Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:35:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 [494] 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2004020 times)
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 05:54:05 PM

Wasn't it a platform bug in the solidity compiler that was exploited and allowed the DAO theft to occur in the first place? Wasn't there plenty of warning that the DAO and ETH are beta and in under current development?

ETC is nothing more than an attempt to derail ETH development and justify theft.
+1  Smiley
so you guess etc is going to collapse soon ..
i see it going up and then down alot many times over, until the noobs have been drained of their BTC & ETH

Its very dangerous holding a coin that is being controlled by a group that hate altcoins, (espescially ETH), its still in beta, has no leadership, no roadmap, replay attacks daily, mining under constant ddos, 82mill premine with around 87% held by ETH guys  Wink ( that is so ironic ) and 13% held by a hacker. Im sure theres alot more i could easily add to this.
*Im sure a small % of etc is being controlled by BTC extremists ( their words not mine ) and i guarantee they aint in this for the long term.

Enjoy the ride on etc, it wont last forever...all it will take to dump very hard is one pump on either ETH or BTC or one bad piece of news on the coding side of etc.
I cant see any gd news for etc that will help drive the price up with real volume.
I feel sorry for the people that are/will be confused and angry because the exchanges led them to believe etc was the real Ethereum backed by VB & the rest of the team.  

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2016, 06:02:48 PM

i see it going up and then down alot many times over, until the noobs have been drained of their BTC & ETH

Its very dangerous holding a coin that is being controlled by a group that hate altcoins, (espescially ETH), its still in beta, has no leadership, no roadmap, replay attacks daily, mining under constant ddos, 82mill premine with around 87% held by ETH guys  Wink ( that is so ironic ) and 13% held by a hacker. Im sure theres alot more i could easily add to this.
*Im sure a small % of etc is being controlled by BTC extremists ( their words not mine ) and i guarantee they aint in this for the long term.

Enjoy the ride on etc, it wont last forever...all it will take to dump very hard is one pump on either ETH or BTC or one bad piece of news on the coding side of etc.
I cant see any gd news for etc that will help drive the price up with real volume.
I feel sorry for the people that are/will be confused and angry because the exchanges led them to believe etc was the real Ethereum backed by VB & the rest of the team.  

You might wanna tone your shilling down to make it look less desperate. Maybe decrease the amount of blatant lies to no more than 2 per line. Just trying to help since you're so passionate about ETH albeit a bit too dimwitted for your own good.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 06:10:03 PM

You might wanna tone your shilling down to make it look less desperate. Maybe decrease the amount of blatant lies to no more than 2 per line. Just trying to help since you're so passionate about ETH albeit a bit too dimwitted for your own good.

Im soo happy that i put my ETH in cold storage around 3weeks ago...i even said it here, that i expected some sort of craziness to occur ( always does, its crypto lol ) i didnt expect to get a bonus of free etc,lol
M8, please just go support my coin,  Tongue

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 06:34:19 PM

Is this for real or some kind of "shorting-eth-attempt":

https://bitflikz.com/blogs/news/open-letter-to-the-ethereum-foundation-our-last-attempt-to-negotiate

I'm not invested, so I'm not personally concerned and it could be a "FUD-attack", but not sure. Does anybody know more? 
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2016, 07:05:43 PM

https://bitflikz.com/blogs/news/open-letter-to-the-ethereum-foundation-our-last-attempt-to-negotiate

I'm not invested, so I'm not personally concerned and it could be a "FUD-attack", but not sure. Does anybody know more? 

It's about as real as a blog post can be. I don't see them having any leverage though.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 07:15:43 PM

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/the-ethereum-hard-fork-spawned-a-shaky-rebellion-ethereum-classic-etc-eth

"Ethereum (ETH) represents a real threat to bitcoin, and there are some corners who have wanted to kill Ethereum since its inception"

Ethereum Classic is essentially an “altcoin”—a clone of an existing cryptocurrency that a small community has rallied around to give it value. Bitcoin has hundreds of imitators, but this is Ethereum’s first.

Buterin has gone on record as saying that an alternate currency based on his code isn’t necessarily a bad thing. However, it’s still a dangerous situation for users, even beyond the normal concerns about get-rich-quick schemes and network insecurity that are endemic to cryptocurrencies with a small user base.
On etc users may fall victim to a “replay attack."

This is etc biggest threat imo
“Some number of bitcoiners are known as ‘maximalists’ which means they don’t think any other blockchains or digital assets should exist,” prominent bitcoin entrepreneur Erik Voorhees wrote me in an email. “They hate Ethereum, and they have been overjoyed by the turmoil since the fork. They can support Ethereum Classic because it perpetuates the time until this little crisis gets resolved.”

“Bitcoin has had hundreds of copycats, so it's not surprising that Ethereum has one,” Sirer wrote. “In the long term, value comes from the dev team and the user community, and this overwhelmingly favors ETH.”

IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 07:39:38 PM

I had a real good chuckle at this!  Thanks for posting the link. Cheesy

Well, I mean...best of luck to team BitFlikz, they're gonna need it.  I have no clue how they could ever think they have any claim to assets purposed for the development of Ethereum. "Social contract that will be argued as binding" ...good luck getting some "third party jurisdiction" to accept such arguments.
So many lols  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 07:44:53 PM

WOW no holding back from the old school

BTCE

Latest news:
27/07/16    Ethereum Classic    

Ethereum Classic

27.07.16 19:52 from admin
Dear Clients!

BTC-e’s official standpoint on this issue is as follows: Ethereum Classic in the current circumstances is a scam. The Ethereum community decided to implement the hardfork in order to switch to the new chain. All major pools and exchanges (including BTC-e) did exactly that.

On the second day after the start of ETC trading BTC-e received a notification from Poloniex, saying that we need to secure the ETCs in our ETH wallet. At the time of notification, most of these coins have already been sent to Poloniex by our users. So there were almost none of these coins in our wallet.

We continue to receive requests from our customers demanding to return the ETCs that are supposedly deposited in our ETH wallet. We cannot do that for the reason specified above.

Anyone, who purports that we sent the coins to Poloniex in order to sell them, can check all the transactions on blockchain. All transactions are recorded and it is easy to trace the sender and the volumes of coins sent.

Best Regards,
BTC-e Team

Kudos to BTCE...im trading my ETH there...respect guys
Polo starting to look like cryptsy

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 07:56:40 PM

It's about as real as a blog post can be. I don't see them having any leverage though.

Should have asked more precise! ;-)

Why I asked is simply if somebody knows that some kind of group really plans to do that. And if that would be the case the blog-post would have the intention it shows: Open letter - like an announcement.

But it also could be an attempt to bring more uncertainty.

There is another article: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/source-ethereum-insiders-believe-dao-hack-inside-job/

And this guy also wants to stay anon. And it's also an "uncertainty-article".

Scenario 1) Both articles are part of an attack on Ethereum.

Scenario 2) At least the last one is true, and if, maybe both.

He basically speaks about paranoia in the team now, because the DAO-Hacker could be a member. And I believe those concerns are real even if the interviewed guy should not be what he says (close to the Ethereum-foundation). I mean, it would be understandable to consider an Insider-Job of a member. It would be rational I believe.

And he also says:

“The internal dynamics are a mess, and people are beginning to worry about the legal implications of the code change."

And that could fit to the "open-letter".

I never thought about the legal side and I don't have any knowledge about those things. But the problem I see is that it's maybe not totally clear and with ETC there is a competitor now which most likely gain momentum every time there could be bad news for Ethereum. But: Not totally true, because all potential technical problems of Ethereum would be the same on ETC if I'm correct. So, bad news because of the tech for ETH would be bad news for ETC.

Which news wouldn't be bad for ETC but for ETH? The law. That could be a point to attack, even if it should turn out as unsuccessful. It would have impact on the market and on the team of course. What I see coming here is a "psycho-war".

I see that as fact. Because if the blog-post and the article should be fakes - it's a psycho war.

If both should be true - it's a psycho war.

If just one should be true and the other fake - psycho war.

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2016, 08:05:32 PM

Which news wouldn't be bad for ETC but for ETH? The law. That could be a point to attack, even if it should turn out as unsuccessful. It would have impact on the market and on the team of course. What I see coming here is a "psycho-war".

I see that as fact. Because if the blog-post and the article should be fakes - it's a psycho war.

There will always be opportunists in situations like this. Some troll the forums, some put it into more "refined" blog posts. The markets are not THAT stupid, although it might have a small effect sufficient for the "blogger" to cash in on a short (as an example).

In any case - this one is quite lame. No substance, anonymous group nobody has ever heard of before.
Madmach

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:14:56 PM

I have a question. What is the problem? DAO or Ethereum?
What will solve the hard-fork? DAO only?
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:16:51 PM

There will always be opportunists in situations like this. Some troll the forums, some put it into more "refined" blog posts. The markets are not THAT stupid, although it might have a small effect sufficient for the "blogger" to cash in on a short (as an example).

In any case - this one is quite lame. No substance, anonymous group nobody has ever heard of before.

The question regarding the blog-post is more: Is it just one guy who holds ETC or wants to short ETH and tries to have impact on the market. If yes, there is most likely no problem.

If ETC should be behind the post, it would show intense intention to damage ETH.
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:22:51 PM

I don't actually understand why the need for Ethereum classic ETC... I know things haven't been too great for Ethererum because of the DAO issue, but I dont see the point for one more ETH... It will probably weaken both
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:28:14 PM

The question regarding the blog-post is more: Is it just one guy who holds ETC or wants to short ETH and tries to have impact on the market. If yes, there is most likely no problem.

If ETC should be behind the post, it would show intense intention to damage ETH.

I believe now it's just one guy. Reason: https://bitflikz.com/products/short-sleeve-mens-t-shirt

Doubtful that ETC would be that stupid.   

And it shows some intention to make money with "everything".
roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:30:29 PM

I don't actually understand why the need for Ethereum classic ETC... I know things haven't been too great for Ethererum because of the DAO issue, but I dont see the point for one more ETH... It will probably weaken both
atualky it doesnt matter what we think, with the decition to do the hardfork they knew of the risk to create this situation now.
there attitude that the old chain will die was based on the illution that pushing will sort it but they missed the factor human.
people dont like to be pushed.
for the fork: well i worked with developers for 15 years and never realy never experienced that a change in a code did go smooth . there were always redoings nesesary.
when they said they do a fork in less then a month i thought good luck
i feel sorry for vitalik

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2016, 08:32:40 PM

ETC is just a blockchain with a loose group of individuals supporting it. It doesn't have a structure like "Ethereum Foundation" so whoever is posting various dumb articles and blogs likely speaks for themselves, nefarious motives notwithstanding.

I'm not so sure blockchain can have an intent to damage anything. Maybe if someone codes an elaborate contract for it, to create some sort of autonomous entity perhaps  Grin
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:50:15 PM

ETC is just a blockchain with a loose group of individuals supporting it. It doesn't have a structure like "Ethereum Foundation" so whoever is posting various dumb articles and blogs likely speaks for themselves, nefarious motives notwithstanding.

I'm not so sure blockchain can have an intent to damage anything. Maybe if someone codes an elaborate contract for it, to create some sort of autonomous entity perhaps  Grin

I don't believe you're right in that point. I mean, of course: There is no structure like the Ethereum-foundation but I believe that those behind ETC are serious about it. Because I've read this some days ago:

https://steemit.com/crypto-news/@ghostyeti/interview-with-arvicco-developer-of-ethereum-classic
http://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-hard-fork-creates-competing-currencies-support-ethereum-classic-rises/

And what he says is basically a mix of idealism and the will to implement all what will be developed for ETH in ETC as well.

And my concerns are also not only my concerns:

While most miners supported the Ethereum hard fork to prevent future breaches, Claude Lecomte, CEO at MinerGate, opposed the plan and posted a statement shortly before the hard fork took effect yesterday, claiming it will jeopardize Ethereum on legal, business and philosophical levels.
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/minergate-ceo-opposed-ethereum-hard-fork/

He also mentions the legal side and he did it before the Hard Fork.

It's not unlikely that guys like that will form a serious team for ETC. And Arvicco even claims there is already kind of a team.

Btw: I'm really not here to spread FUD (even if I'm not invested, also not in ETC! - one of my investments, Factom, would collaborate indirectly with Ethereum if successful). My intention was to find out more about the current situation. My personal conclusion for now is: Potential risks are most likely underestimated.

LADAcoin

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

LADA <[¤]> ΛAΔA ✯ 2016

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 03:43:16 AM

So if ETC is forced to hard fork will exchanges start listing the old chain as Ethereum Classic Original (ECO)?
Grin
May be
Black Ethereum Classic Original New (BECON)

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 04:29:53 AM

I believe now it's just one guy. Reason: https://bitflikz.com/products/short-sleeve-mens-t-shirt

Doubtful that ETC would be that stupid.  

And it shows some intention to make money with "everything".

Why do people continually try to centralize a decentralized concept? There is No one that speaks for a decentralized blockchain, that is the entire issue. That is the reason that ETC Exists at all!!!
Some people just cannot grasp this.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
knobson

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 04:31:14 AM

Classic is not Ethereum because of:
a) Ether holders voted decidedly for the hard fork (and, by proxy, against Classic). True, only about 5.5% of the total supply of ether was used to vote, but that is no reason to deem the it invalid because the vote was well advertised and anyone who wanted to vote did so. For instance, I did not participate because the side I was supporting had already been winning by a huge margin.
b) Miners voted in support of the hard fork, e.g. https://dwarfpool.com/eth/voting. Again, low turnout does not mean inconsequential results for the same reasons as in point a)
c.i) The Foundation has recently announced that they will be supporting the non-Classic chain
Seeing the results of various metrics, including carbonvote, dapp and ecosystem infrastructure adoption, this means that we will focus our resources and attention on the chain which is now called ETH (ie. the fork chain)
c.ii) Ethcore (disclaimer: I actually work with these guys) has been pro-fork from the start and that position still has not changed, even despite Gavin’s recent, either misexpressed or largely misunderstood, tweet

c.iii) DApps, blockchain explorers and toolkit devs are sticking to the forked (ETH) chain as well, e.g.

MoozicoreWORLDS FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN
   █████                     █████
  ███████                   ███████
  ███████       █████       ███████
  ███████      ███████      ███████
   █████        █████        █████
Pages: « 1 ... 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 [494] 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: