Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:43:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 [543] 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2004094 times)
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 04:50:48 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2016, 05:09:58 PM by thevictimofuktyranny

As a digression, the March Homestead Hard Fork from Frontier raised the blocks found per a day by 20%!

Prerelease Step 0: Olympic testnet - launched May 2015
Release Step One: Frontier - launched 30 July 2015
Release Step Two: Homestead - launches 14 March 2016
Release Step Three: Metropolis - TBA
Release Step Four: Serenity - TBA

This chart on Etherscan illustrates the effect on block founds after Homestead:

https://etherscan.io/charts/blocks

Consequently, most GPU owners benefited from Homestead Fork, with a 20% increase in daily mining payouts.

roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 06:29:33 PM

I mean....I know that the difficulty going up means more ppl are mining, means better decentralization, etc.  But FUCK! Mining profits keep getting smaller and smaller!  Angry Cry

It just mean the mining will be concentrated into cheap electricity places like China. It happened to the btc mining.

No, I doubt that's the main cause.  POS is coming soon, at least, too soon to invest a giant mining operation into Eth.  More likely, it's a combination of difficulty bomb (by design), and more rigs being brought online/switched to Eth mining.
Difficulty bomb won't affect difficulty for at least 5 months.

Interesting.

From what I've read on other Threads - most of the difficulty rise comes from new mining hardware, improvements in GPU mining techniques and new people coming into crypto-mining because of ETH.

Someone could research and post figures on wallet-qt growth rate over the last 4 weeks!

The difficulty bomb will start to phase in in November. So I think the Ethereum developers has about 1-2 month to solve the problem.

Someone posted 5 months, now you've posted 1-2 months - this alleged difficulty bomb is more elusive than the Yeti!

Does anyone have a link too a formal or official announcement from the Ethereum Foundation - that this thing actually exists or are the posts like sightings of the Yeti?

i guess then this wont do either but i  this guys are removing it from the ETC chain so its on the ETH chain too

Remove lines 305-309
https://github.com/ethereumproject/go-ethereum/blob/master/core/block_validator.go#L303

See post by @whatisgravity
https://github.com/ethereumproject/go-ethereum/issues/11

if you dismiss the worries of this miners by saying the diff bomb is gosip do you have proof it isnt in the code ?

couse if they trust you they might get harmed ?

thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 06:36:54 PM

I mean....I know that the difficulty going up means more ppl are mining, means better decentralization, etc.  But FUCK! Mining profits keep getting smaller and smaller!  Angry Cry

It just mean the mining will be concentrated into cheap electricity places like China. It happened to the btc mining.

No, I doubt that's the main cause.  POS is coming soon, at least, too soon to invest a giant mining operation into Eth.  More likely, it's a combination of difficulty bomb (by design), and more rigs being brought online/switched to Eth mining.

Interesting.

From what I've read on other Threads - most of the difficulty rise comes from new mining hardware, improvements in GPU mining techniques and new people coming into crypto-mining because of ETH.

Someone could research and post figures on wallet-qt growth rate over the last 4 weeks!

The difficulty bomb will start to phase in in November. So I think the Ethereum developers has about 1-2 month to solve the problem.

Someone posted 5 months, now you've posted 1-2 months - this alleged difficulty bomb is more elusive than the Yeti!

Does anyone have a link too a formal or official announcement from the Ethereum Foundation - that this thing actually exists or are the posts like sightings of the Yeti?

i guess then this wont do either but i  this guys are removing it from the ETC chain so its on the ETH chain too

Remove lines 305-309
https://github.com/ethereumproject/go-ethereum/blob/master/core/block_validator.go#L303

See post by @whatisgravity
https://github.com/ethereumproject/go-ethereum/issues/11

if you dismiss the worries of this miners by saying the diff bomb is gosip do you have proof it isnt in the code ?

couse if they trust you they might get harmed ?

Don't ask me, PM the Ethereum Foundation!

They will send you email, with a reply too your question.
greenuser

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 06:46:18 PM

Interesting.

If  ETC FAIL, the miners on classic may want to hash on the ETH chain to make some coin.  This means ETH Network hashrate could suddenly rise by 13%  also increasing ETH difficulty by about the same. And vice-versa!

Therefore it is more profitable for the two chains to compete

thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 06:54:12 PM

Interesting.

If  ETC FAIL, the miners on classic may want to hash on the ETH chain to make some coin.  This means ETH Network hashrate could suddenly rise by 13%  also increasing ETH difficulty by about the same. And vice-versa!

At moment: some threads are awash with people asking questions about how to set up 480's and 470's for mining Ethereum!

Some people are saying that 480's are sold out in there countries.
greenuser

Activity: 364

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 07:12:25 PM

Interesting.

At moment: some threads are awash with people asking questions about how to set up 480's and 470's for mining Ethereum!

Everyone wants a machine that prints money.  The problem for miners is that the more popular mining becomes, the less profitable it is to mine.  It's a bit like oil or gold or coal.  No one has solved this problem yet.  

Oil is too cheap for miners but too expensive for consumers.

It is too costly to set up an oil drilling operation but very cheap to start crypto mining  Wink

thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 07:19:09 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2016, 07:37:16 PM by thevictimofuktyranny

Interesting.

Everyone wants a machine that prints money.  The problem for miners is that the more popular mining becomes, the less profitable it is to mine.  It's a bit like oil or gold or coal.  No one has solved this problem yet.  

Oil is to cheap for miners but too expensive for consumers.

It is too costly to set up an oil drilling operation but very cheap to start crypto mining

Nope,

People saw a drop in difficulty from 64 down to 50, when ETC was set up!

And, the guys who wanted the most ETH possible, before it went over to POS decided to buy a lot more GPUs!

And,

Word Mouth about Ethereum was always going to see more new people putting their GPU onto mining it.

italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 07:29:55 PM

hi all!!!
i'm on windows 7 64bit with Mist wallet
it is possible to move blockchain from %appData% to other HDD???
there is something like bitcoin -datadir="folder dir" parameter??

thank you

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
Sidtamfia

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 12:15:48 PM

hi all!!!

thank you

I also tried to move the database from C drive to D drive without success. The Database is getting big very fast.
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 12:54:52 PM

hi all!!!

thank you

I also tried to move the database from C drive to D drive without success. The Database is getting big very fast.

Why don't you PM the Ethereum Foundation to find out whether the Windows Wallet-QT supports what you are trying to do?
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 02:33:15 PM

hi all!!!

thank you

Why don't you PM the Ethereum Foundation to find out whether the Windows Wallet-QT supports what you are trying to do?

maybe you can try the slack ETH channel??

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 08:29:37 PM

we already have some good news but still ETH is sitting on its back. Least movement in exchanges although we have good news in hands. What is going on ?
Calabi–Yau Manifold

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 09:35:55 PM

we already have some good news but still ETH is sitting on its back. Least movement in exchanges although we have good news in hands. What is going on ?

People don't want forked ETH but unforked ETC.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1075

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 04:29:39 AM

get in asap Wink

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 04:46:27 AM

ETH WILL BE #1 COINCAP WORTH OVER $10BILL BY END OF 2016

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2016, 04:48:13 AM

Lol it's all hype. ETH is a dead coin. All the speed and marketing hype means nothing. We need real dapps and they'll be on ETC.

Your pumping and shilling makes the shitcoin look like a clown coin.

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 04:55:00 AM

Lol it's all hype. ETH is a dead coin. All the speed and marketing hype means nothing. We need real dapps and they'll be on ETC.

lol awww poor old butthurrtpoop....go back to your shitcoin thread please  Cheesy
you obs dont know whats going on with ETH and any of my calls ive made on Eth prices all yr  Tongue

Heres a big free tip for ya...Bitcoin is facing big problems ( alot of these probs cant be fixed because of guys like you and what etc did )

ETH has the kahunas that btc lacks and you will see this yourself over the next few months as Ethereum evolves, solving scalabilty, privacy and many more things.  Cool

roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 06:03:46 AM

lol awww poor old butthurrtpoop....go back to your shitcoin thread please  Cheesy
you obs dont know whats going on with ETH and any of my calls ive made on Eth prices all yr  Tongue

Heres a big free tip for ya...Bitcoin is facing big problems ( alot of these probs cant be fixed because of guys like you and what etc did )

ETH has the kahunas that btc lacks and you will see this yourself over the next few months as Ethereum evolves, solving scalabilty, privacy and many more things.  Cool
bla bla bla
will be is illution ether will eth might eth bla bla  so far its a banksters coin with rollbacks and bailouts

there is nothing of substanc only promisses

ETC has at least a moral standart which ETH does not have

italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 06:53:02 AM

this is a good poll for Augur!!! :-)
 just Augured!!!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
Calabi–Yau Manifold

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 08:23:40 AM

nope.
Pages: « 1 ... 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 [543] 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: