Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:02:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What payout model do you prefer?
Classic shared block payout model - 100 (42%)
Score based payout model - 62 (26.1%)
Pay per share payout model - 76 (31.9%)
Total Voters: 236

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] BTCMine - ZERO fee mining pool (LP, SSL, JSON API, P2SH)  (Read 171454 times)
dbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2011, 10:00:02 PM

I signed up and started mining yesterday.  However the money and payments tabs load absolutely nothing when clicked.  Is this part of the update that still needs completed?  Also I have 0.30847014 unconfirmed, at what point will that be confirmed?  I am used to deepbit where each hour your total is updated..  Just looking for info, the FAQ is pretty sparse.

Edit:  OK, first little bit of BTC was confirmed, which made the Money tab function now (may need a bit of coding attention so new signups are notified when that tab will display information.  Payment tab is still blank but I presume one a payment processes it will also fill in.  As a comment it does seem like having BTC not get confirmed for over 16h seems like a long time.

For get confirmed status block need 120 confirmations (new blocks).
With default bitcoin network  speed block generated once per 10 minute (6 blocks per hour).
So it's about 20 hours for 120 blocks.
Current average network speed 7.14 blocks per hour.

BTCDig - mining pool (Stratum, VarDiff, DGM, SSL, JSON API)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dikidera

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 10:20:53 PM

Dude, mind dropping the 1 hour cache on miner stats? It's annoying. Miner stats should be instantaneous.
anisoptera

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 10:33:58 PM

1) there is reason for this. this limit may be raised up to 50 by request (but only for trusted miners).
2) yep, sorting settings do not stored. btw, you create and delete your miners every day?
3) I don't like grayed or monotone color schemes like macos or facebook, except probably default ubuntu dark scheme Smiley
4) there is reason for this. and you always may create new miner, change sorting and delete any old miner.

1. I'm glad I'm not "trusted" enough to submit shares to your pool. awesome. thanks for the excellent explanation of why this limitation exists (especially since I have to manually add each miner anyway). "There is a reason" is totally an adequate explanation.
2. You say that like it's not a bug. And no. I don't. I don't know what that has to do with anything, though. I can't see all my miners in a sensible order without clicking twice every time I want to see them.
3. The ubuntu dark scheme would be a vast improvement over this. And I hate that scheme too.
4. I'm glad there's a "reason" for this completely nonsensical UI decision. Disregarding how this doesn't actually answer anything, the second half of your answer is demonstrably wrong. I have 25 miners and am not allowed to create a new one, so clearly you can't "always" make a new one. The fact that changing the sorting changes which miner I'm not allowed to delete blows my mind. What possible reason could you have for doing that? It at least made some figment of sense to me when it was just the last one that had been created.

I was hoping for much better answers to pretty much all of these questions. Oh well.

rcsheets

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 10:38:04 PM

The web server at https://btcmine.com/ is configured incorrectly. The issuer CA bundle is not being sent. This will be a problem for some browsers, but not others. Whoever provided you with the certificate should have provided a CA bundle, and you should configure your web server to send it along with your site's certificate.
Veldy

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 11:54:39 PM

How long does it take for the personal stats to get updated after a block is solved?  I have watched two blocks solved in the last bit and my stats have not updated ... well, now they have.   Is there an hour delay?  Why a delay on stats?  I am also seeing a similar delay on block confirmations [after 120 confirmations] until the earnings move from unconfirmed to confirmed.

Is there a reason for these delays?  It doesn't seem like the database work required for the pool would be very large such that there need to be any delay at all?  That goes for just about any common database [I assume open source or free to use like MySQL or Postgres].

Is there anyway to fix this to remove the delay?

Thank you in advance.

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
dbitcoin (OP)

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2011, 12:49:58 AM

Dude, mind dropping the 1 hour cache on miner stats? It's annoying. Miner stats should be instantaneous.

There is no 1 hour cache timeout. I setup 30 minutes during database migration.
Right now this adjusted to 5 minutes for API, and 10 minutes for web access.

dbitcoin (OP)

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2011, 12:51:59 AM

The web server at https://btcmine.com/ is configured incorrectly. The issuer CA bundle is not being sent. This will be a problem for some browsers, but not others. Whoever provided you with the certificate should have provided a CA bundle, and you should configure your web server to send it along with your site's certificate.

I will look on to this. But right now I see problem only in one browser - Firefox 4.

kgo

Activity: 548

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 01:09:53 AM

Did littleshop quit, or did he fall off the top miners list?  Either way, it's a sad day in BTCMine history.
dbitcoin (OP)

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2011, 01:12:51 AM

1) there is reason for this. this limit may be raised up to 50 by request (but only for trusted miners).
2) yep, sorting settings do not stored. btw, you create and delete your miners every day?
3) I don't like grayed or monotone color schemes like macos or facebook, except probably default ubuntu dark scheme Smiley
4) there is reason for this. and you always may create new miner, change sorting and delete any old miner.

1. I'm glad I'm not "trusted" enough to submit shares to your pool. awesome. thanks for the excellent explanation of why this limitation exists (especially since I have to manually add each miner anyway). "There is a reason" is totally an adequate explanation.
2. You say that like it's not a bug. And no. I don't. I don't know what that has to do with anything, though. I can't see all my miners in a sensible order without clicking twice every time I want to see them.
3. The ubuntu dark scheme would be a vast improvement over this. And I hate that scheme too.
4. I'm glad there's a "reason" for this completely nonsensical UI decision. Disregarding how this doesn't actually answer anything, the second half of your answer is demonstrably wrong. I have 25 miners and am not allowed to create a new one, so clearly you can't "always" make a new one. The fact that changing the sorting changes which miner I'm not allowed to delete blows my mind. What possible reason could you have for doing that? It at least made some figment of sense to me when it was just the last one that had been created.

I was hoping for much better answers to pretty much all of these questions. Oh well.
1) It's a for security purposes, I do not want clear pool database every day from fake accounts with thousands miners workers or crash my db server when stats updating process got this shit.  
    Miner limit may be raised very easy, but no one ask for this.
2) it's not a bug. I simple do not store this setting (as millions websites in the world).
3) I don't see 25 miners on your account (because probably even don't know your account name). User with name anisoptera, have only one miner.
    Why complain here? Probably I'm telepathic man?  Simple use support form, use email.
4) It's just current realization. I'm replace this soon, and you will be able delete all your miners (if you wish).

This is one man project.  I simple do not have time and resources for create 'ideal' pool in one second.

dbitcoin (OP)

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2011, 01:16:04 AM

Did littleshop quit, or did he fall off the top miners list?  Either way, it's a sad day in BTCMine history.

Nope it's here. Just out of the top list (with 1000Mhash/s).
I probably add second toplist soon. Top block miners (or something) Smiley

dbitcoin (OP)

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2011, 01:33:11 AM

How long does it take for the personal stats to get updated after a block is solved?  I have watched two blocks solved in the last bit and my stats have not updated ... well, now they have.   Is there an hour delay?  Why a delay on stats?  I am also seeing a similar delay on block confirmations [after 120 confirmations] until the earnings move from unconfirmed to confirmed.

Is there a reason for these delays?  It doesn't seem like the database work required for the pool would be very large such that there need to be any delay at all?  That goes for just about any common database [I assume open source or free to use like MySQL or Postgres].

Is there anyway to fix this to remove the delay?

Thank you in advance.

Right now I use 15 minutes timeout for user stats update + not synchronized page caching.
I'm able set lower page caching timeout, but this dangerous, because some miners want refresh it every second Smiley
Some db optimization for stats update is possible, but not so much. Because users need a nice stats.
There is plenty of "dead accounts" created every day: CPU miners for couple a hours, dudes why not able configure miner and spam accounts.
Stats never be instant, due page caching and time needed for stats update.
Unfortunately I'm do not able use fast and expensive servers.

p.s. btw, I do not understand why all need INSTANT stats... Just spend your time for something more useful, than hit F5 every second Smiley

dbitcoin (OP)

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2011, 05:47:47 AM

Please do not use Ufasoft miner v0.11, use 0.10 version instead (you may download it here).

Horkabork

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 08:41:34 PM

Dbitcoin, after trying several pools before yours, I just wanted to say that I greatly appreciate some of the features that make your pool unique. The email notification feature, used in conjunction with gmail auto-forward filters, means that I'll get a text message on my phone when a miner is down.

On other pools, I was using my own program to do this based on my JSON token, but that didn't help me when the computer that was down was the one in charge of notifying me, or if my internet connection went kaput. That kind of thing really needs to be off-site to be effective, and I appreciate that.

Me: 15gbWvpLPfbLJZBsL2u5gkBdL3BUXDbTuF
A goat: http://i52.tinypic.com/34pj4v6.jpg
dbitcoin (OP)

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2011, 11:07:03 PM

Dbitcoin, after trying several pools before yours, I just wanted to say that I greatly appreciate some of the features that make your pool unique. The email notification feature, used in conjunction with gmail auto-forward filters, means that I'll get a text message on my phone when a miner is down.

On other pools, I was using my own program to do this based on my JSON token, but that didn't help me when the computer that was down was the one in charge of notifying me, or if my internet connection went kaput. That kind of thing really needs to be off-site to be effective, and I appreciate that.
Thanks Smiley
When I add email notification, I thinking mostly about redirection to phone/smartphone/pad/pda.
I use similar feature about seven years on my servers (redirect notification email from external monitoring to SMS).

kiwiasian

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 04:34:22 PM

Is anyone else disappointed with BTCMine's payout?

Tradehill referral link, save 10% | http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R12328
www.payb.tc/kiwiasian | 1LHNW1JGMBo2e7rKiiFz7KJPKE57bqCdEC
EpicBacon

Activity: 94

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 04:49:41 PM

NOPE.avi
http://youtu.be/gvdf5n-zI14
twmz

Activity: 737

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 04:50:01 PM

In what way?

Was I helpful?  1TwmzX1wBxNF2qtAJRhdKmi2WyLZ5VHRs
WoT, GPG

Bitrated user: ewal.
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 04:51:40 PM

No. It's about what I'd expect. I'm actually getting (very) slightly more than I'm used to with Slush's pool, but the (voluntary) fee I'm paying is half as much.

This space intentionally left blank.
dbitcoin (OP)

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2011, 05:07:47 PM

Minimal payment increased to 0.1BTC.
This minimize useless small transactions and pool losses on possible transactions fees.

dbitcoin (OP)

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2011, 10:17:41 PM

In the next pool update I will add optional lock for bitcoin address.
I recommend install standalone bitcoin client and create you personal wallet right now.
Please do not use temporary addresses from MtGox or similar services.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: