Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:24:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
highscore

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:14:33 AM

how many people need for start NEM? and how investors get their NEM?

I am looking roughly at 3000-4000 stake holders for 4 billion NEM. I have a plan for you to get your stake via your user account. You would need to access the user account
you used to reserve a spot and send a PM. Details will be announced in a due course.
ok, 3000-4000 stake holders... That without time limit?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suky321

Activity: 382
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:27:46 AM

Just wondering whether NEM will take into consideration the Ethereum network:

http://www.coindesk.com/ethererum-launches-cryptocurrency-2-0-network/
qingmu1992

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:52:51 AM

how many people need for start NEM? and how investors get their NEM?

I am looking roughly at 3000-4000 stake holders for 4 billion NEM. I have a plan for you to get your stake via your user account. You would need to access the user account
you used to reserve a spot and send a PM. Details will be announced in a due course.
ok, 3000-4000 stake holders... That without time limit?
+1

Let's flower the moon. SbSZ8tAfrF8bU2tsUVDYjJt6mpuFUyWePS
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:02:48 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2014, 02:01:07 PM by utopianfuture

Hi all - here come some answers:

- development stakes will be earmarked for contributions to NEM development following development milestones.

- there will be time limit- it will be clearer abit later

- Ethereum is a completely different animal- a gigantic monster while NEM is just a small litter humble puppy. But we will see.

- Stake holder list is almost done. Everyone can use that to check their space. Stay tuned for a very important update later today or early tomorrow at the latest.

and a quote

- "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi

Up,  

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:16:31 PM

Another note

Maco agreed to help NEM in marketing front. He is great in what he does and here is one of a great Maco's app for NXT

maco app by futureutopian, on Flickr

Please send maco donation following this link for his awesome works https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg4637293#msg4637293

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
gvans

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:04:15 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2014, 04:23:16 PM by gvans

Posted this on then main thread already, but here goes:

Find the png-file here
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18301977/gvans%20nemsketch2.png

This one is just initial sketch. I will further develop this (vectorise, smoothing corners etc) and it should be readable in very small size too even better than now. So feel free to use this already if you find it useful. But there is more finesse to come! I bet having a logo on frontpage will attract more people  Cool

BTC 1Mye3mqB9WQdCj3uFwx6zcRArnzbUiq6Ro  ★ [NXT] NXT-RA49-RXFR-V6WE-97HT9
★ [ORA] LOGO  ★ [NEM] LOGO  ★ [NXT] MONOLITH  ★ [EXO] LOGO  ★ [FIMK] LOGO  ★ [NODE] LOGO
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:47:37 PM

I like this coin mock-up. Could you make it to silver theme and some some kind of curves or detail in the fill because mass block of solid color look dull to me.

Also to all: prepare your version of currency symbol. Logo and currency symbol should go together.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Siegtal81

Activity: 334

Global Trans-Fee Mining Exchange

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:34:59 PM

My feeling tells me that it is what can be great!! would also like to contribute something but my english is not so good and pc skills also rather modest.
But what I can do is to make known NEM.

Greetings and I hope for a lot of dedication

hyunsookmom

Activity: 420

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:07:30 PM

Can I make a few suggestions?

Its not about being selfish but I wouldnt have the IPO going too long or too many members. OK the NXT IPO was unfair on many levels but if you continue on a few things are bound to happen.

1. Dilution, eventually it won't be that exciting to be involved. Here's you cookie.
2. With time people will start making multiple accounts, i'm tempted myself but don't want to if I know the IPO doesn't go crazy and everyone involved will get a nice amount.
3. You can't give the coin to everyone, if you did the IPO for 10 years somone would find out a day after and feel pissed.
4. Without a number of people feeling they have quite a nice amount that makes it worth their time and energy investing in building NEM you won't get the developing zeal NXT gets.

Can I suggest a CAP even if its a big one like 5,000 people, like I said if it becomes too diluted people will make multiple accounts and then whats fair to those who want to play by the rules and only use one legitimate account.

The CAP could also be an amount of NEM roughly per person, say 500,000 or even 1,000,000. Not greedy but enough to make people feel they did well and not feel so bitter they missed out on NXT. If everyone has 50,000-100,000 in their account I would expect very little fanfare and excitment they couldnt get with any other early alt coin.

So to me the fairness is communicating the IPO so people who really want in can rush to come in a few weeks but just not forever to the point you get some random, oh well maybe worth it or scammers making tonnes of accounts. Its clear by the amount of first posters already that this is happening.

This might piss people off but how about have a minimum substatial post count, if they are genuine newbies then 10-20 posts isn't gonna hurt but somone trying to quickly making new accounts has quite a hurdle to set up an account which is pretty easy but making posts is time consuming.I mean if you want fairness and not scammers???

I think fairness if a middle ground between NXT and dillution where no one really benefits...

What do you think?

utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:14:07 PM

Thanks for your thoughtful suggestion. Stay tuned for a big update ahead. Many of your concerns would be  addressed. Also read my earlier posts for my view on multiple account issues.

Up

Can I make a few suggestions?

Its not about being selfish but I wouldnt have the IPO going too long or too many members. OK the NXT IPO was unfair on many levels but if you continue on a few things are bound to happen.

1. Dilution, eventually it won't be that exciting to be involved. Here's you cookie.
2. With time people will start making multiple accounts, i'm tempted myself but don't want to if I know the IPO doesn't go crazy and everyone involved will get a nice amount.
3. You can't give the coin to everyone, if you did the IPO for 10 years somone would find out a day after and feel pissed.
4. Without a number of people feeling they have quite a nice amount that makes it worth their time and energy investing in building NEM you won't get the developing zeal NXT gets.

Can I suggest a CAP even if its a big one like 5,000 people, like I said if it becomes too diluted people will make multiple accounts and then whats fair to those who want to play by the rules and only use one legitimate account.

The CAP could also be an amount of NEM roughly per person, say 500,000 or even 1,000,000. Not greedy but enough to make people feel they did well and not feel so bitter they missed out on NXT. If everyone has 50,000-100,000 in their account I would expect very little fanfare and excitment they couldnt get with any other early alt coin.

So to me the fairness is communicating the IPO so people who really want in can rush to come in a few weeks but just not forever to the point you get some random, oh well maybe worth it or scammers making tonnes of accounts. Its clear by the amount of first posters already that this is happening.

This might piss people off but how about have a minimum substatial post count, if they are genuine newbies then 10-20 posts isn't gonna hurt but somone trying to quickly making new accounts has quite a hurdle to set up an account which is pretty easy but making posts is time consuming.I mean if you want fairness and not scammers???

I think fairness if a middle ground between NXT and dillution where no one really benefits...

What do you think?

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
CrazyEyes

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:19:55 PM

I see that you are about to use the same ports( 7874/7875 ) as for the NXT p2p-network. Not a good idea. You can not have multiple clients (nxt and nem) listening on the same socket. Have you thought this through?

I am a systems engineer by trade.. i can help out if you want too.

Regards
j0b
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:57:31 PM

NEM main page has a huge face-lift. Come check it out https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422129.msg4592223#msg4592223

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
gvans

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:04:32 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 12:28:20 AM by gvans

So NEM wants to see itself as a mere coin Roll Eyes Well fine with me, it's no envy movement after all Wink

But I would rather see the image of NEM something else than a coin. Coin is Bitcoin, Coin is early 2010's. The image of a coin may right now appeal for the few adventurous tech-minded people who read bitcoinforums and have that "coin" set of mind. But for the masses, average facebookers and instagrammers we need something fun and cool to relate to. NEM is movement. NEM should have an easily recognisable logo/symbol that stands out from the jungle of all the alt coins. NEM is a brand we have to sell for the masses and it has to stand out with a fresh look. Just my 0.02 NEM Smiley

★ [ORA] LOGO  ★ [NEM] LOGO  ★ [NXT] MONOLITH  ★ [EXO] LOGO  ★ [FIMK] LOGO  ★ [NODE] LOGO
okaynow

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:06:01 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 03:40:39 AM by okaynow

oh man thanks for this!!!

i also worked with these, a currency symbol, and variations of the first one i posted.

1PeecNu1J8VNKpgR13nasMZWLcMZrwNJfc
nottrulyevil

Activity: 89

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:16:44 AM

NEM main page has a huge face-lift. Come check it out https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422129.msg4592223#msg4592223

Looks great Smiley And I love that you're answering the popular questions in the front page.

Do you/the dev team have a date or specific number of stakeholders to reach before "starting" the coin? And if so which date/number is it? Smiley

►  NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT  ◄ 
  Fairly distributed
gvans

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:30:52 AM

Looks great Smiley And I love that you're answering the popular questions in the front page.

Do you/the dev team have a date or specific number of stakeholders to reach before "starting" the coin? And if so which date/number is it? Smiley

Noooo it's not a coin!  Grin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.msg4719599#msg4719599

BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:55:17 AM

i also worked with these, a currency symbol, and variations of the first one i posted.

Looks great.
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:56:48 AM

Looks great.

These look excellent! super professional.
standards

Activity: 560
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:48:35 AM

NEM seems promising and new also.
I'd like to join. Now it is too late for BTC, a little bit late for Nxt, but NEM is a new baby Cheesy
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 03:15:27 AM

Noooo it's not a coin!  Grin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.msg4719599#msg4719599

But ... I already bought several nemcoin domains. I checked nem domain but they are not available so I went with nemcoin. It is okie though, I don't think it matters much.
We can be a system and also a coin. No envy movement coin. Sound cool enough to me.

@okaynow it looks just great. I am very happy. All NEMers are happy too Smiley

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: