Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:00:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast BabyJet users thread  (Read 68940 times)
storm2k5

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:53:15 AM

Can you guys tell me if you got all the capacitors placed next to the vregs? Cause mine runs slow and only got 4 caps each side, rev 1.2.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:55:51 AM

Mines 1.1 has all the caps.

HF-Engineer any word on the firmware?

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
perezoso

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:57:05 AM

Can you guys tell me if you got all the capacitors placed next to the vregs? Cause mine runs slow and only got 4 caps each side, rev 1.2.

Personally, I think it sounds like you have a f@cked up board, but if you posted a picture, I think we could be sure.  Especially if some others with 1.2 boards can chime in.
HF-Engineer

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:10:07 AM

There are more than a few different revisions of boards out there.  Some have different bulk capacitor configurations, (Different values, more/less populated, etc) and this doesn't mean your board was assembled wrong.  We designed the boards to have lots of low value caps, and all it means if your board has some "missing" it's that we used higher value caps, just less of them.

There is a known issue where a die with a bad core can cause that whole die, and sometimes the whole system, to stop hashing.  We are working on this with the new firmware.  I will post here as soon as the firmware is released.  I do not know when, but I'm hoping for this week.

We aren't going to release anything until it's proven to fix things without reducing performance or reliability.

All boards were tested at the factory, and then tested again in the completed systems before they were shipped.  If you have one that's not working right, please email tech support.

-Phil
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:57:47 AM

There is a known issue where a die with a bad core can cause that whole die, and sometimes the whole system, to stop hashing.  We are working on this with the new firmware.  I will post here as soon as the firmware is released.  I do not know when, but I'm hoping for this week.

Would it be possible to get the firmware the IceDrill mine is using?

Yes, we're mining, though we've only recently (last 24h) been able to stabilize at a measurable, relevant rate of around 50Th/s (after the latest f/w:20140205-0 aka 0.3 and cgminer 3.12.3 updates). DT will post details on where (addresses) those proceeds are going, I shared it with him earlier.

And Phil, I know its not your business, but could you please tell someone that there are (civil) Batch 1 customers here, which are desperately waiting for their upgrade modules (and their promised MPP). With all the ASIC stuff shipping at the moment, we already have a hard time to get some fractions of our investments back, so every additional little GH/s would be extremly helpful.
storm2k5

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:39:59 PM

There are more than a few different revisions of boards out there.  Some have different bulk capacitor configurations, (Different values, more/less populated, etc) and this doesn't mean your board was assembled wrong.  We designed the boards to have lots of low value caps, and all it means if your board has some "missing" it's that we used higher value caps, just less of them.

We aren't going to release anything until it's proven to fix things without reducing performance or reliability.

All boards were tested at the factory, and then tested again in the completed systems before they were shipped.  If you have one that's not working right, please email tech support.

-Phil

Phil,

I suspected that the capacitor placement might be different for different boards, also, I already mailed support with all the info, but no reply yet... (...) <---insert any amount of sarcasm here

Do you know how the RMA is handled? Like, do I need to send in the whole box or board beforehand? Or are there pre-exchanges of boards?

That issue you mention with a full die maybe not working if a single core has a problem, does it show itself in any other ways, like logs or other bahaviour?
One thing I noticed was that even tho my board has an 1.2 sticker the initialization log of the HFA device in CGminer says Hardware Rev 1.1.

If you guys need a new firmware beta tester for this issue out in the field (I know you probably don't) I'll be happy to help.

Also, another hardware question: What is the dip switch array on the board for? Anything usable or dangerous there?

thanks
storm

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
rMuD

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:55:22 PM

I got one cranking out from batch 1, running great..  the box from batch 2, reboots every 30-40 minutes.   Goes down ever 10-15 minutes with crc errors, fans go off, and restarts after a minute.   Temp on heat sinks  is from 85F to 105F    running at stock speed

HFA 1: 74C/.79V 76C/.79V 67C/.80V 67C/.79V 413.0G/414.5Gh/s

OMG!

Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:31:09 PM

so batch 2 gets delivered already. And batch 1 still waits for the upgrades. This is not right.
dentro

Activity: 92

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:15:45 PM

is there somewhere a compiled cgminer version for windows with HF drivers enabled?
storm2k5

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:20:39 PM

is there somewhere a compiled cgminer version for windows with HF drivers enabled?

http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/cgminer-3.12.3-windows.zip

you also need Zadig to load the USB driver:
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/zadig/

starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:06:37 PM

is there anyway to get the core temps and such like on the rasp pi
HF-Engineer

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:44:20 PM

Would it be possible to get the firmware the IceDrill mine is using?
Hi Micky,

Sorry, the current test firmware has many problems, so if we released it it would break customer systems, and then people would be even more upset.  We have to be sure it's solid first, so I ask for your patience.  I know it's hard to come by at this point, but please give us a little more time.  I know everyone in engineering is working their asses off.

And Phil, I know its not your business, but could you please tell someone that there are (civil) Batch 1 customers here, which are desperately waiting for their upgrade modules (and their promised MPP). With all the ASIC stuff shipping at the moment, we already have a hard time to get some fractions of our investments back, so every additional little GH/s would be extremly helpful.
Logistics is not my area, but I think that the delay might be the cooling system.  Apparently the supplier sent cooling systems with hoses that are too short to fit the BJ chassis second radiator location, so there's no way to cool a second board until new ones arrive.  That's probably why there is a delay, but again, not my department.

I know production is working smoothly now, so it shouldn't be long.

-Phil
HF-Engineer

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:03:30 AM

Phil,

I suspected that the capacitor placement might be different for different boards, also, I already mailed support with all the info, but no reply yet... (...) <---insert any amount of sarcasm here

Do you know how the RMA is handled? Like, do I need to send in the whole box or board beforehand? Or are there pre-exchanges of boards?

That issue you mention with a full die maybe not working if a single core has a problem, does it show itself in any other ways, like logs or other bahaviour?
One thing I noticed was that even tho my board has an 1.2 sticker the initialization log of the HFA device in CGminer says Hardware Rev 1.1.

If you guys need a new firmware beta tester for this issue out in the field (I know you probably don't) I'll be happy to help.

Also, another hardware question: What is the dip switch array on the board for? Anything usable or dangerous there?

thanks
storm
Hi Storm,

Sorry, I know we are hiring new support people, and I've been helping with training, but a I apologize if you haven't yet heard from them.  I think there's just a huge backlog, and lots and lots of people asking about orders, etc. which slow down tech support issues.

I don't know how RMA works, and it's not my area.  Sorry!   I'm not really even supposed to be doing this, let alone asking around about other departments.  All I can suggest is to be patient.  I know nobody is just sitting around.  We have crazy demand right now, I've never seen anything like it anyplace else I've ever worked.

The stickers mean different things, and it definitely doesn't mean anything is wrong just because the firmware listed version doesn't match the BOM version.  Sometimes the BOM changes without any schematic changes and this can cause a version mismatch like you are seeing.

I appreciate your offer of beta, I'm sure everyone here would take beta code, but we simply don't have the resources to support a beta program right now.

The switches at present do nothing.  They are not read.

-Phil
HF-Engineer

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:06:56 AM

Click the "monitor" tab.  You'll see the temps and voltages for each die listed at the top.  Note: You must be running our software on the RPI to see this.  BTW: You also will not be able to get updates if you aren't running our image.  If you don't have a "monitor" tab, you aren't running our recommended image.

-Phil
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:08:45 AM

Logistics is not my area, but I think that the delay might be the cooling system.  Apparently the supplier sent cooling systems with hoses that are too short to fit the BJ chassis second radiator location, so there's no way to cool a second board until new ones arrive.  That's probably why there is a delay, but again, not my department.

While this might be true for the upgrades, it should not apply to MPP as those are just the barebones boards.
storm2k5

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:14:30 AM

Click the "monitor" tab.  You'll see the temps and voltages for each die listed at the top.  Note: You must be running our software on the RPI to see this.  BTW: You also will not be able to get updates if you aren't running our image.  If you don't have a "monitor" tab, you aren't running our recommended image.

-Phil

Only the HF versions of cgminer support viewing all 4 cores in console, but you can get the info via debug log on any cgminer version / OS:
You can enable debug logging via console (press d,d,space) or start up parameter (--debug) and then you see the cores temps, it's board temps, and their voltage fly by on screen from time to time (I think it's enough time to read them)

Edit: You can also find other interesting bits in there, for example when the board is throttling due to temperature, serial number, etc.

kenpofighta

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:11:21 AM

I know production is working smoothly now, so it shouldn't be long.

-Phil

That is nice to know this info. I have sent multiple requests in via email and phone calls and no one will answer me from the sales side. Even a quick response from them to this effect would have been better than no response at all.

I have been so angry I could literally cuss them out on the sales side, I am furious with the way we are being treated. I treat them with respect because I know it is the right thing to do but they are not earning any respect the way the customers are being treated. Phil, you are honestly the only positive right now with this company because you actually care enough to help. Whatever you are being  paid it is not enough. I appreciate all that you are doing for us.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:28:56 AM

Hi Phil,

I tried some very minor overclocking. Looks like there's only a smidge of leeway on my machine as it stands right now. Specifically, I went to 570 clock and everything was fine, but when going to 580 (also tried 600), I get the following errors, non-stop:

Note that since the last update-push from HF, bringing us back to cgminer 3.9.0h2, my system was very stable at stock clock. Hashing steadily just under 400GH/s at Eligius, with little variance. Never more than 3-4 degrees variance between the cores, miner only rebooted once in several days, etc...

So I figured I'd have more overclocking leeway than 570. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Well, this is still happening when I overclock *at all*. 555 does it too. I even tried compiling the hash-fast cgminer build on an Ubuntu laptop to rule out *anything* having to do with the RPi; mined fine at the default 550, but gave the same above errors any higher.

Suggestions?

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
dbbit

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:56:10 AM

I think there's just a huge backlog, and lots and lots of people asking about orders, etc. which slow down tech support issues.

-Phil

How do people asking order questions slow down tech support? I haven't seen any actual responses from HashFast sales in the last 4 weeks (nor do I know of anybody else who did). All questions are answered by the bot that replies with:

"Thank you for your message. We are currently receiving a very high volume of customer support cases, and as a result, we might be slower to respond than usual. However, we will get back to you as soon as we can."

I'm sure that you guys are overwhelmed with lots of things to do, but dealing with customer questions can't possibly be slowing down anything - if it did, there would have been some evidence of actual replies!
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:32:51 AM

Click the "monitor" tab.  You'll see the temps and voltages for each die listed at the top.  Note: You must be running our software on the RPI to see this.  BTW: You also will not be able to get updates if you aren't running our image.  If you don't have a "monitor" tab, you aren't running our recommended image.

-Phil

Is there any way to compile with hashfast version so that it will work on windows?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: