Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:07:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 [467] 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 08:03:04 AM

I'd rather have NEM Cheesy

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goodhappy

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:12:12 AM

Iinterpretation not now, but when he gets out at least in beta
or better yet, when he will win the unborn now etherum.
We believe it
 Smiley
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:18:32 AM

2) long term/high impact marketing(this is what ethereum is doing):

Besides that, one of the most important things we could do for NEM in the long term is find one or more persons which should be "the faces" of NEM at conferences, interviews, and do what Vitalik Butering does for Etherium, capturing the imagination of technical people and intelligentsia by kindling intelligent discussions and intellectual experiments regarding how NEM works, what we can and could do with it, what problems of previous coins we solve, etc. This is the highest point we need to target, which if we do correctly, will overflow and bring news about NEM into all other sub-layers of society.

I guess it has to come from the core team. One needs to be technically savvy too as often this person will need to defend the design as a good crypto worthy of use AND cause.

What would you say makoto1337?  Grin

I would say that UP would be a great public face for NEM in a similar way to Satoshi Nakamoto being the public face of BTC.

Sounds great! LOL  Cool
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 08:23:12 AM

Indeed it would be important to plant a NEM seed in at least two Universities: MIT and Standford. However we should not only give NEM for free, but go one step further and organize some creative events to attract the great minds/entrepreneurs/developers/hackers. One such event would be a hackathon for building the best app upon our blockchain, another could be an event where people should come up with the most innovative business ideas to incorporate NEM. A lot more can be done - you name it. If we manage to plant some NEM clubs in these Universities I think we could also kindle an interesting and intelligent discussion regarding our technological innovation, regarding our economic innovation(equality experiment) and regarding our social innovation(the NEM movement).

+1000!
Great idea you've got there. Wouldn't be too hard to implement,(hardest part I guess would be getting a college's approval?) maybe we could even let the community vote for the best app through NEM client!

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
mrvegad

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:44:36 AM

500!

rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 09:30:03 AM

Besides that, one of the most important things we could do for NEM in the long term is find one or more persons which should be "the faces" of NEM at conferences, interviews, and do what Vitalik Butering does for Etherium, capturing the imagination of technical people and intelligentsia by kindling intelligent discussions and intellectual experiments regarding how NEM works, what we can and could do with it, what problems of previous coins we solve, etc. This is the highest point we need to target, which if we do correctly, will overflow and bring news about NEM into all other sub-layers of society.

I guess it has to come from the core team. One needs to be technically savvy too as often this person will need to defend the design as a good crypto worthy of use AND cause.

I would say that UP would be a great public face for NEM in a similar way to Satoshi Nakamoto being the public face of BTC.

Although he (or they) contributed a lot to the community, it was said that he also stashed away a big part of the BTC. So, is UP going to do the same?  Smiley
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:31:38 AM

Speaking of Ethereum, can any well educated crypto minds elaborate perhaps on some of the key differences/similarities to NEM? As far as my research has led me, I'm quite comfortable saying NEM will be the best Bitcoin 2.0ish platform when it launches next to NXT and perhaps Ripple (though a different beast from a political standpoint). If I read correctly, Ether is going to be PoW still?, obviously a difference there, but what about what it does and doesn't do with Bitcoin 2.0 that NEM does? Never hurts to evaluate the competition and beat them to punch Smiley. It is the other major blip on my radar next to NEM. Certainly the community is very well established as others point out, and as DOGE showed us, that can be everything.

Ethereum community?

I am not sure if the will have a community when everybody figures out that nobody will make any money out of their IPO.
They choose the Mark Zuckerberg way -->  wait till they are big enough and then do the IPO. Fill their pockets, but the price will be cut in a half.

The NXT guys say that there is no feature in Ethereum that NXT can´t do too.
Hopefully UP will state the same.

I was pretty excited about Ehereum at the beginning, but their plans are obvious. No coin has spent such an huge amount of marketing for vaporware.

I believe it is not fair to call it a vaporware until they have proven so that it is indeed a vaporware. I have worked on it a bit and it appears to be chugging along nicely.

Their strong point is the ability to make contracts. But I believe they will have a problem later when the entire block chain is bloated with transactions, contracts and data. Don't know how they are going to solve that.

The other problem that I see is that the transaction costs may be too high when the coin rises in value. Same thing can happen to both Nxt and NEM.

They can provide sophisticated and tailor made user interfaces within the wallet with the use of JS Bindings, something I believe is in the pipeline of NEM as well.

They certainly have a big following in the number of devs working on this and going by this, I do not think it is mere vaporware. One thing's for sure, their "vaporware" claims appear to demonstrate that it is a superset of Nxt and whether they can deliver this superset is another matter. We should see something in August/September.

Ethereum is definitely something we have to watch.

What will be release first Etherum or NEM? If Ethereum is released first then NEM will be less notice and the price of NEM will not grow as fast , We need to be first so NEM get known and be in  a stable top position before Ethereum is released, I might be wrong but what do you think?

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
Fastpow

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:37:17 AM

Although he (or they) contributed a lot to the community, it was said that he also stashed away a big part of the BTC. So, is UP going to do the same?  Smiley

Ofcourse he's (or they) got a lot of BTC, he's believed in his own project from the start and thus started mining in the very beginning ( and thus has a very large amount of BTC now). I wouldn't call that stashing away alot of BTC.

But yes, the developers have 25% of the NEM available to pay their own hours and people that are willing to help the project before/after the launch.
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 09:38:18 AM

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:00:10 AM

i'm undecided,
is it better to buy a stake now ,
Or will there be a massive dump after it hits the exchange

i want in, i just don;t want to pay 20 x more  Huh
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:04:41 AM

i'm undecided,

i want in, i just don;t want to pay 20 x more  Huh

Only time will tell but I expect the initial price - so the price they're dumping from - to be higher. So there is no guarantee the the initial dumping will make the price drop to the levels it's at right now.

Like I said, only time will tell. If it was easy to predict such things, everyone would be a broker Smiley

Btw. there's also going to be an auction before the launch so maybe you can get a better price there.
I promise our auction will not end at xx:55 which confuses half the people  Wink

rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 10:08:55 AM

i'm undecided,

i want in, i just don;t want to pay 20 x more  Huh

Only time will tell but I expect the initial price - so the price they're dumping from - to be higher. So there is no guarantee the the initial dumping will make the price drop to the levels it's at right now.

Like I said, only time will tell. If it was easy to predict such things, everyone would be a broker Smiley

Btw. there's also going to be an auction before the launch so maybe you can get a better price there.
I promise our auction will not end at xx:55 which confuses half the people Smiley

Just remember that if you buy a stake now, you won't get you NEMS on the day of listing but 2 weeks later. So there is no dumping from potentially 1 billion units of holders.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:40:00 AM

10000 posts! nice work Smiley
mlwlxz

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:44:04 AM

500!

LOL, forward 5000 pages!
a grate community!
Great community!

10000 posts   Grin Cheesy Grin

[NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread « 1 2 ... 500 501 »    utopianfuture    10000    230260    Last post Today at 10:44:04 AM
by mlwlxz
Eazic

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:56:26 AM

Looks like Nxt got a huge coverage at PayExpo for next two days

https://twitter.com/nextcoiner

TV cameras, all new audience who probably don't know much crypto, and  contacts with important people

This was expensive trip but probably worth the money as there is no other crypto, not even bitcoin, at payexpo.
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:59:06 AM

Looks like Nxt got a huge coverage at PayExpo for next two days

https://twitter.com/nextcoiner

TV cameras, all new audience who probably don't know much crypto, and  contacts with important people

This was expensive trip but probably worth the money as there is no other crypto, not even bitcoin, at payexpo.

Pictures are interesting https://twitter.com/nextcoiner/media

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Breasal

Activity: 585

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:07:18 AM

QORA could be a good coin I see NXT pattern repeating there with similar issues at early stage.
If Qora leave the scene tomorrow, Qora die off in a month.

Qora is not leaving the scene fyi
Vega

Activity: 739

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:47:37 AM

QORA could be a good coin I see NXT pattern repeating there with similar issues at early stage.

That wasn't his point.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:09:46 PM

That wasn't his point.

Is quora Open source yet ? Is there any information on exactly what it is that is new in their algo ?
No hate - just a question.

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 12:58:13 PM

Indeed it would be important to plant a NEM seed in at least two Universities: MIT and Standford. However we should not only give NEM for free, but go one step further and organize some creative events to attract the great minds/entrepreneurs/developers/hackers. One such event would be a hackathon for building the best app upon our blockchain, another could be an event where people should come up with the most innovative business ideas to incorporate NEM. A lot more can be done - you name it. If we manage to plant some NEM clubs in these Universities I think we could also kindle an interesting and intelligent discussion regarding our technological innovation, regarding our economic innovation(equality experiment) and regarding our social innovation(the NEM movement).

+1000!
Great idea you've got there. Wouldn't be too hard to implement,(hardest part I guess would be getting a college's approval?) maybe we could even let the community vote for the best app through NEM client!

How about not just focusing on the US, but doing this for, say, the first 50 or 100 students to apply at major universities around the world, like MIT, Stanford, CMU, CalTech, Peking University (北京大学), Tokyo University (東京大学), UCL, Oxford, etc.? Just verify that their e-mail address if from there, and give them like 10,000 NEM each.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
Pages: « 1 ... 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 [467] 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: