Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 04:47:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 [466] 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661428 times)
TauMuon

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:47:22 AM

For those on the SWARM list who missed the email, post your opinions of NEM in this thread. Be nice, and informative!

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
Coinsy

Activity: 163

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:20:23 AM

Can someone Explain Like I'm 5 (in depth) how the Proof of Importance forging algorithm will work? What determines a node to be more important to the network than another node?
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 04:35:39 AM

Can someone Explain Like I'm 5 (in depth) how the Proof of Importance forging algorithm will work? What determines a node to be more important to the network than another node?

What makes an actor important in an economy?

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:19:35 AM

NEM Battle Plan

This is another great post!  I agree with everything you are saying.  What you have laid out is a very good road map.  Clearly brainstormed well.  

As far as targeting a tech savy group.  I think we should airdrop NEM on MIT like bitcoin did.  It is a very localized market.  It is the exact demographic that would like it and think it is cool.  If it works out, I say we hit Harvard and Boston University with airdrops.  That would mean we have blanketed three corners of Boston.  

Taking over the world starts one neighbourhood at a time.  When two countries fight, they don't throw bombs randomly over a country.  That is exactly what all other altcoins and bitcoin are doing.  They are dispersing themselves all over the world, a little bit here and a little bit there.  When a general is in charge with strategic knowledge, he pics one beach, one town, one front to attack.  Then when he has it, he goes after another target.  One at a time until the whole country falls, and then the next country.  

Crypto currency is an entirely new concept, and new way of thinking about money.  It is very different than other technologies.  Think back to the introductions of phones or electricity.  Phones weren't just put all over the world one at a time, they were introduced small market by small market.  The same with electricity.  The same with plumbing.  The same with internet.  And so on.  Crypto is just as revolutionary as these and is just as new and strange.  Before people had electricity, they didn't think they needed it.  The same with phones.  The same with internet.  And so the same is with cryto.  The world does not want to just embrace this idea.  It doesn't think it needs it. Actually, they sit around and laugh at us and make jokes. But we can show them.  We can do it one market at a time.    After the first market falls, the second is easier, and the third easier after that.  After a while later markets will beg to be introduced.  

Your points are right on target. I think arguably one of the best strategic places we should "conquer" is Silicon Valley. In some ways Silicon Valley resembles the old Rome. It has gathered an impressive amount of smart and wealthy people who seem to decide the course of the world in matters of innovation.1 Further more I think Universities are of very high strategic importance and certainly fit into long term/high impact marketing and real effect on our movement. To understand the strategic importance, just consider this: "The report on 2011 survey, sponsored by the venture capital firm Sequoia Capital, estimates that 39,900 active companies can trace their roots to Stanford. If these companies collectively formed an independent nation, its estimated economy would be the world’s 10th largest. Extrapolating from survey results, those companies have created an estimated 5.4 million jobs and generate annual world revenues of $2.7 trillion. " - Stanford University's Economic Impact via Innovation and Entrepreneurship2

Indeed it would be important to plant a NEM seed in at least two Universities: MIT and Standford. However we should not only give NEM for free, but go one step further and organize some creative events to attract the great minds/entrepreneurs/developers/hackers. One such event would be a hackathon for building the best app upon our blockchain, another could be an event where people should come up with the most innovative business ideas to incorporate NEM. A lot more can be done - you name it. If we manage to plant some NEM clubs in these Universities I think we could also kindle an interesting and intelligent discussion regarding our technological innovation, regarding our economic innovation(equality experiment) and regarding our social innovation(the NEM movement).

References
1 Here is a brilliant essay expressing why this may be the case.
2 Here is the whole study containing that data.
xtester

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:28:28 AM

Here are some more thoughts I have about strategic moves for NEM future.

NEM Battle Plan

This is another great post!  I agree with everything you are saying.  What you have laid out is a very good road map.  Clearly brainstormed well.  

As far as targeting a tech savy group.  I think we should airdrop NEM on MIT like bitcoin did.  It is a very localized market.  It is the exact demographic that would like it and think it is cool.  If it works out, I say we hit Harvard and Boston University with airdrops.  That would mean we have blanketed three corners of Boston.  

Taking over the world starts one neighbourhood at a time.  When two countries fight, they don't throw bombs randomly over a country.  That is exactly what all other altcoins and bitcoin are doing.  They are dispersing themselves all over the world, a little bit here and a little bit there.  When a general is in charge with strategic knowledge, he pics one beach, one town, one front to attack.  Then when he has it, he goes after another target.  One at a time until the whole country falls, and then the next country.  

Crypto currency is an entirely new concept, and new way of thinking about money.  It is very different than other technologies.  Think back to the introductions of phones or electricity.  Phones weren't just put all over the world one at a time, they were introduced small market by small market.  The same with electricity.  The same with plumbing.  The same with internet.  And so on.  Crypto is just as revolutionary as these and is just as new and strange.  Before people had electricity, they didn't think they needed it.  The same with phones.  The same with internet.  And so the same is with cryto.  The world does not want to just embrace this idea.  It doesn't think it needs it. Actually, they sit around and laugh at us and make jokes. But we can show them.  We can do it one market at a time.    After the first market falls, the second is easier, and the third easier after that.  After a while later markets will beg to be introduced.  

You did not just read the Tzun Tzu art of war did you? ;-)

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win. - Sun Tzu  Cool

xtester

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:38:09 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 07:35:48 AM by xtester

Interesting.

@gimre Here is a guy who builds the future in multiple fields at the same time. http://www.ted.com/talks/elon_musk_the_mind_behind_tesla_spacex_solarcity

Though I think we can excuse him, he's a genius and a billionaire.  Cool

Definitely worth a watch, if for no other reason then for inspiration only.
xtester

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:41:27 AM

Crypto currency is an entirely new concept, and new way of thinking about money.  It is very different than other technologies.  Think back to the introductions of phones or electricity.  Phones weren't just put all over the world one at a time, they were introduced small market by small market.  The same with electricity.  The same with plumbing.  The same with internet.  And so on.  Crypto is just as revolutionary as these and is just as new and strange.  Before people had electricity, they didn't think they needed it.  The same with phones.  The same with internet.  And so the same is with cryto.  The world does not want to just embrace this idea.  It doesn't think it needs it. Actually, they sit around and laugh at us and make jokes. But we can show them.  We can do it one market at a time.    After the first market falls, the second is easier, and the third easier after that.  After a while later markets will beg to be introduced.  

Hahaha, Years and years ago.  Required reading for all strategist in the military. 

Agree. We could hold a worldwide nomination for the first NEM city (or at smaller scale - NEM square) similar to what Google did with fiber cable.

http://www.muniwireless.com/2010/02/20/nominate-your-city-for-google-fiber-project/

Good idea. I think we should create a list of cities we definitely need to "conquer" for NEM and a list of nominations for the first NEM city.
xtester

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:43:43 AM

2) long term/high impact marketing(this is what ethereum is doing):

Besides that, one of the most important things we could do for NEM in the long term is find one or more persons which should be "the faces" of NEM at conferences, interviews, and do what Vitalik Butering does for Etherium, capturing the imagination of technical people and intelligentsia by kindling intelligent discussions and intellectual experiments regarding how NEM works, what we can and could do with it, what problems of previous coins we solve, etc. This is the highest point we need to target, which if we do correctly, will overflow and bring news about NEM into all other sub-layers of society.

I guess it has to come from the core team. One needs to be technically savvy too as often this person will need to defend the design as a good crypto worthy of use AND cause.

What would you say makoto1337?  Grin
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 06:49:06 AM

Hahaha, Years and years ago.  Required reading for all strategist in the military. 

I like 三十六計: http://wengu.tartarie.com/wg/wengu.php?l=36ji

三十六計 is really good. Heard of some of them but never knew they were unsung strategies!
xtester

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:05:18 AM

I disagree Xtester.  A lot of copywright coins did what you described (Mastercoin and others) all for naught. 

personality worshipping often backfires.  I'm reminded how they brought Kevin Spacey to represent Call of Duty

There's little point to it.  Practically no one reads articles or videos for crypto currencies.  People these days have a 5 second attention span. Think of all that money Doge wasted on the Olympics and Nascar and nothing to show for it.

We can agree to disagree. The point is not personality worshiping but rather "capturing the imagination of technical people and intelligentsia by kindling intelligent discussions and intellectual experiments regarding how NEM works, what we can and could do with it, what problems of previous coins we solve, etc. This is the highest point we need to target, which if we do correctly, will overflow and bring news about NEM into all other sub-layers of society."

An equally good idea for doing some of the same things is conquering MIT, Standford and maybe other Universities and do the above mentioned points in a more decentralized fashion. Though I think as we can see empirically, one cannot not underestimate the impact of well prepared talks and strategically chosen conferences to speak at, for marketing purposes.
xtester

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:09:48 AM

I disagree Xtester.  A lot of copywright coins did what you described (Mastercoin and others) all for naught.  
People these days have a 5 second attention span. Think of all that money Doge wasted on the Olympics and Nascar and nothing to show for it.

Do you mean that Doge had nothing to show?
Then I agree in that sense that there is no use to market unless there is something which keeps the "decoyed" people in the "shop (or something)" Smiley

I think Doge, blackcoin and others have a problem of understanding targeted and effective marketing. You don't show something just so people can see it, you do your moves with an expected conversion rate.

As I pointed earlier people thought(and it is partly true) that doge price exploded due to meme based marketing, community, etc, though things turned out to be a bit more complicated than that.(See Wolong PDF)
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 07:10:27 AM

Besides that, one of the most important things we could do for NEM in the long term is find one or more persons which should be "the faces" of NEM at conferences, interviews, and do what Vitalik Butering does for Etherium, capturing the imagination of technical people and intelligentsia by kindling intelligent discussions and intellectual experiments regarding how NEM works, what we can and could do with it, what problems of previous coins we solve, etc. This is the highest point we need to target, which if we do correctly, will overflow and bring news about NEM into all other sub-layers of society.

I guess it has to come from the core team. One needs to be technically savvy too as often this person will need to defend the design as a good crypto worthy of use AND cause.

Speaking of Ethereum, can any well educated crypto minds elaborate perhaps on some of the key differences/similarities to NEM? As far as my research has led me, I'm quite comfortable saying NEM will be the best Bitcoin 2.0ish platform when it launches next to NXT and perhaps Ripple (though a different beast from a political standpoint). If I read correctly, Ether is going to be PoW still?, obviously a difference there, but what about what it does and doesn't do with Bitcoin 2.0 that NEM does? Never hurts to evaluate the competition and beat them to punch Smiley. It is the other major blip on my radar next to NEM. Certainly the community is very well established as others point out, and as DOGE showed us, that can be everything.

Ethereum community?

I am not sure if the will have a community when everybody figures out that nobody will make any money out of their IPO.
They choose the Mark Zuckerberg way -->  wait till they are big enough and then do the IPO. Fill their pockets, but the price will be cut in a half.

The NXT guys say that there is no feature in Ethereum that NXT can´t do too.
Hopefully UP will state the same.

I was pretty excited about Ehereum at the beginning, but their plans are obvious. No coin has spent such an huge amount of marketing for vaporware.

I believe it is not fair to call it a vaporware until they have proven so that it is indeed a vaporware. I have worked on it a bit and it appears to be chugging along nicely.

Their strong point is the ability to make contracts. But I believe they will have a problem later when the entire block chain is bloated with transactions, contracts and data. Don't know how they are going to solve that.

The other problem that I see is that the transaction costs may be too high when the coin rises in value. Same thing can happen to both Nxt and NEM.

They can provide sophisticated and tailor made user interfaces within the wallet with the use of JS Bindings, something I believe is in the pipeline of NEM as well.

They certainly have a big following in the number of devs working on this and going by this, I do not think it is mere vaporware. One thing's for sure, their "vaporware" claims appear to demonstrate that it is a superset of Nxt and whether they can deliver this superset is another matter. We should see something in August/September.

rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 07:31:37 AM

I disagree Xtester.  A lot of copywright coins did what you described (Mastercoin and others) all for naught.  

personality worshipping often backfires.  I'm reminded how they brought Kevin Spacey to represent Call of Duty

There's little point to it.  Practically no one reads articles or videos for crypto currencies.  People these days have a 5 second attention span. Think of all that money Doge wasted on the Olympics and Nascar and nothing to show for it.

If NEM had done some marketing like appearing in coindesk a few times, I am sure there would be 10 times more following than today. I never discovered NEM until 15 days ago - and therefore I missed all the handouts accorded earlier :-( -  because, contrary to your 5 seconds, I hardly spend anytime in Bitcoin Forum, plus,  I don't bother sieving through the threads in Bitcoin forum.  I was led to this site only after someone asked me to look at Nxt and when I did more research, only then I was led to this website.

On the contrary, I found out about Ethereum as early as late last year and early this year through coindesk. Every main developer there has a real name and a face to it. That made a lot of difference as well.

Point I am making is, one doesn't need to project oneself as an icon or a funny character of sort but one has to project that  NEM is a serious player and you have a serious face to it. There are many approaches to marketing. One can be serious, funny, happy or pompous. But the most effective marketing is the ability to mean what you say and say what you mean. In addition, always deliver what you set out to do. And someone has to go out there to say it so that the world knows.

So far there is no visibility on any of the people behind NEM, which is not good if we want to play ball.

Like you said, a 5 second attention span is good enough to capture one's attention and this has to happen somewhere, somehow and most of all, many times of "5 seconds"!
xtester

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:33:54 AM

NEM Battle Plan

Nice post. Can't express how much I agree with the simplicity and ease-of-use point you made. If we want NEM to gain wider adoption from outside the (relatively small) cryptocurrency crowd, the NEM ecosystem categorically needs to be as simple to gain access and use as possible. This is something I've been stressing time and time again since I discovered NEM. Thankfully it seems the client is being built with ease-of-use in mind.

If a new potential Nemster inquisitively follows a few links when (s)he sees NEM mentioned somewhere, if it takes more than a handful of minutes to find out what NEM is, figure out how to obtain NEM coins and use the client then they'll close the tab and completely forget about it.

Some features I think are important in achieving the above goals are listed below:

(A) Easy-to-follow video and text guides. These must be:
  • Friendly, aesthetically pleasing, concise and informative.
  • Available in different languages.
  • Embedded within the client.

(B) Strong, linguistically diverse and supportive communities to help out with technical problems.
  • NEM forum, website, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit et al. Perhaps a moderated live chat within the client made for helping new Nemsters out.

(C) Everything related to NEM must be possible completely within the client.
  • If the entire NEM ecosystem can be accessed and used in the same place it would mean the NEM ecosystem feels like a cohesive product and not a scattering of websites with the NEM logo pasted on them. Any newcomer who has to visit a million different websites will be put off. However, if everything they need to access is within the client, they will feel like they are in control and therefore happy to use NEM. Transactions, messages, asset exchange, block explorer et al.
  • There could be an 'in client' web-browser to access forums/social media websites I mentioned above. The client is going to be browser-based, so I don't see this being much of a problem. Having a tab in the sidebar for social media would be a welcome sight for confused newcomers.

(D) There needs to be a simple, elegant and easy-to-setup solution for merchants to accept NEM as payment.
  • The only way a currency will become widespread and stable is if it can actually be used. Removing the hurdle of difficult implementation for less tech-savvy shop owners will be a huge advantage.

Concerning (A), I am no graphic designer, but I can write out the text for guides/videos once I am familiar with the NEM client. For (B), I am already trying to help Nemsters out on the NEM subreddit, and have written an F.A.Q. thread on the forum to help answer common questions. The entire NEM community should be eager to help out newbies and answer their questions; which I am thankfully seeing a lot of! So kudos to those who do. Unfortunately (C) and (D) are outside my area of expertise; I'm no computer scientist, merely a humble physicist.

TL;DR - appeal to the newbies and NEM will be unstoppable.
Agree, very good points.
xtester

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:41:15 AM

I disagree Xtester.  A lot of copywright coins did what you described (Mastercoin and others) all for naught. 

personality worshipping often backfires.  I'm reminded how they brought Kevin Spacey to represent Call of Duty

There's little point to it.  Practically no one reads articles or videos for crypto currencies.  People these days have a 5 second attention span. Think of all that money Doge wasted on the Olympics and Nascar and nothing to show for it.

If NEM had done some marketing like appearing in coindesk a few times, I am sure there would be 10 times more following than today. I never discovered NEM until 15 days ago - and therefore I missed all the handouts accorded earlier :-( -  because, contrary to your 5 seconds, I hardly spend anytime in Bitcoin Forum, plus,  I don't bother sieving through the threads in Bitcoin forum.  I was led to this site only after someone asked me to look at Nxt and when I did more research, only then I was led to this website.

On the contrary, I found out about Ethereum as early as late last year and early this year through coindesk. Every main developer there has a real name and a face to it. That made a lot of difference as well.

Point I am making is, one doesn't need to project oneself as an icon or a funny character of sort but one has to project that  NEM is a serious player and you have a serious face to it.

So far there is no visibility on any of the people behind NEM, which is not good if we want to play ball.

Like you said, a 5 second attention span is good enough to capture one's attention and this has to happen somewhere, somehow and most of all, many times of "5 seconds"!

I agree. I am working on a post/article to send to a lot of people/news outlets so NEM will hit the news. Hopefully I'll have it ready one week from now.
Simakki

Activity: 697

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 07:45:20 AM

NEM Battle Plan

Nice post. Can't express how much I agree with the simplicity and ease-of-use point you made. If we want NEM to gain wider adoption from outside the (relatively small) cryptocurrency crowd, the NEM ecosystem categorically needs to be as simple to gain access and use as possible. This is something I've been stressing time and time again since I discovered NEM. Thankfully it seems the client is being built with ease-of-use in mind.

If a new potential Nemster inquisitively follows a few links when (s)he sees NEM mentioned somewhere, if it takes more than a handful of minutes to find out what NEM is, figure out how to obtain NEM coins and use the client then they'll close the tab and completely forget about it.

Some features I think are important in achieving the above goals are listed below:

(A) Easy-to-follow video and text guides. These must be:
  • Friendly, aesthetically pleasing, concise and informative.
  • Available in different languages.
  • Embedded within the client.

(B) Strong, linguistically diverse and supportive communities to help out with technical problems.
  • NEM forum, website, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit et al. Perhaps a moderated live chat within the client made for helping new Nemsters out.

(C) Everything related to NEM must be possible completely within the client.
  • If the entire NEM ecosystem can be accessed and used in the same place it would mean the NEM ecosystem feels like a cohesive product and not a scattering of websites with the NEM logo pasted on them. Any newcomer who has to visit a million different websites will be put off. However, if everything they need to access is within the client, they will feel like they are in control and therefore happy to use NEM. Transactions, messages, asset exchange, block explorer et al.
  • There could be an 'in client' web-browser to access forums/social media websites I mentioned above. The client is going to be browser-based, so I don't see this being much of a problem. Having a tab in the sidebar for social media would be a welcome sight for confused newcomers.

(D) There needs to be a simple, elegant and easy-to-setup solution for merchants to accept NEM as payment.
  • The only way a currency will become widespread and stable is if it can actually be used. Removing the hurdle of difficult implementation for less tech-savvy shop owners will be a huge advantage.

Concerning (A), I am no graphic designer, but I can write out the text for guides/videos once I am familiar with the NEM client. For (B), I am already trying to help Nemsters out on the NEM subreddit, and have written an F.A.Q. thread on the forum to help answer common questions. The entire NEM community should be eager to help out newbies and answer their questions; which I am thankfully seeing a lot of! So kudos to those who do. Unfortunately (C) and (D) are outside my area of expertise; I'm no computer scientist, merely a humble physicist.

TL;DR - appeal to the newbies and NEM will be unstoppable.
Agree, very good points.

Good points. I like to add one observation: SEO

It would be good that when you google NEM, the official site should be highlighted and allways first. It should be so easy and simple that your mamma could easily surf to NEM site, without prior knowledge about cryptos.

Not like when i google nxt, first crypto related thing you got is wiki-page and then btt thread.

500 !!

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 07:59:12 AM

What would you say makoto1337?  Grin

I would say that UP would be a great public face for NEM in a similar way to Satoshi Nakamoto being the public face of BTC.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 08:00:10 AM

I like 三十六計: http://wengu.tartarie.com/wg/wengu.php?l=36ji

三十六計 is really good. Heard of some of them but never knew they were unsung strategies!

I hope that everyone doing strategy for NEM will be familiar with them Cheesy

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
thuhyl

Activity: 157

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:00:40 AM

500 pages。
Great community!
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 08:01:34 AM

Speaking of Ethereum, can any well educated crypto minds elaborate perhaps on some of the key differences/similarities to NEM? As far as my research has led me, I'm quite comfortable saying NEM will be the best Bitcoin 2.0ish platform when it launches next to NXT and perhaps Ripple (though a different beast from a political standpoint). If I read correctly, Ether is going to be PoW still?, obviously a difference there, but what about what it does and doesn't do with Bitcoin 2.0 that NEM does? Never hurts to evaluate the competition and beat them to punch Smiley. It is the other major blip on my radar next to NEM. Certainly the community is very well established as others point out, and as DOGE showed us, that can be everything.

Ethereum community?

I am not sure if the will have a community when everybody figures out that nobody will make any money out of their IPO.
They choose the Mark Zuckerberg way -->  wait till they are big enough and then do the IPO. Fill their pockets, but the price will be cut in a half.

The NXT guys say that there is no feature in Ethereum that NXT can´t do too.
Hopefully UP will state the same.

I was pretty excited about Ehereum at the beginning, but their plans are obvious. No coin has spent such an huge amount of marketing for vaporware.

I believe it is not fair to call it a vaporware until they have proven so that it is indeed a vaporware. I have worked on it a bit and it appears to be chugging along nicely.

Their strong point is the ability to make contracts. But I believe they will have a problem later when the entire block chain is bloated with transactions, contracts and data. Don't know how they are going to solve that.

The other problem that I see is that the transaction costs may be too high when the coin rises in value. Same thing can happen to both Nxt and NEM.

They can provide sophisticated and tailor made user interfaces within the wallet with the use of JS Bindings, something I believe is in the pipeline of NEM as well.

They certainly have a big following in the number of devs working on this and going by this, I do not think it is mere vaporware. One thing's for sure, their "vaporware" claims appear to demonstrate that it is a superset of Nxt and whether they can deliver this superset is another matter. We should see something in August/September.

Ethereum is definitely something we have to watch.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Pages: « 1 ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 [466] 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: