Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:55:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 [601] 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2003994 times)
BattleField

Activity: 62
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 04:57:44 PM

On December 16, we were made aware that someone had recently gained unauthorized access to a database from forum.ethereum.org. We immediately launched a thorough investigation to determine the origin, nature, and scope of this incident. Here is what we know:

The information that was recently accessed is a database backup from April 2016 and contained information about 16.5k forum users.
The leaked information includes:
  • Messages, both public and private
  • IP-addresses
  • Username and email addresses
  • Profile information
  • Hashed passwords
  • ~13k bcrypt hashes (salted)
  • ~1.5k WordPress-hashes (salted)
  • ~2k accounts without passwords (used federated login)
  • The attacker self-disclosed that they are the same person/persons who recently hacked Bo Shen.
  • The attacker used social engineering to gain access to a mobile phone number that allowed them to gain access to other accounts, one of which had access to an old database backup from the forum.

https://blog.ethereum.org/2016/12/19/security-alert-12192016-ethereum-org-forums-database-compromised/

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

http://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2016/12/20/hackers-have-stolen-millions-of-dollars-in-bitcoin-using-only-phone-numbers/#34624b2322db

Hackers Have Stolen Millions Of Dollars In Bitcoin -- Using Only Phone Numbers

That is the reason I do not give out phone numbers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DIX

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 07:11:58 PM

Is maintained above 0.00900000
irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 03:27:49 AM

Is maintained above 0.00900000

Between today and tomorrow I think it broke the support of the 0.00900000 today low more than 5%

IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 05:48:23 AM

Ethf is a one way street to $1

ETC will have limited supply. Ethf has unlimited token supply, unlimited forks, unlimited inflation and pos will be the final nail in the coffin. Vitaly is a criminal.

What is the problem of POS? inflation?

That plus it's the definition of a ponzi. The top holders will get free tokens for life at the expense of new entrants and then constantly dump on new investors.

I don't think you know what a ponzi scheme is, then.

From Wikipedia: A Ponzi scheme (/ˈpɒn.zi/; also a Ponzi game)[1] is a fraudulent investment operation where the operator, an individual or organization, pays returns to its investors from new capital paid to the operators by new investors, rather than from profit earned through legitimate sources. Operators of Ponzi schemes usually entice new investors by offering higher returns than other investments, in the form of short-term returns that are either abnormally high or unusually consistent.

Given this actual definition of a ponzie scheme, how exactly is PoS implementation on a public blockchain a ponzi, and how does that make "Vitaly a criminal"?

Note: I'm not expecting bitpop to actually be able to answer this.  Rarely, in the face of rational and logical reasoning, has he been able to say anything that amounts to more than just fud.

is a fraudulent investment operation where the operator, an individual or organization, pays returns to its investors from new capital paid to the operators by new investors, rather than from profit earned through legitimate sources. Operators of Ponzi schemes usually entice new investors by offering higher returns than other investments, in the form of short-term returns that are either abnormally high or unusually consistent.

Care to answer any of those questions I posed bitpop? Or all you can do is repeat what I said?

It's the definition of a ponzi, there are no questions. And vitaly owning a ponzi makes him a criminal.

Lol we quite definitively established that it's not the definition of a ponzi, by the fucking definition itself!  Cheesy You do speak English, right? I'll break it down for you:

• a fraudulent investment operation where the operator, an individual or organization, pays returns to its investors: Vitalik is neither the operator, individual, nor organization who is paying returns to investors.
  • ...from new capital paid to the operators by new investors, rather than from profit earned through legitimate sources.: PoS rewards are not issued from capital paid to the operators by the new investors.  These rewards are generated via the protocol, in exchange for miners processing transactions and minting new blocks.
  • Operators of Ponzi schemes usually entice new investors by offering higher returns than other investments, in the form of short-term returns that are either abnormally high or unusually consistent.:  PoS implementation in no way solicits abnormally high short-term returns on investment.  Certainly no more than PoW does.  The currently expected numbers in the latest Muave paper from Vitalik prove this.

Maybe...you don't understand how PoS works?  Huh I mean, you know that the person with the highest stake doesn't always get to mine the next block, right?  IMO, the proposed Casper implementation is very creative and elegant solution to that particular problem (Block selection variants).  Cool

So,
Care to answer any of those questions I posed bitpop? Or all you can do is repeat what I said?
Grin Grin

I'm still waiting for you to back up your statements bitpop!  Can you?  Or do you only have the brains for trolling in this thread because your moderated ETC thread is dead? Cheesy Cheesy

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
Biscutard

Activity: 759
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 09:49:48 AM

If there is fundamental problem with Ethereum, both will be zero.
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 10:54:11 AM

If there is fundamental problem with Ethereum, both will be zero.

There's always bagholders of etherium

LOL!

The top 500 Bitcoin addresses own 30% of all BTC.

In crypto currencies, success and failure is based on having the best bagholders Smiley

wallflies

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 06:35:07 PM

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

https://cointelegraph.com/news/california-startup-uses-blockchain-for-real-estate-deals-from-la-to-dubai-and-moscow

revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 08:14:50 PM

Eurakos Next: A New Complementary Cryptocurrency Based On the Ethereum Blockchain

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/12/22/eurakos-next-new-complementary-cryptocurrency-based-ethereum-blockchain/

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2016, 02:37:46 AM

Beware, ethf is not fungible!

IncludeBeer
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 03:02:35 AM

ETC will have limited supply. Ethf has unlimited token supply, unlimited forks, unlimited inflation and pos will be the final nail in the coffin. Vitaly is a criminal.

That plus it's the definition of a ponzi. The top holders will get free tokens for life at the expense of new entrants and then constantly dump on new investors.

From Wikipedia: A Ponzi scheme (/ˈpɒn.zi/; also a Ponzi game)[1] is a fraudulent investment operation where the operator, an individual or organization, pays returns to its investors from new capital paid to the operators by new investors, rather than from profit earned through legitimate sources. Operators of Ponzi schemes usually entice new investors by offering higher returns than other investments, in the form of short-term returns that are either abnormally high or unusually consistent.

Given this actual definition of a ponzie scheme, how exactly is PoS implementation on a public blockchain a ponzi, and how does that make "Vitaly a criminal"?

Note: I'm not expecting bitpop to actually be able to answer this.  Rarely, in the face of rational and logical reasoning, has he been able to say anything that amounts to more than just fud.

is a fraudulent investment operation where the operator, an individual or organization, pays returns to its investors from new capital paid to the operators by new investors, rather than from profit earned through legitimate sources. Operators of Ponzi schemes usually entice new investors by offering higher returns than other investments, in the form of short-term returns that are either abnormally high or unusually consistent.

It's the definition of a ponzi, there are no questions. And vitaly owning a ponzi makes him a criminal.

Lol we quite definitively established that it's not the definition of a ponzi, by the fucking definition itself!  Cheesy You do speak English, right? I'll break it down for you:

• a fraudulent investment operation where the operator, an individual or organization, pays returns to its investors: Vitalik is neither the operator, individual, nor organization who is paying returns to investors.
  • ...from new capital paid to the operators by new investors, rather than from profit earned through legitimate sources.: PoS rewards are not issued from capital paid to the operators by the new investors.  These rewards are generated via the protocol, in exchange for miners processing transactions and minting new blocks.
  • Operators of Ponzi schemes usually entice new investors by offering higher returns than other investments, in the form of short-term returns that are either abnormally high or unusually consistent.:  PoS implementation in no way solicits abnormally high short-term returns on investment.  Certainly no more than PoW does.  The currently expected numbers in the latest Muave paper from Vitalik prove this.

Maybe...you don't understand how PoS works?  Huh I mean, you know that the person with the highest stake doesn't always get to mine the next block, right?  IMO, the proposed Casper implementation is very creative and elegant solution to that particular problem (Block selection variants).  Cool

So,
Grin Grin

bitpop spouts shit he doesn't understand, and then can't explain himself.

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2016, 03:08:45 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2016, 04:33:19 AM by bitpop

So,
Grin Grin

You're a worthy opponent

See:

More centralized

Not fungible

Mutable

Delusional community

Constant losses

tortellino

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 01:29:17 PM

there is a nice chart of the price of ETH here:

https://whaleclub.co/i/ZpZa3h

▄█████████████████▄▄▄
███████████████████████▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████  ▄▄▄▄
█████              ▀█████████▀
█████                ██████▀
█████             ▄██████▀
█████         ▄▄██████▓▀   
█████      ▄▄███████▀   ▄▓██
█████   ▄▄███████▓▀   ▄▓████
█████▄█████████▀   ▄▓██████▌
████████████▓▀   ▄▓████████
██████████▀   ▄▓██████████
████████▀   ▄███████████▀
 ▀███▓▀   ▄▓███████▀▀▀┘
.DEVAULT.     
  ●   

.COMMUNITYE
.GOVERNANCE.
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
  .ICOEE
PREMINE
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
Tara11

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 08:53:25 PM

Is it time to invest in Ethereum?
IncludeBeer
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 09:30:34 PM

You're a worthy opponent

See:

More centralized

Not fungible

Mutable

Delusional community

Constant losses

See, that's the problem bitpop.  I can say the exact same thing about ETC.  All you're doing is offering up key words, with absolutely no explanation or meaning behind them.  They're buzz words, and even the semi-intelligent will see through that.  So, when I say this about ETC:

"More centralized

Not fungible

Mutable

Delusional community

Constant losses"

...what value is there in those words alone? None!  If you're going to take the time to troll, at least do it properly.  As of now, you still haven't been able to justify any of the sputum you constantly put in this thread. In what world would you think anyone would take such blathering seriously?

p.s. I'm still waiting for some actual explanation of why PoS is a ponzi scam that Vitalik is responsible for.  I was enjoying our debate, but you pretty much gave up. Cheesy Grin

Sargossy

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2016, 10:32:06 PM

ETH is down everyday
what happened with ethereum?

IncludeBeer
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 11:29:07 PM

ETH is down everyday

Btc has skyrocketed the last 72 hours.  Alt coins always drop when this happens.

wallflies

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 05:17:28 PM

Cool

https://media.consensys.net/2017-blockchain-predictions-dcc38066a937#.h9aje31yu

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 05:37:51 PM

eth is at bargain basement prices right now
its also a coin with possibly the brightest future of all coins
i will take this opportunity gladly to add to my stack ........ Cool
moroseneng

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 07:34:19 PM

ETH is down everyday

Btc has skyrocketed the last 72 hours.  Alt coins always drop when this happens.

But zcash is still goin up Huh
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2016, 07:48:09 PM

eth is at bargain basement prices right now

This is where delusion roots originate from.

Pages: « 1 ... 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 [601] 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: