Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:27:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What payout model do you prefer?
Classic shared block payout model - 100 (42%)
Score based payout model - 62 (26.1%)
Pay per share payout model - 76 (31.9%)
Total Voters: 236

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] BTCMine - ZERO fee mining pool (LP, SSL, JSON API, P2SH)  (Read 171454 times)
SoreGums

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 10:46:00 PM

In the next pool update I will add optional lock for bitcoin address.
I recommend install standalone bitcoin client and create you personal wallet right now.
Please do not use temporary addresses from MtGox or similar services.

Please would you explain what this actually means...

I have the client installed and put in a different address each time before payout, because i can more than anything...

What is this lock gonna do?

cheers Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
twmz

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 10:49:36 PM

The lock is likely going to be like what some other pools have.  It prevents a payout for 24 hours after the payout address is changed.  The idea is that if someone figures out your username/password, they can't change your address and take your money right away. 

It's generally not an option that you can turn off once on (because otherwise the hacker could just turn it off).

It's a good idea, but I don't know how I would know that a hacker had gotten in and changed my address.  It would delay them 24 hours, but doesn't stop them unless a) I can somehow realize that the attack is in progress before the 24 hours is up and b) do something about it.

Was I helpful?  1TwmzX1wBxNF2qtAJRhdKmi2WyLZ5VHRs
WoT, GPG

Bitrated user: ewal.
SoreGums

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 10:53:55 PM

also are you able to drop the username part before the @ symbol on the miners page, as far as I'm aware it is always going to be SoreGums@ for me, so be nice if it just showed the part after the @ as my names are cut off Smiley

thanks
dbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 742

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2011, 10:59:19 PM

The lock is likely going to be like what some other pools have.  It prevents a payout for 24 hours after the payout address is changed.  The idea is that if someone figures out your username/password, they can't change your address and take your money right away. 

It's generally not an option that you can turn off once on (because otherwise the hacker could just turn it off).

It's a good idea, but I don't know how I would know that a hacker had gotten in and changed my address.  It would delay them 24 hours, but doesn't stop them unless a) I can somehow realize that the attack is in progress before the 24 hours is up and b) do something about it.

Nope, this is one time permanent lock (and this lock optional). You do not able change your address in the future.

BTCDig - mining pool (Stratum, VarDiff, DGM, SSL, JSON API)
kiwiasian

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 11:03:38 PM

Is anyone else disappointed with BTCMine's payout?

In what way?

I'm only getting about 1.2 BTC/24 hr Sad Previously on deepbit (maybe about 3 weeks ago) I got 4 BTC/24 hr, but I have sinced moved away since they dropped their PPS payout from 0.0004 to 0.0001. Every other pool doesn't pay as much anymore.

Tradehill referral link, save 10% | http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R12328
www.payb.tc/kiwiasian | 1LHNW1JGMBo2e7rKiiFz7KJPKE57bqCdEC
anisoptera

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 11:11:50 PM

I don't know how I would know that a hacker had gotten in and changed my address.

Perhaps if the website sent an email every time this happened, much like a bank would if you changed your password.

eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 11:13:41 PM

Is anyone else disappointed with BTCMine's payout?

In what way?

I'm only getting about 1.2 BTC/24 hr Sad Previously on deepbit (maybe about 3 weeks ago) I got 4 BTC/24 hr, but I have sinced moved away since they dropped their PPS payout from 0.0004 to 0.0001. Every other pool doesn't pay as much anymore.

Difficulty has gone up significantly in 3 weeks.  Unless your hash rate has increased in line with difficulty, your rewards will always diminish, regardless of which pool you use.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
Horkabork

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 12:03:02 AM

My miners are showing up as being down on the BTC website, but they're all up. Everything is fine, they are hashing away, and I'm not showing any problems in their logs.

Anyone else having this problem?

Me: 15gbWvpLPfbLJZBsL2u5gkBdL3BUXDbTuF
A goat: http://i52.tinypic.com/34pj4v6.jpg
Peao
Legendary

Activity: 1320
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 12:05:03 AM

My miners are showing up as being down on the BTC website, but they're all up. Everything is fine, they are hashing away, and I'm not showing any problems in their logs.

+1

EDIT: It's ok now.
Horkabork

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 12:08:09 AM

+1

Whoops. I didn't realize that BTCmine was getting DDOSed as well as deepbit, slush, and the guild.

Me: 15gbWvpLPfbLJZBsL2u5gkBdL3BUXDbTuF
A goat: http://i52.tinypic.com/34pj4v6.jpg
rezin777

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 12:13:50 AM

+1

Whoops. I didn't realize that BTCmine was getting DDOSed as well as deepbit, slush, and the guild.

I think it was just the website and it didn't affect mining. As far as BTCMine is concerned at least. I hope all the major pools aren't getting DDOSed at once!
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 12:19:24 AM

+1

At least as of right now, no sign of a DDoS hitting BTC Guild.  The host we moved to last night has very beefy DDoS protection in place.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
AtlasONo

Activity: 551

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 12:20:59 AM

Me too at the moment
Veldy

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 12:38:40 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2011, 12:59:41 AM by Veldy

The web server at https://btcmine.com/ is configured incorrectly. The issuer CA bundle is not being sent. This will be a problem for some browsers, but not others. Whoever provided you with the certificate should have provided a CA bundle, and you should configure your web server to send it along with your site's certificate.

I will look on to this. But right now I see problem only in one browser - Firefox 4.

Agreed. 

It has had an update recently and the problem remains suggesting that they either don't know about a rendering defect, or there isn't one [many renders are patched to work with incorrect HTML that worked before on previous versions of browsers ... but nobody wants that to continue forever]. Either way, Firefox is a pretty large percentage of the browser community, even on Linux and Macs (and without looking, I am sure *BSD as well ... after all, the current MacOS is based on the code base of FreeBSD 3.x ... one of their worst releases oddly enough -- the irony!).  There are no doubt ports for many UNIX variants. 

I will install latest version of Firefox 3 on my other Windows 7 mining box [my Wife has her XP laptop locked or I would just the installation there] and see if it is specific to version 4.

If the fix is simple, it would be greatly appreciated.  Otherwise, it really isn't that big of a deal for the time being.  I use Chrome quite often for bitcoin related sites which all open when I launch the browser so that I can get to things fast and that avoids me having to have to do that with my primary browser which is Firefox 4 as that would be quite annoying watching about 6 tabs load at once on startup and a bit more slowly due to add-ins.  Smiley

EDIT:  Just tried with Firefox 3 and the site shows up just fine.  I may just go back to using Firefox 3 on my machine until they get Firefox 4 straightened out (I would suspect adding HTML5 support and improving rendering performance introduced a defect that they have not yet found or fixed).

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
SoreGums

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 12:48:58 AM

Me too at the moment

mine are starting to go green again, the numbers are a bit out though, oh well, maybe it'll sort itself out completely shortly
dbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 742

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2011, 12:49:07 AM

Me too at the moment

It's internal daemon crash, restarted.

BTCDig - mining pool (Stratum, VarDiff, DGM, SSL, JSON API)
Veldy

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 12:57:45 AM

+1

At least as of right now, no sign of a DDoS hitting BTC Guild.  The host we moved to last night has very beefy DDoS protection in place.

I think the new pool, that was just started up a couple of days ago with 0% fees is a victim as well.  I was checking out the site a little while ago and it was either giving me 502 responses or some of the site pages were [potentially it is random whether you get the page or the 502 with any given http request I suppose], so I really couldn't learn much about it [it will be some time before we know if that pool can last anyway].

Why would somebody attack all the pools ... I imagine it isn't just for the fun of it?  Perhaps looking through these forums or elsewhere may identify who might have a vendetta somehow related to pooled mining?  I can't imagine a government of financial institution behind it; not for something the size of the Bitcoin economy anyway.  It seems to me that at least deepbit.net could be hosted in a fairly bullet proof hosting center [it is already in a hosting center, but apparently not bullet proof].  Meaning that the hosting service would be multi-homed and have some software to detect and potentially automatically adapt to stop a DDOS [although more than likely a warning warns the admins who do their work].

BTW .. I am getting random notification that my miners are down, but the stats page shows the hashing rate correctly (although it shows the miners as red) and my miners are working away happily with VERY LOW rejected shares I might add.  So, other than the notifications popping randomly, all is good with BTCMine and my miners and me Smiley

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
TheShoura

Testing

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 01:24:39 AM

Welp, all the pools are getting hit

I decided to hop on BTC mine with 3.4 Ghs... Hopefully it stays up. I'm not watching it like a hawk, like I was last week, I dont have time to this week Sad

If you would like to send me a tip: 1HVGGWGWgHkyh9K8sntkZmXoiopX8Bsvv8

Security: 8452BCD9
ALWAYS gpg ident the person you're about to exchange with!
Veldy

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 01:38:08 AM

The web server at https://btcmine.com/ is configured incorrectly. The issuer CA bundle is not being sent. This will be a problem for some browsers, but not others. Whoever provided you with the certificate should have provided a CA bundle, and you should configure your web server to send it along with your site's certificate.

I will look on to this. But right now I see problem only in one browser - Firefox 4.

Agreed. 

It has had an update recently and the problem remains suggesting that they either don't know about a rendering defect, or there isn't one [many renders are patched to work with incorrect HTML that worked before on previous versions of browsers ... but nobody wants that to continue forever]. Either way, Firefox is a pretty large percentage of the browser community, even on Linux and Macs (and without looking, I am sure *BSD as well ... after all, the current MacOS is based on the code base of FreeBSD 3.x ... one of their worst releases oddly enough -- the irony!).  There are no doubt ports for many UNIX variants. 

I will install latest version of Firefox 3 on my other Windows 7 mining box [my Wife has her XP laptop locked or I would just the installation there] and see if it is specific to version 4.

If the fix is simple, it would be greatly appreciated.  Otherwise, it really isn't that big of a deal for the time being.  I use Chrome quite often for bitcoin related sites which all open when I launch the browser so that I can get to things fast and that avoids me having to have to do that with my primary browser which is Firefox 4 as that would be quite annoying watching about 6 tabs load at once on startup and a bit more slowly due to add-ins.  Smiley

EDIT:  Just tried with Firefox 3 and the site shows up just fine.  I may just go back to using Firefox 3 on my machine until they get Firefox 4 straightened out (I would suspect adding HTML5 support and improving rendering performance introduced a defect that they have not yet found or fixed).

I submitted a support question to Mozilla to take a look at this since it seems completely isolated to their browser and it appears it is having trouble rendering your stylesheet.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/static/cache/css/35c43f474d12.css" type="text/css" charset="utf-8" />

frycicle

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 01:50:17 AM

Never mind.

Buy Newegg Products with Bitcoin with 0% transaction fee! bitcoinredemption.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: