Seriously amazing work!!

Count me in for lifetime membership!

This community has grown exponentially in the last 1-2 months with some really great people. I feel as though we have reached a critical point and entering into a new era Cheesy
raico

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:37:20 AM

Seriously amazing work!!

Count me in for lifetime membership!

This community has grown exponentially in the last 1-2 months with some really great people. I feel as though we have reached a critical point and entering into a new era Cheesy

Same here. Will join the lifetime member when i finish my MN-work  Grin

BTW: Good move and Nice work~

Dash
All good for Bitcoin is good for Crypto-Currency, at the present~
All good for Crypto-Currency is good for Dash, in the end~
johnbrainless

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:47:01 AM

is there a guide on how to set up masternode?

♝ Pandacoin   ♝ Buy With Paypal Or Credit Card ♝ FaceBook tipping ♝ Irc channel #DigitalPandacoin with tipbot
✬ Earn 2.5% Annual Interest ✬ Active Dev Team ✬ Blazing Fast Multi Mode Wallet ✬ Paper Wallet ✬ No premine or IPO ✬
☠☠☠☠☠☠☠ PANDACOINPND (´(ェ)`) Digital Pandacoin (´(ェ)`) PANDACOINPND ☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:52:03 AM

is there a guide on how to set up masternode?

Here should be everything needed !

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/masternodes-explanations-guides-setups-tools-for-drk-newcomers.3055/#post-30639
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:43:13 AM

Apart from some "simple" linux commands linux newbies know little about..
you will find a tutorial with linux commands here:
http://planetcrypton.com/install-darkcoin-daemon - that one worked better in my beginnings.
fernando

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 10:16:29 AM

Are there plans for the foundation to setup masternodes with the funds they gather? May be a bit early for this question.

If they have the spare funds then I'm sure they will, no reason not to.

It would be badass if they could get enough masternodes to have a healthy daily income. I'm sure that's in the plan somewhere.

Or purchase shares in a legit cloud mining operation, which will bring good income for developers.

I know a couple that are not Ponzi's that would serve the foundation well.

There are no plans yet about what to do with the funds because we don't have a clue about how much we'll have Smiley In a few days we'll do a press release to give this some more publicity, but truth is that the people who may be interested in joining will probably have already heard about the foundation by then. We will probably wait for a couple weeks for things to stabilize and then we can start to plan with a better view on who we are. One thing we do know is that the foundation should pay for the infrastructure of Darkcoin that is currently being funded by Evan and Holger out of their pockets.

As explained in the website (https://www.darkcoinfoundation.org/about/funds/), all funds are stored in multisig address and you can all check, so it is easy to see how things are going. You can even follow your funds from your wallet to the payment processor and then to the multisig. Btw, the difference between the amount sent and the amount received is the payment processor fee (0.5% + 0.001 per withdrawal... all charge similar amounts and this one works great).
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 10:52:45 AM

It's very well made.
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 11:31:44 AM

Are there plans for the foundation to setup masternodes with the funds they gather? May be a bit early for this question.

It would be badass if they could get enough masternodes to have a healthy daily income. I'm sure that's in the plan somewhere.

Or purchase shares in a legit cloud mining operation, which will bring good income for developers.

There are no plans yet about what to do with the funds because we don't have a clue about how much we'll have Smiley In a few days we'll do a press release to give this some more publicity, but truth is that the people who may be interested in joining will probably have already heard about the foundation by then. We will probably wait for a couple weeks for things to stabilize and then we can start to plan with a better view on who we are. One thing we do know is that the foundation should pay for the infrastructure of Darkcoin that is currently being funded by Evan and Holger out of their pockets.

As explained in the website (https://www.darkcoinfoundation.org/about/funds/), all funds are stored in multisig address and you can all check, so it is easy to see how things are going. You can even follow your funds from your wallet to the payment processor and then to the multisig. Btw, the difference between the amount sent and the amount received is the payment processor fee (0.5% + 0.001 per withdrawal... all charge similar amounts and this one works great).

What a brilliant plan  Smiley

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 11:50:10 AM

What a brilliant plan  Smiley
Yes, exelent.
Can I get two life time in case I resurect once?  Grin

Fernando, did the foundation will need some worldwide representant? I will gladly help for Mexico branch.
btc_uzr

Activity: 476

let's have some fun

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 11:56:22 AM

Version 10.17.23

Some issues have been reported and I'm reverting to 10.17.21 until I have some time to thoroughly test the changes.
If you you're running a masternode, it's best to stick to 10.17.21 until this is resolved. Thanks!

Get me right please, I really appreciate your hard and ongoing work,
...but...
*each* time I look into the DRK thread there's a new version available.
An auto-update feature like armory offers (signed update files) would be really nice.
At least an info when starting the wallet "Alert: new version available, update once more" should be implemented.

Thanks for reading.

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:04:10 PM

LOL, good luck getting that 501 (c), the IRS is putting those in the back of the bottom drawer filing cabinet, LOL.  (sorry, I couldn't help myself!  LOL)

Trying to find the sub-forum on DCT, Vertoe came up with a great idea last night and I want to pull the trigger, need the foundation's blessing first...

The forum is not there yet. I talked about it with Propulsion and he was ok with it, but we had no specific date when we discussed. I've written him and I hope we can set that up in the next couple of days.

Flare IMO it should be done! It would be the self investing system.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pages: « 1 ... 3586 3587 3588 3589 3590 3591 3592 3593 3594 3595 3596 3597 3598 3599 3600 3601 3602 3603 3604 3605 3606 3607 3608 3609 3610 3611 3612 3613 3614 3615 3616 3617 3618 3619 3620 3621 3622 3623 3624 3625 3626 3627 3628 3629 3630 3631 3632 3633 3634 3635 [3636] 3637 3638 3639 3640 3641 3642 3643 3644 3645 3646 3647 3648 3649 3650 3651 3652 3653 3654 3655 3656 3657 3658 3659 3660 3661 3662 3663 3664 3665 3666 3667 3668 3669 3670 3671 3672 3673 3674 3675 3676 3677 3678 3679 3680 3681 3682 3683 3684 3685 3686 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: