Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:34:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinica - Advanced Bitcoin Trading Platform  (Read 51026 times)
macbook-air

Activity: 324
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 07:48:39 PM

Why am I blocked again? I want to withdraw money from my account, but got Access Denied. I have 1050 USD in it.

I thought your account was banned?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=42267.msg530004#msg530004

It's another account.

Well hell, if you have 1050 in this account, and -950 in the blocked one... if I where zhoutong, I'd just send you $100 and call it even.

but i'm not zhoutong Wink

The only thing I did with this account recently was actually I want to withdraw money, but always got errors. So I wrote a while true shell script help me make a withdraw every 30 seconds. Mr. Zhou may think it is too often.

Anyway, it's not my fault. I just want my money. I hope Zhou Tong unblock my account ASAP.

Hi,

I thought I had sent you an email.

I have already reset your password and it's included in the email.

That's because of this anomalous withdrawals.

Thanks, I logged in successfully with the new password you sent me. But I got my BTC balance -฿1.00000000. Did someone steal 1 BTC from me?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 11:28:55 PM

Why am I blocked again? I want to withdraw money from my account, but got Access Denied. I have 1050 USD in it.

I thought your account was banned?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=42267.msg530004#msg530004

It's another account.

Well hell, if you have 1050 in this account, and -950 in the blocked one... if I where zhoutong, I'd just send you $100 and call it even.

but i'm not zhoutong Wink

The only thing I did with this account recently was actually I want to withdraw money, but always got errors. So I wrote a while true shell script help me make a withdraw every 30 seconds. Mr. Zhou may think it is too often.

Anyway, it's not my fault. I just want my money. I hope Zhou Tong unblock my account ASAP.

Hi,

I thought I had sent you an email.

I have already reset your password and it's included in the email.

That's because of this anomalous withdrawals.

Thanks, I logged in successfully with the new password you sent me. But I got my BTC balance -฿1.00000000. Did someone steal 1 BTC from me?

No, I did it to prevent withdrawals. I'll credit back.

If you have any difficulties to get your money out, just email support@bitcoinica.com. We will manually withdraw for you.

The automatic withdrawal feature only works for small amount for now.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
gewure

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

[#][#][#]

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 05:04:05 AM

i just wanted to tell you about my good impressions from bitcoinica, zhoutong. i will continue trading on your plattform since i think it is the best featured and easiest do use.

greets
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 06:43:15 AM

Zhoutang,

I need some help with my account.  I was attempting to set a limit and I guess it came out as a stop.  I was willing to chalk it up to a misclick, but when I went to liquidate the new position it created, it added to my position.  I tried to liquidate that, and it added more.

If you could help me sort this out, I'd be appreciative.  I'll send you a PM with details.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2011, 06:45:45 AM

Zhoutang,

I need some help with my account.  I was attempting to set a limit and I guess it came out as a stop.  I was willing to chalk it up to a misclick, but when I went to liquidate the new position it created, it added to my position.  I tried to liquidate that, and it added more.

If you could help me sort this out, I'd be appreciative.  I'll send you a PM with details.

Hi,

Sorry for the problem. Can you please submit a support ticket to us?

I'll look into your account. If it's a confirmed technical error, I'll credit you as compensation!

Thanks!

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

johnj

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 06:53:36 AM

Zhoutang,

Hi,

I'll look into your account. If it's a confirmed technical error, I'll credit you as compensation!

Thanks!

Would that be the help.bitcoinica.com, or the private support email? (help.bitcoinica.com is down for me atm)

Or hopefully the PM I sent might address that it is a minor loss and maybe could be handled outside of support ticket means.

zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2011, 07:42:35 AM

Zhoutang,

Hi,

Thanks!

Would that be the help.bitcoinica.com, or the private support email? (help.bitcoinica.com is down for me atm)

Or hopefully the PM I sent might address that it is a minor loss and maybe could be handled outside of support ticket means.

Sorry that I didn't see your earlier PM. Normally I only pay attention to support tickets, which can be created by either visiting help.bitcoinica.com or sending emails to support@bitcoinica.com.

I have checked your account and yes, it was really a mess. Some old customers have similar problems because of our previous change in BTC deposit feature, and most likely you are in this category too.

In order to avoid any more problems, I didn't revert your account. Instead, I have credited you 1 BTC, which should be more than enough to recover your losses. (It will arrive after confirmations.)

Thank you for your support!

johnj

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 03:37:25 PM

Sorry that I didn't see your earlier PM. Normally I only pay attention to support tickets, which can be created by either visiting help.bitcoinica.com or sending emails to support@bitcoinica.com.

I have checked your account and yes, it was really a mess. Some old customers have similar problems because of our previous change in BTC deposit feature, and most likely you are in this category too.

In order to avoid any more problems, I didn't revert your account. Instead, I have credited you 1 BTC, which should be more than enough to recover your losses. (It will arrive after confirmations.)

Thank you for your support!

Yes, sorry it was such a mess haha.  Thanks so much for the quick service.  A+!

Litt

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 08:54:33 AM

MtGox usd withdrawal request is giving an error telling me to check my input and try again. I've submitted a ticket via support tab.

Can you look into this? My account name is same as forum name. Thanks.
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 01:38:06 PM

MtGox usd withdrawal request is giving an error telling me to check my input and try again. I've submitted a ticket via support tab.

They may be having problems with their Yubikey again.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Litt

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 04:46:27 PM

I was able to make a smaller withdrawals on the 6th without issue, so I'm not sure what the problem may be..

In the past, Zhoutong has been very quick to respond to tickets and answer my questions, so I'm sure this matter just needs to get his attention to get resolved.
netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 05:39:48 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2011, 06:13:12 PM by netrin

Hi Zhoutong, I have not experienced forced liquidation, but I am not sure when I should be concerned.

Suppose my account has $4 and 2 BTC, for a margin balance of about $10. With 1:5 leverage, can I buy bitcoins in excess of $50? At what point would forced liquidation occur? What does 'maintenance' mean?

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2011, 11:52:08 PM

I was able to make a smaller withdrawals on the 6th without issue, so I'm not sure what the problem may be..

In the past, Zhoutong has been very quick to respond to tickets and answer my questions, so I'm sure this matter just needs to get his attention to get resolved.

Hi,

Sorry for the late response. I was busy with my exams these few days.

I have already replied to your ticket and withdrawn your balance for you.

Thank you for your support! :-)

zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2011, 11:56:12 PM

Hi Zhoutong, I have not experienced forced liquidation, but I am not sure when I should be concerned.

Suppose my account has $4 and 2 BTC, for a margin balance of about $10. With 1:5 leverage, can I buy bitcoins in excess of $50? At what point would forced liquidation occur? What does 'maintenance' mean?

You have "Net Value" have "Maintenance". Basically you can't let your net value fall below the maintenance margin requirement, otherwise forced liquidation will occur.

You can buy Bitcoins worth $50 max since you have $10 margin balance. (It's indicated by Tradable Balance.)

You have to control your loss to be always less than 16% because I guess your maintenance will be about $2 if you trade with full leverage.

In reality, I don't recommend any client to trade using full leverage unless with absolute confidence, even though this may increase our volume.

netrin

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 01:42:41 AM

Thank you for your answer. Could you explain how Maintenance is calculated? For clarification, is it correct that

(Tradable Balance) = (Margin Balance) * Leverage - Positions

(Net Value) = (Margin Balance) + (Unrealized P/L=Profit/Loss)

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2011, 06:03:34 AM

Thank you for your answer. Could you explain how Maintenance is calculated? For clarification, is it correct that

(Tradable Balance) = (Margin Balance) * Leverage - Positions

(Net Value) = (Margin Balance) + (Unrealized P/L=Profit/Loss)

They are correct at the time of this writing. (If we ever change the formulae, we will notify by email at least 7 days in advance.)

Maintenance = Positions / Leverage * Margin Requirement (%)

Currently, leverage is 5 and margin requirement is 20%.

We may offer different choices in the future.

Positions value = base price * quantity (absolute value)

ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 05:14:36 AM

Now I am having problems withdrawing to mtgox...
When are you going to have 100% withdrawal reliability?

(BFL)^2 < 0
netrin

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 03:48:15 PM

Hi again and thanks for your responses. I'm not sure I understand maintenance as I can't match it up with real numbers, but it's close enough, and I get the idea.

I'd like to propose a suggestion to your order reporting. I would like to see all of the active orders sorted by price. I'm currently doing that manually, but it would be nice if your interface provided this view (even better if it graphically displayed them above the weekly chart, but I ask too much). Something like:

Code:
BTCUSD 	Trailing stop	 5.0 	$4.8429
BTCUSD Stop 5.0 $4.0500
BTCUSD Limit -5.0 $3.5500

2.84332 / 2.87888
BTCUSD Position -5.0 $3.4286 $??.88 ???.943%

BTCUSD Limit 5.0 $2.4500
BTCUSD Limit 5.0 $2.2000
BTCUSD Limit 5.0 $0.6000

zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2011, 04:28:18 PM

Now I am having problems withdrawing to mtgox...
When are you going to have 100% withdrawal reliability?

I heard from Mt. Gox that they are implementing a sub-account feature. Our withdrawal will be completely smooth after they have this feature. Now we have different accounts for hedging and withdrawals, and as required, the hedging account is "verified". However, the withdrawal account is still limited since we can't verify them with the same identity. We can't allow withdrawals from hedging account for both technical and security reasons.

If you ever have problems with withdrawals, just submit a support ticket to us. We will help you withdraw within 2-12 hours.

Mt. Gox BTC code should be working fine, and BTC withdrawals are 100% available.

zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2011, 04:33:09 PM

Hi again and thanks for your responses. I'm not sure I understand maintenance as I can't match it up with real numbers, but it's close enough, and I get the idea.

I'd like to propose a suggestion to your order reporting. I would like to see all of the active orders sorted by price. I'm currently doing that manually, but it would be nice if your interface provided this view (even better if it graphically displayed them above the weekly chart, but I ask too much). Something like:

Code:
BTCUSD 	Trailing stop	 5.0 	$4.8429
BTCUSD Stop 5.0 $4.0500
BTCUSD Limit -5.0 $3.5500

2.84332 / 2.87888
BTCUSD Position -5.0 $3.4286 $??.88 ???.943%

BTCUSD Limit 5.0 $2.4500
BTCUSD Limit 5.0 $2.2000
BTCUSD Limit 5.0 $0.6000

It's really a good idea and we have actually considered the "price ladder" view.

However, we may not launch this feature in the next release because we want to integrate with order entry directly. You will be able to edit your orders in-line, and control all your trades using a single price line.

Our current focus is a much better front-end experience. The next release will make everything refresh-free with a even more intuitive interface, including notifications and real-time order entry.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: