Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:19:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 [534] 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 ... 1311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2004314 times)
Ruhtilg

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 07:31:29 AM

Developers cannot develop on ethereum because eth will enforce forks, copyrights and trademarks.

Does it mean that the Ethereum classic cannot use the name Ethereum in the future? It might change to something else?
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 07:40:25 AM

Developers cannot develop on ethereum because eth will enforce forks, copyrights and trademarks.
Developers will want to work with ETH because it works for the real world.
Forks will happen a few more times until the tech is fully developed.
Copyrights and trademarks is what gd developers need.

if it were upto you crypto would still be at its infancy and never be allowed to mature because you would scare away anyone that wants to protect their ideas and hard work.
You would expect them to innovate for free and let you steal their ideas forever...

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 07:47:06 AM

Ethereum will be a laughing stock when they release the Radeon network with 200 billion transactions per second and realize there are no transactions because no one uses the shitcoin.

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 08:10:07 AM

Ethereum will be a laughing stock when they release the Radeon network with 200 billion transactions per second and realize there are no transactions because no one uses the shitcoin.

have you gone crazy...as the weeks have passed your messages are showing something is not right with you...are you ok bro?
are you sure someone hasnt spiked your shwarma lol

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 09:51:41 AM

Developers will want to work with ETH because it works for the real world.

no it doesn't:

http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/ethereum-is-doomed/

This problem is so serious that it cannot be treated as a bug in the DAO. The problem is with Solidity itself, which is the scripting language used in Ethereum. Update: The problem actually all the way down to the Ethereum virtual machine. While reading the Solidity documentation, I noticed this:

If x is a contract address, its code (more specifically: its fallback function, if present) will be executed together with the send call (this is a limitation of the EVM and cannot be prevented).
This means the same issue exists in Serpent, another Ethereum scripting language, and every other one they might come up with.

frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 10:00:58 AM

Still helping ETH price and hurting ETC i see.
You still dont get this?
And i guess you are surprised to see the ETC volume has gone from 150k volume to 4K.......
New ETC price roof is now at .003.

You are making ETC become the biggest failure in modern coin times.

ronin07

Merit: 529

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 02:09:19 PM

We look forward to Pampa.

▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄       ▄▄       ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▄   ██ ██▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀▀▀█▀      ███      ███     ███ ██▀▀▀▀▀
██▀      ▀██ ████▄  ██ ██        ██▀           ██▀██     ████   ████ ██
██        ██ ██ ▀██ ██ ██▄▄▄     ██    ████   ██▀ ▀██    ██▀██ ██▀██ ██▄▄▄
██▄      ▄██ ██  ▀████ ██▀▀▀     ██▄     ██  ██▀   ▀██   ██ ▀███▀ ██ ██▀▀▀
 ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀  ██    ▀██ ██▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██▄▄▄██▀ ████▄▄▄████  ██  ▀█▀  ██ ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀       ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.A-Self Evolving Virtual World.
.Built on Top of Blockchain.....
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
      TWITTER     TELEGRAM      MEDIUM     
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 03:45:45 PM

I've been doing some more research for benefits of GPU miners and investors in ETH and Ethereum Network.

Many people have been citing misleading data, from past events in crypto-currency history.

There favourite citation is: Litecoin - it was $15 in the 1st quarter of 2014, but then hit a low of $1.50 in the quarter of 2015.

This researched post is too disprove the citation of Litecoin having any relevance to ETH.

At the beginning of the 1st quarter of 2014, Litecoin was being mined with GPUs and miners had invested over $50 million in GPUs to mine Litecoin with their Cash savings.

At the beginning of the 2nd quarter of 2014: new ASIC mining hardware appeared for the Scrypt algorithm.

GPU owners, having spent their Cash savings on GPUs, had no choice, but to spend their LTC on new ASIC mining hardware. At the time, Litecoin was producing $150 million of LTC per annum at a coin price of $15.

1st ASIC miner was Gridseed Orb - many batches sold at $50-$40 per a unit for many months - total estimated value unknown?

2nd ASIC miner was Gridseed Blade - many batches sold at $1600 per a unit for many months - total estimated value unknown?

3rd ASIC miner was Zeus Blizzard - many batches sold at $179 per a unit for many months - total estimated value unknown?

4th ASIC miner was Innosilicon A2 Terminator $2499 - A2 Mini $789 many batches sold - total estimated value unknown?

5th ASIC miner was KnCMiner, many batches sold at $10,000 - a couple of batches sold - total estimated value unknown?

Not to mention various other Scrypt ASIC mining hardware, that did not make it into the mainstream retail.

Consequently, in the space of 12 months, the people mining Litecoin spent in the region of $100 million on new ASIC hardware, which they financed by selling their Litecoins!

And, the very same people had previously spent over $50 million on GPUs.

Therefore, approximately they spent $150 million on mining equipment in one single year.

Yelp, people were bat s**t crazy for ASIC Scrypt mining hardware in 2015  Grin

Naturally, it is mathematically impossible for this to happen on Ethereum Network - ETH is going to POS in Feb 2017 Cheesy

There is less than 7 million ETH left in the POW period!

Litecoin history will not be applicable or repeatable for ETH and Ethereum Network

IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 07:34:52 PM

You still dont get this?
And i guess you are surprised to see the ETC volume has gone from 150k volume to 4K.......

Honestly bitpop...at first I thought you just another die-hard ETC supporter who likes to run his mouth because *shrug*.  Then I realized you actually created the ETC ANN OP.  How in the world can someone who is supposed to represent (and advocate for) a coin consistently talk shit about the competition?  Surely you realize how bad this makes not only you look, but ETC look, in the eyes of others.  If I were an ETC supporter and advocate, I'd be quite embarrassed knowing you're out there typing away....

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
bbOOmm

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 08:15:38 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2016, 11:24:18 PM by bbOOmm

Keep in mind I have been very resistive to read all the FUD and bullschnizzle on here so I can keep a fairly sane, open mind....

This is how I see things...

The value of ETH-C has been slightly above ETH-F - per coinwarz.com - its enough of an increased value that I've been mining ETH-C to rake in a little more $$$ --- I'm in it for the money.

But ETH-C network hashrate has been dropping and is only a fraction of the network hashrate of ETH-F. It seems that ETH-C is dying.

ETH-F, My opinion, the devs should have allows the DAO hack to proceed. If the people were that STUPID to leave their crypto online, on equipment they don't own or have access to so they can verify and maintain their own security, then by all means, You took the risk, you accepted the risk, you just lost it all.

However the ETH-F devs took a play from "No child left behind" and Kindergarden sports where EVERYONE is a winner no matter if they statistically lost the game. The ETH-F devs then did their voodoo and created the mess they are in now to appease the idiots that lost their DAO ETH.

Forks are going to happen. Security fixes, technology additions etc. But to take a crypto and timewarp back in time to make something that happened, disappear. I don't know. If you want crypto currency to live and thrive, treat it like real world currency. If the bank gets robbed, is there a time machine that the bank can use to go back in time, fortify and deter the said robbery so when they go back to normal time, no robbery took place? Sorry, that does not exist (yet). So treat the crypto as if it was real currency. No forks for that reason. -- so you left your moola in a public place, don't be surprised that it finds legs and walks off. Keep your crypto privately, well, first the robbers need to actually KNOW you have the Motz, then they need to figure out your IP address, THEN they can do their hackz. ( Portable USB drives are AWESOME security - especially when you unplug the drive when you are not playing with your crypto ----- picture Scrooge Mc Duck diving in his vault)

I foresee ETH-C dying a slow death, slowly fading into obscurity like 99% of the rest of the crypto.... with a future of " You are mining what? I never heard of it."

I also foresee ETC-F either imploding from their shysterism schemes and most everybody saying fook this, the ETH-F environment is just too stressful, too much deception, etc - There is enough real word reality stress and deception - people could leave just because they don't need any more, they then would move their GPU mining platforms to some other GPU mined coin that shows promise at the first chance that comes along sometime in the future (Miners have the hardware, might as well make their GPUs work to make a few dollars elsewhere mining a coin that has less baggage and politics); or flat out, ETH-F loosing popularity due to all the negative light ETH-F has seen leaving ETH-F a jinxed coin with a questionable history.

If ETH-F does not go Garza on us, I think ETH-F will have a long long road to recover and re-establish itself into a stable, growing crypto. In this age of "gotta have it NOW!" and everyone leery of every crypto out there, ETH-F would need to stabilize NOW and show growing tendencies with stability relatively soon before the crowd gets weary and they leave ETH-F, cashing out their ETH-F as they leave, thus lowering the value in a vicious cycle.

ETH-F devs, time to stop sniffing your sisters panties like a kid and put your adult big boy pants on... I guess the same goes for the ETH-C devs, but I think its too late for them.

---edited to fix some punctuation and typos so the grammar police don't gather a posse to lynch me.
frostminer

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 08:18:12 PM

You still dont get this?

Honestly bitpop...at first I thought you just another die-hard ETC supporter who likes to run his mouth because *shrug*.  Then I realized you actually created the ETC ANN OP.  How in the world can someone who is supposed to represent (and advocate for) a coin consistently talk shit about the competition?  Surely you realize how bad this makes not only you look, but ETC look, in the eyes of others.  If I were an ETC supporter and advocate, I'd be quite embarrassed knowing you're out there typing away....

My point exactly.

Any investors or reasonable people with money will quickly turn around and run away if they stick their nose into the ETC thread.

sxafir

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 08:53:29 PM

After 2100000 now is 2096732 blok eth start ethm-etherum maximalist.
bbOOmm

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 11:10:42 PM

After 2100000 now is 2096732 blok eth start ethm-etherum maximalist.

Hunh? What? Explain yer self, boy. -Foghorn Leghorn ( WB Cartoon)

"What you talking about Willis" -Gary Coleman (Different Strokes - 1980's TV Show)
bitfish

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

A Coin A Day Keeps The Cold Away.

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 02:43:50 AM

Funny that ETC is currently using that identical ETH "shitcoin" code base. So if ETH is a "shitcoin"  - what is ETC?
Without real substantial developer input, ETC code base will at best always remain a copy cat of ETH code base.
And I see no chance that folks voicing an attitude like you, will ever be able attracting any serious developers.

BTW: I personally think that you are unfit representing ETC because your attitude is damaging ETC's reputation.

bbOOmm

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 04:21:56 AM

Chapter 34 of bbOOmm's unpublished book, Mining Ethereum and The Hammer That Smashed The PC.....

Allllllllllrighty, a new problem I ran into...

As some of you know, I have several GPU platforms containing 4 XFX R9 295X2 GPUs ... I just received 2 more XFX R9295X2's and put together another system just with these two cards, waiting for a couple more cards to arrive to finish it. ( I think I'm draining the international used market of these cards!)

(For those wondering, yes, I overclock, a simple <aticonfig --adapter=ALL --odsc 1160,1375> and No, I'm not using a normal power supply. The PC running ethminer uses its own small power supply to power the computer system and an extension of the 5V GND and 12V  comes out of the case to power the PCI-e extender cards mounted on an aluminum plate which slides as an assembly into the server rack. A DPS-2980AB power supply powers the GPU's ONLY with up to 233A of 12VDC which leaves plenty of power supply headroom but not enough uumph for 5 overclocked R9 295X2's

I've been searching the web for a solution to my predicament , that is using Ubuntu Desktop with Terminator for a multi-windowed terminal to use one of the R9 295X2 cards ( Adapter 0 & 1 ) in one terminal window mining ETH-F and then in another terminal window, using the other card ( Adapter 2 & 3 ) to mine ETH-C

*** Yes, my attempt at using Ubuntu server failed. I got frustrated trying to get the AMD FGLRX and also the AMD FGLRX-UPDATES to work, as well as an X session to open and play nice.... so I went back to Desktop GUI till I gain some more knowledge.... evidently I have not hit my forehead on the keyboard long enough to gain what I need to know yet.

As I mentioned in previous posts, I'm mining for the money, I sell what I mine, although I'm holding some of each ETH to cover my bets for ---IF--- either or decides to go to the MoooooN in value. I could care less about which one is the best or about the politics of either or... so lets no go there. I'm mining BOTH, PERIOD.

I have :

export GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0
export GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
export GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT=100

Placed in the /etc/profile configuration so they load at boot, simplifying running ethminer in Terminator 5 less commands to enter.  Eventually, I'll figure out a command to run ethminer how I want it to, then I'll set the PC to run and mine automatically at boot so if I loose line power and my standby generator fails to start, and the  UPS send the system the standby, hibernate or whatever command... when line power is restored, the mining systems restart automatically.

If I'm using all the adapters to mine one crypto I use the following command:

ethminer --farm-recheck 300 -G -t 4 -F eth-us.dwarfpool.com:80/0x1WoUlDnTyOuLiKeToKnOw2978C --cl-local-work 256 --cl-global-work 16896

All the GPU devices would then go chunking along although its dead slow on mining startup as each separate adapter creates its own buffer for DAG and each maps their own big chunks

I've found no difference using the -t 4 verses using the opencl-platform 0 .... just less typing using -t 4 I guess.

However if I use:

ethminer --farm-recheck 300 -G -t 2 -F eth-us.dwarfpool.com:80/0x1WoUlDnTyOuLiKeToKnOw2978C --cl-local-work 256 --cl-global-work 16896

in one window to mine ETH-F and in another window mine ETH-C with:

ethminer --farm-recheck 300 -G -t 2 -F etc-us-east1.nanopool.org:18888/0x1MyPrIvAtEcLaSsIcWaLlEt21bC --cl-local-work 256 --cl-global-work 16896

Both instances of ethminer compete for the same adapters, I know this because I watch the temperatures, I can see Adapter 0 and adapter 1 being used while the others 2 adapters remain cool at idle. I also see a hash rate drop, basically put, the ETH-F ethminer instance is competing for the same two GPUs as the ETH-C ethminer instance resulting in a very jittery response from any input (mouse or keyboard)

I can get the system to play nice using:

ethminer --farm-recheck 300 -G --opencl-device 0 -F eth-us.dwarfpool.com:80/0x1WoUlDnTyOuLiKeToKnOw2978C --cl-local-work 256 --cl-global-work 16896

in one window and in another window:

ethminer --farm-recheck 300 -G --opencl-device 2 -F etc-us-east1.nanopool.org:18888/0x1MyPrIvAtEcLaSsIcWaLlEt21bC --cl-local-work 256 --cl-global-work 16896

That gets the system mining ETH-F and ETH-C separately and stable, although only using one GPU per card.

I tried adding --opencl-device 1 immediately after the --opencl-device 0 in the first ethminer instance ...... and the same adding --opencl-device 3 to the second ethminer instance. That did not get each of the ethminer instances to use the two free adapters ( adapter 1 and adapter 3 ), it mined just with adapter 1 and adapter 3..... it seem that when I gave the second --opencl-device x command, it ignored the first --opencl-device x command.

So, what do I have to do to get two of the GPUs to mine on ETH-F and two GPUs to mine on ETH-C - ultimately one R9 295x2 mining ETH-F and the other R9 295X2 mining ETH-C?

I tried :
--opencl-device 0,1 resulted in just adapter 0 mining
--opencl-device 0 1 resulted in Invalid argument: 1
--opencl-device 0&1 made ethminer go nutz something about Exception 32003, could not connect to http:127.0.0.1:8545 - retrying in 2...  and stuck in an endless loop where I had to close out the terminal window to break the loop.
--opencl-device 0:1 again resulted in adapter 0 mining only

That's as far as I took it. Too much shooting in the dark and I'm not finding any relevant info on the web.

So if anyone has like a cheat sheet or documentation of all the opencl-(whatever) options, please post it, I'd like to have that for reference,  and if anyone knows the proper command how to mine with 2 adapters on one pool, and two adapters on a different pool on the same PC ... also please let me know....

In the mean time, I am getting the result I want by having 4 individual terminal windows open, each window running ethminer running --opencl-device x ( 0 1 2 or 3 ) ... what a crappy way to do it in my opinion.

Thanks in advance

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 05:07:30 AM

I foresee ETH-C dying a slow death, slowly fading into obscurity like 99% of the rest of the crypto.... with a future of " You are mining what? I never heard of it."

ETC is only 30 days old.

Perhaps you could wait at least 60 or 90 days before rushing to write yet another ETC obituary?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 05:21:11 AM

Eth down for another day now, there's no floor

frostminer

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 09:01:38 AM

Eth down for another day now, there's no floor

Same goes for ETC.

ETH -1 %
ETC -6 %

Whats your point?

We know this is going up and down.

And with a retarded fuck controlling the ETC, its doomed.

Read posts on top of this page, for you.

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 09:03:45 AM

Chandler Guo made mistake by helping Vitalik with his scam, now 100% ETC https://vimeo.com/179429748

frostminer

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 09:09:54 AM

Chandler Guo made mistake by helping Vitalik with his scam, now 100% ETC https://vimeo.com/179429748

LOL
Do you even understand why?

HAHAHAHA

Pages: « 1 ... 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 [534] 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 ... 1311 »
  Print  

Jump to: