Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:30:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast BabyJet users thread  (Read 68940 times)
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:46:58 PM

Does anyone else get spurts on the unit where it jumps to like 800? By jump to 800 I mean its not the doubling effect it starts at 400 and ill see it go 500 then 600 and 700 and then touch 800

Yip. Just saw mine at 1.3TB in fact. I figured it's just lucky streaks, because I also see 200gh/s every now and again. It's the average that counts.

yes its the average. So anyone do any Overclocking and get good results. Most people seem to be doing 600ish and getting a stable 420-340ghash.

Has anyone tried to extreme overclock it like 900 and see what they can get?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:09:22 PM

Someone on here reported trying 670 and said it was working great only to amend it later saying that 670 was way to high.
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:29:18 PM

Someone on here reported trying 670 and said it was working great only to amend it later saying that 670 was way to high.

thats to bad. Would really like to see someone who's warrenty is gone try to overclock it and see what they can get.

Fyi hashfast did promise that we would be able to overclock it to 500
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:41:24 PM

thats to bad. Would really like to see someone who's warrenty is gone try to overclock it and see what they can get.

Promises and reality aren't always the same.
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:09:46 PM

Promises and reality aren't always the same.

agreed, ill add it to the list of lies.

I would like tosee someone clock it up tho to like 1ghz. I mean some of the other chips are running that fast. Worst case is it overheats and from what I have heard so far overdog or what ever will turn the unit off so it cant break itself
DoogieHouser

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

Bitcoin Enthusiast

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:08:12 PM

Yeah, sure Phil. the SD card that came with my BabyJet isn't big enough to hold the image.

Please send me an SD card that is big enough to hold the new HashFast image, or this will be considered breach of contract.

Thanks!

The image is only 2GB. Did HashFast really send you an SD card that's smaller than 2GB? They sent me an 8GB card.

Or did you perhaps just try and copy the image on the first (90mb) partition of the card using a file copy, instead of following Phil's instructions to use Win32Diskimager?

Even if they did send you a < 2GB card (which I find unlikely since they're hard to find these days), you can wait for Hashfast to send you another one by next week, thereby losing $500 in mining in the process, or you can drive over to Wallgreens and pick up an 8gb card for $5. Your choice.

My BabyJet came with an RPi 1GB SD card. Now that it is running cgminer 3.9, again, everything is fine.

I'm not changing anything while the 10-day warranty is in effect. Wink

--Doogie
sillywhim

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:09:50 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 04:14:11 AM by sillywhim

Gotcha:

Just a heads up to something I ran across while initially running my Baby Jet:

Make sure that the date/time of your raspberry pi minepeon is CORRECT. Mines was set to the year 1969 for some strange reason. If this is happening:

1. The Baby Jet runs just fine at first boot up. Mines great at eligius for The Foreman. Then after a few minutes, DISASTER.
2. Your Baby Jet SHUTS DOWN and will just sit there seemingly doing nothing --no fans on, nada.
3. From the minepeon web interface, it will say "no devices".
4. Clicking on "Restart Miner" will have no effect. Pressing "Reboot" in an attempt to restart cgminer will also have no effect. Upon further inspection via SSH, I found that cgminer was not running. Apparently there is something somewhere in the code that prevents it if the date/time is seriously wrong
5. Check "Server Time" (this can be found as the last line of any page of the minepeon web interface) and make sure it is more or less accurate

FYI: The Baby Jet initially is in a "wait state" at boot-up time. But there is a watchdog program running in the Baby Jet that, amongst other things, monitors the inputs at the Baby Jet USB port --if there is nothing communicating on it i.e. cgminer is not controlling the USB port, then the Baby Jet will not "TURN ON".

So, date wrong ---> cgminer refuses to run ---> no signals on the Baby Jet USB port ---> Baby Jet looks like it is down and broken.  BUT IT IS NOT!

I spent a lot of time tracking this down (even bought another what is now a spare Seasonic SS1000XP power supply, requesting a RMA, etc.) as things are not immediately apparant. So hopefully this head's up will assist you if you're are experiencing the 1-5 symptoms above and maybe save you from spending $200 for no good reason.

TO set your raspberry pi's time/date properly:

1. SSH to the Baby Jet and switch to user root "sudo su" and enter in your password (by default it is peon)
2. Find out timezone values "timedatectl list-timezones" Choose your timezone from the list. For me it's Pacific/Honolulu
3. Set the timezone "timedatectl set-timezone Pacific/Honolulu"
4. Initially set date/time:
        timedatectl set-time "2014-02-02 15:43:00" Military Time Format (also note the required quote marks)
5. Type "exit" so's to not break anything.
6. Be patient. In no more than 5 minutes, your Baby Jet will start mining again.

That's it. ntpd (bootup time daemon) will take over automatically. Note: ntpd will refuse to do its job if the date/time difference is way out of wack.
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:32:38 PM

Yeah, sure Phil. the SD card that came with my BabyJet isn't big enough to hold the image.

Please send me an SD card that is big enough to hold the new HashFast image, or this will be considered breach of contract.

Thanks!

Your SD card is corrupted, it says what size it is on it.
Why so much trouble Huh go buy a couple GOOD Brands make images, and get to hashin..

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
DoogieHouser

Bitcoin Enthusiast

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:49:40 PM

Thanks!

Your SD card is corrupted, it says what size it is on it.
Why so much trouble Huh go buy a couple GOOD Brands make images, and get to hashin..

Yeah, I'll get the SD cards, but like I said, I'm not changing anything during the ten days of warranty... Smiley

--Doogie
DoogieHouser

Bitcoin Enthusiast

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:53:26 PM

I don't care about the timestamp. The 1969 thing is a Unix/Linux issue, and it isn't usually a big deal--it is just a NULL date value.

cgminer can believe whatever date/time it likes. It is of no consequence, my mining pool is smarter than cgminer And HashFast.

Gotcha:

Just a heads up to something I ran across while initially running my Baby Jet:

Make sure that the date/time of your raspberry pi minepeon is CORRECT. Mines was set to the year 1969 for some strange reason. If this is happening:

1. The Baby Jet runs just fine at first boot up. Mines great at eligius for The Foreman. Then after a few minutes, DISASTER.
2. Your Baby Jet SHUTS DOWN and will just sit there seemingly doing nothing --no fans on, nada.
3. From the minepeon web interface, it will say "no devices".
4. Clicking on "Restart Miner" will have no effect. Pressing "Reboot" in an attempt to restart cgminer will also have no effect. Upon further inspection via SSH, I found that cgminer was not running. Apparently there is something somewhere in the code that prevents it if the date/time is seriously wrong
5. Check "Server Time" (this can be found as the last line of any page of the minepeon web interface) and make sure it is more or less accurate

FYI: The Baby Jet initially is in a "wait state" at boot-up time. But there is a watchdog program running in the Baby Jet that, amongst other things, monitors the inputs at the Baby Jet USB port --if there is nothing communicating on it i.e. cgminer is not controlling the USB port, then the Baby Jet will not "TURN ON".

So, date wrong ---> cgminer refuses to run ---> no signals on the Baby Jet USB port ---> Baby Jet looks like it is down and broken.  BUT IT IS NOT!

I spent a lot of time tracking this down (even bought another what is now a spare Seasonic SS1000XP power supply, requesting a RMA, etc.) as things are not immediately apparant. So hopefully this head's up will assist you if you're are experiencing the 1-5 symptoms above and maybe save you from spending $200 for no good reason.

TO set your raspberry pi's time/date properly:

1. SSH to the Baby Jet and switch to user root "sudo su" and enter in your password (by default it is peon)
2. Find out timezone values "timedatectl list-timezones" Choose your timezone from the list. For me it's Pacific/Honolulu
3. Set the timezone "timedatectl set-timezone Pacific/Honolulu"
4. Initially set date/time:
        timedatectl set-time "2014-02-02 15:43:00" Military Time Format (also note the required quote marks)
5. Type "exit" so's to not break anything.

That's it. ntpd (bootup time daemon) will take over automatically. Note: ntpd will refuse to do its job if the date/time difference is way out of wack.

--Doogie
Legend21

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:07:21 AM

never pay shit to hashfast
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:18:37 AM

never pay shit to hashfast

Too late, wrong thread.

Doggie...
" don't care about the timestamp. The 1969 thing is a Unix/Linux issue, and it isn't usually a big deal--it is just a NULL date value.

cgminer can believe whatever date/time it likes. It is of no consequence, my mining pool is smarter than cgminer And HashFast."

Why are you turning down advice from people just trying to help.
Fix the date thing, move forward. shit if you want a refund just tell em...I do not want this thing.
Others will buy it, I would jump for joy to have enuf coin to get to 200+gh or higher, anyway I could.
Don't care about ROI or anything, just want to hash.

Please try to follow along, others are getting some positive results, Phil is working on his own to help.
Admire the hell out of that. FREE help. From someone on the inside.

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:33:55 AM

@Phil - Would it be possible to go back to 3.11? That is the only version that was stable for me.

I know some folks complained about lower hashrates in minepeon (after halving the reported rate) but that is because ckolivas made some changes to discard invalid shares.

3.9 is causing full-tilt spikes again and also caused my RPi to crash completely. It also requires me to physically hot plug the miner to be detected... :/

https://i.imgur.com/d1P8FXR.png
perezoso

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:56:57 AM

So do we have any reports of stable overclocking above around 610?

I can use 610 comfortably, although I'm out of town for a few days and turned 'down' to 600 while I'm away, for a little bigger margin of comfort.

ckolivas says 612.

When I tried to bump up to 620, my error rate went up and it wasn't looking good.  I backed down without trying very hard, though, not eager for the down time or to break anything.
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 11:58:26 AM

I can use 610 comfortably, although I'm out of town for a few days and turned 'down' to 600 while I'm away, for a little bigger margin of comfort.

ckolivas says 612.

When I tried to bump up to 620, my error rate went up and it wasn't looking good.  I backed down without trying very hard, though, not eager for the down time or to break anything.

How do you use 600 or 612, what does you mean. Did you  compile the cgminer inside raspberry.

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:15:18 PM

ckolivas says 612.

How do you use 600 or 612, what does you mean. Did you  compile the cgminer inside raspberry.

he is talking about increasing the clock rate.
Big Time Coin

Activity: 332

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:17:22 PM

DEAD DEAD DEAD - this is what I see when I wake up this morning for the second day in a row, getting only about 12-18 hour uptime before my devices all go DEAD and cgminer does not restart itself, I have to manually restart.

I am having an issue with cgminer 3.12 on windows

Using 9 babyjets plugged into a 10 port usb hub, all are detected eventually, but it usually goes up into HFB 40 to HFB 50 so it takes about 4-5 disable/re-enable cycles per device on startup.

If I reboot cgminer, after the all DEAD status, then it works for just a few minutes before I start to see the miners drop again.

IDLE for more than 60 seconds - declaring SICK!
Attempting to restart

So hotplugging everything will give me another 12-18 hours (turn off and on USB hub), but this is crazy that I have to hard reboot so often.

Big time, I'm on my way I'm making it, big time, oh yes
- Peter Gabriel
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 04:05:52 PM

DEAD DEAD DEAD - this is what I see when I wake up this morning for the second day in a row, getting only about 12-18 hour uptime before my devices all go DEAD and cgminer does not restart itself, I have to manually restart.

Using 9 babyjets plugged into a 10 port usb hub, all are detected eventually, but it usually goes up into HFB 40 to HFB 50 so it takes about 4-5 disable/re-enable cycles per device on startup.

If I reboot cgminer, after the all DEAD status, then it works for just a few minutes before I start to see the miners drop again.

Attempting to restart

So hotplugging everything will give me another 12-18 hours (turn off and on USB hub), but this is crazy that I have to hard reboot so often.

use the raspberry then it will automaticly restart the miner, every time it is crashing.

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
btctalks123

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:22:11 PM

Attempting to restart

Woke up this morning and same as you dead, only have one though but mine stopped hashing and couldn't figure out problem because I had class. Hopefully it was not the baby jet but the pi or sd idk I have to figure it out when I get home.
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:38:03 PM

If you guys are using windows i recommend cgwatcher. it uses the API to restart cgminer when it sees dead or low hashrate.

hf-engineer please - need new firmware i will send coffee and dounuts!

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: