Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:00:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 [537] 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2004017 times)
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 11:54:23 PM

Hitler Gets White Hacked

https://steemit.com/dao/@imsatoshi/hitler-gets-white-hacked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bbOOmm

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 01:48:48 AM

Eth is the definition of ponzi https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme and no longer the definition of blockchain https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockchain_(database)

I've benchmarked the Ethereum Network versus ETC Network.

Using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Would you care to enlighten us on how you are mining with Ubuntu 16.04 .... or is that 16.04 system just for your wallet?

FOR INFO:::

16.04 and future releases do not have the propriety FGLRX or FGLRX-UPDATES supported any more.... making GPU mining, well, not possible. Good for a GETH wallet though.

15.04 and 15.10 just fell out of active support - works good for GPU mining but -NO- security and maintenance updates - cybersecurity hazard.

14.04 is getting old but still supported till early 2019 - works good for GPU mining and still is getting security and maintenance support.

12.04 Support ended earlier this year - I hated the 11.04 through 13.10 releases, never tried 12.04 for mining.

You never read the post properly?

I not mining on Ubuntu 16.04LTS

I use it too store all the wallet.qts and blockchains for various cryptos. It' a lot faster than using Windows for a wallet.qt

Equally, you can install wine1.8 and run any crypto-coin's windows-qt.exe via that emulator.

Once installed, configure wine1.8 to run as Windows 7 emulator.

Therefore, everyone should have at least one Ubuntu installation for their crypto-coins wallet-qts.

I will add, Use ubuntu server for the mining wallet. Yeap, its CLI, but far lighter weight and I believe Server is more secure than desktop.
roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 01:49:55 AM

Eth is the definition of ponzi https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme and no longer the definition of blockchain https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockchain_(database)

I've benchmarked the Ethereum Network versus ETC Network.

Using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Would you care to enlighten us on how you are mining with Ubuntu 16.04 .... or is that 16.04 system just for your wallet?

FOR INFO:::

16.04 and future releases do not have the propriety FGLRX or FGLRX-UPDATES supported any more.... making GPU mining, well, not possible. Good for a GETH wallet though.

15.04 and 15.10 just fell out of active support - works good for GPU mining but -NO- security and maintenance updates - cybersecurity hazard.

14.04 is getting old but still supported till early 2019 - works good for GPU mining and still is getting security and maintenance support.

12.04 Support ended earlier this year - I hated the 11.04 through 13.10 releases, never tried 12.04 for mining.

You never read the post properly?

I not mining on Ubuntu 16.04LTS

I use it too store all the wallet.qts and blockchains for various cryptos. It' a lot faster than using Windows for a wallet.qt

Equally, you can install wine1.8 and run any crypto-coin's windows-qt.exe via that emulator.

Once installed, configure wine1.8 to run as Windows 7 emulator.

Therefore, everyone should have at least one Ubuntu installation for their crypto-coins wallet-qts.
how much space does wine need ?

DMDCreeper

Activity: 416
Merit: 270

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 03:30:24 AM

ETH is not viable, the first definition of a blockchain is immutability otherwise it's just a database.

ETC is not viable because it is supported by thieves for thieves.  Any blockchain that allows the easy theft of it currency is doomed because there are a limited number of victims.

Then why are you so worried about it that you cannot resist coming into this forum and posting all of your trash?

Hey stupid, this is the ETH forum and I am here to keep up with ETH not ETC.  I am in the right place.  You have a forum for ETC, even if its only visited by you and your aliases.  But as long as you are here pushing ETC with your various aliases I feel obligated to warn any newcomers that your nonsense is in support of thieves and villains.  So I say again, ETC i s supported by thieves for thieves. 

DMDCreeper

Activity: 416
Merit: 270

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 03:33:22 AM

ETH is not viable, the first definition of a blockchain is immutability otherwise it's just a database.

ETC is not viable because it is supported by thieves for thieves.  Any blockchain that allows the easy theft of it currency is doomed because there are a limited number of victims.

How is it supported by thieves? I think you meant ethf is supported by thieves. If code is law, why was it rolled back to save investors asses? It's their fault for putting money in to a contract with flawed code.

Also, how the hell does it allow easy theft? It's an actual blockchain. Not an investor database like ethf.

I will let you know the answers to your questions as soon as I get back the ETC that was stolen from my account - twice.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2016, 06:05:54 AM

How is it supported by thieves? I think you meant ethf is supported by thieves. If code is law, why was it rolled back to save investors asses? It's their fault for putting money in to a contract with flawed code.

Also, how the hell does it allow easy theft? It's an actual blockchain. Not an investor database like ethf.

I will let you know the answers to your questions as soon as I get back the ETC that was stolen from my account - twice.

I asked a while ago if you have TX IDs for those "stolen" ETC. Do you have those?

Looking at your original post regarding the issue it looks more like a problem with the way you tried to determine your balance than actual theft but I would like to know more.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1567565.msg15900366#msg15900366
roselee
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 06:26:37 AM

ETC is not viable because it is supported by thieves for thieves.  Any blockchain that allows the easy theft of it currency is doomed because there are a limited number of victims.

i guess he talks of replay attacks what a pity he does not understand basic rules of  blockchain technique.
the moment his ETH FORK GOD DEVS  decidet to NOT ADRESS the replay in the fork he was on risk with all his ETH.
and after the fork when ETC didnt die this very DEVs refused to solve the problem and said let the users find a solution.

but dont worry ETC devs are working on a save way to solve it.

for ETC and for ETH we are not  greedy we help others out .  

becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 06:43:13 AM

Looking at the price chart more people are dumping ETHF and switching to ETHC.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 06:44:25 AM

I asked a while ago if you have TX IDs for those "stolen" ETC. Do you have those?

Looking at your original post regarding the issue it looks more like a problem with the way you tried to determine your balance than actual theft but I would like to know more.

Don't feed ETHF trolls!
Bepesand

Activity: 151
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 08:15:03 AM

Then why are you so worried about it that you cannot resist coming into this forum and posting all of your trash?

Hey stupid, this is the ETH forum and I am here to keep up with ETH not ETC.  I am in the right place.  You have a forum for ETC, even if its only visited by you and your aliases.  But as long as you are here pushing ETC with your various aliases I feel obligated to warn any newcomers that your nonsense is in support of thieves and villains.  So I say again, ETC i s supported by thieves for thieves. 

I agree with this totally. There are many active developments in the Ethereum network and many business will only support ETH.
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 08:21:13 AM

ETC is not viable because it is supported by thieves for thieves.  Any blockchain that allows the easy theft of it currency is doomed because there are a limited number of victims.

Don't feed ETHF trolls!

I still, don't know why ETC people are posting on this ANN.

When the Dag file goes over 2GB in Decemeber for both ETH and ETC!

Those people who have not re-sold their stacks 270's and 370's and want to carry on mining dagger!

Will be mining Expanse and not this clone-crap called ETC - when that happens ETC price will drop big-time

Expanse's Dag file will not be going over 2GB for another 1 year 1 month.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2016, 08:41:30 AM

Ethereum Classic is Starting to Mobilize http://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-classic-london-meetup/

digi123

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 08:57:06 AM

Hey stupid, this is the ETH forum and I am here to keep up with ETH not ETC.  I am in the right place.  You have a forum for ETC, even if its only visited by you and your aliases.  But as long as you are here pushing ETC with your various aliases I feel obligated to warn any newcomers that your nonsense is in support of thieves and villains.  So I say again, ETC i s supported by thieves for thieves.  

It is very obvious there are posters on this forum that are hell bent on continuing to put Ethereum down anyway possible. They are not here to simple discuss things related to Ethereum. They can easily go to or create their own thread. These posters are going out of their way on purpose. This shows their malice. The arguments they bring up are so ridiculous, implausible, historical contradictory, and without any kind of credibility that they are not worth the time to bother about replying to. This may very well be the continuous co-ordinated effort by very few to try to keep etc alive in all ways possible. They are trying anything and everything.

The simple consideration that they could be trying to build there own community in there own space getting on with their own thing instead of doing this shows the psychology intent behind them and what they are all about.

The way things have and are historically playing out, continually enforces that the hackers and now any affiliates have alot to lose in this, and their whole world will be to extract as much out of this as possible. They are dealing with life changing amounts of money for themselves. Coupled to some peoples want to destroy Ethereum that will only be allayed by them trying to take control of it.

The posters here continuing to post etc related garbage are showing themselves as the cryptoscum that they are and with every post shows the power that ethereum really is and has been and how much of a threat it has been to them. They have inadvertently highlighted to me and many others that they are running scared with every post.

thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 09:13:12 AM

Eth has spit on the first tenet of blockchains, immutability. Therefore, it is proven eth has no future.

Benchmark speed Ubuntu 16.04LTS, same PC and same internet provider.

Ethereum blockchain downloaded in 40 minutes.

ETC block blockchain downloaded in 420 minutes (7 hours).

ETHs hardware and implementation is 10 times faster than ETC hardware and implementation.

I like speed, the "need for speed", the faster the better - were is that Vin Diesel, when you need a celebrity endorsement.

Oh sorry, ETH's blistering speed is so fast the "Fast and Furious" guys and gals can't keep up Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------weres

It's Sunday, why cant' the ETC guys take at least one day off, from posting their crap on the ANN?
roselee
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 09:14:00 AM

Hey stupid, this is the ETH forum and I am here to keep up with ETH not ETC.  I am in the right place.  You have a forum for ETC, even if its only visited by you and your aliases.  But as long as you are here pushing ETC with your various aliases I feel obligated to warn any newcomers that your nonsense is in support of thieves and villains.  So I say again, ETC i s supported by thieves for thieves.  

It is very obvious there are posters on this forum that are hell bent on continuing to put Ethereum down anyway possible. They are not here to simple discuss things related to Ethereum. They can easily go to or create their own thread. These posters are going out of their way on purpose. This shows their malice. The arguments they bring up are so ridiculous, implausible, historical contradictory, and without any kind of credibility that they are not worth the time to bother about replying to. This may very well be the continuous co-ordinated effort by very few to try to keep etc alive in all ways possible. They are trying anything and everything.

The simple consideration that they could be trying to build there own community in there own space getting on with their own thing instead of doing this shows the psychology intent behind them and what they are all about.

The way things have and are historically playing out, continually enforces that the hackers and now any affiliates have alot to lose in this, and their whole world will be to extract as much out of this as possible. They are dealing with life changing amounts of money for themselves. Coupled to some peoples want to destroy Ethereum that will only be allayed by them trying to take control of it.

The posters here continuing to post etc related garbage are showing themselves as the cryptoscum that they are and with every post shows the power that ethereum really is and has been and how much of a threat it has been to them. They have inadvertently highlighted to me and many others that they are running scared with every post.

excuse me? why do you expect this thread to be your inheritage ?
ETH and ETC are both offsprings of former Ethereum.
so every ETC suporter has the right to be here just like every ETH suporter has.

ETC and ETH holders didnt create this situation its the devs that did the fork. now this is the outcome. live with it.

and like bitbob said and asked for . if vitalik closes this thread the problem would be solved.

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2016, 09:14:58 AM

Eth has spit on the first tenet of blockchains, immutability. Therefore, it is proven eth has no future.

ETH hardware and implementation is 10 times faster than ETC hardware and implementation.

I like speed, the "need for speed", the faster the better - were is that Vin Diesel, when you need a celebrity endorsement.

Oh sorry, ETH's blistering speed is so fast the "Fast and Furious" guys and gals can't keep up Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------weres

It's Sunday, why cant' the ETC guys take at least one day off, from posting their crap on the ANN?

Speed at the expense of security and immutability.

thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 09:17:15 AM

ETH hardware and implementation is 10 times faster than ETC hardware and implementation.

Oh sorry, ETH's blistering speed is so fast the "Fast and Furious" guys and gals can't keep up Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Speed at the expense of security and immutability.

Better hardware and better implementation is more secure, than bad hardware and bad implementation Grin

Just try using Windows 8: without the service packs (Hard Forks) and updates (Soft Forks) for a few months  Grin

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2016, 09:29:51 AM

I did, Windows 8 was trash

thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 09:52:24 AM

My nephew, 12 years old, got a Windows 8 laptop some months back - he didn't do any packs (hard forks) or updates (soft forks).

Now, his laptop is unusable - I'm having to wipe it and reinstall OS.

That, is my point!
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2016, 09:57:41 AM

My nephew, 12 years old, got a Windows 8 laptop some months back - he didn't do any packs (hard forks) or updates (soft forks).

Now, his laptop is unusable - I'm having to wipe it and reinstall OS.

That, is my point!

No windows 8 was a disgusting hard fork from windows 7!

Pages: « 1 ... 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 [537] 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: