Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:40:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 [505] 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2003992 times)
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 10:26:31 AM

Bitfinex said other coins were safe, yes.

But im not sure its the same hack... as he talked about the stolen ETC 2 days BEFORE the bitfinex hack.
We have not seen any proof yet, that im aware of.

edit:
The DAO hack has most of the coins locked for 28 more days i think.

Only the coins from Child 59 are out if im not wrong.

Even though the other altcoins are safe, the Bitfinex might use the unhacked coins to pay for the hack cost.

Yeah it'll be socialized and that includes eth

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FruitBucket

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 11:13:24 AM

Bitfinex said other coins were safe, yes.

But im not sure its the same hack... as he talked about the stolen ETC 2 days BEFORE the bitfinex hack.
We have not seen any proof yet, that im aware of.

edit:
The DAO hack has most of the coins locked for 28 more days i think.

Only the coins from Child 59 are out if im not wrong.

Even though the other altcoins are safe, the Bitfinex might use the unhacked coins to pay for the hack cost.

Yeah it'll be socialized and that includes eth

It is better to take your coins out of the exchanges after the trading. That is much safer option.

BattleField

Activity: 62
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:58:55 PM

You're promoting a scam website
lol how do you know that? so your the judge? why not let the traders decide what it is? so much for immutability lol more like mute

im sorry but etc has SCAM written all over it.

The irony of that ETC thread is .. up there..

He really wants a immutable coin, but a very very mutable thread.

o_O

Immutability is just an excuse to pump and dump the ETC. I reckon the ETC will be dumped before the hacker's dump.
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 04:18:17 PM

Your right bitcoin, darkcoin, doge etc all of us are only concerned about money not the fact that crypto is nothing without an untouchable  blockchain. You want to know who's concerned about money?  Your saviour and their crypto police/government  ( which there is no place for) they chose to forego the protocol of crypto for their own needs not us so get your shit straight. Everytime you noobs open your mouth you prove you have no idea about crypto except gimme all the monies. Pathetic.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 04:19:20 PM

lol how do you know that? so your the judge? why not let the traders decide what it is? so much for immutability lol more like mute

o_O

Immutability is just an excuse to pump and dump the ETC. I reckon the ETC will be dumped before the hacker's dump.

Stay, convert to ETC or BTC all bad choices ATM. You guys have the roof collapsing and don't know whre to find cover.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 05:22:12 PM

o_O

Stay, convert to ETC or BTC all bad choices ATM. You guys have the roof collapsing and don't know whre to find cover.

According to public information ETC is using the ETH blockchain up to the fork at block 1920000.

The ETH foundation has 12 million ETH too pay for future developments.

Therefore, because ETC is using the same blockchain up to the fork, it stands to reason that the ETH Foundation has 12 million ETC and it can sell these off on the exchanges to fund the development of Ethereum.

Therefore, I would like to thank ETC investors for helping to fund the future development of ETH.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 05:25:00 PM

Kristopher Ives ‏@kristopherives 19h
https://twitter.com/VitalikButerin/status/760865764236627968
@VitalikButerin @Banderovetz What will you do if ETC price overtakes ETH?
0 retweets 4 likes

Vitalik Buterin
‏@VitalikButerin

@kristopherives @Banderovetz I still won't support ETC.

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
turdminer

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 05:46:38 PM

o_O

According to public information ETC is using the ETH blockchain up to the fork at block 1920000.

Therefore, because ETC is using the same blockchain up to the fork, it stands to reason that the ETH Foundation has 12 million ETC and it can sell these off on the exchanges to fund the development of Ethereum.

Therefore, I would like to thank ETC investors for helping to fund the future development of ETH.

that's interesting, so basically all pre-fork coins could be dumped as ETC (assuming they were sent to an updated post fork wallet) ?  would be silly given ETH is worth way more, but still...what a mess

thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 05:47:59 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2016, 06:14:12 PM by thevictimofuktyranny

Kristopher Ives ‏@kristopherives 19h
https://twitter.com/VitalikButerin/status/760865764236627968
@VitalikButerin @Banderovetz What will you do if ETC price overtakes ETH?
0 retweets 4 likes

Vitalik Buterin
‏@VitalikButerin

@kristopherives @Banderovetz I still won't support ETC.

I don't get why ETC supporters are coming onto this thread and posting so much nasty stuff.

The Ethereum Foundation has 12 million ETC and it can send the price of ETC to one satoshis in matter of hours.

This applies to any fork using the ETH blockchain, those forks can be wiped out (in terms of there BTC price) overnight by Ethereum Foundation.

THIS IS WHY I'M NOT TOUCHING THESE FORKS WITH A BARGE POLE!
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 06:04:03 PM

o_O

Exactly bud, no need for all this drama etc gave all of us free btc
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 07:49:45 PM

We value the synergies and positive network effects of having many applications on one
singleton instance: the Ethereum World Computer. Most of our dapps interoperat
e with one
or more other dapps and therefore the ConsenSys ecosystem of dapps will be deployed on
the Ethereum mainnet (ETH)
.https://consensys.net/static/ConETH.pdf

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 07:53:10 PM

We value the synergies and positive network effects of having many applications on one
singleton instance: the Ethereum World Computer. Most of our dapps interoperat
e with one
or more other dapps and therefore the ConsenSys ecosystem of dapps will be deployed on
the Ethereum mainnet (ETH)
.https://consensys.net/static/ConETH.pdf

And since this is open source crypto, so will they on etc
landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 10:16:29 PM

Ethereum now moving inverse with Ethereum Classic

https://coins.newbium.com/post/235-ethereum-is-pumping-now-inverse-with-ethereum-cl

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 10:38:48 PM

The Ethereum Foundation has 12 million ETC and it can send the price of ETC to one satoshis in matter of hours.

This applies to any fork using the ETH blockchain, those forks can be wiped out (in terms of there BTC price) overnight by Ethereum Foundation.

ETH is the controversially hard forked (bailout) chain.  ETC is the original chain; it isn't a fork.  I'm not sure how you could not understand that by now.  Have you ever used Bitcoin?

No other branch has the support ETC enjoys.

If the EF "dumps to zero" it would be most welcome, as we ETC investors could then cost average down by as much as we like, with full confidence the price will rise after the flash crash.

Please Vitalik, give me the opportunity to buy ETC for "one satoshis."   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 10:47:38 PM

ETH is the controversially hard forked (bailout) chain.  ETC is the original chain; it isn't a fork.  I'm not sure how you could not understand that by now.  Have you ever used Bitcoin?

If the EF "dumps to zero" it would be most welcome, as we ETC investors could then cost average down by as much as we like, with full confidence the price will rise after the flash crash.

I've noticed most of these eth fanatics have no grasp on crypto at all, let alone forks, why you don't fuck with the blockchain etc..
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 01:14:21 AM

I think people investing in ETC have a poor grasp on what adds value to every tool or service ever created.

So, I will put this into a binary explanation:

Direction A: removes flaws or aspects that reduce the value of the tool or service.

Direction B: add new features or improvements to the that tool or service.

Because Ethereum is a crypto currency, Direction A and Direction B will frequently require hard forks and soft forks, otherwise increases in the value of that tool or service can never happen.

I really don't think a crypto currency that never does any hard forks or soft forks will have any scope to increase its' fundamental value, because it will have very little scope to do either Direction.

Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 01:27:32 AM

Does anyone know how many ETC in total are held in the white DAO contract, by the Ethereum foundation and by the attacker on the ETC chain?

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1441

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 03:03:11 AM

Is it not that the Ethereum foundation's premine of ETH has the potential equivalent amount of ETC? I doubt that the foundation will dump the ETH that they hold. If they are desperate enough they will rather dump the equivalent amount ETC that they potentially can acquire. Or maybe they can do a strategic dump and keep the prices down low enough in order to discourage the miners from mining the chain.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 03:32:21 AM

Smiley
https://medium.com/@PlutusIT/slingshot-from-orbit-the-future-vision-of-plutus-it-cf7b69f827ef#.lh0zi1ef9
 Smiley Smiley Smiley

LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 04:17:13 AM

I've noticed most of these eth fanatics have no grasp on crypto at all, let alone forks, why you don't fuck with the blockchain etc..

I've noticed that iCEBREAKER has his very own agenda.
There is no "grasp on crypto".
Pages: « 1 ... 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 [505] 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: