Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:09:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ❇️YAPPADAPPADOO -❇️Bringing Revolutionary Multi-Platform Apps To All Users  (Read 30563 times)
Anonyms

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:28:43 AM

I’ve read that this project will be using PWA. What is Progressive Web Application? and What is the advantage of using it than our traditional app today?

According to the whitepaper, PWA can work online and offline and can be fully functional. Does it mean that even if you don’t have internet access, you can use Yappadappadoo?

Most websites today are limited with internet connectivity. Without internet, the website won’t display anything. PWA is a new concept now in web app development. This concept has offline capabilities with improved speed and performance. This will allow users to have access to the pages have already visited.

I like the idea of offline capabilities. Because it won't cause any internet data or bandwidth. But What about the pages who have not visited yet? Will it display also the page? If it will not display the page then PWA has no difference in our normal web app today.
So, basically, the offline capabilities meant access to pages you have already visited? I think it was extremely helpful with trivago since hotel stays sometimes involves planning. This might be helpful to an online gamer who frequently look for the latest games to install but does research before installing a new one.
I think if you haven't visited the page, it won't be accessible. I think PWA works like automatically saving a page if visited and saving an app if you chose to select to save it on your home screen or something, though not sure how that actually will work for this one.
So, initially, I would have to visit the page for the page to be saved, and in any case, the only pages that would be accessible are those pages that I have already visited? So, the question is will this apply to apps as well?
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mushimushi

Activity: 55

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:59:56 AM

I’ve read that this project will be using PWA. What is Progressive Web Application? and What is the advantage of using it than our traditional app today?

According to the whitepaper, PWA can work online and offline and can be fully functional. Does it mean that even if you don’t have internet access, you can use Yappadappadoo?

Most websites today are limited with internet connectivity. Without internet, the website won’t display anything. PWA is a new concept now in web app development. This concept has offline capabilities with improved speed and performance. This will allow users to have access to the pages have already visited.

I like the idea of offline capabilities. Because it won't cause any internet data or bandwidth. But What about the pages who have not visited yet? Will it display also the page? If it will not display the page then PWA has no difference in our normal web app today.
So, basically, the offline capabilities meant access to pages you have already visited? I think it was extremely helpful with trivago since hotel stays sometimes involves planning. This might be helpful to an online gamer who frequently look for the latest games to install but does research before installing a new one.
I think if you haven't visited the page, it won't be accessible. I think PWA works like automatically saving a page if visited and saving an app if you chose to select to save it on your home screen or something, though not sure how that actually will work for this one.
So, initially, I would have to visit the page for the page to be saved, and in any case, the only pages that would be accessible are those pages that I have already visited? So, the question is will this apply to apps as well?
For the app to be at its best, you have to be online, I think. They mention that you can spontaneously try apps and quickly buy them as well. For the spontaneously try, if it apps can be tried out offline, then that might initially consume data upon installation.
tokeisou

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:29:07 AM

The name can be related easily with the scooby doo cartoons, also Sydney Ifergan is an advisor for lots of ICOs, not sure if that is good or bad but I've seen him in a ton of places, he also runs a crypto blog.
Indeed! The name is somewhat derived from that cartoon show. It's very funny and very catchy since many people are already familiar with it. It's a good brand name for me.
Ye it is relatable and yes it is very catchy but it I believe it is too long? The actual title of the cartoon is just scooby doo and scoobidoobidoo is just a tagline which he says. Easy to remember but need to exert effort to type Cheesy
OlympusMons

Activity: 60

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:59:06 AM

For the app to be at its best, you have to be online, I think. They mention that you can spontaneously try apps and quickly buy them as well. For the spontaneously try, if it apps can be tried out offline, then that might initially consume data upon installation.
What I'm more concerned about is the memory it might consume. For mobile users, what will be the minimum system requirements? I might have to switch from a 64 GB phone to 128 GB one. If it would be worth it, why not?
amir.malik

Activity: 55

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:29:17 AM

If offline feature is good for tivago as you said, i firmly disagree with it. Trivago works online, moves in seconds and you cannot check anything in Tivago like availabilities of rooms and hotels in a certain country without internet connections since availabilities change in seconds. You would be able to see updates offline, you cannot send email and ask questions offline.
What's the point of PWA? If trivago is using PWA, was it beneficial? Is the offline feature good for trivago and will it be good for other apps and platforms as well?
Quote from: WP
Trivago saw an increase of 150% for people who add its PWA to the home screen. Increased engagement led to a 97% increase in clickouts to hotel offers. Users who go offline while browsing can continue to access the site and 67% continue to browse the site when they comeback online.
The actual app may need to be online for its actual purpose, but users still have access even after going offline which results in increase in engagement. The offline feature is good for people who are in the planning stage and that applies to trips and hotel stays, as well as for online gamer, planning.
PWA helped in the trivago platform in engaging customers through offline access. Will that scenario be applicable to this platform? For existing platforms, it seems to have helped on increasing customer retention and re engagement.
Umamisnack

Activity: 60

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:59:28 AM

Offline capabilities mean it can be accessed even if there's no internet connection. The saved cache when it was being accessed for the first time will serve as the "service workers". The application has the full functionality even it is not connected to the internet.
You got it right, it has service workers that will do the necessary action to make it available offline...
Im just thinking maybe it works also for the million online gamer's around world that they can connect together somehow even without the use of internet, this thing is need to develop for million user of gaming apps...
Online games will stay as online games, there is no way around that. Without internet that might be LAN gaming. I think offline games would stay offline and as native apps, with online syncing capabilities since that's the norm.
nkrypt

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:28:50 AM

Offline capabilities mean it can be accessed even if there's no internet connection. The saved cache when it was being accessed for the first time will serve as the "service workers". The application has the full functionality even it is not connected to the internet.
You got it right, it has service workers that will do the necessary action to make it available offline...
Im just thinking maybe it works also for the million online gamer's around world that they can connect together somehow even without the use of internet, this thing is need to develop for million user of gaming apps...
Online games will stay as online games, there is no way around that. Without internet that might be LAN gaming. I think offline games would stay offline and as native apps, with online syncing capabilities since that's the norm.
That is a very great idea, an online game with offline capabilities and works like with hybrid features. Though I think the connection without the use of internet is quite impossible.
ConquerGold

Activity: 99

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:00:18 AM

That is a very great idea, an online game with offline capabilities and works like with hybrid features. Though I think the connection without the use of internet is quite impossible.
PWA is hybrid and for now it seems impossible but that's an idea, and with that idea, one can conceptualize a new online game with advance offline features and new ideas for connecting players through PWA games.
GummyAngel

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:30:10 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2018, 07:45:12 AM by GummyAngel

Quote from the whitepaper:
They provide a perfect user-experience similar to native applications, irrespective of device type and operating system.
Perfect user experience with the platform or with all the apps in the platform? If all the apps available in the platform can give perfect user experience then this platform is amazing.
CrimsonSunset

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:59:17 AM

Quote from the whitepaper:
They provide a perfect user-experience similar to native applications, irrespective of device type and operating system.
Perfect user experience with the platform or with all the apps in the platform? If all the apps available in the platform can give perfect user experience then this platform is amazing.
It says similar to native apps, so the performance that it would give us would be comparable to native apps that we are using today that are offline but can be used across any device and operating system.
GoldenRays

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:28:42 AM

Yappadappadoo Store is going to be a PWA store and all the apps inside can work anywhere, from PCs to mobile phones and any operating system as well. It would contain probably all the top apps right now but with PWA capabilities, as well as new apps with all its features provided by the suite.
Shochusan

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:59:29 AM

Yappadappadoo Store is going to be a PWA store and all the apps inside can work anywhere, from PCs to mobile phones and any operating system as well. It would contain probably all the top apps right now but with PWA capabilities, as well as new apps with all its features provided by the suite.
There are very minor differences on the user interface of the same application installed in say, iPhone and android phone. Will developers need to create another version of their app using the suite? or the platform can accommodate both version of the app? Won't it be duplicated then?
scarleth06

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:02:46 AM

But also online games are using apps right so maybe it can manage somehow to use PWA feature of this platform to be able to play games with other players around while offline!? Maybe i just have a wide imagination about this project to come with this impossible thinking...  Undecided
joeljames23

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:32:12 AM

PWA is hybrid and for now it seems impossible but that's an idea, and with that idea, one can conceptualize a new online game with advance offline features and new ideas for connecting players through PWA games.
Yes it quite impossible to achieve this idea without the use of internet connection, all onlines games have their own server that need to connect before you can play to others... What a wild and impossible idea you have, but i guess it's not bad at all for our technology is rapidly growing and changing every single day...
joliepearl06

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:01:33 AM

A platform to offer apps regardless of device and operating system using Progressive Web Apps that does not need any installer nor updates. I think Yappadappadoo is on to something big here.

I have seen a few online services that employs PWA but would love to see how Yappadappadoo intends to bring further innovation in this market.

Off to reading and research for now.

I am also looking forward to how great Yappadappadoo project will be in the future as they revolutionize this Progressive Web Apps (PWA). With the help of Blockchain technology, this will be powerful and big. Imagine an offline application who can have full functionality of a website which is hack free and installation-free.
Ah because of blockchain the apps are hack free and install free, also it comes with download free and no update feature from all of their apps... For me the combination of yappadappadoo and blockchain will have great chance of being a successful apps store that they want, we just need to support this project all the way to be more successful for soon the benifit's is ours..
scarleth06

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:35:40 AM

One of the features of this YAPPADAPPADOO project using Progressive Web Apps (PWA) is that it is a Responsive application. It can fit all gadgets and can adjust to their sizes due to its responsiveness. No problem if it will be accessed via mobile phone, laptop or desktop.
Yes it is and im happy that yappadappadoo are going to change the native way of downloading app in the apps store, because it has multi platform feature that can download or use any app to any phones and tablets unlike what we had before (android and IOS),.. Now we can choose all apps we wanted to any gadets we have, and there's no restrictions anymore...
I'm quite sure that there will still be restrictions one way or the other. But yappadappadoo is currently the best way of managing apps that has the most potential in changing the flow of how our gadgets work.
For sure it has restrictions but not as like from the others apps store, and i forgot the app from yappadappadoo are no need to download... Maybe it has feature or server that when you browse for the apps you can use it directly to your device's and no space requirements needed from it, thats the different coz some apps always eating the space of your phone and tablet...
sonjay22

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:57:50 AM

No download no install and no update because it has a server that will connect to your phone or tablet for us to directly used the apps without downloading it, but when the payment will enter the transactions? I mean how could we say that we bought and owned the apps from yappadappadoo if we cannot download it to our phones and tablets?
Citriney

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:17:21 PM

Indeed, since yappadappadoo has similarities in  between google apps and apple apps were these can be considered  as hybrid things with yappadappadoo each users that will going to apply their apps it has connected into blockchain technology where they can enjoy and avail of how to gain on this things.
Andycalum

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:36:01 PM

So can the users expect new and different specs of the existing apps that will be available on Yappadappadoo? It would be great if something like that were to be guaranteed.
Jadeite

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:35:24 PM

No download no install and no update because it has a server that will connect to your phone or tablet for us to directly used the apps without downloading it, but when the payment will enter the transactions? I mean how could we say that we bought and owned the apps from yappadappadoo if we cannot download it to our phones and tablets?
Good point, but I think the one responsible for confirming whether you have purchased an app is the Blockchain ID that each user has. Still, the idea isn't entirely feasible without the use of internet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: