Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:41:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661420 times)
mercenar1e

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:04:16 PM

Utopian when the coin is released how do you plan on communicating with the huge list of investors?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinWar

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:06:30 PM

I'm glad the question of anonymity and multi accounts is raised here.

If not, I see serious problems with the egalitarian initial distribution.

I personally would like to have the requirements rather strict. Providing telefone numbers or ID scans.

However it is handeled. The stricter the better.

Whoever is not okay with having himself scrutinized. Too bad, no free money for you.

What a brilliant idea!  Grin  I second the motion.  We should definitely have everyone's id and credentials inspected.

Now Mr. Obvious, Why don't you start us off by giving us your Facebook ID, telefone number and ID scans, so all of us can scrutinize you thoroughly to see if you're a scammer? Please note that failure to have yourself scrutinized will cast serious suspicion on yourself and possibly be denied free money as well. So, be warned!

LOL
Xpedite

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

DRAMA: Dumb Retards Asking More Attention

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:09:51 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 01:44:12 PM by Xpedite

@ mercenar1e: He informed earlier that it would be through bitcointalk pm.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:17:30 PM

I personally would like to have the requirements rather strict. Providing telefone numbers or ID scans.

Whoever is not okay with having himself scrutinized. Too bad, no free money for you.

What a brilliant idea!  Grin  I second the motion.  We should definitely have everyone's id and credentials inspected.

Now Mr. Obvious, Why don't you start us off by giving us your Facebook ID, telefone number and ID scans, so all of us can scrutinize you thoroughly to see if you're a scammer? Please note that failure to have yourself scrutinized will cast serious suspicion on yourself and possibly be denied free money as well. So, be warned!

LOL

Holy cow your posts are annoying. What's with the bold, color and huge size ?

Victorius

Activity: 73

...math, you can trust math.

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:18:22 PM

this is just crazy, so we people sending real money will be giving out ID scans to completely anonymous people promising non existing NEM. LOL
ID scans have been and are often used for scams, like taking loans on other peoples names. I would never send my ID, thats why Im not on MtGox.
Only precious thing about crypto is anonymity...

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
Sportfreund1488

Activity: 83

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:29:07 PM

Are there any other issues?

How about a display / advertising on coinmarketcap.com?

So we quickly get new shareholders

From me no one gets my ID or passport or anything else that that's clear!
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:34:02 PM

I also am a nembie, i mean uh newbie... Grin  I also dislike using social networks like facebook as a verifier.  There must be some other way.
Could there be any way to audit of accounts, or somehow do an action through the forums that would feret out any whales among the stake holders?  Perhaps offer a bounty for an account audit and someone could do it.  By this I imagine looking through all stakeholder accounts and check transactions a few layers down.  Sounds like a lot of work, and I have no envy if a few people have 10 stakes more than me.  500 to one of course would spoil the whole thing for everyone.
Have a set of preannounced times, well in advance. You need to send a PM from the registered acct at exactly that time +/- few seconds. Only 1 PM per IP address.

Max possible sockpuppets will equal the number of preannounced times - 1

If you are sharing IP address with someone, you would need to PM at different preannounced time.

Not perfect, but even a sockpuppet master (like you know who), would have a hard time arranging multiple IP addresses and coordinated simultaneous PM's

Probably a horrible mess on the receiving end, but it would remove a lot of doubt as to whether there are indeed thousands of unique NEM stakeholders.

James

sounds reasonably working. Was this already decided? ( skipped some pages : )

wunderbaro

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:35:46 PM

All the coins distributed in thousands of investors instead of a a few, its just a very good idea.
I will buy a lot of coin after it will start. Cheesy
Secondleo

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:36:17 PM

this is just crazy, so we people sending real money will be giving out ID scans to completely anonymous people promising non existing NEM. LOL
ID scans have been and are often used for scams, like taking loans on other peoples names. I would never send my ID, thats why Im not on MtGox.

Suspicion is raised the moment an idea like the one mentioned is attacked so ferociously instead of working it out and thinking about a way to make it work without posting the information all over the internet.

There are developers. Those are the guys that will distribute the coins once time comes. Sending ID Data to them, contacting them via skype. There are a lot of options.

NXTs biggest point of criticism is, that the distribution was so very bad.

Handing out the coins without further inspection will just lead to the same results again. Someone will have a lot more than others.

You could also go for only seeing accounts of a certain age and activity as legit.

But I'm sure in that case there won't be many people in here left.

Yes, cryptos are about anonymity. They are also the wild scamming west.
patmast3r

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:40:28 PM

Suspicion is raised the moment an idea like the one mentioned is attacked so ferociously instead of working it out and thinking about a way to make it work without posting the information all over the internet.

There are developers. Those are the guys that will distribute the coins once time comes. Sending ID Data to them, contacting them via skype. There are a lot of options.

Handing out the coins without further inspection will just lead to the same results again. Someone will have a lot more than others.

You could also go for only seeing accounts of a certain age and activity as legit.

Cryptos are not about anonymity. Most coins out there are NOT anonymous. This is a myth that seems to be immortal.
However someone being able to trace my payments back to my real name and someone wanting my ID are 2 very different things.

I don't think sockpupets are a very big problem and therefore any counter meassure that requires a lot of time is a waste of said time.
If we put that time into promotion and such we'd do a lot better.

CoinWar

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:45:26 PM

Holy cow your posts are annoying. What's with the bold, color and huge size ?

To emphasize the ridiculousness and hilarity of the proposals in this thread of course..  Wink I'm just curious how low these people can get.  Cheesy Pathetic.. Pathetic is what it is... LOL  Grin

So this guy, SockPuppet master made an obvious misstep. And mind you, he resorted not to correct his mistake and decided not to delete his post but rather, announcing to the world he's unfairly competing in the NEM world by accumulating stakes.  And suddenly, a horde of people lambast the fairness of the project and wanted to close the fundraising/registration??

Grin

I have come to the conclusion that detractors of this project are either the following:

1. Intensely selfish and jealous of others. They simply don't want any new guy to dilute their shares.
2. Major stakeholders of the NEXTCoin project.

Seriously, I cannot stop laughing!  Grin
Secondleo

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:52:47 PM

Cryptos are not about anonymity. Most coins out there are NOT anonymous. This is a myth that seems to be immortal.
However someone being able to trace my payments back to my real name and someone wanting my ID are 2 very different things.

I don't think sockpupets are a very big problem and therefore any counter meassure that requires a lot of time is a waste of said time.

Look at the fresh accounts with minimal activity in this thread and the last and judge for yourself.

The idea of having a timed messages seems to be very appealing though, as I can't see any direct angle of attack on that. Except people not getting the message, but too bad. It is a little price to pay.
It's a reasonable amount of work with somewhat okay results. Not everyone having a claim on NEM will get them and not every sockpuppet will be filtered out. The solution is thus not optimal, but should encounter the least resistance.
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:57:40 PM

Look at the fresh accounts with minimal activity in this thread and the last and judge for yourself.

The idea of having a timed messages seems to be very appealing though, as I can't see any direct angle of attack on that. Except people not getting the message, but too bad. It is a little price to pay.
It's a reasonable amount of work with somewhat okay results. Not everyone having a claim on NEM will get them and not every sockpuppet will be filtered out. The solution is thus not optimal, but should encounter the least resistance.

Well if you worry about fresh accounts, you better stop looking at the registration page because the number of them will explode when our direct advertisement on Reddit comes online in 2 days.  

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
hi there

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:03:15 PM

There are lots of people who do not have bitcointalk accounts. If you go advertising to popular conspiracy forums as I have it stands that you are going to get new registrations from these people looking to get a stake. Limiting stakes to existing older accounts means you're only attracting people who already know about crypto currencies, and not potentially new people.

I understand the concern of sock puppet accounts, but this is really something the forum management could manage if they wanted... or if there's that much concern make people register to a different forum that is controlled by the coin's management and require that people have one IP address per registration, and if it's found their IP address is constantly changing all the time within the same account, they lose their stake. Likewise if they register multiple accounts with one IP address, they lose their stake. Smiley  That would be fair.  Most people's IP addresses don't change frequently.. mine will only change if I clone my MAC address on my router to something else.

Victorius

Activity: 73

...math, you can trust math.

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:06:47 PM

Im well aware that Im under suspicion, I have no BTT history and I made account on BTT only beacuse I heard of NEM. But I totally dont care, because I sent money to utopianfuture and that way I made a deal. I accepted conditions of SOCIAL CONTRACT which is the first post in this threat. I have nothing to fear, but you guys.

You really seem to not be able to grasp tha fact, that making multiple accounts and buy multiple times is allowed. Whats wrong with you? It is part of that social contract. And now you come here saying things like, give us ID or you wont get NEM.

You are turning it in SCAM. Your ideas are actually more dangerous to NEM than hoarders. Can you imagine how angry those people will be when they wont get their 5 or 10 stakes they paid for, based on the fact that buying multiple stakes is ALLOWED. They will be swarming against NEM, You promised them something and then you change it, that is not how "fair" is done.

And really how rational it is to persecuate people with multiple buyins, knowing that any rich person ...any Nxt stakeholder will have no problem to buy millions of NEM from exchange or other stakeholders after NEM is released. What you gonna do with it?

Will there be some central planning? Will you forbid reach people to buy 10 percent of NEM when price will go down?
I just dont see any point in what you guys are trying to do.

And you can think Im sockpuppet scammer guy with bad english, but my points are valid.

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
patmast3r

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:11:10 PM

I hate the idea of only having a minimal time of replying to the pm. Some of us have jobs ffs.
I can't look here or at my emals every few minutes...that's insane. It's not a viable method of verifiying accounts.

If something like this is really being done I will make it my lifes mission to comment negatively everywhere on the distrubution of NEM and I will make sure that it is known that many stakeholders appear to be envy as hell.

Fortunately the people that actually call the shots on the distribution seem to be sane.

However if most of the stakeholders are as envy as many people here seem to be NEM is going to go nowhere. We need stakeholders that are willing to giveaway part of their NEMs for bounties and such.  

Hauberg81

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:36:33 PM

I'm posting from 25 february to 20 march I'm on vacation and take there no mobile phone with!
cryptonikus

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:38:30 PM

I see, people angry about NEM distribution are only people very active in NXT community.
Persumably NXT stakeholders or people who bought in early, so I guess you would like to share your accumulated NXT with us,
seeing how strongly is sentiment for egalitarian principles rooted in you.  Tongue

Not sure about exact time of PM, I work 13 hours a day and everyone is from different timezone, seems to me a bit complicated.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
patmast3r

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:40:06 PM

I see, people angry about NEM distribution are only people very active in NXT community.
Persumably NXT stakeholders or people who bought in early, so I guess you would like to share your accumulated NXT with us,
seeing how strongly is sentiment for egalitarian principles rooted in you.  Tongue

Not sure about exact time of PM, I work 13 hours a day and everyone is from different timezone, seems to me a bit complicated.

Totally...hadn't even thought of the timezones. Even if you find enough people...It's just a stupid idea...sorry.

SZZT

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:19:50 PM

Ask yourself, who stands to gain the most if NEM fails? Wink

Just for the record, I'd like to be known to be the one who coined the term "Coin War."
Ah.. nope, you did not. Google is your friend.

And please everyone..
Can we get passed the unfairness debate? Who ever finds it unfair can go ahead and claim more.
Whoever disagrees with that should have a better reason other than "they are noobz"

1HceYnNAUv5zBjJUhEncmmvxU1C7yjWoX8
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: